View Poll Results: What is Peter's type?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • other

    10 58.82%
  • gamma introvert

    2 11.76%
  • intp

    4 23.53%
  • isfj

    1 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 76

Thread: What is Peter's type?

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What is Peter's type?

    It's been a little while since the last poll, and that one came back about 50/50... and that was before even *he* thought he was ISFj. Let's see where we're at now...

  2. #2
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can't see how anyone here could possibly just agree that he is most likely ISFj. All we have to go on is your word; he doesn't post enough here any more to get a legitimate grip on his type, and what he DOES post is, uhhhh, not very indicative of him being ESI
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  3. #3
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is true that most people have no clue who he is, but there *are* people that he's had a lot of conversations with. Even if you totally discard my descriptions of what he's like irl, there are those people who have talked to him enough to have their own opions, like diana forn example who's had conversations with him about her life and said that she thinks he's most likely Fi dominant. There are others who have had real conversations with him as well. You sort of have George, but I think you two argue more than anything.

    As always, this poll isn't to decide his type... it's because I'm curious about how many people will vote ISF (while I don't really care about how many people think he's no, unless of course they offer intelligent conversation on the matter).
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  4. #4
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm interestd in what Diana has to say, if she'll say it here.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  5. #5
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not likely, but perhaps. You have to be a rather confrontational person to post anthing that people may disagree with around here these days. A lot of people send me PMs with their ideas (diana actually ends up posting more of these ideas than a lot of people around here do), but most of them never end up on the boards. It's a shame that so many people are unwilling to share their thoughts because of a few trolls who rarely offer anything of value.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  6. #6
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    His interactions with Kim have seemed pretty devoid of Fi.

    But who knows. I'm still basically a newbie.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you cannot use his interactions with one person (his supervisor at that) to decide his type.

    You're brother is ISFj, right? Have you ever seen how your brother behaves around someone he hates? Does he ever do things that *you* think are a bit over the top or "devoid of Fi" when he's been hurt by someone or otherwise has a problem with that person?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've seen my brother be very cold and formal with people he dislikes. I've seen him purse his lips and shake his head and look down at the ground when they speak. I've never seen him attack anyone.

    And he was an army drill sergeant so he has is capable of being mean when he thinks it's for a 'greater good' (ie military training). But I can't imagine him every intentionally hurting someone's feelings during a disagreement.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  9. #9
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But it seems kind of dangerous to compare them and try to figure out a type based on that anyway.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  10. #10
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    And he was an army drill sergeant so he has is capable of being mean when he thinks it's for a 'greater good' (ie military training). But I can't imagine him every intentionally hurting someone's feelings during a disagreement.
    I've seen ISFjs intentionally hurting someone's feelings for a supposed, self-defined "greater good", but not for fun.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  11. #11
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes, "self-defined" is key... if an ISFj thinks someone is being too sensitive, for example, he may purposely upset that for a supposed, self-defined "greater good"
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  12. #12
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,624
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    yes, "self-defined" is key... if an ISFj thinks someone is being too sensitive, for example, he may purposely upset that for a supposed, self-defined "greater good"
    Not really. That's too much of an extension of "greater good", which would basically place every action under it.

    The thresold of acceptable sensitvness, for example, is purely subjective. Therefore I could say that I'm always mean with the objective of making people harder, but how do you reconclie that with feeling preference?:S
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  13. #13
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  14. #14
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  15. #15
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    :wink: the Fi fits

    In all honesty, I can see why a lot of people are skeptical based on his behavior here. I can also see arguements for INTp for him, but I still think that ISFj fits much better.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  16. #16
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well as before I still think ISFj, ISTj or INTp. I can't make up my mind. If you are duals then Joy is ENTj, ENFj or ESFp. Well. That's all I have to say

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The duality aspect of it isn't as important as other things... non-duals can have excellent relationships if other aspects their personalities and lifestyles are compatible. The only choices I see as possible for Peter are ISFj or INTp. For me, ENTj, ESFp, or INTp. There's a TEENSY chance I could be ISTp, but if so, I'm way more fucked up than we thought. When taking into account my past and my strengths and weaknesses, ENTj makes the most sense. Peter's strengths and weaknesses are quite consistant with ISFj, but INTp isn't an absurd idea. His past points toward introversion for sure, and it suggests Fi.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm. My mum is an ISFj and i couldn't see her as a drill sargent at all. Maybe thats the different subtype? I dont know them at all. My mum is quite a mild mannered woman who doesn't really stand up for herself in person. I could never see her attack anyone. She is very outspoken in politics etc but she does that over the phone and via letters etc.

    Unless i have her typed her wrong

    I voted for him not being ISFj
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

  19. #19
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    I put most likely, but I'm always open...cuz...well technically it doesn't matter but its still fun to try and figure out. Maybe I'm just easily convinced of things?

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    M-H λ
    Posts
    2,609
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    peterrific

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NiFe
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    =)

  22. #22
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That doesn't sound at all like Peter... the Stratiyevskaya ISFj description does. If Peter is not ISFj, he's INTp, NOT ENTp.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  23. #23
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    btw, the ISFj description and functinal analysis fits better than INTp with one exception: Fe... which really the only reason INTp is even in question.

    Funny... Fe is my least favorite function, too. It's also funny that when you look at the most apparent dichotomies in both Peter and myself, I am a Gamma extrovert and he is a Gamma introvert.

    I think it's worth mentioning that Peter gets along better with his ESFj mom than his ENTp brother, but intertype relations are easily blurred in families.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  24. #24
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Hmm. My mum is an ISFj and i couldn't see her as a drill sargent at all. Maybe thats the different subtype? I dont know them at all. My mum is quite a mild mannered woman who doesn't really stand up for herself in person. I could never see her attack anyone. She is very outspoken in politics etc but she does that over the phone and via letters etc.

    Unless i have her typed her wrong
    As far as the above goes, she doesn't sound ISFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  25. #25
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's exactly what I was thinking. To me the sounded almost logical, but I can't explain why.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  26. #26
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    though upon reading it, Fe could make sense too... obviously, there's not enough information there to really say... so nm
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  27. #27
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy

    I think it's worth mentioning that Peter gets along better with his ESFj mom than his ENTp brother

    true...but Ben is a horrible aggitator...and his mom frustrated him to no end a lot of the time, although i could see how he still loved her even though he was close to screaming at her

    ben isn't just an entp....there's something weird there...because...well we don't seem to get along very well, in the sense that he could care less about my existence. at least thats how it seems to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    but intertype relations are easily blurred in families.
    exactly

  28. #28
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Hmm. My mum is an ISFj and i couldn't see her as a drill sargent at all. Maybe thats the different subtype? I dont know them at all. My mum is quite a mild mannered woman who doesn't really stand up for herself in person. I could never see her attack anyone. She is very outspoken in politics etc but she does that over the phone and via letters etc.

    Unless i have her typed her wrong
    As far as the above goes, she doesn't sound ISFj.
    Really? Hmm i suppose i never really though about it. Didn't realise my mum had in her ego block. WTF lol

    My mum says that when she was younger she didn't stick up for herself but she does more now. Maybe its just i never see her do it. She told me a story about a week ago where she pulled into a car park and this guy beeped her really loudly so she flipped him off. Then he got out of the car and was standing by her driver side window so she kept looking straight ahead until he left and went away.

    Lol this story actually infuriated me it made me want to get out of the car and roll the guy then and there. When i actually think about it though, she is a 60 year old small woman flipping off a guy so thats actually pretty brave. Maybe i was just supervising her.

    Holy shit. Yeah im just totally wrong. When i think about how she doesn't take shit from my ISTj dad yeah she does stand up for herself
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

  29. #29
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe she's ESFj sensory subtype?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  30. #30
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    that sounds more IxFp than ISFj... if even ethical at all. She could be a logical type that's just not very good at dealing with confrontation, such as INTj.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  31. #31
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eh, there's usually a better reason for someone to suspect rational/irrational, even with limited knowledge of socionics, than there is for them to accurately distinguish introvert/extrovert in the Jungian/Socionics sense. But it could go either way.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  32. #32
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    things like that are easily blurred in families though

    And what he's describing sounded IXFp to me, but there really isn't enough information to go on. If she's an Ixxj type, it would have to be INxj. I can't think of any Exxj types that are non-confrontational in the manner he's described.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  33. #33
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,624
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    that sounds more IxFp than ISFj... if even ethical at all. She could be a logical type that's just not very good at dealing with confrontation, such as INTj.
    She's a typical ISFj Fi subtype. My mother is exactly like that.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  34. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I'm probably INTp. Peoples' view of me as being aggressive and challenging are based on my pissy moods on the forum. I typically only post when I'm in a bad mood. Dunno why. I get in bad moods a lot, probably because I have ADHD (as in, actually have it. Not pretend, like for most people. I'm on adderal right now, which is why I have the energy to write.). I think my is too strong to be ISFj, and I think I am too nonchalant about moral issues (unless debating them). Ashton reminds me too much of myself, but with less introspection and much more energy.

