Thread: Tritype me: 649? 614? 639? Other?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Tritype me: 649? 614? 639? Other?

HEAD FIX- I’m pretty sure I’m a 6 but since I previously typed as a 5, I thought I’d make some notes here.

*Very prone to doubting and overanalysis of things. Are my conclusions valid and correct?

*Wants to understand things thoroughly, tries to eliminate ambiguities and contradictions. Seeks consistency.

*Intense curiosity for the things I’m interested in but can be quite ignorant and un-curious about things that don’t interest me or don’t pertain to me.

*A love of learning, love of improving my knowledge base and competence.

*A tendency to be pulled in many directions at once, often have many projects going on at one time. Start more personal projects than I can realistically ever finish. However, if it’s not a personal project and I’m doing it for someone else or it has a fixed deadline, I am very reliable and will finish it on time.

*Most frequently assists others through knowledge, it’s how I make myself useful in the world, proving my ‘worth.’

*However, I really hate intellectual snobbery, trolling, and people who think they are superior to others because of their knowledge and put down people less knowledgeable and intellectually gifted

*Like type 7, I greatly fear pain and deprivation. Weirdly enough, I relate to the description of type 5 more than 7 though. But if you’re looking at the wings of type 6, I think I fit the 6w7 description a little more closely than 6w5 although I have qualities of both. I’m not quite as distanced or detached as 5, more lighthearted and playful in my interactions, so I’ve been told.

*Very concerned about my own safety and security, especially towards the future. I need to know that I can cope with whatever difficultly happens to come my way. I think a lot about growing older, when I reach old age, if I live that long, how will I deal my decline in health, having to depend on others, perhaps losing my memory, things like that.

GUT FIX
    *I really hate conflict and aggression. People who are harsh, rude, antagonistic, can literally make me feel physically ill.

*I want things in life to be smooth and easy, minimize any struggle and difficulty. I resent that life has to be difficult, unfair, full of heartache and sorrow, etc.

*I must have harmony in my relationships with others and the world around me to think clearly and to work most effectively.

*However I realize that conflict is inevitable at times, and I will face conflict if I must do so in order to stay true to my principles, to achieve my goals, to work for the greater good, etc.

*Also, I may be confrontational about things I find unfair, go against my principles and if anyone treats me rudely or unfairly or I witness them treat anyone else rudely or unfairly, I will make a stand against that, hence, potentially causing a conflict.

*I am not really the easygoing and mellow type even though I often appear that way to others because I appear calm and composed to others. On the inside though, I am far more intense and passionate than what I show on the outside.

*However, I am quite flexible and tolerant about most things, I often feel like people get too worked about about things that don’t really matter much in the long run. In a way, I probably put up with more ‘crap’ than many people would. However, I have my own things that I feel very strongly about that are ‘right’ and I can be quite stubborn about those things.

*I have a very hard time letting go of past disappointments and hurts done to me. I may forgive, but I never forget anything!

*When I’m anxious, hurt, excited, etc. I literally feel the tension, the heartbreak, the tingle in my body.

*Anger is the enemy, I work very hard to control my anger, to not express it outwardly, although if I’m provoked enough, I will show it. I often feel bad that I emotionally lost control when I express my anger or otherwise get too emotional.

*I have a very strong sense of fairness and justice. I hate that we have so much social and economic inequality in the world. That someone has advantages over someone else just because they happened to be born in a certain country, be of a certain race, gender, etc. I also can hardly stand it when someone is more successful than I am and they worked far less harder than I did. I am very envious of people in that sense.

HEART FIX
    *I care very much about the image I present to other people and being seen as a successful person in the eyes of others. I care to some extent about social status, I do not want to be at the bottom rung and one of the worst things would be to
    be seen as an incompetent loser. However, I wish there was no such thing as status- everyone is in an equal position. That way no one would ever have to envy anyone else in a better position. I guess you can say I am very prone to envy.

*However, I am lousy at putting on an act and self-promoting. I must stay true to myself. Job interviews, resume writing, things like that are the bane of my existence, because it’s like I have to show how ‘superior’ I am to the rest of the competition and I hate that outlook towards the world of work. I just want to be able to do what I find personally fulfilling and not have others ‘stop’ me from doing that. I hate that have to pass some kind of ‘trial’ in order to be let into certain positions.

*It’s crucial that I do something that benefits society. Something that I will be remembered for long after I die.

*I have a tension between wanting to be unique and stand out and wanting to fit in and be accepted by the world. I hate to feel like I am just average, that I’m not really special or unique. I often envy those more unique than I am. On the other hand, people who stand out too much are often ostracized by society and my worst nightmare would be to be rejected by almost everyone. Typically my need to fit in tends to override my need to express my uniqueness, hence 6 > 4.

*I am deeply moved by art- the beauty of nature, music, books, movies, etc. I am not the artistically creative type though, I don’t really have the urge to create things artistically, but I love to take in the beauty of what I see.

*Unlike one of the common stereotype of 4’s, I am not a snob at all when it comes to artistic stuff. I believe everything is beautiful and worthy in its own way, and I cannot tolerate snobby attitudes in others when they put down someone else’s creative effort, dismissing it as trash just because it’s not to their own liking or understanding.

*I hate a love-hate relationship with helping others. I love to help others develop and grow, understand the world, but in order for me to enjoy it, helping others has to be on my own terms, something that I want to do, not because I feel I must. I don’t want to just be constantly helping others and not getting anything in return, because that doesn’t seem like a fair exchange. (I’m probably not a 2 fix for that reason).

*I am quite an emotional person although I am frightened of too much intensity, not always sure I can cope with it properly. It is crucial that all of my emotions, feelings and passions are validated. I hate it when I share my enthusiasm for something, and someone squashes that. It doesn’t make me want to share with that person in the future.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any thoughts?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Your head (and core) fix seems to be 5w6.

You think you're fix is 6, but especially this is (Social) 5 through and through:

*Most frequently assists others through knowledge, it’s how I make myself useful in the world, proving my ‘worth.’
    So/Sp 5 seems to be a good fit, better than So 6 imo.

This subtype could be seen as the most intellectual of type Five. The combination of the basic desire for knowing with the social instinct’s need to “fit in,” makes people of this subtype want to find a niche as the expert. Their interest in structure, especially social structure, accentuates their natural inclination for acquiring knowledge. With the sexual instinct least developed, this subtype is in the position of having a strong pull towards understanding the workings of the world around them, without the emotional intensity of the sexual instinct setting up any distraction. These Fives fit the role of the scientist or professor quite well in this respect.
    Here's more about the Social 5.

I'd rule out any kind of 7 (6w7 is more of the adventurous and thrill-seeking kind, someone like Tom Cruise for instance), though I can see how your Ne subtype makes you relate to some aspects of 7.

Your gut fix is clearly 9.

Your heart fix is less clear. I see that you relate more to Type 4 and that influences your self-description.

I care very much about the image I present to other people and being seen as a successful person in the eyes of others. I care to some extent about social status, I do not want to be at the bottom rung and one of the worst things would be to be seen as an incompetent loser. However, I wish there was no such thing as status- everyone is in an equal position. That way no one would ever have to envy anyone else in a better position. I guess you can say I am very prone to envy.
    This sounds more like Social 3, but it could also just be a Social instinct thing in general. However, the first sentence is still very Social 3; so much so, that I find it the most plausible typing. Type 3 (core) is mostly very Se and Te, and you value neither, so of course you would not be able to relate to it as well. Also, being a Democratic type, you want everyone to be on an equal position etc. Type 3s can be envious of more successful people too, btw, it is not like Type 4 is the only envious type in the Enneagram. You use a lot of "Type 4 terminology", but I don't see any signs of you being actually a 4 fix and having the motivations and fears of Type 4. (And this impression of mine is also based on your behaviour on this forum and the one video I've seen of you.)

All in all, I think the 593 Tritype is the best fit.

The Thinker

Interest:
    – be in control of situations
    – avoid conflict
    – slow to trust others, need time to reveal yourself
    – conceal your true feelings
    – being noticed and strive for success

Mission:
    – use your ability to unite opposing points of view, find compromise and create workable solutions

Character:
    – intellectual
    – clever
    – amiable
    – pleasant
    – shy
    – advocate
    – helpful
    – judicial
    – controlling
    – tenacious
    – persistent
    – goal-oriented
    – wise
    – adjusts to others
    – private
    – introspective
    – academic
    – wise
    – humorous
    – seems to be without feelings (hides them)
    – calm
    – professional
    – dreamer
    – isolationist
    – image focused
    – expedient
    – whimsical
    – open minded
    – philosophical
    – lacks focus
    – cooperative
    – cunning
    – tactful + well-mannered
    – congenial
    – adaptable
    – goes with the flow

Blind spot:
    – be so reserved that your true nature remains hidden and underexpressed -> appear aloof and indifferent
    – use withholding and punishment to control
    – avoid negative feelings
    Last edited by Olimpia; 06-02-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks!

I used to self type as 5w6, but then I feel like I'm not quite able to be so detached as fives typically are. I doubt and question everything. I need more certainty and predictability in my life than a 5 typically does. I have issues with whether or not I can truly trust someone. I've had a few people suggest 6 for me and when reading the descriptions closer, I was like wow, this really fits, why didn't I see that before?

I struggled between 9w1 and 1w9 for the gut fix. Why is it so clear that I'm a 9 when I have very strong principles and a sense of fairness and justice and a hard time letting things go? This is why I'm not clear between 1 and 9, because although I hate conflict and strive to be easygoing about things, there's so much 1 type stuff that comes up. Maybe there's socionics playing a factor into this though.

Heart fix is the same problem, between 3w4 and 4w3. I can't quite keep up the image that the 3 can, I lack the confidence and constant drive, yet I do care alot about my image and hate to be seen as a loser. I have alot of melancholy at times, search deeply within myself, want to be authentic and unique.

I guess the 593 description does describe me well though.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Thanks!

I used to self type as 5w6, but then I feel like I'm not quite able to be so detached as fives typically are. I doubt and question everything. I need more certainty and predictability in my life than a 5 typically does. I have issues with whether or not I can truly trust someone. I've had a few people suggest 6 for me and when reading the descriptions closer, I was like wow, this really fits, why didn't I see that before?
    Perhaps you've simply delved more into the unhealthy side of 5w6, which can match Type 6 a lot.

Unhealthy people of this subtype tend to be suspicious of people and to have counterphobic, contentious, and volatile reactions to others. They are extremely fearful of intimacy of any sort and can be highly unstable, with paranoid tendencies. Unconsciously seeking rescue, they also fearfully reject and antagonize their supporters. The isolation and mental distortion we see in unhealthy Fives are reinforced by the Six-wing's paranoia, inferiority, feelings and conviction of being persecuted. Neurotic Fives with a Six-wing ultimately become extremely phobic, projecting dangers everywhere while retreating from all social interaction. They may lash out at imagined enemies, and sometimes with lethal results. Psychotic breaks and madness are possible.
    This sounds like 9 > 1, aka rather 9w1.

However, I am quite flexible and tolerant about most things, I often feel like people get too worked about about things that don’t really matter much in the long run. In a way, I probably put up with more ‘crap’ than many people would. However, I have my own things that I feel very strongly about that are ‘right’ and I can be quite stubborn about those things.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"