View Poll Results: What function or Functions suit the general feel of this movie best?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fi

2 14.29%
  • Ti

1 7.14%
  • Si

1 7.14%
  • Ni

3 21.43%
  • Fe

1 7.14%
  • Se

1 7.14%
  • Te

1 7.14%
  • Ne

4 28.57%

Thread: Lola Rennt --- a really really popular German import film

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lola Rennt --- a really really popular German import film ..

I bought a copy of this movie the other day at an import store here locally and watched it ... the movie seems like it is heavily abstract, intuitive, and it seems like there are hugh amounts of and overtones ...

Anyhow, if anyone has seen this movie, would you say that the movie is more or ??? I am inclined to say , because there are three varying endings to choose from and make comparisons. However, also seems a good bet, since it seems like the whole story plot line revolves around qualitative cyclical time frames that progressivelly get more predictable and easier to follow which largely for the most part screams out to me ...

I guess another case for could be the fact that the movie also seems to focus alot on "potentialities" for example, she bumps into a woman three times, and it changes the course of her life. One bump, she goes broke and looses her belongings and children, the second she becomes rich, and the third she becomes a Jehova's witness!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked that movie. We should have Peter watch it... the question will be answered. It's funny when I watch stuff with him that I watch with an INTj because the INTj would really like Ne type stuff, but Peter strongly criticized the "pseudo philosophy" as he calls it and says that the value of the story lies in the moral being conveyed.

I voted Ni... the whole thing is about patterns of events. Yes, the fact that it changes a lot shows a lot of different possibilities (which would be Ne), but I still think the Ni is more integral.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I say definitely

It's such a great movie, just make sure you watch the original with subtitles. The dubbing is atrocious. :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched it without any subtitles ... I actually think it is better without the subtitles even if I do not catch everything that is said.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, the movie is as N as it gets... both Ne and Ni
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! I just found the whole script in German with Vocabulary help!

http://www.roither.at/pdf/franz/lola...ola%20rennt%22

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lola Rennt --- a really really popular German import fil

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I bought a copy of this movie the other day at an import store here locally and watched it ... the movie seems like it is heavily abstract, intuitive, and it seems like there are hugh amounts of and overtones ...

Anyhow, if anyone has seen this movie, would you say that the movie is more or ??? I am inclined to say , because there are three varying endings to choose from and make comparisons. However, also seems a good bet, since it seems like the whole story plot line revolves around qualitative cyclical time frames that progressivelly get more predictable and easier to follow which largely for the most part screams out to me ...

I guess another case for could be the fact that the movie also seems to focus alot on "potentialities" for example, she bumps into a woman three times, and it changes the course of her life. One bump, she goes broke and looses her belongings and children, the second she becomes rich, and the third she becomes a Jehova's witness!
    The actress seems ESTJ to me.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If is the function that makes people think "What if...", then the movie is .

I loved it. Finally a movie that depicts reality more or less the way I perceive it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man this movie sucked
    lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    If is the function that makes people think "What if...", then the movie is .

I loved it. Finally a movie that depicts reality more or less the way I perceive it.
    Exactly! And the movie is definatelly "what if" ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is funny ... essentially people who say (who are actually native speakers and understand the movie in it's origional context) are native speakers. Everyone else just seems to think it is ...

I am going entirely with for the simple fact that [after watching the movie more than a few times and understanding what is going on without looking at subtitles] I think the movie is intended to have multiple endings are based totally on "what ifs," and "multiple endings." I do not think the endings are necessarily qualatative connections, as I thought previously.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Your current avatar--what is meant by having it as your avatar?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I'm not a native speaker, I didn't pay much attention to the actual words anyway. Someone had raised a question the other day, which I had trouble answering at the time, but I woke up from a dream with a direction to the answer, and it's kind of rushing to me now that I've watched this movie and pictured everything as a game of pool, and I'm dying to get it jotted down some time.

I see the movie as being fundamentally , but I can see why people think of it as , because the execution of each possibility seems somehow , and the film focuses more on the execution -- well, you can't have them lying there in the bed talking about alternate realities all the time, that would be such a snooze fest -- so I voted for . I love the movie, it reminds me of the thrill I get from solving unexpected crises on time. And now I can't sleep because of the state of excitement it's put me in. Definitely getting the soundtrack. Interesting how one song is named "Believe" and another, "Somebody Has To Pay".
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lola Rennt - ein Tolle deutsche Film

What do you guys think?

Opening Sequence
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiq1lturAao[/youtube]

One of the Run scenes [I think the first]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk48llog2h0&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

This one shows the efffects of all 3 run scenes
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzZXL7H1las&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

Creepy-bg

didn't we do this already?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be a spoil sport! I needed an excuse to add clips ... lol.

Creepy-bg

lol ok sorry... (I must of drank an extra cup of Jackassery this morning cause I've been causing problems all day long on nearly every forum I post on )

I agreed with your Ne & Ni... I also think there's Fi (and to a lesser extent Fe (although not enough to get a vote)) that comes into it when you consider her motivations and drive to get the money for her boyfriend... also the "bad" endings elicit emotional responses... The whole circumstance of the situation reaks of ethical delema and emotional interplay (while the structure and such of the actual film speak of Ne/Ni)

(it's been awhile since I saw this movie and I wasn't all that into it so excuse my bad analysis (if it's bad))

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repetitive phenomena. Minimizing the errors of the past to guarantee an ideal future.

The inevitability of events. What is destined to happen will happen. When you bypass a disastrous fate, it is passed on to someone else.

Strong sense of danger and of being restricted by time that I associate with .

Those are the key concepts in the movie that I can remember for now.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a statement that is made in German that I think hints to whether the movie is more Ne or Ni during the first part introduction where the guy is talking about the purposes of mankind. The whole thing was German without subtitles, so I do not think anyone caught it. But in German he the guy said:

Doch ist am Ende nicht immer wieder die gleiche Frage, und immer wieder die gleiche Antwort ...
    Which translates to something like:

On the contrary in the end not always all of the same questions are asked, and always there is the same answer
    So, the whole emphasis of the movie is based on there being alternatives that lead to the same end.

Would that be more Ne or Ni? Or is it just simple intuitive in general?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, how about this ... would you guys agree that what went on about 6:50 and 4:40 in the second video put up is an example of extroverted intuition, and the whole general looping and improving is an example of extroverted intuition?

Yet, the time sequences and immediate urgency is introverted intuition?