Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESFp anger

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESFp anger

Is any of this applicable to socionics SEEs?

https://existential-esfp.tumblr.com/...219/esfp-anger

Note: this description mostly fits unhealthy functions and is not in any way how a healthy ESFP handles anger.

When they get angry: when they’ve reached their limit or necessary force is needed.
    How they get angry: a sudden loss of control, unpredictable, and individual to the situation.
    As seen in nature: Fire.

ESFPs are a unique variety when it comes to anger and their outbursts. First of all, ESFPs are anything but standard. Se (Extroverted Sensing) ranges from being a reckless adrenaline junkie to quietly observing the world around them. Fi (Introverted Feeling) is Fi, so being unique or individual is seemingly second nature. That alone makes this a hard subject to discuss in depth on a broad scale. This much is steadfast, more than anything ESFP anger is a sudden and noticeable loss of control. Whatever they’ve been bottling up inside, it’s going to come out in full force and it’s going to be ugly. Secondly, realize that this type is eternally conscious of their external world and their inner selves, so having little to no control over what they say or do, no matter how brief, can actually be more terrifying for them than the person they’re lashing out at.

ESFP anger is unpredictable. The weird thing is, ESFP anger is not always the “I’ll tear you limb from limb” kind of rage. Sometimes, it’s incredibly sweet. They’ve lost control, but their anger is used to smile almost sadistically and smooth over each of their words ending with a distinct bite at the end of each sentence. ESFP anger can literally be a knee-jerk instinct to punch whatever made them angry. ESFP anger is weird, and what’s frightening is that there’s no way to know for sure how they’re going to react. Something that may have (for a lack of a better word) ‘triggered’ them once may not ‘trigger’ them a second time or a third time, but will a fourth time. Which is why it is imperative that the ESFP needs to have a handle on their emotions and know their limits of what they can or cannot put up with, otherwise they become erratic and nonsensical time-bombs of negative emotion.

ESFP anger is individual to the situation. Part of the unpredictability of the ESFP’s anger is that depending on where they are or who they are around may directly change how they react. If they are in a place where many of their friends are, they may just stuff their outburst into aggressively passive-aggressive remarks. If they are alone or in a place where they don’t care about anyone or have reached their limit of bs, it’s going to be ugly.

ESFP anger will not always be justified (in fact most of the time it’s not just ONE thing) as many of their judgements are decided on Fi which in essence is their own moral compass. We’re emotional beings, and sometimes emotions get the best of us. If an ESFP knows their limits, they may just shut up, wait for the flash of anger to pass, walk out to cool off, or let people know that if something doesn’t change they’re going to lose it. OR they may straight up lose it. Some ESFPs may strangely enjoy ‘losing it’ as it may be a new or dangerous sensation for Se to experience and Fi gets to manifest in the real world.

Real talk: Seriously, ESFPs don’t get angry or lose it all that often. They take most things in good humor, so it’s weird when it feels like when you have to walk on broken glass around them. Hope this was helpful or at least insightful.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From my experience the article is spot on. When and why they lose control differs from person to person but still, once they're angry search for a hideout. But the SEEs I know don't punch people they just get pretty loud and intimidating.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they do get loud and very intimidating. It makes me tremble when my hubby starts going off on my 10 year old for something. They are both SEE and it doesn't work out for me to eat much at dinner most nights because of it. [on going picky boy about food problems] Sometimes I try to help him see what my little boy is saying, but watch out, it's aimed at me then ... live and learn --I never do.

Unpleasant part of living with a SEE, that's for sure. It's not always like that though.

Hot Buttons, SEE have many of them. Everyone might have some, but I do know SEE own and collect these like candy.

This stuff is really emotively heavy, to me, but the next minute, it never even happened, WTF. My IEI daughter can't stand any of this and begs everyone to stop, retreats if possible in an instant, at the dinner table it just adds to my distress. Sometimes my hubby SEE stomps off, a few minutes later I can interact with him like nothing happened, yet I still feel queasy over it, it takes massive laughing or hard rock music to relieve that pressure (for me).
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I usually lose control and get extremely aggressive. I've made people cry before just by yelling at them with cutting words. And then I usually cool off just as quickly. I also like to throw things when I'm really pissed so make sure there's nothing fragile around.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have found that ESFp are slightly less likely to blow up than ISFj but they share what I like to call a pressure-cooker quality. Many seem to have rigid moralistic values which an imperfect world cannot possibly meet and in public, they tend to keep quiet about things that upset them. Each transgression of expected behaviour seems to raise the pressure until a threshold is reached, which could happen anytime, any place. The blow-up may seem to be caused by a minor issue but it's more likely due to an accumulation of issues; these two types need to vent so when they don't have a relief valve, many can explode. They seem to need someone who can place the context of their concerns in concrete terms......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I have found that ESFp are slightly less likely to blow up than ISFj but they share what I like to call a pressure-cooker quality. Many seem to have rigid moralistic values which an imperfect world cannot possibly meet and in public, they tend to keep quiet about things that upset them. Each transgression of expected behaviour seems to raise the pressure until a threshold is reached, which could happen anytime, any place. The blow-up may seem to be caused by a minor issue but it's more likely due to an accumulation of issues; these two types need to vent so when they don't have a relief valve, many can explode. They seem to need someone who can place the context of their concerns in concrete terms......

a.k.a. I/O
    I can tell when my SEE hubby is nearing a blowup often, and push at him until he bursts, just to get it out of the way, when I can handle it easiest like that.

He'll insist he only got upset because I pushed at him, but believe me --pushing him when he's NOT building up steam does nothing much at all, so ... :-)
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESFp 7's anger is a tempest in a teapot. They're too much in need of good feelings to linger in fury for long. It's a short burst to relieve pressure, quickly making up.
    ESFp 2 will turn from cute and nice to unexpected dramatic, demonic 8 levels I'm not kidding, if someone manages to disintegrate a SEE 2 oh god please hide.
    ESFp 8's controlling anger is default and literally everyone knows it. Intricately vulnerable but their vengeful rage covers that up. Their honesty hurts the most.
    ESFp 3 keeps the façade as long as possible. A lot of emotions can mix into their anger via their wing. Fights to save face or asserting their goal.
    ESFp p6 rage may even be invisible. It's an anxious screaming breakdown with blaming, victimizing, disappointment, running away. Nothing but a test for you.
    ESFp cp6 ohhh shit, oh shit. Most likely to get dangerously physical I think, but this is as likely for SEE 8. Refusal, refusal, refusal, denial, denial, denial. Accusations.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm living with an SEE right now who believes he has Asperger's and I witnessed his first mini blow-up around everyone else we live with yesterday. I think he's in the process of learning how to be more level with his emotions and expectations of others (in the exact vein as described by @Rebelondeck ) because it wasn't as explosive and cranky as how I experienced him to be around when I first moved in and met him. It's interesting to say the least.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

didnt they get rid of assburgers? I think its just called "autism" now

I always thought of autism as a form of extreme Ti + Si, its hard for me to imagine an autistic SEE (not saying it doesn't exist of course)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    ESFp 8's controlling anger is default and literally everyone knows it. Intricately vulnerable but their vengeful rage covers that up. Their honesty hurts the most.
    Yeah they are one of the most terrible types from a social point of view, good to get things done I guess.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The healthy ESFp 8s may be rare but I think that they can be a tremendous societal force for change. With a good cause I guess they may be the most impactful among all sociotypes. It's the anger in small affairs that keep their potential in privacy and a wrong outlet. Anger is one of the most powerful tools to get stuff moving, yep, because it comes from a standpoint of feeling repressed, disempowered, and unsatisfied. 8 has the advantage of being able to let that out without barriers like the SEE 3 for instance. @FDG

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    The healthy ESFp 8s may be rare but I think that they can be a tremendous societal force for change. With a good cause I guess they may be the most impactful among all sociotypes. It's the anger in small affairs that keep their potential in privacy and a wrong outlet. Anger is one of the most powerful tools to get stuff moving, yep, because it comes from a standpoint of feeling repressed, disempowered, and unsatisfied. 8 has the advantage of being able to let that out without barriers like the SEE 3 for instance. @FDG
    I agree with you, there´s an SEE 8 manager at work, I get along "decently" with him (most people don´t), I can see his great potential, but sometimes he is just so incredibly destructive in a completely random and subjective fashion, it´s really hard to agree with his methods. If there´s a really really large group of people he can direct, he can be really good at it because it´s impossible to be entreched by personal preferences (another big weakness of SEEs, they judge other people´s performance based on their personal feelings about a person - these feelings can randomly vary on a daily basis).

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy View Post
    I can tell when my SEE hubby is nearing a blowup often, and push at him until he bursts, just to get it out of the way, when I can handle it easiest like that.

He'll insist he only got upset because I pushed at him, but believe me --pushing him when he's NOT building up steam does nothing much at all, so ... :-)
    I find that their anger is more rooted in frustration than retaliation even though it can sometimes be out-of-control violent. SEEs tend to seethe when cornered, contained or affronted while ESIs tend to boil when things simply don't seem to be going their way.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that their anger is more rooted in frustration than retaliation even though it can sometimes be out-of-control violent. SEEs tend to seethe when cornered, contained or affronted while ESIs tend to boil when things simply don't seem to be going their way.

a.k.a. I/O
    Overall sure, that's what I would call my prodding of him, it's all from frustration. Frustration because of ... anything.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I agree with you, there´s an SEE 8 manager at work, I get along "decently" with him (most people don´t), I can see his great potential, but sometimes he is just so incredibly destructive in a completely random and subjective fashion, it´s really hard to agree with his methods. If there´s a really really large group of people he can direct, he can be really good at it because it´s impossible to be entreched by personal preferences (another big weakness of SEEs, they judge other people´s performance based on their personal feelings about a person - these feelings can randomly vary on a daily basis).
    I know exactly what you mean, you can see the lack of in those actions. If it's destructive and random, the long-term vision is missing. A biased creative is hard to deal with when they sometimes suddenly dislike someone, so he sounds like he could use more of 's consistent fairness mindset. SEE 8 and volatility... maybe he's "underchallenged" as I call it. needs something bigger to fight against so they will no longer divide the people (divide and conquer, Caesar style). I think he could be stirred into a better situation that suits his strengths when there's a warning about an upcoming crisis for the company. SEE 8s crave adversary like air, otherwise they'll become adversary themselves and terrorize the people instead. Their need is to be strong thus the goal is to be strong for others so they can be the hero figure they should be.

Do you know his tritype?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well okay they said I'm esfp.. So how i take anger:

I really rarely get angry but sometimes being a girl i can get really moody that i really say bad words to others. Like i just know how to hurt someone. That's why as much as possible, I'm trying to hold myself back like to just stay away because showing your anger is not cool plus you don't wanna hurt people and you're fucking emotional and being emotional isn't cool either.

So i just leave. Because if i stay, i will not allow myself to lose on an argument. And maturity speaking, i would rather lose an argument than lose friendship.

Because i think when I'm being angry I'm just being irrational.

That all.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 3w2 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a.k.a. I/O
    I agree with both your posts. The Anger is indeed rooted in frustration and frustration is rooted in unfulfilled hopes which itself comes from a point of pure (and disappointed) optimism.
    The biggest optimists tend to be the angriest people.

I personally often have fits of anger in which I do things I mostly end up regretting. I usually fix the problem at hand through pure will power and force, but create a bigger one at the same time that ends up haunting me later on.

When I was younger I tend to get into physical fights and I was generally known as a choleric hot-head. I started picking up Karate and my brilliant teacher managed to calm me down with self control exercises and meditation. Since then I let off the steam right when it builds up and only get a bit pushy and salty, instead of waiting until things build up and I literally explode.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy View Post

That’s imho the best conduct, triggering it as early as possible and remaining calm yourself. I generally get angry, cool off again and everything is forgotten. Sadly most people tend to get angry themselves, which doesn't really help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Lessons View Post
    Yeah, I usually lose control and get extremely aggressive. I've made people cry before just by yelling at them with cutting words. And then I usually cool off just as quickly. I also like to throw things when I'm really pissed so make sure there's nothing fragile around.
    I relate . The last time I properly blew up a few years ago, my sister got so afraid she jumped out of the 1st floor and ran 6 miles through the rain to her then boyfriend. I don't even remember why I was so upset.

On another occasion I tried to jailbrake my iPad and it didn't work. My brilliant solution to the problem at hand was to throw it against the wall with full force. Later I realised that this wasn't what I would call a smart or sensible move.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An angry SEE? Look no further than the current president of the States...

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    An angry SEE? Look no further than the current president of the States...

he has the best words

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you watched "blue is the warmest color"? I have a SEE friend, she is just like Emma. their break up scene is pretty much how I have seen SEEs get angry: https://youtu.be/igBIlP181XE

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know if this is necessarily type related. Perhaps Se types are more prone to expressing anger, i don't know. But hotheads......you can never reason with them. The best approach I find is to not engage with them, neither fighting fire with fire or fire with water. Sometimes the fire of anger burns bigger with a little extra fuel, but will die down quickly after its consumed. Just let it pass. It is all very childlike. I do not tolerate well anger directed at me though. I also tend to avoid angry people as they tend to upset general tranquility. I don't like the drama generally.

With people I am close with, I'm pretty much: "Are you done yet?"

There are some SEEs that I understand and respect their anger. I know it stems mostly from violating their core ethics such as respect and consideration. If I know that about them and want a relationship with them, professionally or more intimately, I abide by it for the most part.
    Last edited by Skepsis; 08-21-2017 at 01:16 PM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I'm living with an SEE right now who believes he has Asperger's and I witnessed his first mini blow-up around everyone else we live with yesterday. I think he's in the process of learning how to be more level with his emotions and expectations of others (in the exact vein as described by @Rebelondeck ) because it wasn't as explosive and cranky as how I experienced him to be around when I first moved in and met him. It's interesting to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post

I always thought of autism as a form of extreme Ti + Si, its hard for me to imagine an autistic SEE (not saying it doesn't exist of course)
    I have to correct this: turns out he's actually an SLE, and I get along with him really well lol. Yeah, the "austistic/aspergers SEE" seemed to almost be an impossibility to me too.

TIM
    SEE! Type 7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm. Yes, unfortunately my anger rises up in a split second. It usually stems from people not doing what I've asked them to do, or if they are doing something that doesn't make any sense to the present situation and conflicts with what needs to get done, NOW.

Basically...if you are interfering with my Se, undermining my Se, or fucking with my vision of how this needs to go...I will be mad. It only last a moment though, and I go back to being happy go lucky after I've yelled or put you in your place. I love my ILI husband because he is mentally strong and intellectual and can hold his own in any debate, but at the same time, open to my instructions and suggestions.

A good example of this...last week we had a fuel "shortage" in my part of the country because of the hurricane. I wasn't about to be caught without a tank of gas, you never know how long these things will last, so I decided to leave the office at 10am in search of gasoline. It took 2 hours to fuel up. I texted my ILI, who of course hadn't heard a thing about fuel being short. He thanked me and went on his own search for gas.

I come back to the office, tried to warn my LSI boss. "Hey, have you heard about the fuel shortage?"
    Boss: Oh, that's only out in the suburbs
    me: No, it's here in the city too. I had to go to 7 stations around here to find gas, then I had to wait in line 45 minutes. The roads are flooded so fuel trucks are having a hard time delivering to the stations"
    Boss: What about 7-11?
    Me: No gas there
    Boss: QuickTrip?
    Me: No gas there either.
    Boss: Nah, there's gas. You've just gotta go to the right stations.

I just left at that point, if he wants to be caught on E on the freeway it's his problem. I was mad about it! I'm trying to HELP YOU, IDIOT. lol. I wanted to kick him.

I have also found that Ne style silliness when I am trying to Se the hell out of something will get you yelled at VERY QUICK. I have a child who is either ENTp or ENFp, and I'll be instructing her on how to do something effectively, right now. Whatever I am telling her to do is important to a goal I am trying to reach (Your cousins are coming over, clean up your room, etc). She will go into silly Ne mode and want to show me something random on her phone or she will start analyzing possibilities that don't need to be analyzed at the time. It pisses me off to no end...lol. But the good thing is she knows her mom is crazy and I haven't traumatized the poor child. I have told her many times to not take it personally, mom is just nuts.
    I'm just an effin ray of sunshine

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism now. It is on a spectrum. You see, autism is kind of like where the brain is deformed. There are tons of symptoms, and not enough reasons, Asperger's syndrome is but one of those syndromes. Big shock, I have it. I know folks who also have it. It's pretty common. You learn to compensate. It's more like being shoved a ton of information on things, and having no preconditioned response to them. Oh yeah, what is left is the logic, like 1=1 is true, can't debate that very well. But what does this person mean by doing this incredibly stupid thing? Oh boy, the white flag is up, abandon ship, avoid that with a 10 foot pole. I've developed coping skills, as do most people do. I could go into it in depth, like the usual, but hey, I'll just end it there.

I/O is pretty spot on with his analysis, as usual. I was going to say it seems they're getting frustrated with stuff, probably a combination of incompetence, not understanding things, and not being successful to their expectations.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 12-01-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionically, LSE is the type most likely to get angry, SLI too and ILI even (poor control over Fe) .... but, if someones got anger issues, unless they're REALLY good at what they do, you won't encounter them much, as usually they mess stuff up like work, social relations etc.

I don't think this anger link is related to ESFP, I think it's someone who's angry, trying to relate it to ESFP.

Enneagram might give some more indicators of it ... but to what extent, I don't know, if it does, it can't be too much of a step from the norm, otherwise really explosive people would be encountered more, somewhere outside prison and the job centre.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    Socionically, LSE is the type most likely to get angry, SLI too and ILI even (poor control over Fe) .... but, if someones got anger issues, unless they're REALLY good at what they do, you won't encounter them much, as usually they mess stuff up like work, social relations etc.

I don't think this anger link is related to ESFP, I think it's someone who's angry, trying to relate it to ESFP.

Enneagram might give some more indicators of it ... but to what extent, I don't know, if it does, it can't be too much of a step from the norm, otherwise really explosive people would be encountered more.
    Er. I don't know, uh. I believe you are saying that because we're talking about an angry person, then we're actually the angry person. Hey I don't know. Just saying that's probably logically wrong. Am I correct or being dumb? Another possibility is that we're talking about someone else who is angry, and thus wrong in assuming that this person is an ESFp. Honestly, I don't know, I've never met an ESFp knowingly. I always type people based on their actions and how they act in relation to the definitions of the functions that I have been told. Like, yeah, um, even if you told me you're an ESFp, I'd be like, doubt it, until I went through the steps. So yeah. I could go through the steps of saying what an ESFp is, but eh. Actually, I should, to provide accuracy, but I have little context, and it is less accurate. Also, it assumes nobody knows what they're talking about. I'm tentatively including me, because while I know the definitions, I was told them. There's knowing, and then there's knowing​, if you get the insanity.

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Er. I don't know, uh. I believe you are saying that because we're talking about an angry person, then we're actually the angry person. Hey I don't know. Just saying that's probably logically wrong. Am I correct or being dumb? Another possibility is that we're talking about someone else who is angry, and thus wrong in assuming that this person is an ESFp. Honestly, I don't know, I've never met an ESFp knowingly. I always type people based on their actions and how they act in relation to the definitions of the functions that I have been told. Like, yeah, um, even if you told me you're an ESFp, I'd be like, doubt it, until I went through the steps. So yeah. I could go through the steps of saying what an ESFp is, but eh. Actually, I should, to provide accuracy, but I have little context, and it is less accurate. Also, it assumes nobody knows what they're talking about. I'm tentatively including me, because while I know the definitions, I was told them. There's knowing, and then there's knowing​, if you get the insanity.
    I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, you me or anyone else here. I don't know who the blogger is, but addressing the type of 'SEE' rather than any person.

For an individual, someone I know IRL I suspected of SEE, and today I asked her to sit a test, which gave her SEE. She's not angry at all. Rules the roost in her house for sure, but she's nice and calm and sensitive person.

I think some sort of typology, maybe enneagram or something could give an 'anger' predictor, but i'm not certain. What happens though is if an LSE for instance seems calm, they're given Type 9. It's probably better to look at ways to address the problem for a solution, rather than spend time ascribing it to a type, but, whatever works for the person, it might all be part of a process.

ie, some people could work through themselves via art, so, maybe someone could work through themselves with type as a template, but, not a justification.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, you me or anyone else here. I don't know who the blogger is, but addressing the type of 'SEE' rather than any person.

For an individual, someone I know IRL I suspected of SEE, and today I asked her to sit a test, which gave her SEE. She's not angry at all. Rules the roost in her house for sure, but she's nice and calm and sensitive person.

I think some sort of typology, maybe enneagram or something could give an 'anger' predictor, but i'm not certain. What happens though is if an LSE for instance seems calm, they're given Type 9. It's probably better to look at ways to address the problem for a solution, rather than spend time ascribing it to a type, but, whatever works for the person, it might all be part of a process.

ie, some people could work through themselves via art, so, maybe someone could work through themselves with type as a template, but, not a justification.
    I understand you. You are quite right. It really depends on circumstance. Like if my brother is being annoying, I will have a minimal chance of getting angry. It usually doesn't happen, or else I would be angry all the time if it did. However, if there is something important, then I'll get angry. As such, if I feet that most things he deals with are important, then I'd probably be angry even more often. Generally relations are such that we ignore each other.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 12-06-2017 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Reformatting all of my texts

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Oh. Got you. Yeah. You are quite right. It really depends on circumstance, as well. Like if my brother is being annoying, I'll have a minimal chance of getting angry. It doesn't usually happen, I'd be angry all the time if it did. However, if it is something important, then yes, I'll get angry. As such, if I felt that most things he deals with are important, then I'd probably be angry more.
    No probs.

I'm curious, you mentioned Aspergers Syndrome, I'm wondering how that was diagnosed? I don't mean to pry, PM me if you somehow mind posting about it here, if you want to post about it all of course.

I'm just curious how it flags for testing, then how it is tested and confirmed.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned this from a doctor several years ago, and then again I had this done latter, more recently, in the past few years. Then, I confirmed this minutes ago with an online test. I scored a 33, which is 1 above the level that is to be guaranteed by professionals.

Edit: Oh god this is embarrassing. I will reformat this to be more pleasing.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 12-06-2017 at 09:24 AM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, now for something different. This is for Gammas only.

ESFp anger is relatively hard to come by. It is more like they become afraid, and run away. They are like cats, curious as heck about stuff too. It is about right to deal with them very carefully. If they see you are having issues with formatting information, however, they will help. They are very adept at producing the style of information required for mass consumption.

Milo
    . You are on point.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

a lot of people say President Trump is a SEE, do you agree with that Alomoes? He get's angry often enough, although I suppose we might say its more theatrics than genuine a lot of the time

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of people say President Trump is a SEE, do you agree with that Alomoes? He get's angry often enough, although I suppose we might say its more theatrics than genuine a lot of the time
    I don't wish to discuss politics, but I often thought Hilary Clinton was angrier than Trump. Trump reminds me of Schwarzenegger a bit, not socionically, just that they'd made their careers already, and moved into politics for something else to do. Politics IS Hilary's ticket, so with more riding on it, the more it matters, and the more such passions and emotions as anger and ... desperation make their way out.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol did you really bring hillary into a discussion about trump's type

its not about who is angrier, its about SEE and anger

angers not even bad

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol did you really bring hillary into a discussion about trump

its not about who is angrier, its about SEE and anger

angers not even bad
    Anger is bad if it's uncontrolled or not dealt with correctly.

But, i'm really trying to understand what you're meaning by anger, and Hilary came to mind as someone who seemed desperately angry, vs Trump who just seemed to be there for entertainment.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

everything is bad if not dealt with correctly; misuse is bad by definition

anger is often the means by which people find the motivation to right injustice, so it would make sense that hillary had a stronger sense of that than Trump, so you're not wrong but now I'm just toying with you

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything is bad if not dealt with correctly; misuse is bad by definition

anger is often the means by which people find the motivation to right injustice, so it would make sense that hillary had a stronger sense of that than Trump, so you're not wrong but now I'm just toying with you
    Excessive happiness won't put you in prison, but anger will.

Feelings of injustice are subjective though, so one persons feeling of injustice is different from anothers, hence, irrational or unresolved anger, insecurities, which you demonstrate

I know you get it though, which is why I post a little but don't continue conversations, haha.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    Umm. Yes, unfortunately my anger rises up in a split second. It usually stems from people not doing what I've asked them to do, or if they are doing something that doesn't make any sense to the present situation and conflicts with what needs to get done, NOW.

Basically...if you are interfering with my Se, undermining my Se, or fucking with my vision of how this needs to go...I will be mad. It only last a moment though, and I go back to being happy go lucky after I've yelled or put you in your place. I love my ILI husband because he is mentally strong and intellectual and can hold his own in any debate, but at the same time, open to my instructions and suggestions.

A good example of this...last week we had a fuel "shortage" in my part of the country because of the hurricane. I wasn't about to be caught without a tank of gas, you never know how long these things will last, so I decided to leave the office at 10am in search of gasoline. It took 2 hours to fuel up. I texted my ILI, who of course hadn't heard a thing about fuel being short. He thanked me and went on his own search for gas.

I come back to the office, tried to warn my LSI boss. "Hey, have you heard about the fuel shortage?"
    Boss: Oh, that's only out in the suburbs
    me: No, it's here in the city too. I had to go to 7 stations around here to find gas, then I had to wait in line 45 minutes. The roads are flooded so fuel trucks are having a hard time delivering to the stations"
    Boss: What about 7-11?
    Me: No gas there
    Boss: QuickTrip?
    Me: No gas there either.
    Boss: Nah, there's gas. You've just gotta go to the right stations.

I just left at that point, if he wants to be caught on E on the freeway it's his problem. I was mad about it! I'm trying to HELP YOU, IDIOT. lol. I wanted to kick him.

I have also found that Ne style silliness when I am trying to Se the hell out of something will get you yelled at VERY QUICK. I have a child who is either ENTp or ENFp, and I'll be instructing her on how to do something effectively, right now. Whatever I am telling her to do is important to a goal I am trying to reach (Your cousins are coming over, clean up your room, etc). She will go into silly Ne mode and want to show me something random on her phone or she will start analyzing possibilities that don't need to be analyzed at the time. It pisses me off to no end...lol. But the good thing is she knows her mom is crazy and I haven't traumatized the poor child. I have told her many times to not take it personally, mom is just nuts.
    You sound pretty unberable....

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You sound pretty unberable....
    That kind of shit probably has more to do with her being an woman than her being an SEE.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Excessive happiness won't put you in prison, but anger will.

Feelings of injustice are subjective though, so one persons feeling of injustice is different from anothers, hence, irrational or unresolved anger, insecurities, which you demonstrate

I know you get it though, which is why I post a little but don't continue conversations, haha.
    excessive happiness will totally put you in prison, its called mania

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast