psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default Spiritual Beliefs and Attitudes Survey

http://www.utpsyc.org/religion/

Feedback about Your Questionnaire Responses

Around the world, there is an amazing diversity of beliefs about religion and spirituality. Religion researchers often examine two different dimensions of religiosity. The first concerns people's basic personal spiritual beliefs, or spirituality. Those high in spirituality note that their personal beliefs are important in guiding their daily thoughts and behaviors.

In addition to spirituality, many scholars are interested in belief certainty. Those high in belief certainty tend to view their religious system as more true, more faithful, and better than others. Typically, belief certainty is linked to organized and oftentimes stricter religions.

How did you score on these two dimensions?

Spirituality
    The concept of spirituality is based on a more personal belief system. A person high in spirituality may or may not belong to an organized religious institution such as a church. Those highest in spirituality report that their thoughts and actions are guided by their personal beliefs. People low on this dimension view themselves as acting on their own -- without guidance from a spiritual source.

Your score on the Spirituality scale (which ranges from 0 to 35) is: 27. By most estimates, you are clearly a very spiritual person. You hold strong personal convictions that help to guide your daily life.

Belief Certainty
    Some people are absolutely certain of their world view; others aren't. People high on belief certainty are usually part of a group that shares similar beliefs. Across most religions, those highest in belief certainty are considered fundamentalists. Those low in belief certainty may be questioning their religion, the nature of God, or simply reject religion altogether.

Your score on the Belief Certainty dimension (which ranges from 0 to 77) is: 8. All things considered, you are LOW on this dimension. This could reflect one of two things. Some people who are low on Belief Certainty simply don't hold any strong religious beliefs one way or another. Others may be spiritual and or belong to a religious group but are open to alternative world views or religious perspectives. People low in Belief Certainty are more likely to be high in humanistic values.

The Big Picture
    Only in the last few years have psychological researchers begun to explore spirituality and religious beliefs in earnest. At a time in the world when religious fundamentalism is gaining greater acceptance within places like the Middle East, parts of Asia, and the United States, researchers are studying its appeal and popularity. When can spirituality and belief certainty promote health, well-being, and a sense of community? When can these same beliefs undermine health and promote discrimination and hatred of outgroups?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your score on the Spirituality scale (which ranges from 0 to 35) is: 1. Your score is lower than most people. People who score low on the Spiritual scale tend to be more open and detached in their world view. Many scientists, academics, and others who view themselves as worldly share your perspectives.

Your score on the Belief Certainty dimension (which ranges from 0 to 77) is: 25. Overall, you are fairly MODERATE on this dimension. There are some aspects of your religious or spiritual beliefs that you feel are right or true. However, you are probably able to accept or understand other perspectives.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Your score on the Spirituality scale (which ranges from 0 to 35) is: 7. Your score is lower than most people. People who score low on the Spiritual scale tend to be more open and detached in their world view. Many scientists, academics, and others who view themselves as worldly share your perspectives.
    Your score on the Belief Certainty dimension (which ranges from 0 to 77) is: 9. All things considered, you are LOW on this dimension. This could reflect one of two things. Some people who are low on Belief Certainty simply don't hold any strong religious beliefs one way or another. Others may be spiritual and or belong to a religious group but are open to alternative world views or religious perspectives. People low in Belief Certainty are more likely to be high in humanistic values.
    This test was a pain to take as an atheist.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Yeah, that's why I gave up.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Just replace the religious words with socionics terms and try again?

It didn't really describe my beliefs either though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Spirituality
    The concept of spirituality is based on a more personal belief system. A person high in spirituality may or may not belong to an organized religious institution such as a church. Those highest in spirituality report that their thoughts and actions are guided by their personal beliefs. People low on this dimension view themselves as acting on their own -- without guidance from a spiritual source.

Your score on the Spirituality scale (which ranges from 0 to 35) is: 26. Your score on the Spirituality dimension is within the average range. You clearly have spiritual beliefs that guide you in parts of your life. However, you appear to be open to looking at the world through non-spiritual eyes as well.
    Belief Certainty
    Some people are absolutely certain of their world view; others aren't. People high on belief certainty are usually part of a group that shares similar beliefs. Across most religions, those highest in belief certainty are considered fundamentalists. Those low in belief certainty may be questionning their religion, the nature of God, or simply reject religion altogether.

Your score on the Belief Certainty dimension (which ranges from 0 to 77) is: 10. All things considered, you are LOW on this dimension. This could reflect one of two things. Some people who are low on Belief Certainty simply don't hold any strong religious beliefs one way or another. Others may be spiritual and or belong to a religious group but are open to alternative world views or religious perspectives. People low in Belief Certainty are more likely to be high in humanistic values.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score on the Spirituality scale (which ranges from 0 to 35) is: 23. Your score on the Spirituality dimension is within the average range. You clearly have spiritual beliefs that guide you in parts of your life. However, you appear to be open to looking at the world through non-spiritual eyes as well.

Your score on the Belief Certainty dimension (which ranges from 0 to 77) is: 17. All things considered, you are LOW on this dimension. This could reflect one of two things. Some people who are low on Belief Certainty simply don't hold any strong religious beliefs one way or another. Others may be spiritual and or belong to a religious group but are open to alternative world views or religious perspectives. People low in Belief Certainty are more likely to be high in humanistic values.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Your score on the Spirituality scale (which ranges from 0 to 35) is: 0. Your score is lower than most people. People who score low on the Spiritual scale tend to be more open and detached in their world view. Many scientists, academics, and others who view themselves as worldly share your perspectives.
    Your score on the Belief Certainty dimension (which ranges from 0 to 77) is: 0. All things considered, you are LOW on this dimension. This could reflect one of two things. Some people who are low on Belief Certainty simply don't hold any strong religious beliefs one way or another. Others may be spiritual and or belong to a religious group but are open to alternative world views or religious perspectives. People low in Belief Certainty are more likely to be high in humanistic values.
    I was expecting some points based on how I answered questions 24 to 26, but evidently, the test places the emphasis on questions 1 to 23.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

In regards questions 24 to 26, I answered that I had read scripture etc. "1 to 3 times" in the last week, and that I had prayed once in that time. I frequently read scripture, as the devil often does. Praying is a very exceptionally rare occurrence. In this particular instance, something very grave had happened (not to me personally, thank god) which made me pray along the lines of "Why did you allow this to happen, you fuck?". To me, this was a very solemn act, but also a very irreverent act. Essentially, I was cursing at Fate and the deterministic universe: while at one level I know my thoughts alone will have no material effect on a situation, I can also feel that the will of myself and of the universe can be the same thing. I don't think that second point is actually logical, so I think in short, the feeling is similar to the Bargaining stage of Grief (I don't necessarily agree with that model).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your score on the Spirituality scale (which ranges from 0 to 35) is: 31. By most estimates, you are clearly a very spiritual person. You hold strong personal convictions that help to guide your daily life.

Your score on the Belief Certainty dimension (which ranges from 0 to 77) is: 64. You are HIGH on this dimension. You clearly believe that your religious world view is the right one. In many situations, having few doubts about your beliefs can be helpful. Many people high in Belief Certainty have very tight social networks made up of friends and family who share similar world views. Other times, belief certainty can get in the way of empathizing with others who are different or who don't share the same beliefs. Fundamentalists of all religions -- Islam, Judaism, Christianity -- score equally high in Belief Certainty.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your score on the Spirituality scale (which ranges from 0 to 35) is: 5. Your score is lower than most people. People who score low on the Spiritual scale tend to be more open and detached in their world view. Many scientists, academics, and others who view themselves as worldly share your perspectives.

Your score on the Belief Certainty dimension (which ranges from 0 to 77) is: 3. All things considered, you are LOW on this dimension. This could reflect one of two things. Some people who are low on Belief Certainty simply don't hold any strong religious beliefs one way or another. Others may be spiritual and or belong to a religious group but are open to alternative world views or religious perspectives. People low in Belief Certainty are more likely to be high in humanistic values.

I think each human has its own experience probably raised my score on spirituality. I don't see why one should convert others. Anyways if the consequences start to go towards harmless direction towards outsiders or for children then is a separate issue.
    Also in truth aspects it is better not to take strong stance leading to absolute dismissive place (you may find something behind it).

You may also optimize people in terms of religion for something (which is not probably a great thing) but who am I to say it if there are people who personally want it.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score on the Spirituality scale (which ranges from 0 to 35) is: 33 By most estimates, you are clearly a very spiritual person. You hold strong personal convictions that help to guide your daily life.

Your score on the Belief Certainty dimension (which ranges from 0 to 77) is: 29. Overall, you are fairly MODERATE on this dimension. There are some aspects of your religious or spiritual beliefs that you feel are right or true. However, you are probably able to accept or understand other perspectives.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default Some clarification on what I was thinking during the survey

I suppose Animism (thanks to @Satan for pointing it out to me) is the closest to matching any of my spiritual beliefs, but mostly in essence. I feel it but I can't fully express it with words. Probably because I no longer want to. I went through my guru phase already, thinking I knew what was for the higher good of others. I concede now that I don't.

Music helps me express my "spiritual" feelings sometimes, as does art, love, and nature. I answered the questions with that perspective in mind. My beliefs are fluid and slowly evolving. I have a wider perspective now than I did when I was deeply into exploring various spiritual and philosophical beliefs.

I believe words have power and carry energy. Some call it magic. I don't have to call it magic, or supernatural, to know it is a real phenomenon. They have great influence and so I try to be aware of what I am saying and to who. Sometimes in irritation I want to say something hurtful but if I give myself long enough to cool down I will start to feel the affects those words would have on the other person, as if I were experiencing it in their body. That is enough to stop me from crossing many lines. I am not a saint by far. I do cross lines, sometimes intentionally and sometimes not, like in the case of misunderstandings.

I believe there is magic in this world, not necessarily of a supernatural kind but perhaps that too. I am pretty much open to just about anything at this point, based on my own weird/surreal experiences.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. "

I do believe that there are things unknowable in human form but by using symbolism, and creativity, we, as a species, attempt to make some sense of this reality and all the strange, fucked up things in it. I do not limit myself to believing in just one dimension or universe. I can take aspects of various beliefs systems without adhering to any one philosophy. I did consider myself an atheist for a couple of years as well. I do not believe in any personal god or even higher beings but going into that takes more energy than I am usually willing to spend now.

Animism (from Latin anima, "breath, spirit, life")[1][2] is the religious belief that objects, places, and creatures all possess a distinct spiritual essence.[3][4][5][6] Potentially, animism perceives all things—animals, plants, rocks, rivers, weather systems, human handiwork, and perhaps even words—as animated and alive.

Animism is the oldest known type of belief system in the world that even predates paganism. It is still practiced in a variety of forms in many traditional societies.[7] Animism is used in the anthropology of religion as a term for the belief system of many indigenous tribal peoples,[8] especially in contrast to the relatively more recent development of organized religions.[9] Although each culture has its own different mythologies and rituals, "animism" is said to describe the most common, foundational thread of indigenous peoples' "spiritual" or "supernatural" perspectives. The animistic perspective is so widely held and inherent to most animistic indigenous peoples that they often do not even have a word in their languages that corresponds to "animism" (or even "religion");[10] the term is an anthropological construct.

Largely due to such ethnolinguistic and cultural discrepancies, opinion has differed on whether animism refers to an ancestral mode of experience common to indigenous peoples around the world, or to a full-fledged religion in its own right. The currently accepted definition of animism was only developed in the late 19th century by Sir Edward Tylor, who created it as "one of anthropology's earliest concepts, if not the first".[SUP][11]

Animism encompasses the beliefs that all material phenomena have agency, that there exists no hard and fast distinction between the spiritual and physical (or material) world, and that soulor spirit or sentience exists not only in humans, but also in other animals, plants, rocks, geographic features such as mountains or rivers, or other entities of the natural environment, including thunder, wind, and shadows. Animism thus rejects Cartesian dualism. Animism may further attribute souls to abstract concepts such as words, true names, or metaphors in mythology. Some members of the non-tribal world also consider themselves animists (such as author Daniel Quinn, sculptor Lawson Oyekan, and many contemporary Pagans).[12]
    For me, it is not what I even consider a religious belief. It is just something I am aware of because I have visually seen the energy, or essence, of things. They were "alive" energetically. Words and concepts are also energetically alive. I was not on drugs every time but I used psychedelics in the past in order to connect. I don't have a brain tumor and I am mentally sound.

It's funny how I can casually mention that music, for example, is alive and people can be in total agreement but I mention a rock, or crystal, is also alive and they start accusing, "NEW AGE!" like it's a dirty word. I do not consider myself new age in the slightest so I enjoy visualizing people, like that, toothless, ragged, holding a torch, screaming, "BURN THE WITCH". Guilty pleasure.

I try to refrain from insulting or making fun of other people's religious beliefs, even socionics can be a religious belief, for some, but I tend to mock when I am first disillusioned with a system of any kind. Later I accept it wasn't for me. The extent of my mocking or outright anger depends on how much harm I perceive at the time.

Once I stand back I can accept responsibility for my own involvement and let it go. I am speaking mostly of a religion I was raised in. When I first left I was so full of anger I became an atheist and wasted so much time trying to convince people, of that faith, that they were all idiots. Once I accepted my anger, instead of projecting it, I developed more tolerance for the religion I was once a part of. The exception is when I feel someone is trying to force their beliefs on me or tell me I am going to hell. Then I might let my inner demon out for awhile.

Last time I had somewhat of a religious argument was with a forum member and I feel I might have insulted her, out of frustration. That night I dreamt of demons and possession. I got out of that thread and left it alone. I realized it was messing with my psyche after that nightmare and all the things of my past, with that religions, were being dredged up again.

The irony of @Satan of helping me make the connection to animism, therefore helping me when trying to explain to others my "spiritual" beliefs, is not lost on me.

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

(I can't deny my own spiritual experiences I've had, but I denied the more ultra-conservative/far right wing responses so I ended up being in the middle.)

Spirituality

Your score on the Spirituality scale (which ranges from 0 to 35) is: 15. Your score on the Spirituality dimension is within the average range. You clearly have spiritual beliefs that guide you in parts of your life. However, you appear to be open to looking at the world through non-spiritual eyes as well.

Belief Certainty
    Some people are absolutely certain of their world view; others aren't. People high on belief certainty are usually part of a group that shares similar beliefs. Across most religions, those highest in belief certainty are considered fundamentalists. Those low in belief certainty may be questionning their religion, the nature of God, or simply reject religion altogether.

Your score on the Belief Certainty dimension (which ranges from 0 to 77) is: 20. Overall, you are fairly MODERATE on this dimension. There are some aspects of your religious or spiritual beliefs that you feel are right or true. However, you are probably able to accept or understand other perspectives.

TIM
    sp/sx
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spirituality
    Your score on the Spirituality scale (which ranges from 0 to 35) is: 2. Your score is lower than most people. People who score low on the Spiritual scale tend to be more open and detached in their world view. Many scientists, academics, and others who view themselves as worldly share your perspectives.
    Belief Certainty
    Your score on the Belief Certainty dimension (which ranges from 0 to 77) is: 0. All things considered, you are LOW on this dimension. This could reflect one of two things. Some people who are low on Belief Certainty simply don't hold any strong religious beliefs one way or another. Others may be spiritual and or belong to a religious group but are open to alternative world views or religious perspectives. People low in Belief Certainty are more likely to be high in humanistic values.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aylen, have you investigated panpsychism? It is very similar to animism, except it is philosophical in nature as opposed to spiritual, although they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

I started with animism myself a while ago.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyGuy View Post
    @Aylen, have you investigated panpsychism? It is very similar to animism, except it is philosophical in nature as opposed to spiritual, although they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

I started with animism myself a while ago.
    Just recently I ran across an article (not wiki) and I found it very interesting although I seem to have misplaced it atm. I thought how similar it seemed. I can use the words spiritual and philosophical interchangeably with some people and be perfectly understood. With others I use the term that is closest to their belief system in order to be understood. I suppose there is little distinction in my mind but I know others make a huge distinction between what is philosophical and what is spiritual. The more intellectual someone considers themselves the less likely they want to consider any of their beliefs being spiritual in nature. I can adapt pretty well to who I am talking to. My preference when discussing these distinctions would be to talk to someone similar to you since understanding is less of an issue. At least in my mind it is less of a issue.

YWIMW

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Just recently I ran across an article (not wiki) and I found it very interesting although I seem to have misplaced it atm. I thought how similar it seemed. I can use the words spiritual and philosophical interchangeably with some people and be perfectly understood. With others I use the term that is closest to their belief system in order to be understood. I suppose there is little distinction in my mind but I know others make a huge distinction between what is philosophical and what is spiritual. The more intellectual someone considers themselves the less likely they want to consider any of their beliefs being spiritual in nature. I can adapt pretty well to who I am talking to. My preference when discussing these distinctions would be to talk to someone similar to you since understanding is less of an issue. At least in my mind it is less of a issue.
    Just different ways at trying to arrive at deeper truths.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.