Thread: Relations with "depth"

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Relations with "depth"

Just curious what ITR give you the most satisfaction in terms of connection and "depth".
    Last edited by Iwantpeace; 09-06-2020 at 03:17 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It totally depends what are you referring with "depth".

In my case, deep communication would be being able to communicate freely with my 4 first functions.

In that sense, "Depth" for me is when I can have understanding, freedom (no need to restrain myself) and having a good (valuable/interesting) feedback.

That said, better communication, meaning Depth/Understanding/Interest would be:

1. Semi-Duality (ILE)
    2. Benefactor (LII)
    3. Super-Ego (IEI)

Now, talking about finding fulfillment and communication on different a level (not intellectual), that make me feel energized and realized (something really important to me) would be: Dual (IEE).

These are good relations with certain level of understanding (not necessarily "depth", but that provide or are significant, specifically on tangible ways, like support):

-Supervisor (ESE)
    -Supervisee (LIE)
    -Activity (EII)
    -Mirror (LSE)

With identical and quasi identical, its not what I'd call "superficial", I'd say that we can provide to each other "hacks" but doesn't tend to go into what I'd consider "depth".

This more or less. The rest I really don't know if necessarily would fit into "superficial", but I'd say, not really meaningful or even no communication at all.
    Last edited by Hope; 09-03-2017 at 02:07 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mirror and identical have the best "depth" for me, especially mirror since we share "life perspective" but from an inverse pov
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pick in Superficial
    Benefit
    Conflict
    Super-ego

Depth
    Dual
    Maybe
    extinguishment
    Semi-dual?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Depth is incredibly overrated. Shallowness gets a bad reputation but I don't want to be so deep that I feel like I am drowning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y

Be a river. Not a lake.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i feel like understanding your concrete asymetric relations in a genuinely positive and constructive light constitute the deepest revelations which in turn constitutes "depth" in an introverted sense. in an extroverted sense probably whoever has the easiest communication (likely identical), because you can go far via language and mutual understanding--thus a teacher who was more advanced and identical would feel very deep. but so would be relations with a conflictor, especially at that moment where you realize and epiphany about the nature of distinct "otherness." on the other hand, those same asymetric relations tend to go easier at greater distance so there's a lot of "shallowness" in an extroverted sense

in true paradoxical form, you can have meaningful "deep" shallowness in asymmetric relations and meaningful "shallow" depth in identical relations

most people put shallow depth (identical) on top of the hierarchy because its most comfy, but there's a case to be made for deep shallowness (e1 things)

duality perhaps represent the ideal synthesis

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Depth has more to do with intellect than type. However, the dynamic of conversation is affected greatly by intertype relations. There seems to be a greater chance for agreement when pairs share similar input perspectives - either N or S. Some of my most memorable exchanges have been with superego types even though, frequently, there was no agreement.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me the best relations for depth are Mirror and Identity relations; Shit is mindfucking

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quasi is the exact opposite of superficial relations with me. That would be more like extinguishment.

Quasi is rough as hell, but on a deeper level helpful and meaningful.

But to the question, identity by a mile.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quoting myself from another thread, because there's no point in repeating myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    (...)

Your Dual values the same IEs as you, as well as has the complementary Cognitive style. Understanding and being able to reach emotional or mental intimacy seem to be mostly related to Cognition style and valued IEs (besides non-Socionics aspects). So technically, the relations with the highest potential of deeper intimacy will be:
    Duality, Identity, (Activity), (Mirror), (Benefit), (Supervision).

I put the latter two relations in brackets because their asymmetry and in the case of Supervision the PoLR hits will create some amount of distance, but technically those relations can arrive at deeper intimacy and connectivity because of Cognitive styles and half of the valued IEs matching up. Activity and Mirror are also in brackets because while they share the same IE values they have incompatible Cognitive styles. Super-Ego and Extinguishment have some of that kind of connectivity too because of the CS match, but the opposite IE values will create a gap that is too big for both people to ever reach "true intimacy", their understanding or intimacy will usually be surface-based. Or you both understand where the other is coming from, but cannot personally relate to them and their experience at all (because of the opposite IE values).

P.S: I'd like to add that Mirror is a tricky one, being both of the same Quadra but also having the Cognitive style of your Conflictor. The understanding of the Mirror will be on-off. That "trickiness" applies to the other types with that Cognitive style, too (aka Look-alike and Kindred).
    The relations with the lowest potential of deeper intimacy would be:
    Conflict, Quasi-Identity, (Super-Ego), (Extinguishment), (Kindred), (Look-alike)

The remaining relations, Mirage and Semi-Duality, are somewhere in-between, with a "medium" potential of deeper intimacy.

From deepest to shallowest relation, in terms of emotional intimacy and mutual understanding etc.:

1. Duality
    2. Identity
    3. Activity
    4. Mirror
    5. Benefit
    6. Supervision
    7. Mirage, Semi-Duality
    8. Look-alike, Kindred
    9. Extinguishment
    10. Super-Ego
    11. Quasi-Identity
    12. Conflict
    Last edited by Olimpia; 07-08-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ip people generally.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The relationships in which I experienced the most feelings of being really understood to my core were lopsided and they didn't get the same from me, so idk. What they had in common was Ni base, sx in stacking, and very high intelligence and cognitive empathy. It seems to me that this combination of traits is conducive towards providing a feeling of depth in interaction with most people generally.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel it the most with my dual, followed by some IEIs. In conflict, sometimes we say things that make us go "aha" or amuse each other, but we're unable to go deep at all. I have talked to ILIs and IEIs for hours before. Activity brings some good things too but it doesn't go as deep, it's based around activities or more external things like - music, clothes people wear, etc. and it feels more energizing. When I talk to my dual I feel more relaxed and comfortable and able to talk about things that I don't talk about with people in my everyday life.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Quasi is the exact opposite of superficial relations with me. That would be more like extinguishment.

Quasi is rough as hell, but on a deeper level helpful and meaningful.

But to the question, identity by a mile.
    yes I often think about this. one's dimensionality is presumably set--you might call it the "real limitations" (or parameters) of the self (the subject-as-object)... but you can take those contents of the unconscious, the dimensions of the self (and its as yet unknown potential), and raise them to the level of consciousness very effectively through dealing with one's quasi. its rough, but its everything you can use and nothing you can't (strictly speaking). i think quasi is the best relation for self development in an introverted sense, whereas duality is the best in an extroverted (i.e. maximizing the conscious development of the self's real potential vs developing as a dyad in relation to efficacy "in the world"). could think of quasi relations as being great for developing "self-efficacy"