Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ISTjs and following rules, order, regulations: Socionics vs. the reality

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTjs and following rules, order, regulations: Socionics vs. the reality

I wanted to create a separate topic for this discussion since I've seen it come up several times without being fully studied and addressed. A major problem that I've noticed in many of socionics descriptions of (Ti,Se) type called LSI is that LSIs are described to be rule-followers who uphold rules, laws, order, and regulations above anything else, as the social mission of this type according to Stratievskaya.

I'm always surprised to read such descriptions of ISTjs how they are supposed to love rules, order, and regulations, when the socionics "benchmark" for LSI is Joseph Stalin - the man who went against the existing order, against every conceivable rule, against the regulations of his era, who defied the authorities and the government, a man who created anarchy and unrest in his country instead of keeping order, and used the ensuing chaos to make himself the head and chief of his country.

The question is: Is there something fundamentally wrong with the way socionics describes ISTjs, their behavior, in everyday life as well as how they go about achieving positions of power? On this very forum I've seen some posters quote these LSI profiles verbatim, but even those few members who self-type as LSI don't seem to agree with this. Doesn't this seem problematic?

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Yes, you're confused. LSIs don't love rules and regulations. Order is something entirely different. A law or a regulation tells you what to do and how to do it. This is why it falls under Te. The kind of "rules" that fall under Ti are more along the lines of organization and categorization. This belongs in this category, it doesn't belong in that one. This fits with this and that, but not with that.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I found strat's article on EIE and LSI duality helpful in this regard

its more like LSI builds a rule based framework around the ideological content and impetus conveyed by EIE. they don't have a problem starting from the ground-up, and in doing so placing themselves in charge. in fact its possible they prefer it that way

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I wanted to create a separate topic for this discussion since I've seen it come up several times without being fully studied and addressed. A major problem that I've noticed in many of socionics descriptions of (Ti,Se) type called LSI is that LSIs are described to be rule-followers who uphold rules, laws, order, and regulations above anything else, as the social mission of this type according to Stratievskaya.

I'm always surprised to read such descriptions of ISTjs how they are supposed to love rules, order, and regulations, when the socionics "benchmark" for LSI is Joseph Stalin - the man who went against the existing order, against every conceivable rule, against the regulations of his era, who defied the authorities and the government, a man who created anarchy and unrest in his country instead of keeping order, and used the ensuing chaos to make himself the head and chief of his country.

The question is: Is there something fundamentally wrong with the way socionics describes ISTjs, their behavior, in everyday life as well as how they go about achieving positions of power? On this very forum I've seen some posters quote these LSI profiles verbatim, but even those few members who self-type as LSI don't seem to agree with this. Doesn't this seem problematic?
    Living with an LSI mother as an LII daughter, she only really cares about rules when 1-) It is about her -and also people she cares about- safety and 2-) When there is someone being unfair (a kind of trigger for Ti-bases, it seems?) She kind of is an odd case since she ended up being a nurse and actually raised a child because she wanted to and also has kind of an experiment feel to it, which probably would have offended many other types. She often times does whatever she needs to as her work not because of any kind of absolute obedience but rather she hates when someone else have any ammo to shoot at her when in an argument. If she does her job properly, then no one can mess with her and if they do mess with her, she can fight back without having anything to be held against her. Her interactions with people always have this underlying theme.

Her Ti and Se cares about "order" but only as in "how can I find a shortcut for this" and "this really goes against my aesthetic pleasure so things should be in their order" way. She does, however, follow her own personal Ti-rules and regulations- ie "never give anyone any ammunition to hit you with especially in Fe matters" is a rule she always follows, or "be friendly and get along with people so you can keep contact with them for whenever you need something from them" or simply "there is this thing wrong here so I should point this out even if others don't like it" way. But Te order/regulations/rules? A lot flexible with them again, until something crosses her Ti or Fe. (or Se.)

(Also do keep in mind that she still does have going against authority thing but due to financial condition plus responsibility of almost being a single parent with a child in college, it is not as extreme. She still very much have her lone wolf who detest authority in her but simply goes about it in a more roundabout way than as obvious whenever she can. So no, she -to some extent- fakes being a perfect employee who follows the rules while it is more of careful planning and taking action when necessary on her part. She quickly finishes whatever she needs to do without much fuss and goes on with her day doing whatever she wants to/needs a human being to do.)

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSIs seem to be interested in ideologies, and they pick and choose those that they like and create their own rules, systems & protocols for themselves to follow, either ideology-wise or practical life shortcut-wise. That seems to be the extent of how the stereotype plays out IRL I've found.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for me, I only care about if I'm following rules, I would never attempt to push rules on others, because I hate those kinds of people. And when I'm following rules, I only follow the ones that work or make sense, or, I learn the exact rules so I know how I can bend them to get away with it. I am hardly much like the LSI descriptions. I live in chaos and I suck at time management. I do much better in a work environment where there is flexibility and a slower pace. I am currently becoming beyond burned out from strenuous minimum wage jobs, I'm one shit sandwich away from renewing my stripper license. I will be glad to be back in a job where I can make my own rules, choose my own customers, choose my own hours, outfits, etc. I'm exhausted from following others' orders for the last 2 years.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Ij temperament is a planner and ST-types seem to prefer everything quantified. Rules, orders and regulations is one way of quantifying that is also associated with planning structures so there is a fit with the ISTj persona. However, ISTj rebels may not follow any laws because their way of quantifying reality may be completely opposed to the general population. ISTjs want structure and usually have their own plans, which is not necessarily tied to established ways. The uninspired follow existing rules because it requires no thinking.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you go back to the basics of model A it's really quite simple:

Te rules (i.e. how to do things, best practices, instructions, etc): I tend to disregard these and more or less assume they're below me. I'll purposefully do something in a convoluted (and to a Te type, inefficient) manner for the hell of it. This can and has come back to bite me. But it also leads me to shortcuts in doing things that can put me way ahead of the competition. This tendency drives my SEE brother loony.

Ti rules (I.e. classification, organization, system design, etc): The best wsy to understand my mind I'm this area is to understand object oriented programming. I am constantly identifying objects in the environment, assigning properties to objects, assigning classes to objects, daydreaming of better classes, and experimenting with different groups in my mind. This allows me to process huge volumes of information and retain it for long periods of time. I'm also extremely flexible with these categories and classifications since I'm constantly toying with them and rearranging them in my head. This flavors every aspect of my life.

Fi rules (I.e. How to feel about people, how to greet people, etc): I'm quite rigid and inflexible in these. You'll see me get most angry when someone bends or disregards one of my Fi rules in a way I don't like or I feel makes me look bad. I don't have a very nuanced understanding of these and because I don't have a great deal of confidence in this area, I tend to toe the line

Fe rules (I.e. How to express myself, how to relate to the emotional environment, etc): I am damn near blind in this area. I need someone to guide me through these rules and cover up my blunders.

Just a disclaimer: I could be LII rather than LSI. But regardless, the F/T descriptions should hold true.
    Last edited by nokomis; 05-30-2017 at 10:40 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post

Well to me rules are very fundamental. Beyond the very immediate contact with tangible objects which doesn't need much of a systematic approach, as soon as any context beyond the absolute immediate one needs to be applied, I simply can't *truly* see things without applying rules / structure on them, so yes I see them "through" those. Before doing so, it's just data that's not discerned fully and I put it aside for later processing and it truly gets *noticed* when I've managed to see it through a rule or the rules of a system. And I keep to the rules stuff as consistently as a human being can.

But rule-follower? Eh, in a sense yes and in another sense no. Formalized rules are the domain of Logic (both Ti and Te have rules), and the rules that come from an external system without me having processed that system and having accepted it for myself in my own way, that is, it will definitely be interpreted through my already existing views, by comparison to other systems and so on, well, rules of such an external system I don't really accept. I can use them if I need to, yes, but that's about it. It is also entirely possible that I will accept that system after processing through it in that fashion, yes. I do see good rules as universal, applying to everyone and without exception.

So then... I'm able to go against the existing order if it doesn't make sense to me as long as I think I can get away with it. I would argue with authority too starting from elementary/primary school. With society on the whole, I do fit into a lot of the existing order rather well though wherever it makes sense to me and I suppose as a collectivist type it does easily make sense for many things with caveats that I'm also aware of and I do very much like the idea of progress and changing structures for the better.

Otoh, I'm not very creative so I don't often have ideas on that, though from time to time I definitely do have my own pretty deep ideas. But because of not being a very creative out-of-the-box Intuitive and because of seeing the limited resources/realities I'm more accepting of current systems than Intuitives would be. So that's another reason why the stereotype would put LSI as a rule-follower capable of accepting existing social order. This has truth to it in this way with the caveats as detailed above. And yes EIE does broaden the horizon there too.

Overall, no, I don't know where the confusion comes from for you. I have been MIA on this forum, can you please link me to those discussions you referred to? I'm curious. Because I really do think ISTj is very well described in Socionics sources. I agree with the ideas in most of those descriptions while keeping it in mind that it's not to be applied in a stereotypical or extremely literal way.

Stratiyevskaya's LSI description is pretty good as an example. Or this LSI-EIE duality description.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    The Ij temperament is a planner and ST-types seem to prefer everything quantified. Rules, orders and regulations is one way of quantifying that is also associated with planning structures so there is a fit with the ISTj persona. However, ISTj rebels may not follow any laws because their way of quantifying reality may be completely opposed to the general population. ISTjs want structure and usually have their own plans, which is not necessarily tied to established ways. The uninspired follow existing rules because it requires no thinking.

a.k.a. I/O
    I don't see myself as a planner tbh. Idk, LSI-Ti seems more like it than I am. The rest you did put very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I found strat's article on EIE and LSI duality helpful in this regard

its more like LSI builds a rule based framework around the ideological content and impetus conveyed by EIE. they don't have a problem starting from the ground-up, and in doing so placing themselves in charge. in fact its possible they prefer it that way
    Yeah, new framework would be jump-started by EIE's input. I can have my own deep ideas as I said but that Ni creative/Ne demo is pretty cool for this too. Talking to an EIE can be really really fertilizing to bring out deeper ideas. It's awesome to me. Then if any change can be created based on that... yeah, that's totally cool by me.

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    LSIs seem to be interested in ideologies, and they pick and choose those that they like and create their own rules, systems & protocols for themselves to follow, either ideology-wise or practical life shortcut-wise. That seems to be the extent of how the stereotype plays out IRL I've found.
    Yeah, the stereotype interpreted entirely literally seems like E6 soc-first instinct or something. A lot of the rules are for myself, my own life, too or for how I can interface with other people's systems. But I don't mind the idea of creating law that would apply to entire society. In the ideological sense it's very interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ApeironStella View Post
    Living with an LSI mother as an LII daughter, she only really cares about rules when 1-) It is about her -and also people she cares about- safety and 2-) When there is someone being unfair (a kind of trigger for Ti-bases, it seems?) She kind of is an odd case since she ended up being a nurse and actually raised a child because she wanted to and also has kind of an experiment feel to it, which probably would have offended many other types. She often times does whatever she needs to as her work not because of any kind of absolute obedience but rather she hates when someone else have any ammo to shoot at her when in an argument. If she does her job properly, then no one can mess with her and if they do mess with her, she can fight back without having anything to be held against her. Her interactions with people always have this underlying theme.

Her Ti and Se cares about "order" but only as in "how can I find a shortcut for this" and "this really goes against my aesthetic pleasure so things should be in their order" way. She does, however, follow her own personal Ti-rules and regulations- ie "never give anyone any ammunition to hit you with especially in Fe matters" is a rule she always follows, or "be friendly and get along with people so you can keep contact with them for whenever you need something from them" or simply "there is this thing wrong here so I should point this out even if others don't like it" way. But Te order/regulations/rules? A lot flexible with them again, until something crosses her Ti or Fe. (or Se.)

(Also do keep in mind that she still does have going against authority thing but due to financial condition plus responsibility of almost being a single parent with a child in college, it is not as extreme. She still very much have her lone wolf who detest authority in her but simply goes about it in a more roundabout way than as obvious whenever she can. So no, she -to some extent- fakes being a perfect employee who follows the rules while it is more of careful planning and taking action when necessary on her part. She quickly finishes whatever she needs to do without much fuss and goes on with her day doing whatever she wants to/needs a human being to do.)
    Yeah unfairness is a strong trigger to me. Interesting strategy about ensuring no ammo against her at the workplace. My motivation is a bit different, I just like to do things well, and very much like to excel beyond that if it comes to complex tasks. I can do shortcuts heh, but I don't really get the aesthetic pleasure thingy. That sounds a bit like SLI since they apply Ti for the Si agenda of having aesthetic pleasure. Ti as Base function of LSI does not follow such a Si agenda but the Si is definitely built into it by using it as data, just not as the agenda for the ordering done by the Logic (Ti). I'm not intending to retype your mom though, no. I suppose you could've just worded that there in an ambiguous way.

What do these Fe matters look like, can you say more? I'm really curious about that.

I don't really relate to the rule of "be friendly and get along with people so you can keep contact with them for whenever you need something from them". Like at all... does she have a strong Social instinct (enneagram)? I do however relate to "there is this thing wrong here so I should point this out even if others don't like it", haha oh well. Though with people who can Fe enough I become more attentive to the Fe side of things so I can deliver the criticism in a better way sometimes or I can even realize another perspective for the issue and let go of it entirely (not easy - takes either a very patient EIE, or an impatient but persistent EIE ).

I don't think I detest authority per se. Hierarchy in society is just what it is... I'll have my own opinion always, I'm a very argumentative person but I know how to work with authority if needed, and it doesn't involve detesting of them, it's just what it is, really, neutral or normal to me. If there is a serious problem with the authority in some place then of course, if any action can be taken, I will be happy to support such action against the authority but not simply because of them being authority but because of the actual problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    As for me, I only care about if I'm following rules, I would never attempt to push rules on others, because I hate those kinds of people. And when I'm following rules, I only follow the ones that work or make sense, or, I learn the exact rules so I know how I can bend them to get away with it. I am hardly much like the LSI descriptions. I live in chaos and I suck at time management. I do much better in a work environment where there is flexibility and a slower pace. I am currently becoming beyond burned out from strenuous minimum wage jobs, I'm one shit sandwich away from renewing my stripper license. I will be glad to be back in a job where I can make my own rules, choose my own customers, choose my own hours, outfits, etc. I'm exhausted from following others' orders for the last 2 years.
    Hmm a word on the rule pushing. I can be pushy to achieve goals and I push people for that and so in a sense I push rules because I go by those so that just happens naturally in the process. But it's not like I explicitly moralize about them in some long-winded way. I'm more like "do this" or "do this because (short reasoning)".

As for chaos - Ij types are to control the chaos in their framework. Probably due to the extra Se, I do like to refer to it as riding the chaos, feeling in control.

I would not want to stay with the strenuous minimum wage jobs either, it's very menial and degrading for anyone who aspires to anything at all in life. I don't think the issue of rule following is the problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by nokomis View Post

Te rules (i.e. how to do things, best practices, instructions, etc): I tend to disregard these and more or less assume they're below me. I'll purposefully do something in a convoluted (and to a Te type, inefficient) manner for the hell of it. This can and has come back to bite me. But it also leads me to shortcuts in doing things that can put me way ahead of the competition. This tendency drives my SEE brother loony.
    Hehh shortcuts. Yes if you have covered the system of something deeply, you can get ahead of the Te bases. I don't bother with doing things in a convoluted manner though, I don't see the point of that. I'll just go for optimizing processes and then do them the same way always. Unless I somehow see some way for more improvement. Sometimes I can even have an entire paradigm shift in my system. Lovely Ni moments!

Instructions are the domain of both Ti and Te btw. Depends how you go about it, the most efficient logical action oriented instructions (Te) or more deeply organizing the material to create the most sensible instructions (Ti).

Ti rules (I.e. classification, organization, system design, etc): The best wsy to understand my mind I'm this area is to understand object oriented programming. I am constantly identifying objects in the environment, assigning properties to objects, assigning classes to objects, daydreaming of better classes, and experimenting with different groups in my mind. This allows me to process huge volumes of information and retain it for long periods of time. I'm also extremely flexible with these categories and classifications since I'm constantly toying with them and rearranging them in my head. This flavors every aspect of my life.
    Are you like, LSI-Ti? Some of this went over my head with the daydreaming of better classes and mental experimenting. (I do see you mention LII possibility later, well, if you want to decide on this, we could discuss this.)

I do experiment a lot but I do the experiments in practice and I observe concretely, anything that I can point at or grab directly.

I do relate to the quicker processing of a lot of information after having built my system.

Flexible on the fly with the thinking, I'm definitely not that, but I do keep refining the stuff so in that sense maybe. (I can be flexible seeming in taking action though.)

Fi rules (I.e. How to feel about people, how to greet people, etc): I'm quite rigid and inflexible in these. You'll see me get most angry when someone bends or disregards one of my Fi rules in a way I don't like or I feel makes me look bad. I don't have a very nuanced understanding of these and because I don't have a great deal of confidence in this area, I tend to toe the line

Fe rules (I.e. How to express myself, how to relate to the emotional environment, etc): I am damn near blind in this area. I need someone to guide me through these rules and cover up my blunders.
    Fe isn't rules lol. Fi isn't rules either but faking it via Ti rules along with a little bit of "feely" concern works for that yah. (Maybe that feely concern is what motivates me to use the rules in that area.)

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laws inherently classify certain actions as either "legal" or "illegal" which is still a categorization which is why I associate them with Ti. Same applies to rules or regulations. You can abide by them or not. Rules and laws imply that there is a framework being built. That doesn't mean that Ti base types are going to follow the rules of society since there are many different frameworks that can be built and your own personal framework may not match up with that built by society. Te may create algorithms and processes but it tends to be very utilitarian in application (ultimately the result is more important than the rules or principles) and if you find a better way to do something than good for you.

Te is the external dynamics of objects which has little to do with laws or rules. Te is about the facts and processes. Laws are actually external statics of fields because as I stated above laws categorize actions as either legal or illegal.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokomis View Post

Just a disclaimer: I could be LII rather than LSI. But regardless, the F/T descriptions should hold true.
    Yeah, the F/T descriptions do hold true either way, and I like how you brought up the different sorts of rules each element falls under.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst
    If I cared enough about my job I would be pushier, but I'm low on the totem pole and don't have anyone under me that requires my instruction. When I train others I do lay out the proper procedures that MGNT expects. When I danced and the manager sent a new girl my way I wouldn't teach her anything that could take my money away but I did teach them safety because no one else would, told them don't get drunk, keep your eyes on your money, don't meet these people outside the club, etc. I just don't care about pushing others unless it directly effects me, only then I take action.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst
    If I cared enough about my job I would be pushier, but I'm low on the totem pole and don't have anyone under me that requires my instruction. When I train others I do lay out the proper procedures that MGNT expects. When I danced and the manager sent a new girl my way I wouldn't teach her anything that could take my money away but I did teach them safety because no one else would, told them don't get drunk, keep your eyes on your money, don't meet these people outside the club, etc. I just don't care about pushing others unless it directly effects me, only then I take action.
    Yeah that makes sense.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbZero View Post
    Laws inherently classify certain actions as either "legal" or "illegal" which is still a categorization which is why I associate them with Ti. Same applies to rules or regulations. You can abide by them or not. Rules and laws imply that there is a framework being built. That doesn't mean that Ti base types are going to follow the rules of society since there are many different frameworks that can be built and your own personal framework may not match up with that built by society. Te may create algorithms and processes but it tends to be very utilitarian in application (ultimately the result is more important than the rules or principles) and if you find a better way to do something than good for you.

Te is the external dynamics of objects which has little to do with laws or rules. Te is about the facts and processes. Laws are actually external statics of fields because as I stated above laws categorize actions as either legal or illegal.
    I liked your post with regard to Te and how law can be Ti just fine - just one thing, Ti isn't really as simple as a binary decision on abiding or not by rules and regulations That sentence of yours just came off a bit weird. But yeah, agree about the rest of your post.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbZero View Post
    Laws inherently classify certain actions as either "legal" or "illegal" which is still a categorization which is why I associate them with Ti.
    Except Ti creates its own categories, and people can't exactly have their own rules as to what is legal or illegal only which laws make sense to them and which don't. There is only one right answer as to what is legal in any given country - that which has been codified into law, made a standard. Interpretation of various laws could apply Ti of course, but the law itself is not.

Quote Originally Posted by AbZero
    Rules and laws imply that there is a framework being built.
    Not necessarily. A framework is something that ties things together in a way that holds them all up. A lot of laws do nothing of the sort and actually are in conflict with other laws if you try to tie them together.

Quote Originally Posted by AbZero
    That doesn't mean that Ti base types are going to follow the rules of society since there are many different frameworks that can be built and your own personal framework may not match up with that built by society. Te may create algorithms and processes but it tends to be very utilitarian in application (ultimately the result is more important than the rules or principles) and if you find a better way to do something than good for you.

The external dynamics of objects speaks to how something is done. The procedure. What actions are taken. Standard operating procedures (the rules and actions you must follow) therefore fall under Te.

Nokomis made a very good and accurate distinction between Te rules and Ti rules if you didn't read his post yet.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

m
    I hear you.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs don't need to think that hard about the law. LSIs are the law.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's also Golihov's description of leading Te and Ti that might help (I think both descriptions apply much more to the STs than the NTs of each group)

Te:
    Aspects in the Valued Functions by Dmitry Golihov

Te as leading function in LSE (ESTj; Shtirlitz) and LIE (ENTj; Jack London)

This person is very confident in his own knowledge. He lives by external rules or "charter" that he has thought up himself. He imposes his vision of the correct "order of things" in external situations and is conservative in this vision (his assessment of who should be doing what, etc.). Everything must be in its place; moving anything makes him want to put it back where it belongs. Has a strong notion of "my territory", of "ownership". Those who create a mess on his territory irritate him - everyone should know their place. Does not seek to change this status quo. If one asks why something should be done in this way and not another, he will reply that this is just how things are done without giving any reasons for it. It is as if he lives by that which he creates in the environment with his own hands; any changes made to this are seen as attempts to change his person. Once he has learned a certain rule, he will follow it throughout his life (2x2=4). Existing order must remain unchanged; if it is replaced by a new one, for him it is worse by default. Restoring order on his territory is self-affirming for him. He is well versed in the rules, the order of things: if you wish to get something done, he can tell you how you should act, which order or sequence of steps you should undertake, where you should go, what documents you should bring, etc. He knows how to assemble and disassemble anything and is confident in his ability to do so. Can spend hours with a soldering iron and parts, taking apart complex mechanisms. “If in my world there are stable and invariable rules and order, then I can live. If not, then I don't exist.” On his own territory, he acts as the boss and does not tolerate opposition. If his notion of territory is more widely delineated, his control may be extended to anyone who is on it. Their home is their fortress. If you try to explain something to him, sooner or later he will say "I got it" and interrupt you since he doesn't aim to attain an understanding. They are interested in facts of objective reality - these are not to be understood, but rather memorized, learned, evaluated, and implemented. For example, if one wishes to assemble and disassemble vacuum cleaner, there is no need to understand but only to remember how to do it, which part goes where. If the facts of his objective view of the world are changed, this irritates him, because he will need time to reevaluate and rebuild. His main criteria of activity is objective benefit that can be achieved. Living with such a person on his own territory can be done only in accordance to his rules, and sometimes he attempts to extend them to nearby territories, as expansion of borders is viewed as a useful activity from point of view that a person lives by this, meaning that by this expansion he will "exist" in even greater extent. To go elsewhere, to someone else's territory, and start dictating who is supposed to do what or how something should be done is fairly typical for him. Communicating with such person there is a persistent impression that he is always in the archetype of the boss - he likes to give orders even if he has not been empowered to it: "take this shovel, you will go dig up potatoes". He does not like those who spend their time irrationally and unproductively. He likes to confirm the factual basis of anyone's argument.

Ti:
    Aspects in the Valued Functions by Dmitry Golihov

Ti as leading function in LSI (ISTj; Maxim Gorky) and LII (INTj; Robespierre)

Very attached to his understanding of something, his thinking, his logic and concepts, confident and conservative in these. It is impossible to convince him otherwise, as he "lives" by this, but does not necessarily share his understanding with others. If his understanding does not converge with facts, then at times he will judge the facts to be of lower value. Any attempts at criticizing his understanding make him feel irritated. He knows how reason logically, but does not like to defend his vision of the situation: "Those who understood - understood, the rest don't have it in them". Thus he often surrounds himself with those who accept his logical judgments and who do not make attempts to dispute them. Changes his thinking with great difficultly and needs a lot of time to reflect on mistakes. Likes it when everything converges with the way he understands it. If this cannot be achieved - experiences irritation. Therefore, one can only persuade him using solid arguments. He is often skeptical of new information, if he is unsure in something: everything must be carefully weighed before saying "yes." His thinking is like a foundament - it is solid, something that can be "leaned on" in any situation, thus in this matter there cannot be any risks. It is difficult to require from them to immediately approve someone else's views. In general, he tries to understand everything first, and only then accept it for himself. If it is something he cannot understand, then mastering new information progresses slowly, since it is difficult to accept it for himself. Thus he can spend very long time learning something before utilizing it, even if the question is very simple.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Except Ti creates its own categories, and people can't exactly have their own rules as to what is legal or illegal only which laws make sense to them and which don't. There is only one right answer as to what is legal in any given country - that which has been codified into law, made a standard. Interpretation of various laws could apply Ti of course, but the law itself is not.
    Ti in Ego will see Ti as part of society.

Not necessarily. A framework is something that ties things together in a way that holds them all up. A lot of laws do nothing of the sort and actually are in conflict with other laws if you try to tie them together.
    Yeah, certain laws aren't very well justified. But there's a lot of logic (Ti included) in law in general and I really like the topic itself.

The external dynamics of objects speaks to how something is done. The procedure. What actions are taken. Standard operating procedures (the rules and actions you must follow) therefore fall under Te.

Nokomis made a very good and accurate distinction between Te rules and Ti rules if you didn't read his post yet.
    For this I already noted: instructions are the domain of both Ti and Te. Depends how you go about it, the most efficient logical action oriented instructions (Te) or more deeply organizing the material to create the most sensible instructions (Ti).

This of course applies to instructions for procedures too.

There's also Golihov's description of leading Te and Ti that might help (I think both descriptions apply much more to the STs than the NTs of each group)
    I like those, btw I think they apply to the Base subtypes of T lead NTs just fine (LIE-Te and LII-Ti). Though the Te example of that vacuum cleaner probably doesn't apply to any LIE, they are a bit more curious about internal workings of things than that with their high Intuition

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reality is in question so why not have an LSI speak for himself as an example to see what introverted logic is about.

Valtteri Bottas

I thought he could be ILI as well but he uses too much competitive spirit and is more attuned to language, overall Beta elements and hyper-Ij behavior.

Disclaimer: Don't trust an IEE talking about LSIs tbh. My is nonexistent so I have problems detecting it, I typed him through method of elimination

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSIs are much more eager to make up rules then follow them. Rules are their domain- they enforce the laws they see as necessary and disregard any they believe where made by people that know less then they do. Unlike SLEs and their creative Ti however LSIs do actually care about establishing order and driven more from their vision of how things should and less from opportunism, though their methods may often make it seem that way.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    LSIs are much more eager to make up rules then follow them. Rules are their domain- they enforce the laws they see as necessary and disregard any they believe where made by people that know less then they do. Unlike SLEs and their creative Ti however LSIs do actually care about establishing order and driven more from their vision of how things should and less from opportunism, though their methods may often make it seem that way.
    Totally agree, except that LSIs don't just blithely disregard rules if it would create political problems for them (Se). But they can very often adopt a rebellion / "damn the man" mentality like other Beta types if they disagree with the existing order.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Ok as for rule-following, a nice quick way I could sum up my approach to rules and systems of other people: I essentially am interfacing with them through my own approach. I find pretty foreign the attitude of some people who look up to rules and systems as being "above" them and submitting to them unconditionally without being interested in thinking about them. I'm more hard-headed than that, lol and I always reserve the last word for myself at least in my head if I cannot express disagreement officially in certain environments. It's a certain kind of internal resistance that I even find fun sometimes. Don't ask me to explain that though

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is pretty much what my LSI = Judge Dredd joke was about. 4D Ti is beyond norms, so it's more that they think in terms of laws than that they unquestioningly obey and enforce the laws like sheep. It's like how people think of Fe. Fe isn't "being a Stepford" and "being happy all the time" or whatever, it's just people who think in terms of how they and other people feel (ESE tends to want to be happy and relaxed since Si wants comfort, but I thought it was well-known that EIE is super dramatic and IEI is angsty poets who cut their wrists).

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I wanted to reply to these posts from the member type thread and looks like they are what started this thread so I'm replying to them here.

LSIs don't love rules and regulations. Order is something entirely different. A law or a regulation tells you what to do and how to do it. This is why it falls under Te. The kind of "rules" that fall under Ti are more along the lines of organization and categorization. This belongs in this category, it doesn't belong in that one. This fits with this and that, but not with that.
    Well, categorizing and some sorting and arranging and tying things together, this is very nonspecific language for defining Ti as an IE. Is this categorizing here again done without judgments like where you said "you can categorize without judging. It's done all the time, when you sort bolts, or arrange your closet, go to the library, find a parking place. Things have categories, places in which they go".

Ti is a Rational function which does have to make judgments about the relationships between things to categorize, to determine the place of a thing, etc.

This can be very individual as well since everyone will have their own idea of how to sort things, which criteria to choose. For instance - plants and animals and deciding which family, genus, species something is - this is highly contested all the time. And changes all the time according to new criteria, where whole branches of phylogenetic trees have been move or changed, especially now that DNA rather than physical similarities is being taken into account more and more for the divisions. Anyway, the sorting of things into categories like that is Ti. It's about how things relate to each other. How things fit together. What belongs where and with what. The only "rules" this follows are the criteria used in the sorting.
    This part isn't too bad but I don't see why you felt the need to put "rules" in quot. marks. They are rules pretty much, that criteria, based on some reasoning ensuring logical consistency.

Yes, the structure and the consistency, putting things into an order (in other words, organizing) - how things fit together - like I described with the categorization. None of this has anything to do with how you must do something. It's not about laws or regulations. Laws, regulations and procedure have nothing to do with structure, and everything to do with saying how things must be done. Ti isn't about how you do something, or following regulations - it's about organization, fitting things together to understand them.
    As for the bolded. The other big thing beyond Ti actually making judgments that you've been missing is how Ti works with Se creative. When Ti is applied in the real world through Se creative, its rules definitely do have to do with doing things. The action taken by Se depends on the Ti understanding of a system applied for the action. It's then about what you do, structured by the rules of the system as to what you are allowed to do, what you are not allowed to do and why. The reasoning for the why's of what to do or not to do is very much core of the Ti system. Ti with Se then goes beyond just fitting things together to understand them though yes, of course things have to be logically fitting together in a consistent system.

Then you state this quite strange thing that laws etc have nothing to do with structure. You can structure laws and regulations very well, and there is definitely a need for it or it'd be just some chaotic list of rules. Though of course I can see how some laws and regulations etc could be better structured and reasoned for... sigh heh. But, a regulation if applying such structure is then essentially a Ti system enforced via Se in tangible reality as law.

strat seems to think all betas are social instinct. She misses a lot for this reason. The small grain of truth in this though, has to do with loyalty to a system and application within it, but that is not about following regulations. It's about making a system work and how they fit into that system.
    For Ti lead it's about following their own rules and of the system they have in their head. So it's rule following in that sense. This can be an entirely mental system thinking about some ideas or can be enforced in tangible reality (Se) too especially if the lawmaker has the power for it. The Ti system of the Ti lead can also be a way of interfacing the Ti lead with an external system that they have their own take on.

And, when I said that for Ti in Ego Ti is part of society this* is what is meant by it. To a Ti ego, the Ti organization is very much visibly part of society's structures of things.

*: (You were quoting darya on "Any phenomenon is viewed by him as part of certain existing system, that is regulated by certain patters and laws, and a certain logical order, understanding which the LSI considers himself obligated. Under no circumstances can the LSI be "by himself", "thinking only for himself", "himself only for himself" - this contradicts the program of his intellect too deeply".)

Yes, again what I was describing - structure and organization. Prioritization also is part of organizing information or objects. Categories, and the "rules" for those categories such as "All blue objects go here and all orange objects go there" and "These are the most important, these are the least" not laws or rules such as "You must file this paper and only park on this side of the street" or "Everyone has to wear a seatbelt." These are two different kinds of things.
    The rule (still quot. marks, why?!) on how all blue objects go to a certain place is a rule as much as "only park on this side of the street". Absolutely no difference here in terms of how both are about taking action by an explicit rule. The reasoning behind each of these can be Ti or it can simply be a Te rule purely for efficiency of logical action without having reasoning for a logically consistent system (Ti) behind it. Ti can have a system about parking and Te could also utilize the rule on all blue objects (with the Ti side of the information which's also there regarding the logical relationship created about the properties of all blue objects being utilized for the Te agenda).

So no difference in terms of taking action by a rule for these examples of rules ("blue objects go here" and "only park on this side of the street") but a difference in the way you put it could be that the former you might only do for yourself and the latter is enforced on people by law. (Though you could enforce the former rule on blue objects too for sure. There is no difference in terms of that) That however does not make it Te. Enforcing the Ti law can be done through Se. What would make it Te is if its simply for logical action from the pov of what makes sense for efficiency without Ti having limiting rules on behaviour, and where what makes sense purely for efficiency of logical action does not come from an idea of a logically consistent system but is just usage of objective facts directly fitting for the action. The example of the rule "only park on this side of the street" actually easily limits such efficient Te action from the pov of a Ti system for say, consistently enforcing safety or some other idea.

Absolutely. This is all about the organization of information. Programming rules for instance are absolutely not the same thing as regulations and laws. Keeping track of accounting and having all of that information in order, again follows a kind of rule but it's something entirely different from the laws and regulations I was referring to. Categorizing, prioritizing, organizing, sorting, labeling -- those are the kinds of "rules" being discussed here once again. The military part is as mentioned earlier about finding a place within a system - some place where they belong and know how they belong.
    Programming rules can be part of a consistent logical system just like laws can be a consistent logical system too. They are the same thing then in this way. Keeping track of accounting can also be done by your own rules and your own Ti reasoning. Also, you refer to "categorizing, prioritizing, organizing, sorting, labeling" as "rules"? What were you even trying to say with that?! If you meant you have to do categorizing, prioritizing, etc by rules then sure. Then you were just wording this in a sloppy way.

I'm sure you can see by now what exactly is being referred to in every quote, and it's about structure and a system (of their own) and how things fit within that system. Not all will find the same things or same kind of system important, won't prioritize the same things or form the same categories Again categorization, sorting, organizing, how things work together, fit together, so on and so forth. And this is their own system, or one they adopt as their own in some cases, and it's not a system the way bureacracy is a system - instead it's about how one thing fits with or is connected to another thing. Hierarchy(Which is another way of saying Prioritization), Categories, Connections. It all boils down to understanding and making sense of things.
    Except bureaucracy can be viewed as a system of organizing things, too. The rules of a Ti system then get applied on Se material things. I don't know how you don't see that.

You can think about the rules of Algebra as more like Ti, where the rules of physics are more like Te. (Hopefully that comparison makes sense and I didn't just leave an opening for misunderstanding)
    Both algebra and physics can be approached with either Ti or Te.

All in all, you are consistently neglecting essential parts of Ti and saying that it is Te. You do get some parts of Ti but it's just not a coherent whole in your understanding. And you entirely miss how Se creative works with Ti. So I wanted to correct that post to make it clear for the OP of this thread about how it's a non-issue with what OP brought up as a quote from you.

A few more short comments.

here's an if-then statement with some food for thought. If Ti says there's only one right way to view anything, then Te says there's only one right way to do anything. Standards therefore, approved methods and so on are all in the realm of Te. Those who wish to standardize the process of typing whether it be through tests or what-have-you are wishing to enforce Te, not Ti. The whole idea of an approved canon is Te-based as are all standards of that nature. Regulations, standard operating procedures, laws - all in the realm of Te.
    Not very good food for thought. Since if Ti is about the right way of viewing things then law is Ti actually, since law is a way of viewing things, too.

Actually the answer is again, both Ti and Te types can approach law, just in a different way.

But you've missed the point by @AbZero in his response to your ideas on Ti about how laws are a set of rules based on principles. Again, same issue as with your longer post that I replied to above. Missing essential parts of Ti.

All in all, your understanding of Ti and Te (and Se as creative function) fits MBTI better instead of Socionics.
    Last edited by Myst; 06-07-2017 at 11:59 AM. Reason: oops, wanted to edit the newer post

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst Don't quote or respond to my posts. Keep it in the other thread. That's why it's there.
    Last edited by squark; 06-06-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think of an NBA referee.

Teams try to out score each other to win the game, but if things get out of line the referee has to step in. Maybe a player travels, maybe he gets dirty and commits a foul, etc If the player does something out of line within the rules of basketball (Ti) the referee will step in to maintain order (Se). The referee has a sharp eye/detail for these things.

Now just apply this mentality to outside of basketball and you get LSI

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    Think of an NBA referee.

Teams try to out score each other to win the game, but if things get out of line the referee has to step in. Maybe a player travels, maybe he gets dirty and commits a foul, etc If the player does something out of line within the rules of basketball (Ti) the referee will step in to maintain order (Se). The referee has a sharp eye/detail for these things.

Isn't that more like an ESI?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Strictly speaking, yeah it would be. But the idea of seeing something out of place and stepping in to fix it could probably apply to both.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    Think of an NBA referee.

Yep that's a good example for enforcing things according to the regulations in general.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    What in it seemed ESI to you?

Committing a foul here is meant in an impersonal sense, a violation of the impersonal rules-based system that applies equally to everyone without exception. So it's Ti, not Fi.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Committing a foul here is meant in an impersonal sense, a violation of the impersonal rules-based system that applies equally to everyone without exception. So it's Ti, not Fi.
    ok, this sentence just confirmed Ti > Fi for me.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst
    I wanted to reply to these posts from the member type thread and looks like they are what started this thread so I'm replying to them here.
    Well, let’s get the whole thing in here then so everyone can see the content (and context)

All of this is off-topic entirely and I considered not posting anything, but might as well address it.

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    i'm confused as well since LSI's in general love rules, order and regulations. They are usually e6 or e1 and often take care that procedures and regulations are being followed correctly. Even one of the LSI subtypes is named Controller . The people I type as LSI are similar as these descriptions (not necesarilly as strict), so idk who the hell some other people are typing as LSI.
    Yes, you're confused. LSIs don't love rules and regulations. Order is something entirely different. A law or a regulation tells you what to do and how to do it. This is why it falls under Te. The kind of "rules" that fall under Ti are more along the lines of organization and categorization. This belongs in this category, it doesn't belong in that one. This fits with this and that, but not with that.

This can be very individual as well since everyone will have their own idea of how to sort things, which criteria to choose. For instance - plants and animals and deciding which family, genus, species something is - this is highly contested all the time. And changes all the time according to new criteria, where whole branches of phylogenetic trees have been move or changed, especially now that DNA rather than physical similarities is being taken into account more and more for the divisions. Anyway, the sorting of things into categories like that is Ti. It's about how things relate to each other. How things fit together. What belongs where and with what. The only "rules" this follows are the criteria used in the sorting.

Quote Originally Posted by darya
    Stratiyevskaya:

In its social meaning, [B]the logical program of the LSI is meant to be an alternative of any kind of the destabilization of his environment and surrounding structures: social, political, physical, biological, and so on. For this very reason, LSI's understanding of consistency, reasonableness, rationality is linked, first of all, to the organization of structural order (the "order of things") within the framework of some real, concretely existing system.
    Yes, the structure and the consistency, putting things into an order (in other words, organizing) - how things fit together - like I described with the categorization. None of this has anything to do with how you must do something. It's not about laws or regulations. Laws, regulations and procedure have nothing to do with structure, and everything to do with saying how things must be done. Ti isn't about how you do something, or following regulations - it's about organization, fitting things together to understand them.

Outside of the system the LSI never examines anything - such is the type of his intellect. Any phenomenon is viewed by him as part of certain existing system, that is regulated by certain patters and laws, and a certain logical order, understanding which the LSI considers himself obligated. Under no circumstances can the LSI be "by himself", "thinking only for himself", "himself only for himself" - this contradicts the program of his intellect too deeply.

And for this very reason this sociotype is characterized by certain conformism and loyalty with respect to the existing regime, since he attempts to find an application for himself within the existing ruling social system.

Due to the fact that representatives of this type consider themselves (and every other individual) to be a part of an existing system of relations, they consider any manifestation of individualism to be unacceptable for themselves, going beyond the framework of what is permissible, undermining and weakening of the social foundations, and introducing chaos and anarchy into the existing order of things. Therefore they see a special social significance in such activities as creation and introduction of instructions, procedures, social and juridical laws, establishment of standards and norms.
    strat seems to think all betas are social instinct. She misses a lot for this reason. The small grain of truth in this though, has to do with loyalty to a system and application within it, but that is not about following regulations. It's about making a system work and how they fit into that system.

Filatova:

Summary of Functions:

1. – Men of structure, which he attempts to find, incorporate himself in, follow, and perfect by the creation of rules, instructions and norms. He loves to collect things. Know how to work on large tasks, prefers to prioritize the most important thing and work in detail, then can move on.
    Yes, again what I was describing - structure and organization. Prioritization also is part of organizing information or objects. Categories, and the "rules" for those categories such as "All blue objects go here and all orange objects go there" and "These are the most important, these are the least" not laws or rules such as "You must file this paper and only park on this side of the street" or "Everyone has to wear a seatbelt." These are two different kinds of things.

Professional Assessment:

LSI is irreplaceable where the precise observance of rules, instructions, and technological norms is required. The ideal worker in manual labor, in the office, bookkeeping, traffic control service… Successfully realizes self in mathematics, programming and publishing work. Also in military service, where the precise army structure of subordination is established.
    Absolutely. This is all about the organization of information. Programming rules for instance are absolutely not the same thing as regulations and laws. Keeping track of accounting and having all of that information in order, again follows a kind of rule but it's something entirely different from the laws and regulations I was referring to. Categorizing, prioritizing, organizing, sorting, labeling -- those are the kinds of "rules" being discussed here once again. The military part is as mentioned earlier about finding a place within a system - some place where they belong and know how they belong.

I'm sure you can see by now what exactly is being referred to in every quote, and it's about structure and a system (of their own) and how things fit within that system. Not all will find the same things or same kind of system important, won't prioritize the same things or form the same categories Again categorization, sorting, organizing, how things work together, fit together, so on and so forth. And this is their own system, or one they adopt as their own in some cases, and it's not a system the way bureacracy is a system - instead it's about how one thing fits with or is connected to another thing. Hierarchy(Which is another way of saying Prioritization), Categories, Connections. It all boils down to understanding and making sense of things.

You can think about the rules of Algebra as more like Ti, where the rules of physics are more like Te. (Hopefully that comparison makes sense and I didn't just leave an opening for misunderstanding)

The discussion above, was regarding one aspect of Ti, not all of Ti as an element, but only what kind of rules fall under Ti. Some rules will fall under Te, others under Fi, etc. as mentioned in other posts this thread. It’s apparent that there are different sorts of rules. So everything above was discussing Ti sorts of rules. It was not discussing the entirety of Ti as Ti encompasses much more than rules, as do all the other elements. Once again for emphasis, Ti is much more than rules. Some rules fall under Ti, others under different elements, but none of the elements can be summed up solely as rules.

A point on the use of quotes around the word rules, as I see this being brought up and I only want to address it once. Quote usage follows standard conventions as in when you quote someone, so to quote a word could mean “the word some people use here” or “what I’ve heard said” as I just used them now. Often when someone refers to rules in relation to Ti, a lot of Ti is being left out, and it fails to recognize rules in relation to other elements, so it’s a way to de-emphasize the word’s association with the element, to question its best usage, or to show in what way the word is meant. Connotation is important and what's meant by rules and what's trying to be communicated with the word can be different.

Quote Originally Posted by squark
    LSIs don't love rules and regulations. Order is something entirely different. A law or a regulation tells you what to do and how to do it. This is why it falls under Te. The kind of "rules" that fall under Ti are more along the lines of organization and categorization. This belongs in this category, it doesn't belong in that one. This fits with this and that, but not with that.
    Well, categorizing and some sorting and arranging and tying things together, this is very nonspecific language for defining Ti as an IE.
    That is because it’s NOT defining Ti as an element. It’s talking about what kind of rules fall under Ti. That’s in fact the exact language used “The kind of "rules" that fall under Ti.” What this means is that there are different kinds of rules, and the kinds that are Ti are the sort that are regarding organization and categorization. The language is specific. And it’s not a definition. It’s an opening statement to begin the discussion. To reiterate what was said earlier: There are different kinds of rules. Different kinds of rules are related to different elements. No element is just rules. There is more to each of the elements, including Ti than rules.

Is this categorizing here again done without judgments like where you said "you can categorize without judging. It's done all the time, when you sort bolts, or arrange your closet, go to the library, find a parking place. Things have categories, places in which they go".
    That, as you know is a quote pulled out of context from an entirely different thread and isn’t even talking about Ti at all. I’m pretty sure I already told you that. Here, I’ll just quote myself again “It's clear from the context of the post itself what specifically is meant by judgement, and that it refers to value judgments. This also isn't a reference to Ti or using Ti” So, you’ve already been told once that this quote isn’t referring to Ti. I will tell you again: that quote is not referencing Ti. Should I tell you a third time? Will I have to repeat myself again when you quote it somewhere else?

Ti is a Rational function which does have to make judgments about the relationships between things to categorize, to determine the place of a thing, etc.
    Indeed. It is a rational field function. I don’t think that was ever in question.

This part isn't too bad but I don't see why you felt the need to put "rules" in quot. marks.
    Explained above.

As for the bolded. The other big thing beyond Ti actually making judgments that you've been missing is how Ti works with Se creative.
    Yes, I left out explanations about Se creative. That deserves some attention. But first, remember not to get Se confused with Te.

Te: external dynamics of objects (this is about what is happening, what someone/thing is doing)

Se: external statics of objects (this is about what something IS, the external characteristics of it)

Dynamics: Doing. Action. Time.
    Statics: Characteristics. Space.

The bolded sentence is referring to external dynamics of objects: Te.

Now for Ti and Se in LSI, I’ll refer to Filatova:

LSI is inclined towards realism – he’s interested primarily in concrete and actual problems, rather than hypothetical issues. LSI thinks deeply about any problem, tries to understand its essence and roots. When he doesn't understand something, he refers to established databases of information to check that everything corresponds to what is already known. In such situations, his mind starts to resemble a computer with a built in program, which he will follow without skipping a line.
    Se – Implementation of the program. Represents his volitional qualities – purposefulness, competitiveness, power to make things happen. These are the basic traits he relies on to realize himself in practice. Efforts of LSI move him to higher positions – to prevail in a group, to correctly apply his abilities and to qualitatively organize his labor in work that is deserved. LSI lives within a system of his own understanding. He is watchful that others around him respect his position. Simple disagreement with his opinion, he may take to be a challenge or a threat, an encroachment upon his position, and immediately rebuff the supposed aggressor.
    LSI possesses outstanding endurance and stamina. He tries to reach high quality in everything that he does – few can exceed him in the thoroughness, honesty and the aesthetic value of his work.

Okay, so as you can see from that, it means that:
    A. He’s interested in concrete problems rather than hypothetical issues
    B. He tries to understand the root of each problem, verifying sources
    C. His Se is shown in his competitiveness, his drive to excel
    D. May act aggressively to disagreement or lack of respect of his opinion and understanding
    E. Thorough: values quality

Filatova summaries Se in LSI as follows:

2. – He’s goal-directed and adheres to order and discipline, requires the same from others. This fact leads him to pursue a place as high as possible in the social structure fit for him. Is capable and loves to create comfort in his surroundings. An aesthete, he is oriented well in regards to his own health.
    Order, discipline, and achievement (and she throws in Si demonstrative too with the sections on comfort and health)

Again, don’t get Se Ti and Te confused.

When Ti is applied in the real world through Se creative, its rules definitely do have to do with doing things.
    People aren’t just blobs that float around in space, we use elements in real life of course. I don’t think anyone suggested otherwise. All of the elements are used and applied in real life to do things.

The action taken by Se depends on the Ti understanding of a system applied for the action. It's then about what you do, structured by the rules of the system as to what you are allowed to do, what you are not allowed to do and why.

You can structure laws and regulations very well, and there is definitely a need for it or it'd be just some chaotic list of rules. Though of course I can see how some laws and regulations etc could be better structured and reasoned for... sigh heh. But, a regulation if applying such structure is then essentially a Ti system enforced via Se in tangible reality as law.

For Ti lead it's about following their own rules and of the system they have in their head. So it's rule following in that sense. This can be an entirely mental system thinking about some ideas or can be enforced in tangible reality (Se) too especially if the lawmaker has the power for it. The Ti system of the Ti lead can also be a way of interfacing the Ti lead with an external system that they have their own take on.

To a Ti ego, the Ti organization is very much visibly part of society's structures of things.
    What you’ve said here, is actually Te. Some quotes:

from Filatova

Valid laws are essential since they are integral to the concept of objective reality and such institutions of statehood as parliaments, ministries, law courts, penitentiaries etc. Any form of society is impossible without valid laws, and therefore LSE relates with proper respect to facts that are guarded by laws; she is the innate lawyer.

And

For the logical extrovert the reality of the external world is above all. She is directed towards practical activity. The sphere of production and technology interests her.
    From Golihov:
    This person is very confident in his own knowledge. He lives by external rules or "charter" that he has thought up himself. He imposes his vision of the correct "order of things" in external situations and is conservative in this vision (his assessment of who should be doing what, etc.).

And

He is well versed in the rules, the order of things: if you wish to get something done, he can tell you how you should act, which order or sequence of steps you should undertake, where you should go, what documents you should bring, etc.

“If in my world there are stable and invariable rules and order, then I can live. If not, then I don't exist.”
    From Reinin:
    Function #1 – objective logic (Te): LIE is confident in his/her knowledge of the world of objects and social structures. He/she knows well all the traffic rules, legal codes, techniques, statistics, car mechanics. The stability of the surrounding world and the order of the world in general are important to a person of this type.

The rule (still quot. marks, why?!) on how all blue objects go to a certain place is a rule as much as "only park on this side of the street". Absolutely no difference here in terms of how both are about taking action by an explicit rule.
    One is a category. This belongs with this. It’s showing how things relate to one another. The other is a procedure/action you must follow.

If you said “You must put the blue objects in this box before you put the yellow objects in that box” that would be a procedure you have to follow, dynamic actions, and Te rules.

If you said, “Small cars belong in small parking spaces” that would be a categorization, so Ti rules.

The difference is in kind.

Keeping track of accounting can also be done by your own rules and your own Ti reasoning.
    You misread. It’s being used as an example of Ti rules.

Also, you refer to "categorizing, prioritizing, organizing, sorting, labeling" as "rules"? What were you even trying to say with that?! If you meant you have to do categorizing, prioritizing, etc by rules then sure. Then you were just wording this in a sloppy way.
    Was I wording it in a sloppy way, or were you processing it in a sloppy way? Could be either one. You may finally be starting to see why rules was in quotes. Nobody thinks about rules when they prioritize which tasks to do first, or when they sort papers, it’s an intrinsic kind of thing. Say “traffic law” though and immediately the idea of rules comes to mind.

Both algebra and physics can be approached with either Ti or Te.
    I won’t even try to explain the analogy to you, too much room for misunderstanding to begin with, it will not end well. I questioned whether or not I should even include that.

All in all, you are consistently neglecting essential parts of Ti and saying that it is Te. You do get some parts of Ti but it's just not a coherent whole in your understanding. And you entirely miss how Se creative works with Ti. So I wanted to correct that post to make it clear for the OP of this thread about how it's a non-issue with what OP brought up as a quote from you.
    I think if you read a bit more about Te, and look at the quotes I included, you’ll be able to distinguish it from Ti and Se. You’re not ready to correct anyone else’s understanding.

A few more short comments.
    here's an if-then statement with some food for thought. If Ti says there's only one right way to view anything, then Te says there's only one right way to do anything. Standards therefore, approved methods and so on are all in the realm of Te. Those who wish to standardize the process of typing whether it be through tests or what-have-you are wishing to enforce Te, not Ti. The whole idea of an approved canon is Te-based as are all standards of that nature. Regulations, standard operating procedures, laws - all in the realm of Te.
    Not very good food for thought. Since if Ti is about the right way of viewing things then law is Ti actually, since law is a way of viewing things, too.
    No, the law is not a way of viewing things. View: “a particular way of considering or regarding something; an attitude or opinion.” An interpretation of a law can be a view, as in when a lawyer argues in court, or a judge makes a ruling based on a law, but laws themselves are not views. They are not attitudes. They are not opinions. They are not interpretations. They are simply lists of regulations. Standards.

But you've missed the point by @AbZero in his response to your ideas on Ti about how laws are a set of rules based on principles.
    I addressed his points. You may have missed my explanations.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Well, let’s get the whole thing in here then so everyone can see the content (and context)
    Cool by me.

The discussion above, was regarding one aspect of Ti, not all of Ti as an element, but only what kind of rules fall under Ti. Some rules will fall under Te, others under Fi, etc. as mentioned in other posts this thread. It’s apparent that there are different sorts of rules. So everything above was discussing Ti sorts of rules. It was not discussing the entirety of Ti as Ti encompasses much more than rules, as do all the other elements. Once again for emphasis, Ti is much more than rules. Some rules fall under Ti, others under different elements, but none of the elements can be summed up solely as rules.
    You did try to mention more about Ti than just the aspect of rules. I found your summary on it very lacking so I added to it/corrected it. As for your strawman here, no one tried to claim in this thread or in the member type thread (where this originated from that I already linked to) that Ti is just rules.

A point on the use of quotes around the word rules, as I see this being brought up and I only want to address it once. Quote usage follows standard conventions as in when you quote someone, so to quote a word could mean “the word some people use here” or “what I’ve heard said” as I just used them now. Often when someone refers to rules in relation to Ti, a lot of Ti is being left out, and it fails to recognize rules in relation to other elements, so it’s a way to de-emphasize the word’s association with the element, to question its best usage, or to show in what way the word is meant. Connotation is important and what's meant by rules and what's trying to be communicated with the word can be different.
    I don't think it's a good idea to deemphasize that Ti information is information of logical rules-based systems.

Otoh, if you had the need to put "rules" in quot. marks then why did you not do so for the word "categorizing". That's also a pretty general word otherwise you know. So you weren't being very consistent there if your goal was deemphasizing general words in terms of associating them with a specific IE.

Well, categorizing and some sorting and arranging and tying things together, this is very nonspecific language for defining Ti as an IE.
    That is because it’s NOT defining Ti as an element.
    Doesn't justify use of such nonspecific language since such explains nothing fundamental.

It’s talking about what kind of rules fall under Ti. That’s in fact the exact language used “The kind of "rules" that fall under Ti.” What this means is that there are different kinds of rules, and the kinds that are Ti are the sort that are regarding organization and categorization. The language is specific. And it’s not a definition. It’s an opening statement to begin the discussion.
    Yeah except there is more to it than just categorization.

To reiterate what was said earlier: There are different kinds of rules. Different kinds of rules are related to different elements. No element is just rules. There is more to each of the elements, including Ti than rules.
    Obviously.

That, as you know is a quote pulled out of context from an entirely different thread and isn’t even talking about Ti at all. I’m pretty sure I already told you that. Here, I’ll just quote myself again “It's clear from the context of the post itself what specifically is meant by judgement, and that it refers to value judgments. This also isn't a reference to Ti or using Ti” So, you’ve already been told once that this quote isn’t referring to Ti. I will tell you again: that quote is not referencing Ti. Should I tell you a third time? Will I have to repeat myself again when you quote it somewhere else?
    You told me that, however the statement "you can categorize without judging" as applying to these actions of "when you sort bolts, or arrange your closet, go to the library, find a parking place" makes no sense for how a Ti Ego type thinks. Yes, I still maintain that assertion. Going to elaborate below.

And I mentioned this statement of yours precisely because it's part of your understanding of things so with you talking about Ti in terms of categorizing things here, I wanted to know if your understanding about categorization as such applies to this too.

Indeed. It is a rational field function. I don’t think that was ever in question.
    So what you are saying is that you do think Ti makes judgments for categorizations, yet you do not think this is necessary for arranging your closet or other actions in life. Ti egos do consciously process Ti information, hence they make conscious Ti judgments for these everyday life things too. Now I'm not saying you do not do this personally, I'm only talking about your understanding of Ti here. (Clarification: you may not have realized that you do this for those actions so this isn't about anything about you besides the theory itself here.)

Yes, I left out explanations about Se creative. That deserves some attention. But first, remember not to get Se confused with Te.

Te: external dynamics of objects (this is about what is happening, what someone/thing is doing)

Se: external statics of objects (this is about what something IS, the external characteristics of it)

Dynamics: Doing. Action. Time.
    Statics: Characteristics. Space.

The bolded sentence is referring to external dynamics of objects: Te.
    I assume by "bolded sentence" you meant one of the two lines for Te.

I don't need to be reminded to not confuse Se with Te, tho'. Maybe a useful point for some others reading if they are complete beginners to Socionics.

Now for Ti and Se in LSI, I’ll refer to Filatova:
    You didn't express what your point was with condensing that paragraph from Filatova (while you left out fundamental ideas from your condensing, too). You simply added at the end the generic warning about not getting Ti/Se/Te confused.

You still do not seem to realize that laws can be structured with Ti. Te just takes the objective (external) facts of the law for action while Ti structures for logical consistency so it does more with the laws than just taking the facts. But I already explained this. If it wasn't clear to you, well, you have not asked me what I meant by it (which I don't mind being asked about), you just simply seem to not have even registered it.

So where I said, "The action taken by Se depends on the Ti understanding of a system applied for the action. It's then about what you do, structured by the rules of the system as to what you are allowed to do, what you are not allowed to do and why" - if you think action by a system is always Te, then you do confuse Se with Te.

People aren’t just blobs that float around in space, we use elements in real life of course. I don’t think anyone suggested otherwise. All of the elements are used and applied in real life to do things.
    Nope, no one suggested otherwise.

What you’ve said here, is actually Te. Some quotes:

from Filatova

From Golihov:

From Reinin:
    There are just as many descriptions describing LSI as oriented towards laws. Do not neglect those. Seriously.

And no, it's not Te. Both Ti and Te can approach laws, just in a different way is what I was explaining. For some reason this isn't registering with you.

It's not Te in the way I described the Ti approach to laws as a set of rules based on Ti principles of an internally logically consistent system. You never ever emphasize this about Ti and this is fundamental to Ti. You for some reason clearly miss this about Ti. I did say your understanding of Ti resembles MBTI Ti more with that. You are also essentially missing what makes Ti as a consistently consciously processed IE if Ti is in the Leading function position, and what it means for Ti in Ego to see Ti as part of society. As an information element that's part of laws too from the conscious and strong Ti viewpoint in Ego, yes.

One is a category. This belongs with this. It’s showing how things relate to one another. The other is a procedure/action you must follow.

If you said “You must put the blue objects in this box before you put the yellow objects in that box” that would be a procedure you have to follow, dynamic actions, and Te rules.

If you said, “Small cars belong in small parking spaces” that would be a categorization, so Ti rules.
    No, the difference between Ti and Te is whether there is reasoning about the logical relations between things that's behind the rule for the action as a justification.

Again, Ti isn't simply categorizing and arranging and organizing, it does so to achieve logical consistency for a system.

And regarding that, you seem to have entirely missed this important part too about the difference between Ti and Te rules: "Enforcing the Ti law can be done through Se. What would make it Te is if its simply for logical action from the pov of what makes sense for efficiency without Ti having limiting rules on behaviour, and where what makes sense purely for efficiency of logical action does not come from an idea of a logically consistent system but is just usage of objective facts directly fitting for the action. The example of the rule "only park on this side of the street" actually easily limits such efficient Te action from the pov of a Ti system for say, consistently enforcing safety or some other idea."

Keeping track of accounting can also be done by your own rules and your own Ti reasoning.
    You misread. It’s being used as an example of Ti rules.
    It was not about misreading, you guessed wrong. I pointed it out for people who would want to associate it with Te first because I saw that happen before.

Was I wording it in a sloppy way, or were you processing it in a sloppy way? Could be either one. You may finally be starting to see why rules was in quotes. Nobody thinks about rules when they prioritize which tasks to do first, or when they sort papers, it’s an intrinsic kind of thing. Say “traffic law” though and immediately the idea of rules comes to mind.
    Grammatically it was definitely sloppy for you but nevermind the grammar part of the issue, I'm not even a native English speaker. So I only pointed that out because it was kind of lacking a real point put in that very sloppy way.

So rules of that kind. For Ti leads it is a more conscious thing than for other people. It may be half automatic due to quick processing but it's also conscious.

And, the way you put it, "Categorizing, prioritizing, organizing, sorting, labeling -- those are the kinds of "rules" being discussed here", there is a conscious lack of any reference whatsoever to a well-formed Ti system here, you are just listing actions.

I won’t even try to explain the analogy to you, too much room for misunderstanding to begin with, it will not end well. I questioned whether or not I should even include that.
    You don't have to.

I think if you read a bit more about Te, and look at the quotes I included, you’ll be able to distinguish it from Ti and Se. You’re not ready to correct anyone else’s understanding.
    I don't know why you keep guessing that I didn't read about Te or whatever. Your guess is wrong. Or that I'm not ready lol. It's actually coming off really weird that you try to assert this with zero evidence, purely based on wishful thinking.

Honestly though, you keep missing fundamental things about Ti so I dunno what you were doing for the last decade reading up on Socionics (doing it for a decade at least as per your earlier claim).

No, the law is not a way of viewing things. View: “a particular way of considering or regarding something; an attitude or opinion.” An interpretation of a law can be a view, as in when a lawyer argues in court, or a judge makes a ruling based on a law, but laws themselves are not views. They are not attitudes. They are not opinions. They are not interpretations. They are simply lists of regulations. Standards.
    Yes law in society is enforced but that does not mean that at least some of them were not created as a Ti intepretation of what's logically sensible and consistent. This is what I meant by view, and for Ti in Ego many things for the law definitely can be processed that way.

I addressed his points. You may have missed my explanations.
    I saw your post to him but it was not explaining a thing, was not directly addressing his point, you just put in some quotes here then you said you had to run and maybe you'll come back later to add your own thoughts. You never did.
    Last edited by Myst; 06-07-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it looks like this wasn't over with.
    Having read this mess of a post, I can see pretty clearly what the hangup is:
    The word "rule" is a cause for confusion... "rule" is not a good substitute for the word "logic"... rule implies the governing of the behavior of things - i.e. external objects. If you are using the word "rule" as a perfect synonym for "logic" you'll argue that Ti uses rules, but this is meaningless since the functions are all connected, everything uses rules, and it actually departs from the definition of rule (governing of things).
    On top of that, the functions are always operating in coordination with one another... you cannot even use reasoning without using an ethical function on some level. In your algebra example you have this faulty idea that only the logical functions are involved... this is wrong, every function is involved.
    What you're imagining as the internal reasoning process being Ti, with the use of algebraic rules, is actually Fi and Te. The Te is the abstract principles, Fi is the internalization of all those principles... the perceptive functions are pulling those principles out of storage and Te is applying them. Now, Ti (with some perceiving function) is the person checking for coherency as they solve the problem. Yes this process is related with Te, it's related with every other function too but it's simply not abstract, it's not an abstract principle - that's why it's connected to an extraverted perceiving function.
    In short - you're wrong, you have a faulty idea that "logical tasks" exclusively involve the logical functions, you mistakenly imply that functions operate in isolation (which is never the case) and as a consequence you misidentify the functions within one another, and you don't understand the ethical functions whatsoever.
    Last edited by rat200Turbo; 06-07-2017 at 04:20 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat1776 View Post
    Well it looks like this wasn't over with.
    Having read this mess of a post:
    The word "rule" is a cause for confusion... "rule" is not a good substitute for the word "logic"... rule implies the governing of the behavior of things. If you are using the word "rule" as a perfect synonym for "logic" you'll argue that Ti uses rules, but this is meaningless since the functions are all connected, everything uses rules, and it actually departs from the definition of rule (governing of things).
    On top of that, the functions are always operating in coordination with one another... you cannot even use reasoning without using an ethical function on some level. In your algebra example you have this faulty idea that only the logical functions are involved... this is wrong, every function is involved.
    What you're imagining as the internal reasoning process being Ti, with the use of algebraic rules, is actually Fi and Te. The Te is the abstract principles, Fi is the internalization of all those principles... the perceptive functions are pulling those principles out of storage and Te is applying them. Now, Ti (with some perceiving function) is the person checking for coherency as they solve the problem. Yes this process is related with Te, it's related with every other function too but it's simply not abstract, it's not an abstract principle - that's why it's connected to an extraverted perceiving function.
    In short - you're wrong, you have a faulty idea that "logical tasks" exclusively involve the logical functions, you mistakenly imply that functions operate in isolation (which is never the case), and you don't understand the ethical functions whatsoever.
    I don't think anyone equated "logic" with "rule" in some very general sense. Yes, in the sense of general information processing each IE has rules for its own processing.

With algebraic rules, I think it can be seen both from Ti and Te pov.

No one claimed that only the logical IEs are involved for many things. Actually agreed on how all IEs are involved in many things - that is a quite good note as a general rule for the mind's functioning. A basic idea for function models that even Jung already expressed is that the dominant function (Jungian term) or leading function (Socionics term) is the most consistently differentiated function - Jungian term basically meaning that the information type is pure, not mixed with other information types directly, as much as this is possible in practice. The rest according to Jung can be seen as "mixed" functions, not consistently differentiated. But otherwise, all functions or information types and their processing being in synchronization well are necessary for the mind's functioning optimally.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything has rules. That's the point. You can find Te anywhere you want to look.
    Do you remember the definition of "rule"? It is a principle which governs external things. Again, logic is not "rules". Logic is also relationships. For example, set theory goes on and on about relationships between empty sets. That's logic but there are no rules to it, because there are no THINGS involved. There are literally infinite relationships that are possible between empty sets in set theory, it's an infinite FIELD. A field has infinite potential, it is adaptable. A rule is a limitation on that potential.
    No, the algebraic rules are abstract principles. THey are governing external objects. They are not Ti. Period. Ok?
    As I explained, the internalization of those various principles is Fi. Fi stores that information for Te, and Pi will pull that information out of storage. It appears what you're imagining as Ti is actually Fi.
    Ti is not an abstract principle, at all. Ti is not a rule, at all. Ti is using fields. Ti is a distinct function from Te. It's entangled with other functions, entangled with functions like Te... it's not Te. Ok?
    You see Te in everything... you CAN see Te in everything, but Ti isn't Te.
    Now, Ti does rely on Fe (also external objects) - very much so.
    I don't think I can be much clearer without spending 20 minutes on this and even then I doubt it'd get anywhere.
    At the very least you should agree to shut up about this (like you already did earlier, apparently you were lying then).
    Last edited by rat200Turbo; 06-07-2017 at 04:51 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Everything has rules. That's the point. You can find Te anywhere you want to look.
    Do you remember the definition of "rule"? It is a principle which governs external things. Again, logic is not "rules". Logic is also relationships. For example, set theory goes on and on about relationships between empty sets. That's logic but there are no rules to it, because there are no THINGS involved. There are literally infinite relationships that are possible between empty sets in set theory, it's an infinite FIELD. A field has infinite potential, it is adaptable. A rule is a limitation on that potential.
    No, the algebraic rules are abstract principles. THey are governing external objects. They are not Ti. Period. Ok?
    As I explained, the internalization of those various principles is Fi. Fi stores that information for Te, and Pi will pull that information out of storage. It appears what you're imagining as Ti is actually Fi.
    Ti is not an abstract principle, at all. Ti is not a rule, at all. Ti is using fields. Ti is a distinct function from Te. It's entangled with other functions, entangled with functions like Te... it's not Te. Ok?
    You see Te in everything... you CAN see Te in everything, but Ti isn't Te.
    I don't think I can be much clearer without spending 20 minutes on this and even then I doubt it'd get anywhere.
    At the very least you should agree to shut up about this (like you already did earlier, apparently you were lying then).
    I'm pretty sure I already explained above with these same words that Ti is the reasoning about the logical relations between things that's behind a rule for an action as a justification. So the rule is part of it but the rule itself is hardly Ti as the IE itself. Pretty sure this is in line with Ti being a field IE, also.

By the way it was squark who said algebra was more Ti than Te, not me.

All in all, you completely misinterpreted the posts. You should go back and read more closely. But I do not see genuine interest in trying to get my viewpoint so yeah too bad.

PS: No, I only asked you to not talk to me about things outside Socionics theory. Socionics theory is fine. Stop doing the off topic or I'll have to report this too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, the rule isn't part of it. The rule is Te. Not Ti. And yet Te IS part of Ti, as is every other function. That is the point.
    Once again you misidentify the functions within one another.
    I do not give a flying fuck if you report that, or about what you demand that I do. Just so we're clear.
    You want to put me on ignore that's your right. Go ahead, put me on ignore if it bothers you. I'll just talk to everyone else in the thread, quote you and pick you apart if I see anything that's wrong, but you won't see it. Fine by me.
    By the way, I did read your whole knot of a post, but I'm not going over it again. We'll see what Squark has to say, my point was pretty much identical to hers after I read the whole thing.
    Carry onward

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

No, the rule isn't part of it. The rule is Te. Not Ti. And yet Te IS part of Ti, as is every other function. That is the point.
    I do not give a flying fuck if you report that, or about what you demand that I do. Just so we're clear.
    You want to put me on ignore that's your right. Go ahead, put me on ignore if it bothers you. I'll just talk to everyone else in the thread, quote you and pick you apart if I see anything that's wrong, but you won't see it. Fine by me.
    By the way, I did read your whole knot of a post, but I'm not going over it again. We'll see what Squark has to say, my point was pretty much identical to hers after I read the whole thing.
    Carry onward
    No, the rule can be either Te or Ti is my point. Go read up on socionics sources if you won't listen to my explanation on this :shrug

Your point was not identical to squark's, since you two disagree on whether algebra rules are Ti or Te.

Just so to be clear, I don't mind logical arguments. I was referring to off topic personal attacks with the PS.

Oh and nah, I never put anyone on ignore because I prefer to follow all posts in a thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI does not create the rules of society. LSI does not determine the rules of society.

Ti+ in LSI is 4D Inert. These rules and laws are accepted and incorporated over the course of the LSI's life. By viewing the world through Laws+, then through creative Force-, and to Relationships+, the LSI is the moral standard of society.

LSI does not engage in logical discussions. LSI engages in declaration of what is acceptable behavior, actions, speaking, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast