TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    Just my opinion. It worked for me.

What I meant about personal stuff is that the two LIEs liked to talk about a)their girlfriend, b)business, c)random rambling about other stuff. Personal warmth is necessary but not when you try to concentrate and the one next to you, who needs to shut up for a minute, won't stop talking about unrelated topics. I prefer a clear segregation between personal conversations and lectures.
    Okay. But that's just part of their personality. If for example I tried to take that part away, I would just become some robotic text-to-speech reader, in the long run.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    He gestured with his hands like claws while he talked and it was hot.
    that does sound hot. it's all about those hand gestures

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Okay. But that's just part of their personality. If for example I tried to take that part away, I would just become some robotic text-to-speech reader, in the long run.
    You're right that would be unnatural. You can't hide your Fi-DS . As @Adam Strange explained before, some types need this side of your personality. LIEs are good teachers to some types and if they want to teach others they have to adjust and understand that everyone has different needs. Same goes for any type.
    I still persist on my view that some people just suck at teaching.
    And I don't like the idea that there is a type in socionics that is a good mentor for everyone. I prefer relativity, ok?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Teachers kill my creativity more often than not.
    Also they demotivate me and I demotivate them.
    If the person is not kind and absolutely patient and flexible, chances are that I won't learn. Rigid schedules and long term commitments kill me. Also I suck at memorizing information that has no real use for my daily life. I succeed more at learning practical things through hands on or personal experience.

I think that being good or bad teacher depends more on having the correct motivation and enough knowledge than types, potentially every type is able to be a good teacher (talking objectively). The subjective criteria of the judger is what ends up putting labels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12