TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default G20 Hamburg Summit

Looking for your opinions.

Besides protests and violence from extremists in the city itself, how do you evaluate the state of things among the nations?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think its interesting trump sent ivanka in his stead to some meetings, which I think demonstrates his contempt for the g20

perhaps the anarchist protestors of the g20 have found an unlikely ally in trump who doesn't seem too keen on globalism either

its also possible he didn't think of the ramifications at all and sending ivanka means nothing because it was not so much a calculated decision but pure buffoonery; either way though, he obviously doesn't have a whole lot of reverence for the g20

a part of me thinks it was going to be "serious business" talk with people who really understand economics and trump was just intimidated because he holds himself out as this mastermind but it probably would have become clear rather quickly he was out of his depth; and for all his seeming recklessness in regards to the optics of various situations, I imagine this is one that was not lost on him for once because his immediate personal vanity could be at stake