Thread: Traditions and Delta Quadra types

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Traditions and Delta Quadra types

I'm fascinated by the contrast of Ne and Si valuing. Ne is the thing that should put one forward into liberalism, open mindedness and experimental way of living, while Si is more down to earth and bounded with the past. Fi in particular incleans more towards traditional values as well, or at least is less likely to accept an open concept morality. I wonder how comfortable or uncomfortable deltas are with traditions and traditional values, such as family, monogamy in relationship, children, religion, etc...
    I for example find it very hard to relate to such values, I'm very neoliberal in basically all of my believes. It might not be quadra related, but I still find it interesting how people of different types veiw these things.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very good topic. It depends on how emphasized each is in the type of course, but also don't forget how they "mix" through being blocked with each other.

But first, a definition of what traditions (probably also in the "etc" you used) can refer to. x

Commonly spoken of

Not so commonly spoken of

Probably because those who trumpet "traditional values" the loudest do not actually adhere to them.

• Honor
    • Integrity
    • Charity
    • Modesty
    • Work ethic (only when it does not involve whoever speaking of it)
    • Family values (the real kind, not their redefined sort)

Skeletons in the closet

You already know how I work. My stance toward skeleton closet and commonly mentioned tradition is unsurprisingly "abolish it all!"

The things you've spoken about - marriage, kids, classic nuclear family, religion, not for me.
    Monogamy: remains to be seen. I view it as potential entitlement or ownership but it has other reasons that seem like pros to me as well.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE-Fi here married to an SLI.

I never dated anyone longer than 3 dates or so if they compromised my values, including religion, family, morals, ethics. These had to be lined up before I continued further in a relationship. I didn't see much point in getting caught up in a relationship with drama and heart ache if these things weren't first in place.

Some might say this is Fi speaking. Others might say this is not type related. I'm not really sure. I suppose this is just my Ne speaking from personal experience.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    IEE-Fi here married to an SLI.

I never dated anyone longer than 3 dates or so if they compromised my values, including religion, family, morals, ethics. These had to be lined up before I continued further in a relationship. I didn't see much point in getting caught up in a relationship with drama and heart ache if these things weren't first in place.

Some might say this is Fi speaking. Others might say this is not type related. I'm not really sure. I suppose this is just my Ne speaking from personal experience.
    I do think it's , is not responsible for mutuality in values.