    If you took away any shred of optimism I have, and gave me a medical education, I'd pretty much be the spitting image of Dr House. (not to imply that I share his intelligence) But the similarities between the way he and I think are striking. It is worth noting that I think he is very unhealthy.

    One problem in determining my type has been the fact that I have generalized anxiety disorder. The gist of it is that you feel anxious about any social situation (or even a non-social situation involving people) for no reason at all. Joy thinks this is because I lack the foresight to see how things will actually play out. This is a good point, but I do not see this as being true. I think I am usually aware that things won't turn out so bad, but the feeling is so strong that it creates its own reasons to worry. If you feel scared for no reason, you'll start to imagine things to be scared of. One morning, I was unable to drive to college for no reason. I couldn't think of a single thing to be scared of, but the feeling persisted, and I began to rationalize it, making up reasons to myself over why I shouldn't go. That's why people with anxiety problems frequently feel ashamed of themselves (I have this problem sometimes).

    A point needs to made regarding as well. I believe it is one of my unconscious functions. In most social environments, I take a pragmatic stance. That is, instead of wasting energy trying to read the of a situation, I take a compensatory or approach. Instead of speaking the language among a group of friends, I stoically operate as a hyper-objective critic. Among females, I use to "charm" them. Types that emply seem to see through both tactics, and either call me boring or an asshole. The usage of these two functions allows me to ignore a lot of the underlying emotional dynamics at play in a situation. Types with strong see this as a form of narcissism (as I only take into account the logical applications of my actions, and employ logic as morality) and are often hugely offended by this. None of this is to say that I am incapable of acting within the standards of values, it is just not something I prefer doing. I CAN ask someone if it's okay for me to, say, tell an offensive joke, but it's easier for me to rationalize something along the lines of "getting offended is a sign of weakness in your own worldview. If you're confident that you're morality is justified, you won't feel threatened by my words." Of course, this is unreasonable, as no one has an infallible emotional constitution, but it's *easier* for me to think this way. When someone brings up the point that how I sometimes act is unfavorable, my response is usually bewilderment. I know they're "right," so to speak, but I don't really care. I feel righteous in doing what is *logical* as opposed to doing what doesn't make people feel hurt. When I feel like an Fi issue is encroaching on my lifestyle, it is stressful, because it feels like I am being asked to behave in a manner that is not true to who I am. I feel like my feelings are not really anyone's business, and someone telling me how to feel and act is out of line.

    In the case of my , I can tell you that I predict peoples' behavior without realizing it. The same with telling what a person is thinking, or knowing what a person is about to say. I'd rather not say anymore, as it feels too personal. But I will say is definitely not a weak function of mine, by any measure.

    The hidden agenda seems like a compelling indicator of my type, although typing by hidden agenda alone leads to ridiculous results. Nevertheless, one of the hardest things for me to do is feel affection. When our puppy died, I had trouble dealing with it, because I had bottled away all the feelings I had for her up until the moment she died, and the experience was traumatic (humorously so). I shun affection, because emotional extremes are a torturous experience, and affection can easily spiral out of control. I think one of my most sincere desires is to feel safe openly expressing pure affection, and not have rub against the rest of my ego and cause so much pain.

    I'll stop there, I guess.

  35. #35
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you are serious here then

  36. #36
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I think I'm probably INTp. Peoples' view of me as being aggressive and challenging are based on my pissy moods on the forum. I typically only post when I'm in a bad mood. Dunno why. I get in bad moods a lot, probably because I have ADHD (as in, actually have it. Not pretend, like for most people. I'm on adderal right now, which is why I have the energy to write.). I think my is too strong to be ISFj, and I think I am too nonchalant about moral issues (unless debating them). Ashton reminds me too much of myself, but with less introspection and much more energy.

    If you took away any shred of optimism I have, and gave me a medical education, I'd pretty much be the spitting image of Dr House. (not to imply that I share his intelligence) But the similarities between the way he and I think are striking. It is worth noting that I think he is very unhealthy.

    One problem in determining my type has been the fact that I have gerneralized anxiety disorder. The gist of it is that you feel anxious about any social situation (or even a non-social situation involving people) for no reason at all. Joy thinks this is because I lack to foresight to see how things will actually play out. This is a good point, but I do not see this as being true. I think I am usually aware that things won't turn out so bad, but the feeling is so strong that it creates its own reasons to worry. If you feel scared for no reason, you'll start to imagine things to be scared of. One morning, I was unable to drive to college for no reason. I couldn't think of a single thing to be scared of, but the feeling persisted, and I began to rationalize it, making up reasons to myself over why I shouldn't go. That's why people with anxiety problems frequently feel ashamed of themselves (I have this problem sometimes).

    A point needs to made regarding as well. I believe it is one of my unconscious functions. In most social environments, I take a pragmatic stance. That is, instead of wasting energy trying to read the of a situation, I take a compensatory or approach. Instead of speaking the language among a group of friends, I stoically operate as a hyper-objective critic. Among females, I use to "charm" them. Types that emply seem to see through both tactics, and either call me boring or an asshole. The usage of these two functions allows me to ignore a lot of the underlying emotional dynamics at play in a situation. Types with strong see this as a form of narcissism (as I only take into account the logical applications of my actions, and employ logic as morality) and are often hugely offended by this. None of this is to say that I am incapable of acting within the standards of values, it is just not something I prefer doing. I CAN ask someone if it's okay for me to, say, tell an offensive joke, but it's easier for me to rationalize something along the lines of "getting offended is a sign of weakness in your own worldview. If you're confident that you're morality is justified, you won't feel threatened by my words." Of course, this is unreasonable, as no one has an infallible emotional constitution, but it's *easier* for me to think this way. When someone brings up the point that how I sometimes act is unfavorable, my response is usually bewilderment. I know they're "right," so to speak, but I don't really care. I feel righteous in doing what is *logical* as opposed to doing what doesn't make people feel hurt. When I feel like an Fi issue is encroaching on my lifestyle, it is stressful, because it feels like I am being asked to behave in a manner that is not true to who I am. I feel like my feelings are not really anyone's business, and someone telling me how to feel and act is out of line.

    In the case of my , I can tell you that I predict peoples' behavior without realizing it. The same with telling what a person is thinking, or knowing what a person is about to say. I'd rather not say anymore, as it feels too personal. But I will say is definitely not a weak function of mine, by any measure.

    The hidden agenda seems like a compelling indicator of my type, although typing by hidden agenda alone leads to ridiculous results. Nevertheless, one of the hardest things for me to do is feel affection. When our puppy died, I had trouble dealing with it, because I had bottled away all the feelings I had for her up until the moment she died, and the experience was traumatic (humorously so). I shun affection, because emotional extremes are a torturous experience, and affection can easily spiral out of control. I think one of my most sincere desires is to feel safe openly expressing pure affection, and not have rub against the rest of my ego and cause so much pain.

    I'll stop there, I guess.

    <3







    I think I have a similar anxiety problem to that.

  37. #37
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    p.s.


    ugh, laugh

  38. #38
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To be perfectly honest, I love it when you actually take the time to write a thoughtful, unconfrontational (or at least not deliberately confrontational ) and insightful post. You really should do it more often.

    Here's my two cents (I don't expect that you want or need it, as per usual, but I have no need of hoarding pennies ):

    I think the fact that you have GAD does have an impact on how people view you socially in terms of your aggression, as does ADHD. However, in spite of these factors, the abrasiveness of your social behavior does indicate the presence of or in your ego block.

    I'm unsure about what you say about . I would have to hear more about the dynamics of how that actually works in your head to determine whether or not I think it is , because IMO, predicting someone's emotional reaction to something is a characteristic of . Given what I think I know about your type (that being that you are probably an IxTx of some kind), I think it highly unlikely that you have in the ego block; your aptitude in this area may simply be a result of practice or some other factor, but I don't pretend to know exactly what it is. All I can say about it at this point is that it sounds as though it probably isn't Socionics related.

    It seems to me as though you are more avoidant of morals than ones. You may dislike it when you are called out for making a social misstep, but I would guess that you probably have no qualms with developing a set of morals or a certain kind of social code within the context of friendly relations. Think about Fe and Fi the way you think about Te and Ti: Fe, like Te, needs external affirmation (emotions/expressions, as opposed to facts) in order to judge what seems to be a kind of higher, objective "truth" (For Fe this is an objective social code, for Te its an objective logical truth). Fi, on the other hand, simply wants social rules to fit with its own social context, just as Ti wants to write logical rules that apply to its own structure. Fe (+ Ti) = A universal social code with personalized interpretations or practices, while Fi (+ Te) = A subjective social code with universal practice (within its own context). Fi is really, vilely misinterpreted throughout the Socionics community, I fear, as moralizing, Femnazi bullshit. Au contraire, I think the Man Show is a great example of Gamma Fi.

    ...Yeah, more later.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  39. #39
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    that sounds more IxFp than ISFj... if even ethical at all. She could be a logical type that's just not very good at dealing with confrontation, such as INTj.
    She's a typical ISFj Fi subtype. My mother is exactly like that.
    Exactly.. I wouldn't even waste time considering other possibilities. The description of ISFj fits my mother perfectly.

    Discojoe. I also had Generalised Anxiety Disorder for about 2 years. Its a painful condition and used to get in the way of my life all the time. There is an INTp manager at work who i can tell also has this condition. I can just see how his face turns momentarily to frightened then back to normal again as he regains control. He is very self consicious. There is another manager who could also be INTj or INTp(im not sure) who also seems to suffer from it somewhat.

    Just from the fact you mentioned this makes me think your INTp. I understand this condition well i read countless books spent countless hours trying to escape. So let me know if you need to know anything.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

  40. #40
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I think I'm probably INTp. Peoples' view of me as being aggressive and challenging are based on my pissy moods on the forum. I typically only post when I'm in a bad mood. Dunno why. I get in bad moods a lot, probably because I have ADHD (as in, actually have it. Not pretend, like for most people. I'm on adderal right now, which is why I have the energy to write.). I think my is too strong to be ISFj, and I think I am too nonchalant about moral issues (unless debating them). Ashton reminds me too much of myself, but with less introspection and much more energy.

    If you took away any shred of optimism I have, and gave me a medical education, I'd pretty much be the spitting image of Dr House. (not to imply that I share his intelligence) But the similarities between the way he and I think are striking. It is worth noting that I think he is very unhealthy.

    One problem in determining my type has been the fact that I have gerneralized anxiety disorder. The gist of it is that you feel anxious about any social situation (or even a non-social situation involving people) for no reason at all. Joy thinks this is because I lack to foresight to see how things will actually play out. This is a good point, but I do not see this as being true. I think I am usually aware that things won't turn out so bad, but the feeling is so strong that it creates its own reasons to worry. If you feel scared for no reason, you'll start to imagine things to be scared of. One morning, I was unable to drive to college for no reason. I couldn't think of a single thing to be scared of, but the feeling persisted, and I began to rationalize it, making up reasons to myself over why I shouldn't go. That's why people with anxiety problems frequently feel ashamed of themselves (I have this problem sometimes).

    A point needs to made regarding as well. I believe it is one of my unconscious functions. In most social environments, I take a pragmatic stance. That is, instead of wasting energy trying to read the of a situation, I take a compensatory or approach. Instead of speaking the language among a group of friends, I stoically operate as a hyper-objective critic. Among females, I use to "charm" them. Types that emply seem to see through both tactics, and either call me boring or an asshole. The usage of these two functions allows me to ignore a lot of the underlying emotional dynamics at play in a situation. Types with strong see this as a form of narcissism (as I only take into account the logical applications of my actions, and employ logic as morality) and are often hugely offended by this. None of this is to say that I am incapable of acting within the standards of values, it is just not something I prefer doing. I CAN ask someone if it's okay for me to, say, tell an offensive joke, but it's easier for me to rationalize something along the lines of "getting offended is a sign of weakness in your own worldview. If you're confident that you're morality is justified, you won't feel threatened by my words." Of course, this is unreasonable, as no one has an infallible emotional constitution, but it's *easier* for me to think this way. When someone brings up the point that how I sometimes act is unfavorable, my response is usually bewilderment. I know they're "right," so to speak, but I don't really care. I feel righteous in doing what is *logical* as opposed to doing what doesn't make people feel hurt. When I feel like an Fi issue is encroaching on my lifestyle, it is stressful, because it feels like I am being asked to behave in a manner that is not true to who I am. I feel like my feelings are not really anyone's business, and someone telling me how to feel and act is out of line.

    In the case of my , I can tell you that I predict peoples' behavior without realizing it. The same with telling what a person is thinking, or knowing what a person is about to say. I'd rather not say anymore, as it feels too personal. But I will say is definitely not a weak function of mine, by any measure.

    The hidden agenda seems like a compelling indicator of my type, although typing by hidden agenda alone leads to ridiculous results. Nevertheless, one of the hardest things for me to do is feel affection. When our puppy died, I had trouble dealing with it, because I had bottled away all the feelings I had for her up until the moment she died, and the experience was traumatic (humorously so). I shun affection, because emotional extremes are a torturous experience, and affection can easily spiral out of control. I think one of my most sincere desires is to feel safe openly expressing pure affection, and not have rub against the rest of my ego and cause so much pain.

    I'll stop there, I guess.
    I've been thinking about Fe lately and wondering if you are INTp. It's possible that you've been acting more like an ISFj around me because that's what I need, and because I appreciate Fi and Se, I they are more apparent to me than Ni and Te...

    (and yeah... I've got the same social anxiety problems these days too lol)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •