Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 50

Thread: The Matrix

  1. #1
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The Matrix

    Yay, more movies!

    Neo - INTj
    Morpheus - ISFj
    Trinity - INTj
    Tank - ISFp
    Agent Smith - ISTj
    Mouse - ENTp


    There are others; feel free to add.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  2. #2
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I definitely agree, but what makes you think Morpheus is ISFj? And out of curiousity, what do you think Laurence Fishbourne is?

    Neo was definitely INTj, and actually I think Keanu Reeves has been typed ENFp on socionics.com - good acting I guess, although still using Ne.

    Oh and how about the Oracle? INFp or perhaps ENFj?

  3. #3
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Morpheus has his values that he follows under all circumstances (Fi), and refuses to consider other courses of action (Ne polr) that don't pertain to their goals and what they feel is worth putting energy into (Se), regardless of what may seem to be the most logical course of action (weak Ti).

    Lawrence Fishbourne...get back to me when I'm not high, lol.

    IMO, the Oracle is some kind of uber mystical Si/Ni/Fi being. lol.


    Oh, and the words "Keanu Reeves" and "good acting" should not be used in the same sentence, or even regarding the same subject . He was just somehow mysteriously perfect for the role of Neo. lol.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  4. #4
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87

    Lawrence Fishbourne...get back to me when I'm not high, lol.

    IMO, the Oracle is some kind of uber mystical Si/Ni/Fi being. lol.


    Oh, and the words "Keanu Reeves" and "good acting" should not be used in the same sentence, or even regarding the same subject . He was just somehow mysteriously perfect for the role of Neo. lol.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow... a thread about pop culture i actually know something about.

    however, i only saw the original and i havent seen it for five years so i dont remember a thing about it.

  6. #6
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why is it many of the movie threads have to be on life support? I don't understand it because I find them interesting. People are usually slow to respond if at all. The only movie thread I started that went up to 50 replies is the Forrest Gump thread which turned into a "who's offended by whom" flame thread

    Maybe it depends on the movie.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    neo seems more infj to me

    morpheus istj

    the architect seems entj (i think he is totally awesome)

    i could see mouse as an entp but something feels "off" about that

    what about the asian protector guy (of the oracle)? istp?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i agree that his manner of running the matrix seems very . He wants everything to fit perfectly into its little box the way it was programmed to do and so forth but he seems way too involved in his projecct. He is not detached and neutral towards his creation, he is vested in it. His reasoning seems to be but his manner does not. Perhaps entj is not correct either but he did not strike me as intj in character.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    funny, i see him as a sort of paragon. i do not see his investiture as intj however. there is no zeal, only a sort of hollow backbiting against everything else that has failed. investiture seems to be more like agent smith's rant about humans being a plague. a stuffy sit back in a chair and complain about the barbarity of others while harumphing thing sort of deal reminds me of a sort of british aristocratic sort of deal. perhaps i should just fix my associations however. i wish others would give input into the matter.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve6
    Why is it many of the movie threads have to be on life support? I don't understand it because I find them interesting. People are usually slow to respond if at all. The only movie thread I started that went up to 50 replies is the Forrest Gump thread which turned into a "who's offended by whom" flame thread

    Maybe it depends on the movie.
    because there are too many bogans posting here
    lol

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    most people here never watch too complicated movies like The Flintstones 2
    http://forum.socionix.com

    I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

    EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    i agree that his manner of running the matrix seems very . He wants everything to fit perfectly into its little box the way it was programmed to do and so forth but he seems way too involved in his projecct. He is not detached and neutral towards his creation, he is vested in it. His reasoning seems to be but his manner does not. Perhaps entj is not correct either but he did not strike me as intj in character.
    I think The Architect is a good example of what happens when "INTjs go bad." That is, when they get TOO vested in their own creations, and especially if they have some kind of omnipotent control to enact and maintain the system(s) they create.
    i think you are both right. the intj/entj thing is an example of grey areas that arise often when typing characters. alignment between types/characters and plots is difficult (you are trying to reconcile the system of socionics with a fictional character and its adherence to a plot, another system that may not follow any rules or patterns), except in character studies which the matrix certainly is not. i think he could not be anything else but intj, though. his entj zeal/investure in his system is what throws it off but.. i need to watch the scenes with him again.
    lol

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    istps aren't emotionally calm in the face of adversement. they're overly intense, which surprises everyone around them when the outburst takes place. asian dude is isfj maybe?
    lol

  14. #14
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Captain Mifune - ESTj ftw
    Commander Locke - ISTj
    Asian Protector Dude aka Seraph - ISFp
    Switch - ISTp
    Link - ENFp
    Niobe - ENTj
    Merovingian - ESFp? Seems Gamma.
    Persephone - DAMn
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  15. #15
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is it possible that the Architect is an ENTp who has been cut off in isolation?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indigoroom
    most people here never watch too complicated movies like The Flintstones 2
    ?????????????????

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Merovingian - ESFp? Seems Gamma.
    Persephone - DAMn
    these were actually two of my favorite characters. merovingian i am sort of torn on so i will not state my inkling until it is fleshed out further but Persephone seemed solidly xsfj

    of course youtube is now our supreme overlord and you can thank it for these scenes which will let you decide for yourselves

    scene 1

    scene 2

  18. #18
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Merovingian - ESFp? Seems Gamma.
    Persephone - DAMn
    these were actually two of my favorite characters. merovingian i am sort of torn on so i will not state my inkling until it is fleshed out further but Persephone seemed solidly xsfj

    of course youtube is now our supreme overlord and you can thank it for these scenes which will let you decide for yourselves

    scene 1

    scene 2

    ESFP

    ISTJ
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  19. #19
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You know, I considered ISFj for Persephone just as a gut instinct, but somehow it didnt make sense when I thought about it. But the Merovingian is definitely ESFp, IMO.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  20. #20
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pedro who is your avatar?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why ask questions you know the answer to?

  22. #22
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    why ask questions you know the answer to?
    Is it the architect or something?

    I really don't know who it is.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh. i figured that since you posted the question here you knew that it was indeed the architect.

  24. #24
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    oh. i figured that since you posted the question here you knew that it was indeed the architect.
    I was always sure that the architect was INTJ, even when I didn't know socionics, just from MBTI.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i could see that. i consider him to be a Tj dominant type (which is why i was unsure of e/i ntj)

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the reason my first instinct was not esfp was because of his rant about cause and effect to Neo in the orgasm dessert scene. i can see why esfp was suggested however (especially upon revisiting the scenes) and i am still formulating my thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I was always sure that the architect was INTJ, even when I didn't know socionics, just from MBTI.
    then why did you not recognize him in the photo? or is this some sort of pun with intps being "the architect" in mbti?

  27. #27
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    the reason my first instinct was not esfp was because of his rant about cause and effect to Neo in the orgasm dessert scene. i can see why esfp was suggested however (especially upon revisiting the scenes) and i am still formulating my thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I was always sure that the architect was INTJ, even when I didn't know socionics, just from MBTI.
    then why did you not recognize him in the photo? or is this some sort of pun with intps being "the architect" in mbti?
    For some reason I had an image in my mind that he was a lot older than the picture you have.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    When people see him, they see the flamboyance and the , making them inclined to think ESFp - when it's actually somewhat stereotypical ENTj behavior.
    originally i was actually torn between the exfjs

  29. #29
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    When people see him, they see the flamboyance and the , making them inclined to think ESFp - when it's actually somewhat stereotypical ENTj behavior.
    originally i was actually torn between the exfjs
    The actor is ESFP by the way. But ESFP seems pretty good to me, ENTJ are not as sexually open as you might think.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  30. #30
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    ENTJ are not as sexually open as you might think.
    You don't know any ENTjs then, haha.
    perhaps in youth they are
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    some of his rants some rather un-esfp to me such as

    You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
    What is the reason? Soon the why and the reason are gone and all that matters is the feeling. This is the nature of the universe. We struggle against it, we fight to deny it; but it is of course a lie. Beneath our poised appearance we are completely out of control.
    Merovingian: Choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without.
    the merovingian is not entj. his whole point in life is to aquire/savor intense/extreme personal experience

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you've been on a rather "not type related" binge lately. you are trying to correct a discrepancy but have created new ones. you know i do not take this seriously. a grain of salt...

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i see. enfj would have that plus the ah obsession with feelings. i am unsure if some of what he is expressing is Fe or Se but there is a lot of Ti quadra value type stuff in there which is why i was leaning towards exfj. i would say enfj but for his "sensuality" which seems much more indicative of an S type. plus the actor is probably esfp so i am rather thrown off altogether.

  34. #34
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Upon further consideration, I would make the Merovingian an ENFj. He doesn't have that monetary fixation that is more like ENTj's HA, but instead seems more content with flaunting his "wealth" (The Merovingian doesn't really have money; he justs uses renegade programs to create whatever he needs) and showing off his power and status in the world of underground programs. He has the huge restaurant and he sits right in the middle of it at the biggest table. He has a club where he sits up on a dias above everyone else.

    In addition, I think the shpiel about causality makes it clear that he's from Beta, the only quadra that values Ni and Ti, which both seem inherent in the concept of causality.

    He also seems far too...deliberately articulate to be a type that doesn't value ; in fact, it would make sense as his program function.

    Any objections?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  35. #35
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  36. #36
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    ENTJ are not as sexually open as you might think.
    You don't know any ENTjs then, haha.
    Actually Dio, I've got to agree with Ashton.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  37. #37
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,935
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    ...
    ...

  38. #38
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Failure to wipe lipstick off his cock after cheating on his cyborg bitch - PoLR anyone?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  39. #39
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cogsci
    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    ...
    ...
    *cough cough
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  40. #40
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Upon further consideration, I would make the Merovingian an ENFj. He doesn't have that monetary fixation that is more like ENTj's HA, but instead seems more content with flaunting his "wealth" (The Merovingian doesn't really have money; he justs uses renegade programs to create whatever he needs) and showing off his power and status in the world of underground programs. He has the huge restaurant and he sits right in the middle of it at the biggest table. He has a club where he sits up on a dias above everyone else.
    You are oversimplifying the ENTj HA. The HA of the ENTj is much more than just "to be rich."
    See Expat's comments about the ENTj HA in my thread on functions and duality.


    Wrong. Ti has little to do with casuality. It is about structure, modeling, and logical ordering. It is static, not dynamic. Causality is the realm of Te - the direct observation of and elucidation of real consequences in the real world. Determining action <-> reaction pairs. Following trends. Monitoring results. Finding the causal agents which evoke them.
    Being static is precisely WHY is cause and effect. It sees things as specific instances or frames, not a fluid set of events. Thus, we can label the two "instances" we see in a causal relationship - the cause, and the effect; nothing in between.

    That doesn't have shit to do with Gilly. I guess all the super-articulate INTps on here must value :\
    Naturally being articulate is different from putting energy into it. Putting energy into articulation and choosing words and intonation carefully in order to generate a specific emotional response is .

    As for your other points, well, they all have to do with what I just explained about , and I'm not going to challenge the creative because, well, quite frankly, I agree
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •