Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to find/recognize ENFjs (EIEs): what are they like?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    To further expand, there are different flavours... there does indeed exist histrionic theater aging diva over the top EIE, but then there is also charismatic, beloved highschool teacher EIE for example, who is not "dramatic" or over the top. What they are is passionate, not necesarily dramatic in a crazy flamingo way. Also, when they meet new people, most EIE's i know are actually a bit standoffish and proud - polite and predispositioned to playful sarcastic jabs, but they're not the person who goes around talking and goofing around indimiscriminately with everybody. They are slower to warm to and except people than Fi creatives. They have a sense of importance to them. But once they except you, they will be very warm and loving towards you. In a circle of friends, family or at work when they're advocating for a cause, they can be very loud, overbearing and dramatic, getting into lenghty emotional debates (this sucks and needs to be changed, we need to unite and fight,... ).

Thinking now, there does exist a super sweet bubbly variety too (E2?), which looks very close to ESE - that's the ones that are extremely extroverted and high on Fe, but that's a minority ime. Maybe you're looking for this last one EIE kind , OP : )
    Yeah depends on what image they have chosen to portray, 4D . True, enneagram can help adding these different attitudes, like EIE phobic 6 could be more anxious while EIE 3 is more in charge but does like the glamor and the passion, et cetera.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    EIE is the most misunderstood type sigh...
    Open up a thread about EIE myth busting tbh

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Besides Oprah I cannot think of a famous or just "IRL" female EIE... The great majority of EIEs I have come across and known of were male for some reason, so I cannot really give you any exact practical advice in terms of discerning a female EIE from other female types per se.

If I tried to type a potentially EIE female, I'd take note of what functions and IM values she seems to express the most. The Role function, HA, and Demonstrative can be slightly misleading sometimes, but at the end of the day people reveal themselves through their Ego functions.

Fe leads tend to direct the emotional atmosphere but in a manner they deem to be appropriate. In that way, Fe leads are often actually quieter than ExFp's and more "serious" in comparison. (This could be a matter of them being both Ej and Constructivist.) When they think a situation should be serious, they'll be serious. If they think it should be funny or humorous, they'll be humorous. And in that way, they'll try to form the environment to that. IxFps do not really do that, they tend to want a pleasant or fun atmosphere no matter what, especially IEI. For example, when I see my ESE mother being sad or depressed, I'll try to cheer her up by laughing and being upbeat, but recently she actually started to scold me for that. She was sad about the Manchester incidence. I tried to cheer her up by being bubbly and laughing, but she took offense to it and said something along the lines of: "In situations like these, laughing is not appropriate." And my ILE brother explained: "She thinks when something like this happens, people should mourn." And she nodded to that. Fe Demonstrative people do not really try to "impose" a certain mood setting on other people; an ExFp would probably have been annoyed by my laughing too, but they wouldn't have tried to "teach me" how to "properly emote" during a certain situation. Fi ego types typically do not try to "meddle" with the emotional states of other people, and believe everyone has their right to their own personal emotional state.

Besides all that, an EIE is going to display strong Intuition. I cannot really exactly tell you how to spot that, but in comparison to S types, it will be clear they have good Intuition. You have to take note of whether they are Fe lead or not, and whether they value Ni or not. That mostly will solve the riddle. Also, they'll need to express some intuitive insights (either Ni or Ne ones) often enough. A Gamma SF may be able to seem like an EIE, but at closer distance you'll realize they mostly concern themselves and talk about more tangible things; or at least this is where their strengths lie. Gamma SFs can get obsessed with Ni stuff, but in the case of SEE they usually lack the Ni, and in the case of ESI they usually lack any Ne, so that is the main way how you can distinguish them from Beta NFs (besides other things, like Fe-Ti vs Fi-Te valuing etc.)

At last, EIE vs IEI is mainly a matter of energy and activity. IEIs are generally much more low energy or their energy comes in short bursts; whereas the energy of an Ej is more consistent (same for Ijs). J types have rather consistent energy; if you thought of it is a line, it would be straight mostly, with little variations. The energy of an Ej is on a higher level more consistently, though Ni subtypes have weaker or lower energy than their Fe subtype counterparts. Also, being Te Role as well, an Ej is generally more active and productive than any IxFx you'll meet. They are often on-the-go and get more things done.
    Interesting observation about appropriate emotional states. My mom is as EIE as they come (I've never met a more dramatic EIE as her) and we both get very annoyed for example when we're watching a serious, tear-jerking drama, and some idiot is laughing in the cinema or next to us. My bf usually tries to make light of situation and starts laughing when I'm crying at some tragical movie and it pisses me off to no end - how dare he lol. It's like we're watching the same movie, why are your emotions so different from mine??!! I told him a few times he should leave a room if he's incapable of understanding the depth of a movie : ).

What I do think though is, that ESE's are much more traditional about appropriatness. EIE's usually have pretty black senses of humour and can be more eccentric, but yeah, when they feel a certain emotion, they don't approve if others emote differently. EIE's also stay in an emotional funk for long periods when they watch a sad movie or hear about a tragic event for example - your whole day can get ruined because of such tragedy as Manchester bombings.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting observation about appropriate emotional states. My mom is as EIE as they come (I've never met a more dramatic EIE as her) and we both get very annoyed for example when we're watching a serious, tear-jerking drama, and some idiot is laughing in the cinema or next to us. My bf usually tries to make light of situation and starts laughing when I'm crying at some tragical movie and it pisses me off to no end - how dare he lol. It's like we're watching the same movie, why are your emotions so different from mine??!! I told him a few times he should leave a room if he's incapable of understanding the depth of a movie : ).

What I do think though is, that ESE's are much more traditional about appropriatness. EIE's usually have pretty black senses of humour and can be more eccentric, but yeah, when they feel a certain emotion, they don't approve if others emote differently. EIE's also stay in an emotional funk for long periods when they watch a sad movie or hear about a tragic event for example - your whole day can get ruined because of such tragedy as Manchester bombings.
    in a nutshell for that first paragraph It's the "emotional entitlement" that drives SLI and ILI nuts, for OP: I think he could watch out for this tendency to spot an EIE.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    @Cassandra Charlize Theron would be a good example as well
    Theron is EIE imo as well. For some reason EIE's seem to be way more prevalent as theater actors than movie actors. Probably because theater way of acting permits them to amp up the dramatics. I know a bunch of cases of EIE theater actrasses and TV personalities from my country, but I agree it's difficult to scoop them out from US celebrities. EIE's can also be chameleonic and difficult to pin down if you're not closely familiar with them - that's why I'm often not sure myself if some celebrity is EIE or not, unless they're very obvious. Maybe if you can't pin-point their personality for sure after a long period of time and they are some sort of 4D Fe person, then there's a big chance they are EIE does have some truth to it.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, this big time. Many ESE's will push for people to "act appropriately" or "be less offensive, use manners" in situations where it seems totally unnecessary and it bothers me to no end. It's like they're ruining everyone's fun when people are having a good time just so everyone's on the same page and in agreement. Not that this is all ESE's, though, because there is variety with that type, too - what I'm describing is especially common of the superego enneagram type ESE's, while other ESE's are more lax and instead will mostly want to impose a constant upbeat atmosphere (which can also get annoying).

There are people I've seen walking around in public who I've thought must be EIE, usually with an LSI looking person. They usually stand out in some way, like an EIE woman I once saw at a gardening store who was dressed the classiest out of everyone there with her LSI husband. But I don't actually know anyone personally who I would type EIE, and the fact that EIE's can morph easily doesn't help.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some female celebrities who are EIE in my opinion (others might disagree):

Shailene Woodley
    Karen Gillan
    Katherine Waterston
    Caroline Hjelt
    Alyssa Sutherland

oh, and on youtube:
    Pelagea ASMR

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Shirley Manson from Garbage is EIE-Ni, and it was pointed out to me once that she even physically has Oprah's characteristics.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    I believe Shirley Manson from Garbage is EIE-Ni, and it was pointed out to me once that she even physically has Oprah's characteristics.
    YES. Also, when we talk about bombings and all, Ariana Grande :/

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I think about it, Sigourney Weaver with a shaved head looks a lot like Charlize Theron with a shaved head. I think Sigourney could be LSI.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Eva Mendez is probably the most obviously expressed EIE of Fe subtype. I just looked her up and it turns out she has 2 kids with Ryan Gosling, whom I've incidentally typed as Ti-LSI not even being aware that they are together and raising two daughters. So it looks like they are an example of a Fe-EIE + Ti-LSI couple.

http://www.eonline.com/news/835068/i...-private-world

Steve Jobs is another likely Fe-EIE who actually expresses this type. And a few other potential examples: https://archive.is/XvIoL

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I typed Ryan Gosling SEI with @AbZero, while Mendez is ESE.

Steve Jobs is a good hint but OP is looking for female EIEs Or maybe... Freudian slip... hmmm

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    I typed Ryan Gosling SEI with @AbZero, while Mendez is ESE.

Steve Jobs is a good hint but OP is looking for female EIEs Or maybe... Freudian slip... hmmm
    Uhh no I'm really looking for females

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i suspect Caitriona Balfe and Christina Hendricks to be EIE as well.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Holy sht Christina Hendricks is hot lol

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also her husband seems to be kind of the opposite of her, LSI or LII perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGvT5IJnxco

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Ryan Gosling, whom I've incidentally typed as Ti-LSI
    If you took boring and put it in a cardboard box, it would be Ryan Gosling.

I have a hard time getting past the Mormon missionary squareness in order to type him, so he could be Ti-LSI and I'd never know.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh yes my mom is EIE too and she is exactly like that. She will be so dramatic when she goes online to read the news - I hear sighs, gasps, "oh my god", etc. And then she continues to be shocked (or maybe just dramatically act shocked, idk) by any new negative thing that happens. She likes to believe in people. Additionally, she is quite eccentric and we are both very spacey with the physical - we are not good at things like sports. My mom is clumsier than me. She hates driving too. EIE obviously can be great at sports and more "physical" things utilizing the body - but I think their strengths tend to be in the mental realm and in interactions with people. My mom exaggerates her emotions sometimes and it tends to annoy me. She exaggerates when she tells people about past events, whereas I tend to downplay things.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Okay so I recently discovered I might be an LSI-ti. This means that EIE would be my dual. To my malconcent I don't think I know any female ENFj's in real life, at least not typed ones by me. So I need help.

How do I discern female ENFj's from other females? Especially ESFp's, ESFj's and INFp's?
    Heuristics from an LSI-Se:

EIE vs IEI: IEI is very relaxed in body language, EIE is more high-strung. IEI-Ni's don't show much Fe in a way I can notice and IEI-Fe's do and I notice it and it has a quick but relatively short effect before it dies down. EIE is more like, over time you (as LSI) subtly get to spend more and more time "in" Fe mode, increasing effect instead of the short term things like with IEI-Fe.
    EIE vs SEE: EIE is much more subtle and careful with how to push something (especially the Ni subtype), SEE is always paying attention to the environment.
    EIE vs ESE: ESEs to me seem less intense with the Fe (my pov!) and EIEs are neurotic about body issues, if they try to give input on possible issues with your body's functioning, it'll come off as overworried neurotic to me, and I'll just have to calm them down. My experience so far. I never had that with ESEs, they instead just seem very easily caring about body related things and I will feel it's totally unnecessary and I have my own opinion instead but they are not neurotic with it, they instead actually try to solve for you the simplest things too (my LSI pov again with strong Si).

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Besides Oprah I cannot think of a famous or just "IRL" female EIE... The great majority of EIEs I have come across and known of were male for some reason, so I cannot really give you any exact practical advice in terms of discerning a female EIE from other female types per se.
    I'll add my own version of the OP's question. I'm asking everyone, not just you btw. How do you recognize those EIE males? I'm curious - for some reason I can recognize the females better and for the heuristics I provided in this thread I used only a couple male EIE examples, rest being female.

Fe leads tend to direct the emotional atmosphere but in a manner they deem to be appropriate. In that way, Fe leads are often actually quieter than ExFp's and more "serious" in comparison.
    The first sentence is kinda over my head as 1D Fe, really. I can think of *some* specific examples for this but I have no more general way to anchor that concept (of that process of how Fe base works as you put it) to observations, unfortunately. So that's not very helpful lol, at least not for the more subtle and serious expressions for directing the emotional atmosphere which is what EIEs will default to in many situations at least initially.

(This could be a matter of them being both Ej and Constructivist.) When they think a situation should be serious, they'll be serious. If they think it should be funny or humorous, they'll be humorous. And in that way, they'll try to form the environment to that.
    Again same issue. How would I tell if a situation should be serious on my own or funny or whatever, uh. I hardly pay attention to this on my own. So I can't really check if someoen else is doing this.

Besides all that, an EIE is going to display strong Intuition. I cannot really exactly tell you how to spot that, but in comparison to S types, it will be clear they have good Intuition.
    Well, I would say that becomes clear only if the topic comes to more complex issues. At least I don't notice it until then. I'd known one friend of mine for long years and yet I didn't figure out without help that they were Ni ego. Granted I was also a Socionics noob but I did have to have him tell me that he focuses on the future by default and not on the present like me before I realized how they were N>S.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    *posts nudes*

More seriously, Fe-egos in general are more likely to pick up on your little Fe-seeking probes.
    Like what Fe-seeking probes? Examples?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234