Thread: Unable to self-type

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frankwithyou View Post
    Not really. I don't think so. Most problems would stem from the fact that people would misinterpret what I said. And fixing that.

Leaning towards half empty. Gotta fill that glass.

Tough to say. I am right now engaged in that type of project. I think that I focus more on what I have to work with, as what my focus is now is to discover all the things that may serve me to complete it successfully.
    I almost forgot! Welcome to the forum.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, again, that leaves ESI. I think this fits me the most, from a general POV. Should have came here earlier. Settled most of my doubts.
    Except ESI is Fi-leading, with strong Fi, and that's not anywhere in what you've said. Maybe I was wrong about you exhausting the elements/functions already, did you already look at the functions of model A and the individual elements? The most basic approach might be the best. Also, I still recommend SubT's test that I linked earlier. Good luck.

Thank you, Aylen! Also, thank to all that contributed to this. I appreciate you taking your time to lend a hand. As for Jeremy, seems like I misjudged you at first. Thanks for helping me sort this mess out! If you have some more suggestions, feel free to contribute.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys... Guys.... It's ooooookkkayyyyyy....

He may not be LSI or LIE.... But, look on the bright side.... There's plenty of EII to go around...

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Aylen! Also, thank to all that contributed to this. I appreciate you taking your time to lend a hand. As for Jeremy, seems like I misjudged you at first. Thanks for helping me sort this mess out! If you have some more suggestions, feel free to contribute.
    Nah. Just read my type descriptions from SSS on first page, and those reinin dichotomies I linked on previous page, and you should be good. Teenagers and mistypes trash the hell out of most the online resources like Wikisocion.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I thought he was referring to you when he said, "She's also an ESI."?
    Didn't see that.

I thought he started typing everyone as ESI because that's supposedly my shtick.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Didn't see that.

I thought he started typing everyone as ESI because that's supposedly my shtick.
    Nooo, don't let him take that away from you!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Quick question: How do I mention someone over here? Ie: Adam.

Also, the sites that you provided Jeremy make much more sense and are clearer than other descriptions of the phoenomena that I have encountered before.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also, the sites that you provided Jeremy make much more sense and are clearer than other descriptions of the phoenomena that I have encountered before.
    Just precede the person's name with an @ symbol, like @frankwithyou. If you got the name spelled right, it will highlight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't see that.

No. I simply recently isolated ESI as a discrete vibe / pattern, so that's what I am paying attention to and on the lookout for right now is all.

The ones I point out are legit. They all have the same pattern to a T. Light/friendly post to enter conversation, then subsequent is Se+/Ti- ad infinitum. It's simply how they connect with people.

Similarly, tons of viewpoints into building a logical framework is my own. Why? Because there must be some angle that makes everyone happy.

He was emotional at part of the discussion, which triggered empathy reactions from squark and Adam, but that wasn't something type related, simply shared emotional experiences. Every guy gets like that at some point, especially if he wants (I.e., capable of receiving) that which only receives (I.e., women, both metaphorical and like their bodies "receive"). Girls suck and have cooties. There. I said it. �� Hang with boys first (like Adams story). Maybe a girl will be lucky enough to latch on to you. You got the goods. That's why dudes rock.

@Adam Strange . Ok, got it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Man: https://www.researchgate.net/profile...v/publications

Will need to use google translate document for most of those. Pics don't work in translator, so you will need translated and original version pulled up to reference the pics.

Most of the Socionics information currently utilized in English is the remnants of near no information existing and people trying to piece together what they assumed was "socionics." Luckily, Socionists have been more generous to the English audience in recent years.

Also, en.socionicasys.org . I don't personally agree with their information 100%, more like 75%, but still a good English resource.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I got a bit annoyed by Jeremy's trolling too, does that make me Ne PoLR too?
    No, I was referring to OP's way of responding specifically. Seemed to take a while to realize what was going on and pretty much putting down his foot on his assertions while Jeremy was just running around poking at hime with the Ne.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    No, I was referring to OP's way of responding specifically. Seemed to take a while to realize what was going on and pretty much putting down his foot on his assertions while Jeremy was just running around poking at hime with the Ne.
    I call my Ne "The Preginator."

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Except ESI is Fi-leading, with strong Fi, and that's not anywhere in what you've said. Maybe I was wrong about you exhausting the elements/functions already, did you already look at the functions of model A and the individual elements? The most basic approach might be the best. Also, I still recommend SubT's test that I linked earlier. Good luck.
    Fi here:

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.

About me? That I lack feelings. The level of sentiment that I can reach is deeper than most people could ever imagine me reaching. But I hide it to not appear weak.
    And:

Very active in sports. Talented at all kinds of sports. Intellectual, less control of my emotional response. Very deep emotions. More shy, more introverted, less confident. Changed by becoming substantially more confident. Still talented at all kinds of sports, but less involved in them.

OP's nickname is also pretty Fi, actually.

EDIT:

Studying, intellectual pursuits. Help in taking initiative more often in relations and building those in the long term. Also in household tasks. I procrastinate on cleaning.
    This could be Fi HA tho'.

Sorry to OP, I can't say more for sure other than Fi/Te valuing and I don't have time to get into this deeper. Good luck!
    Last edited by Myst; 06-05-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't confuse emotions for Fi.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Don't confuse emotions for Fi.
    I wasn't stating that Fi is emotions. The preferred focus on deep sentiment is what sounded like Fi>Fe.

I didn't read all posts btw, if OP said anything on how confident he is in his own feeling attitudes towards people.

If I define "feeling attitudes" towards people as what I think of them in regards to myself, it goes like this: If the person manifests towards me with some sense of consistency, I can determine, with certainty, if that person likes me or not. Not, things get a little blurred when talking about inconsistent people. Anyway, regarding what I think of them, I can determine exactly who it is that I like or not in most cases. There are some people that I just don't like immediately. Kinda like invoking in me a certain repulsion just from seeing them, or, in most cases, after begining to talk. There are people that I like immediately. Again, blurred lines appear if said person that I liked or not begins to manifest contradictory behavior. But I think it is normal for some uncertainty to interviene in these situations. @Myst

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say LIE. Anyways, god is Jeremy annoying lol
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    I will say LIE. Anyways, god is Jeremy annoying lol

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

If I define "feeling attitudes" towards people as what I think of them in regards to myself, it goes like this: If the person manifests towards me with some sense of consistency, I can determine, with certainty, if that person likes me or not. Not, things get a little blurred when talking about inconsistent people. Anyway, regarding what I think of them, I can determine exactly who it is that I like or not in most cases. There are some people that I just don't like immediately. Kinda like invoking in me a certain repulsion just from seeing them, or, in most cases, after begining to talk. There are people that I like immediately. Again, blurred lines appear if said person that I liked or not begins to manifest contradictory behavior. But I think it is normal for some uncertainty to interviene in these situations. @Myst
    Well, sure, there can be uncertainty, think about how you deal with that? All in all, if you find you take such things seriously and your worldview is fundamentally determined by your feeling attitudes towards things, throughout your life, then that's indeed Fi base. I don't expect a Fi base to necessarily sound emotional so that's ok regarding the OP and the other few posts of yours I looked at. Otoh, the one thing that can go against it if you are not naturally very aware of the needs of the people who are close to you, which issue you did mention in your OP. You do also mention you are an empathetic type though this remains hidden even from close enough friends, so that again could be weaker Fi even if valued. Not sure, ESI-Se's are not very "touchy-feely" appearing to me at first at all...

I don't have any more input, I suggest you think about these issues since you have access to the details from your own life on all this.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    OP's nickname is also pretty Fi, actually.
    Actually I would say that is more Se-ish, or possibly even Te-ish thing to say. Fi doms are not exactly the most brutally honest of types, unless offended deeply or have other issues.

How did the phrase "to be frank" originate

Paul Reiber, English is a language with which I have significant experience with.
    Answered Aug 28, 2015

Good question! I was curious myself so I checked the Online Etymology Dictionary

It appears in the 1300s one was either a free conqueror, or a captive, or a slave. Francs were the ones with the power and freedom. So it originally indicated "free to do as you wish".

A few hundred years later, the adjective meant outspoken. Only more recently has it come to indicate brutal honesty.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I would say that is more Se-ish, or possibly even Te-ish thing to say. Fi doms are not exactly the most brutally honest of types, unless offended deeply or have other issues.
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...ication_styles

Depends on what you're considering "honest."

I wouldn't say my life is determined by a feeling based attitude towards things. My decision making process regarding things in life, goals, is determined by eliminating short term feelings from the moment of the decision in order to assure long term development and success. This includes taking some decisions that sacrifice short term happiness for long term betterment.

To conclude, how I am feeling at the moment I try to make irrelevant in order to achive my long term goals. This does not mean I don't take my feeling or other's feelings intoaccount, but that I consider that, if the goal is worth it, some unhappines now is better than later. This does not come naturally to me, though. It is a conscious choice, a somewhat hard decision.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's pretty much every ESI that I know.

Some stuff that sounds a lot like what you just said is in the ESI section of descriptions I posted on first page.

Typically, its less about "more chances at money!" and more about "this is mine, and I'm keeping it and taking care of it."

Dad's an ESI. Got rich just by, well, basically, not being retarded with his money.

To give an example, breaking some relations, no matter how shitty it made me feel, if I think it is better for the both of us.

Also prefering to do so myself to spare the other person of at least the pain of the decision making.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty much the ego of ESI.

LIE's make relationships and enjoy doing such. ESI gets rid of the weeds, so to speak.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say my life is determined by a feeling based attitude towards things. My decision making process regarding things in life, goals, is determined by eliminating short term feelings from the moment of the decision in order to assure long term development and success. This includes taking some decisions that sacrifice short term happiness for long term betterment.

To conclude, how I am feeling at the moment I try to make irrelevant in order to achive my long term goals. This does not mean I don't take my feeling or other's feelings intoaccount, but that I consider that, if the goal is worth it, some unhappines now is better than later. This does not come naturally to me, though. It is a conscious choice, a somewhat hard decision.
    If that doesn't sound LIE, I don't know what does ...
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that doesn't sound LIE, I don't know what does ...
    Troll.

Regarding LIE. Had a friend for a few years taht tested, per functions, as ENTj. The relationship didn't end well. Too much conflict. Some inability to see and accept the other's POV. Gave some good advice, but I was always reluctant to accept it. Hit my weak spots. Eventually, I would arrive at the same conclusions in some cases but after a long time. I don't think this would be a relation between identicals. I think that the interaction with him helped me develop my decision making style that I have right now, in some way. We parted ways. The conflict got too intense as I started to resist him more and more.

He was 100% extraverted. Took the test, determined it wasn't useful for him, moved on and held the opinion that i wasted my time with this(Te from him?). Very pragmatic.Not traditional, atheist, interested in things that"made him think". Kinda see ENTj in him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding LIE. Had a friend for a few years taht tested, per functions, as ENTj. The relationship didn't end well. Too much conflict. Some inability to see and accept the other's POV. Gave some good advice, but I was always reluctant to accept it. Hit my weak spots. Eventually, I would arrive at the same conclusions in some cases but after a long time. I don't think this would be a relation between identicals. I think that the interaction with him helped me develop my decision making style that I have right now, in some way. We parted ways. The conflict got too intense as I started to resist him more and more.

He was 100% extraverted. Took the test, determined it wasn't useful for him, moved on and held the opinion that i wasted my time with this(Te from him?). Very pragmatic.Not traditional, atheist, interested in things that"made him think". Kinda see ENTj in him.
    That's Alpha.

Based upon your writing, ILE.

I actually considered that. Just that he was taking himself very seriously. Didn't like to waste time on theories without practical application. Extremely goal oriented. For example, he planned his meals daily for years when he went to the gym and stuck with the routine for the most part. Got big fast.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually considered that. Just that he was taking himself very seriously. Didn't like to waste time on theories without practical application. Extremely goal oriented. For example, he planned his meals daily for years when he went to the gym and stuck with the routine. Got big fast.
    Okay, yeah, that's definitely ILE. Probably a relatively normal person, but still ILE.

Te is 4D in ILE, Ti is 3D in ILE. Socially? Going to Ti- a lot. But overall? Him as an individual? More Te+ than Ti-.

Even if he was ILE, my relation to him doesn't seem to match quasi-id if we assume LIE for me. He hit my weak spots. I was unable to hit his.

Just realised something. By relation, here, I mean friendship. So people don't get the wrong idea.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if he was ILE, my relation to him doesn't seem to match quasi-id if we assume LIE for me. He hit my weak spots. I was unable to hit his.
    Oh, my bad. I mean you as ESI and him as ILE. That is conflictor. You even stated "conflict" a few times. "Weak spots" are PoLR. Thing with PoLR's are that they are 1D, idiosyncratic, and we maintain those our own selves. If he hit your weak spots, you may have very well hit his, except since you are his conflictor, didn't realize it was his sore spot. So all the pain really just ended in a worthless wash out, only supplying the evidence of "hey this shit ends bad."

Regarding conflict. Things were good most of the time. Similar sense of humour, would talk for hours. Just that it would reach a point sometimes, if we got in an argument, where we didn't see eye to eye, and that would end up blowing out of proportion, as neither he, nor I, would concede. Does this still apply to conflict?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conflict is one of the ones that is "amazing short term!" and "do not do long term!"

I'm a firecracker with conflictors. Last about as long as a firecracker too.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I was just thinking of some ESI-Fi's I know when I said that.

But I wasn't too serious with that comment.

Yeah, that doesn't go against ESI the way you describe it. Gamma looks ok, anyhow.

Thing is, it lasted about 5 years. Like I said, he gave great advice in areas where I was weak. But towards the end I started to stand up to him more and more, and it got to a point where it just ended.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conflict lasted 9 years. Doesn't change it being a Conflict.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast