Thread: Fashion Sense and Fe

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fashion Sense and Fe

Maybe its the pleasing nature of Fe to want to look stylish?
    Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Iwantpeace; 09-07-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decisive types do tend to dress more stylishly and keep up with fashion trends, 'the now' being tied in with SeNi. I think that Se types have naturally better style than Ni types, but the Ni types care more (that SuperId yo) and seem to eat up fashion tips and rules. Judicious types just don't care as much about displaying high status through appearance.
    Definitely has nothing to do with Fe. I have noticed that Delta NFs tend to envy the appearance of Gamma SFs, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a symmetrical pattern for Alphas and Betas.
    Last edited by Nehtaro; 06-20-2017 at 03:44 AM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe sensing and ethics in general. Se & Fe just happen to be oriented outwards so it makes sense that they seem to be better at it than others, too. Beta NFs can dress really well as long as they've learned too, if not they can be kinda sloppy or try hard. Gamma SFs tend to do it best from what I've seen because they're present and have an eye and like to go bold over bland but I see them around way more often than Beta NFs so can't really say. I saw an EIE once who was dressed super classy and it was nice but way too much for the setting so that's one way Beta NF can do it wrong.

Alpha SFs tend to dress well, too, but usually more modest unless they have a 3 fix or sx. (My mom is ESE 2w3 and super stylish, occasionally she uses the 3 wing flair which makes it a little less modest) Some of them are tacky and outdated looking, usually the old mom and grandma ones who cling to that image of being that. Beta STs usually go for a "thug" look or dress simple but not bad.

edit: "sloppy" generally goes with IEI more and "too much" with EIE, like Kurt Cobain was IEI and embraced dressing sloppy both for practicality (he was poor before fame) and for the image
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Lessons View Post
    I believe sensing and ethics in general. Se & Fe just happen to be oriented outwards so it makes sense that they seem to be better at it than others, too. Beta NFs can dress really well as long as they've learned too, if not they can be kinda sloppy or try hard. Gamma SFs tend to do it best from what I've seen because they're present and have an eye and like to go bold over bland but I see them around way more often than Beta NFs so can't really say. I saw an EIE once who was dressed super classy and it was nice but way too much for the setting so that's one way Beta NF can do it wrong.

Alpha SFs tend to dress well, too, but usually more modest unless they have a 3 fix or sx. (My mom is ESE 2w3 and super stylish, occasionally she uses the 3 wing flair which makes it a little less modest) Some of them are tacky and outdated looking, usually the old mom and grandma ones who cling to that image of being that. Beta STs usually go for a "thug" look or dress simple but not bad.

edit: "sloppy" generally goes with IEI more and "too much" with EIE, like Kurt Cobain was IEI and embraced dressing sloppy both for practicality (he was poor before fame) and for the image
    Some Beta NF's (2w3, e3 and 4w3's ones) care a lot about clothes, can be dressed to the nines and have cool personal style, but from what I've observed, there's often something slightly awkward about it. Either something doesn't fit, some detail is weird or sloppy or (most often) they come off as slightly clumsy. Sensors (the stronger the Se the better) just have more spatial body confidence and have less awkwards movements. Intuitives that care about presentation try to mask this, but it comes through in most of them if you really observe them.

Considering the fashion, I would say it's much more tied to the enneagram - LSE's can be very stylish and fashion - conscious as well for example.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think S types are just better at this overall

Sensors (the stronger the Se the better) just have more spatial body confidence and have less awkwards movements
    Mmhmh, I have many S friends who are worse than me at sports (I mean sports like soccer where coordination matters)...but I am more clumsy in my daily life, true.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I think S types are just better at this overall

Mmhmh, I have many S friends who are worse than me at sports (I mean sports like soccer where coordination matters)...but I am more clumsy in my daily life, true.
    Sure, some N's can be good at such sports (ENxx usually) and some sensors usually bad (SEI's come to mind lol).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Sure, some N's can be good at such sports (ENxx usually) and some sensors usually bad (SEI's come to mind lol).
    Makes complete sense to me; Tracking the ball and other players should be TE

"Extroverted logic deals with the external activity of objects, i.e the how, what and where of events, activity or work, behaviour, algorithms, movement, and actions"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neproblems View Post

"Extroverted logic deals with the external activity of objects, i.e the how, what and where of events, activity or work, behaviour, algorithms, movement, and actions"
    Well... I don't think it's always that simple - I have a LSE friend who can't catch a ball to save her life - it's been a running joke she's ball retarted : ) Sports is a little bit complicated: Ime Se egos, SLI's, LSE's and some ENxx's are usually good at coordination group sports. INxx's and SEI's usually the worst and also not particularly interested in them. Large majority of pro players in all sports are sensors. But there is always a weird exception here and there on both sides.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk I have a IEE friend who almost made it to pro soccer player, I was pretty good, then many SLIs I know are lazy, then some SEE like food so they're not in shape and thus don't play as well as they could...

Intuition can be useful for sports like soccer basketball or american football, you can improvise some things that others can't easily expect. Of course you need a good technical basis, thank god I had a LSI-Se as trainer in soccer.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Well... I don't think it's always that simple - I have a LSE friend who can't catch a ball to save her life - it's been a running joke she's ball retarted : ) Sports is a little bit complicated: Ime Se egos, SLI's, LSE's and some ENxx's are usually good at coordination group sports. INxx's and SEI's usually the worst and also not particularly interested in them. Large majority of pro players in all sports are sensors. But there is always a weird exception here and there on both sides.
    It's an interesting one... In MBTI terms, I know that S types would always to related to sports, but when you look at the socionics descriptions, TE looks like the best fit for tracking balls/ players, as it tracks dynamic objects, whilst aparently SE is concerned with static information, which wouldnt be much use in ball sports, as the ball is usually moving.
    Though I don't even know why SE is so related to force either, so maybe the function descriptions aren't the best?...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Idk I have a IEE friend who almost made it to pro soccer player, I was pretty good, then many SLIs I know are lazy, then some SEE like food so they're not in shape and thus don't play as well as they could...

Intuition can be useful for sports like soccer basketball or american football, you can improvise some things that others can't easily expect. Of course you need a good technical basis, thank god I had a LSI-Se as trainer in soccer.
    I wasn't naturally great at football, but I liked it and improved quite a lot (HA?)

I think that NI might be very useful for football, if you are able to use it in 'real-time' to anticipate the future actions of other players. Or would that be related to a 4D function?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't naturally great at football, but I liked it and improved quite a lot (HA?)

I think that NI might be very useful for football, if you are able to use it in 'real-time' to anticipate the future actions of other players. Or would that be related to a 4D function?
    We're a bit off topic, but I personally think I use Ni that way. I'm quite good at free kicks and I do them in a "special" (?) way - usually if there's a creative guy in the team, he's the best at taking advantage of them, esp. corners...

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

HINT: Try to type coaches.

Mostly ESTxs and maybe some LSIs. ( I can't follow them with their situational power analysis)

Anyways to original topic mid quadra, I suppose.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneatype plays a lot into fashion, I think. Mostly 3s and Sx firsts of each type dress well.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe you just *like* the styles Fe-egos come up with better.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best dressed naturally are people with Extroverted sensing ego blocks and are sensors, so mainly Gamma SFs.
    Most ESEs look really good during occasions but other days seem to dress plain/ordinary. I don't know as many EIEs.
    Fe-ego block people tend to dress as is pertained to their gender, so they tend to be the most feminine and masculine in dressing.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For me the issue is more practical than this. I would like to be more fashionable, but I really don't have the income to do so. I can't afford those nice faggy clothes from the big cities with my income really so instead I look like a cheap K-mart whore.

Find me a really nice outfit I could buy for 30 bucks that doesn't make me look like a down syndrome walrus from Target and I'll change my mind.