Thread: What are your goals?

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What are your goals?

This thread is for stating and updating your progress on your current goals. It can be from a new year's resolution you are currently fulfilling or something you're going to start in the near future. It can also be academic e.g. finish in Top 5% of class etc.

Other members are free to chime in and offer advice or even suggest goals for other members, but please refrain from anything other than constructive criticism when doing so. This thread is to encourage participating members to make real growth in at least 1 area of their life.

Members are also allowed to describe their current situation at any point and ask for achievable goals to aim toward, and are also allowed to post articles and motivational posters in moderation.

You can choose to continuously update your first post on this thread containing your goals or choose to post updates.

Good luck in achieving all of what you aim for!!!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool

Physical health that's all. Maybe some progress in dancing but that's secondary.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Cool

Physical health that's all. Maybe some progress in dancing but that's secondary.
    I had a feeling you'd be first *wink*

I also have health goals - I hope to hit 180 lbs with about 10% body fat (I'm 5'11). I've started hitting the gym again since a few months back so I'm making progress on this one.

I'm also looking into learning a new programming language, maybe Java or Swift/C as I know C# and a bit of C++ already.

I also want to finish my second song. I started making them ages ago and I've only completed one in about 7 years

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been considering going to grad school, so I'd like to take and do well on GRE/MAT. However, I haven't decided if that's what I want to do for sure. I want to find something that I really want to do that will hold my interest for the long term and I can commit to. So many times I take an interest in something, but it ends up being more of a whim than something I'm really serious about. I want to be really serious about something, I think. I'm afraid of getting myself trapped in something I don't want - wasting a lot of time and energy and potentially money as well towards something that was only a passing interest. I want to find something that I'll really stick with, and continue to want to do. So my goal is a trifactor one: Educate myself and prepare, find something I can really apply myself to, and go for it.

6/2 Addendum: I think I need to do something where I can solve problems, unravel things, sort things out clearly, and have this be appreciated.
    Last edited by squark; 06-02-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pay off loans so I can save money, so I can quit my job and retire before 40, so I can live in a small apartment and eat cereal every day.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I want to lose another 10-15 pounds. I've been counting calories and getting some light/moderate exercise every day. I've really been falling off the rails with food for the last couple weeks, and it hasn't affected my weight loss yet but I'm finally starting to feel it in my body the last couple days. I might increase my calorie intake and go more slow and steady so I don't have these compulsions to "treat myself" - it will prepare me more for long term maintenance anyway. I already have habits established for a 1200-1300 calorie diet so in order to bump it up a bit I need to figure out new meal and snack options.

get ripped af
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 05-23-2017 at 03:18 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have a goal to finish a beaded project that I just finished designing. It might take a couple of months.
    I have another goal to knit 10 pairs of baby socks by mid-June. I need to get to work on that. But baby socks don't take long to make.
    I have another goal to be conversational in Finnish someday, or at least be able to read Finnish posts on Facebook.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

make money and become independent from family
    find good friends (found them. Lucky me.)
    find someone who likes doing boring stuff so we can do boring stuff together and be perfectly content because life just needs to be lived
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 05-24-2017 at 01:18 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd like to change career to something more satisfying and future-oriented
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the next 4 month:

1. Lose 10 pounds, that I gained in the winter and haven't been able to lose ever since
    2. Graduate as Master of Arts
    3. Get my band to be more responsible
    4. Make an album
    5. Perform live

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some interesting goals so far . Losing weight seems to be a common one so I've found a good article on the Keto diet which a friend of mine is on and has only good things to say about.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very much like this approach to goals (especially as it's the one I take naturally, and has worked for me in the past) http://jamesclear.com/goals-systems

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are short-term and long-term. They'll definitely change in some way I'm sure.

1. Career goals: switch to a position at a university, probably in admissions. It won't be glamorous, but it'll give me experience. I want to work my way up to be a Study Abroad Advisor. I'd also like to get my Master's degree sometime. I would be content, but if I want to continue my education, I'd love to get a PhD and possibly lecture at a university. But I don't know about that last one. If I stayed an Advisor at a reasonably prestigious university, I'd sleep well at night. But the first goal is to get out of teaching.

2. Get a nice house in a nice community. I don't care too much about location, but staying in the U.S. may be more realistic due to citizenship reasons and all that. But the community part is super important. I want friends. if I could choose anywhere to live, it'd be Canada. I could use my French a bit, and I love cool climates.

3. Possibly work my way up to getting a husky or samoyed. I've never owned a dog, so I'd start with a small one and see how well I could do with a larger one of course. If I decide not to, gimme a kitty.

4. Learn at least one more language. Can't decide which one though. If I learn a language that has similar words and grammatical structures to French, I'd like to learn another one after.

5. Get a bit healthier. This includes losing some weight, getting better at cardio, and working on my flexibility. The thought of being super flexible is cool

6. Whatever I do, keep my current friends close and make new ones along the way. None of this will have been worth it if I'm in it alone.
    Always welcome typing advice. :]

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna:

-Lose 20 pounds or so, I've become skinny fat due to no consistency in exercises and way too much ramen

-Properly master Japanese once and for all, it's an emergency

-Improve my singing (specifically stability while moving)

-Getting a better poker face. Really.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    -Properly master Japanese once and for all, it's an emergency
    Does that mean I might be seeing you sometime soon? I've already met two female duals from the forum. It would be fun to be able to meet a potential identical next. And once you master the language, teach me, sensei...

I'll be going from Canada to Tokyo this June 19th, and I have the following goals I'd like to meet:
    - Upgrading my driver's license by taking a road test that 50% of people here fail on their first try, and pass on my first (or second ) try. Then getting an international driving permit before I leave.
    - Scoring at the highest level for the business Japanese proficiency test I'll be taking in Tokyo after the first week I land, if not acing the test (this latter part might be a little ambitious lol).
    - Passing the national JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test -- a general one) in the second most difficult category, which I'll be taking a few days after the previous one. My practical problem solving skills are much higher than my written raw vocabulary skills so I will need to study much harder for this one.
    - Finding a job in my chosen field in or around Tokyo that will give me a working visa (it's not teaching English btw).
    - Losing some more weight / toning up. My Canadian Arctic whale blubber will be no match for the East Asian summer heat, so I won't need to push myself too much with this one.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Move to somewhere more exciting, amass funds so I go a long time without even needing a job, find more hobbies, collect more guns, swords and survival gear.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Does that mean I might be seeing you sometime soon? I've already met two female duals from the forum. It would be fun to be able to meet a potential identical next. And once you master the language, teach me, sensei...

I'll be going from Canada to Tokyo this June 19th, and I have the following goals I'd like to meet:
    - Upgrading my driver's license by taking a road test that 50% of people here fail on their first try, and pass on my first (or second ) try. Then getting an international driving permit before I leave.
    - Scoring at the highest level for the business Japanese proficiency test I'll be taking in Tokyo after the first week I land, if not acing the test (this latter part might be a little ambitious lol).
    - Passing the national JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test -- a general one) in the second most difficult category, which I'll be taking a few days after the previous one. My practical problem solving skills are much higher than my written raw vocabulary skills so I will need to study much harder for this one.
    - Finding a job in my chosen field in or around Tokyo that will give me a working visa (it's not teaching English btw).
    - Losing some more weight / toning up. My Canadian Arctic whale blubber will be no match for the East Asian summer heat, so I won't need to push myself too much with this one.
    I'll be there for a while, so my conversational level won't cut it, have to really dedicate myself this time around.

Let's see how we do in our Nippon and weight goals, best of luck for us

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy some land near a lake and build a log cabin there.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    Buy some land near a lake and build a log cabin there.
    I own a house on a lake, at the edge of my town. It's only a half acre but private enough with the landscaping. I highly recommend it.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I very much like this approach to goals (especially as it's the one I take naturally, and has worked for me in the past) http://jamesclear.com/goals-systems
    This is good advice.

I have a system that has worked for me very well.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    1. The goal is the swole

2. Buy an apartment. I live close to my job, but it's in the middle of nowhere and all my friends live in the town. I'm currently the highest bidder on an apartment.

3. Get in a stable relationship. Not a very rock'n'roll goal but I miss it, and it's been a while since I made it work with someone. Lately it has only been short lived stuff that didn't work out.

4. Get a better job. I guess I have to go to university and get a degree, but I'm very reluctant to the idea. The best thing would be if I could get some other job without education, but I don't have the experience or education to get anything good that way. In either case, I won't stay at this job for long.

5. Start a family. I wanna have kids some day so that I can teach them everything I know and make them into better versions of myself. I feel like I need an outlet to put all my experience into, once I'm done with life I need to conserve all my knowledge into my children so that it won't go to waste. Because I've done so many mistakes, and I've thought about it long enough that I know I could guide my child into a better life style.

6. Millionaire. It's getting blurry this far into the future, I don't know how I will get there
    One down!

YWIMW

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I own a house on a lake, at the edge of my town. It's only a half acre but private enough with the landscaping. I highly recommend it.
    I think our conversation months ago was one of the factors in me devising this plan.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Move back to Los Angeles. That means possibly looking for a new career. For now I am doing all I need to do to hopefully get me there in my current career, but I am happy to switch to something else. I just need my green card first.

Maintain a cardio/strength/yoga program that brings me back to where I was two years ago. I really liked how curvy fit I was. I want to wear my favorite dresses again.

Get even better at staying zen and with myself when dating. I have come a long way, but it still feels fragile.

Cultivate friendships better. I can be flaky and get distracted and I hate it. Thankfully my friends are very forgiving. <3
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nothing particular. Just find new views, information, develop things and skills.
    Someday able to settle where I can continue what I wrote above.
    Try out normal life few secs.
    In a way it would be nice to get as low as you can. Going closest to Earth's core while being literally in lowest position you can go.
    It would be nice to see if someone could drill hole through the object (with solid core and good gravity) in space and test if you drop an object through it will act as an oscillator.
    To see how AI replaces politicians.
    Die in a weird way, maybe. It is just much more fascinating to leave things that way.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

strainingtobehappy happytobestraining's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Cool

I want to like you but if we're friends, you cannot talk about this. It pains me.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learn, keep up grades, and build on a resume to secure an internship in the tech industry.

Get better at playing the piano.

Fly on a Boeing 747 before they are removed from commercial service.

Enter a committed relationship with a woman.

Gain experience and secure a job in the tech industry.

Make enough money to be able to purchase a house and eventually support other humans.

Reproduce.

Make enough money to send my kids to college and retire comfortably on a forested mountain with snow on top, a beach at the base, and no other people (a movable space station would be an acceptable vacation home ).

Fertilize soil with my nitrogenous compounds.

Become one with the Universe.

Become god of the quantum fields.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 year later, I totally failed all of them but the last two

the problem was not knowing enough about the goals when I set them & not enough practice with that knowledge in mind.

this year I just want to be able to support myself and all my expenses and make more connections by the end of the year. And maybe pass one of the aforementioned language exams.
    Last edited by niffer; 06-12-2018 at 03:38 AM.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Make progress on creative projects
    2) Not have a mental breakdown
    3) Waste less time O_o
    4) Stay away from anyone sexually attractive

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Trying to develop self-discipline and to fix my diet and money-wasting habits is fast becoming a more serious goal. I'm not good at goal setting and I am not good at meeting goals. I only know what I feel like doing and what I don't feel like doing and the latter hurts. Usually I need a structure to force me to do things that hurt and that I don't feel like doing, or I use fear as a motivator. Like, I hate my job, but there are things I must do or I will be homeless. So fear makes me do things that hurt, but even then I can't make myself do very many of them and am not productive enough. At this point, I'm just very frustrated because I hurt all the time and it is so hard to get myself to do anything (and all that internal effort gets very little external work done). All these tasks hurt. All these interactions hurt. I feel like a person whose skin has been shaved off and everything cuts at it.

I am not trying to develop self-discipline because of work, but because I can't gain control over my life. My moods are all over the place and they control what I feel like doing or not doing, and a lot of me is oriented towards self-destructive habits and activities to escape the pain, including drugs and bad diet. I can't keep this up much longer. I don't know if it's already too late. My health is quite bad too and I don't know in what way it is bad, I only know it is bad. I could have cancer and be about to die in 5 months and I wouldn't even know. But I feel like I'm not okay at all, and I'm a mess inside that I don't know how to fix. And if I can't get self-discipline in somehow, I'm going to finish self-destructing.

- My other goal is about my moods. I am off my psychological meds now because I'm tired of how they feed my escapism. Sure, they make me more pleasant and agreeable and they make it easier to function, but I don't deal with any of my real problems when I'm on them. They made a life I can't endure more endurable and so I don't do anything to change it because I can't feel my pain acutely enough. They block my dreams and my imagination. So even though I may go a bit on and off them at times, the trend is towards being off them entirely because I'm tired of being medicated into being a personality that isn't mine. One feeling that happens when I'm off them, is I feel awake and like I'm really seeing the reality of this hell, as opposed to being subdued into accepting it. I feel like I have part of myself again that is out of reach while I'm medicated. So it's I have my whole but broken being as opposed to my "fake wholeness."

But with this comes worse mood swings. I go from being angry to weepy, hostile to affectionate, over and over, within the course of an hour. And I can't fully keep it from bleeding into my behavior and interactions with others, where it can be quite destructive emotionally, and even aggressive in terms of the emotion behind my words. I have developed from years ago when I couldn't be off my meds at all because I'd fall straight into this dark place and wouldn't be able to emerge (the black hole). I can control the black hole now, and I think if I keep trying I may be able to control my moods.

- Then there is my ego and narcissism--the other problem. I'm still too narcissistic and egotistical. And I'm so tired of it. I'm working on this as well but it feels like progress is so slow.

And about self-discipline and work I don't know what to do. My head hurts and I'm tired. One of the reasons I went so far on medication was it helped me do the work in office jobs because it's so hard to do these tasks. But the area I can improve is trying to space it through time better. I used to be good at that long ago before my mental health crashed. When I lost much of my memory ability, I kind of gave up because I couldn't see anymore. It was like I lost one of my senses and I can't function without it. But maybe if I fight for it, I can get it back.

-

So I suppose in short, my goal is, that I am chaos, my life is chaos, and I am trying to redeem myself in some sense, hoping that life will then reward me with a little bit of order, and maybe that will save me. And if I can save myself, I can be a better person to others. And I can stop living this dishonest life where I try to "fit in" in these work structures to survive while the real me is beneath the facade screaming.
    Last edited by marooned; 06-15-2018 at 10:39 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My goals are as follows: I’ll wake up around 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. I’ll be out of my place by 8:15 a.m. in a tight V-neck old navy shirt and jeans. Wu Tang is currently set to play in my car. As Wu Tang plays in my car, I will stop by the bakery for a quick bite to eat. Approximate destination time, 8:20 a.m. I’ll look to park in the front where my shiny black rims stick out like a sore thumb. Once inside, I will get in line if there is a line. I will probably order a chocolate chip muffin but there’s an outside chance it could be a plain bagel with cream cheese on the side or a sausage, egg and cheese on a plain bagel. If its the scrubby looking kid that takes my order, I definitely won't be letting him make me a sausage, egg and cheese in the backroom. I’ll get a large blueberry flavored hot black coffee with two sugars. I’ll pay and leave a dollar tip in the x-large plastic cup by the registers near the drink fridge. I’ll grab a napkin and go over to a table where I will sit down and eat the muffin (or whatever it is). If the owner is there, I will engage in some conversation.

Note, if I wake up as early as 6:00 a.m., I will probably do something related to Stackemup Typology. I may even post something on one of the examples threads and will probably state that I have merged my 3w4 so/sp section. If I wake up insanely early like 4:00 a.m. I will be really pissed and struggle to fall back to sleep. I can function on four hours sleep at high capacity, but not two hours sleep. My whole gym workout will be shot to hell.

After I leave the bakery, I’ll drive over to my business. I rent a space with another person who runs a different business. It’s inside a bigger building. That’s only about ten minutes away from the bakery. I have the keys to the building and nobody but me goes there on the weekend. Once inside, I’ll turn on the cool air and then unlock the door to my warroom. I’ll pick up on where I left off earlier today with regards to various projects and make a few phone calls. I’ve got somebody I got to set straight on something. I’ve been spinning my webs of deceit. It’s getting closer to the final act of my bold plan and all the traps and dupes are in place tehe. If you want to live big, there’s nothing you won’t do. I have found that it’s not being goal-oriented that laid the foundation for my success. It’s more just being opportunistic. I’m insanely opportunistic…..I have a great nose for opportunities and solid instincts for converting those opportunities into increased power.

I’ll do that until about noontime and then I’ll go get something to eat. Probably the local deli. I’ll get something like chicken with a corn on the cob as a side. Today, for example, I ate a piece of salmon with a side of beans with chourico. After I order I will get a bottle of water from the fridge, a plastic fork, knife and napkin and then sit down. She will bring the food to me once it’s done and I will tip her two dollars. Since it’s a Saturday, I will only run my business for half a day. I will next stop off at the pool hall for like an hour or so and trash talk. I’m the best trash talker there is so when you get me and this other guy (8w9 sp/so) it just keeps going back and forth for as long as we’re there….he is not as assertive a trash talker as I am or as loud but he won’t give in. This will give people enormous entertainment as my cracks get many laughs and dominate socially. After I leave there, I will stop at my place to change from jeans into work out pants. Then I’ll go right to the gym. Saturday is abdominals. So I will do fifteen sets of abdominals and then drive back to work. I’ll work until about five o’clock and then eat something for dinner. [Looking ahead, my goal is just to maintain my routine at the gym. Keep the pressure on my abs. Keep building muscle….I don’t want to bulk up for the winter but stay lean and mean, athletic. I’ll probably switch up routines because change shocks the muscle into growth. I will add in some supersets and maybe three months of frequency training…today I started to incorporate abs in between sets. Abdominals are muscles that recover pretty quickly so best to keep constant pressure on them.]

After that, I’ll come back home and go out into my backyard where the shed is. Inside the shed I’ll pull out a weed-whacker and do some weed-whacking around the parameter. I’ll do it until the battery on the weedwhacker has fully discharged and then use the second battery. I may also do some macheteing. I love working with a machete. Also have a hatchet for chopping up limbs (my favorite). Hehehe. [Looking ahead,I can’t wait for the winter to come. I love battling it out with the snowstorms. I run a tight ship when it comes to keeping my driveway clear. If it’s a big storm, I stay on top of that bitch like clockwork. Last winter during a big one, I put my bootz on every hour and went out in the middle of the storm to just go over that driveway so that snow never piled up to the point that I was not snowed in by storm’s end. I worked in shifts and towards the end the plow trucks would come by to barrel over the street and when they were done piles of snow edged the driveways and the lights of the trucks could be seen flashing on the other side of the street. I am right on top of them snow piles. Come back in dripping snot, beat red cheeks, frozen ears, socks soaking wet. Heat up some ramen noodles. Boom, back out an hour later staying on top of the storm. The shit is a great work-out for back, shoulders, legs, chest, arms, too – I’m just macho as fuck. Last year I even expanded out into the street shoveling lanes back and forth after I was done with the driveway…I wanted to shovel that whole street just to put my mark on it.]

The gym closes early on Saturday so at about 7:00 p.m., I’ll drive back to the gym and get on a treadmill. First, I will wipe the treadmill down with the liquid they have you can spray on paper towel. After I do that, I’ll set the television station on the treadmill to CNN or Fox and make sure the subtitles are on. Then I’ll do some leg stretches and then I’ll start the treadmill. I’ll keep pressing the up arrow until the speed lands at 4.8 and I’m jogging. I’ll do that for about 31 minutes and twenty seconds. I’ll then bring it back down to 2.0 and walk the rest of the time. I won’t wipe it down because nobody will be using it after me. I’ll leave, get in my car and drive back to my place. Once at my house, I will jump in the shower. I will take a shower, get out of the shower and dry off, then change into some clothes. I’ll then go and get lost in the nightlife.* I’ll meet some friends and look for those to pull into my schemes and webs of deceit like a blood-sucking reprobate. Hula-hoop girls will be in full swing. I’ll pocket a few numbers.

On Sunday, my goals are essentially the same but with variations. Instead of weedwhacking like on Saturday, my goal on Sunday for the 5:30-7:00 slot is to wash my car and rims. My most recent acquisition was a new pair of shiny black five star rims for my car. So it’s a goal of mine to maintain the rims and keep it shinin’ and having that soaked look when the sun hits it. I will wash each rim in a mild soap and water, then go over each rim with a coat of car wax. But I need to stop at the auto store to get four different sponges for each rim so the dirt from one rim doesn't end up another if I use the same sponge. I also need two new microfiber cloths. Then after the coat is on, I let it dry and then clean it off with a microfiber cloth. I like doing it by hand because it’s harder that way and you don’t have to deal with any of those nasty chemicals from car washes but that means I end up cleaning the whole car by hand. Looking ahead, I’ll take the rims off for the winter and put the old rims back on. I might have to buy new tires so I’ve got two separate sets of tires and rims rather than having to deflate the tires every time I go to change the rims. I also want to eventually install a kick ass system when I have the time-- after market radio, amplifier, and speakers – so sick of the noise made factory radio. gimme BASS POWER

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I want to move to a quiet place by the Virginia shore. I have hazy memories of when I used to live there when I was 4-5 years old and would like to return there someday.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To continue my studies of Islam, including the Quran.

To define socionics mathematically.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

continue newly-formed gym habit, cut down on unnecessary expenses, see more of city, acclimate to being able to dine alone in public, move in to new 2br apartment, develop better memory and task management skills, learn how to make spicy triple soup cuz that shit is the bomb, finish name of the wind, understand and dismantle the tendency for some ops people with authority to cut corners, optimize packing for quick business trips to reduce the hassle of going through security, start practicing data science again, master the understanding of bare data so I don't misreport figures., get car fixed

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

visible abs would be sweet, law school has got me pretty out of shape

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working on strenght and cardio would be great.
    I tried exercising today... LAME!
    I wouldn't mind visible abs either... : 3

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Update: I hit all my goals on Saturday with some caveats [I've hit these same goals day after day for awhile now I can call it a routine]. I woke up at 9:00 a.m. instead. So I lost an hour at work for that day but kept on track with everything else. I runs a tight ship so I don't like losses. I made the hour up today. In war-time, I'm usually up at 5:00. In wartime, I don't fuck around. I was in bed by 10/11 every night, up at five...already had the back of the morning broken over my knee by 8:00 am.

[Lesson one, be all in but flexible enough to take opportunities when they come. A small example, there's one machine for a particular shoulder exercise and about twenty barbells for another. I'm on the first set of the one with the twenty barbells and the one machine is currently unoccupied. I'm gonna jump on that one machine right away because I know that I can go back to the exercise with twenty barbells afterwards, but if I wait the two sets, there's a good chance somebody will have already taken it. Opportunism is a key ingredient.

Willpower and willfulness are the two most important assets. Willfulness means you're exercising willpower day in and day out. Willpower initiates. Willfulness does over and over. So its the willpower of a giant plus the willfulness of a pitbull...its said that the pitbull has a locked jaw such that when it gets a hold of something with its teeth, it doesn't let go.

Improvisation is often required. Last March, I had to book a last minute business trip out to Ft. Lauderdale to meet with a key contact/asset in regards to one of my more lucrative plans hehehe. I flew out actually at the tail-end of that Si Polr thread....I arrived on Tuesday Afternoon, check in, and then on Wednesday meet with the contacts and then fly back Wednesday night. but when I was in Florida my flight back got cancelled. By time I found it was cancelled Tuesday night and got on the phone with the operator all the good flights were booked up and the hotel I was at didn't have any availabilities. Either I could stay there a extra few days or leave on the red-eye the next day. I'm on business, I'm not here for pleasure. Book me on the red-eye, I says. And then I got to find another hotel, called up this one and that one, got a hotel closer to the airport, a swanked holiday inn with only one elevator up and down and under construction. You have to be at the airport a few hours before. Got my cab arriving at 3:00 am, boom. I doesn't do Ubers. Throw my cabbie a five dollar tip. Pick up three or four newspapers to read for the flight back. I'm out....as a matter of fact I remember the headliner articles of each newspaper....it was about all that controversy with the Trump campaign using information it mined from personality tests on Facebook. It was a good example of Trump's Ti-creative's emphasis on data collection.]

As I first left on Saturday yesterday, I sensed it would rain later on.

For breakfast, I does the blueberry muffin instead of chocolate chip. There were no parking spots in front, so I parked on the side (plan b). As I left the bakery, I took out the CD and pulled out my case of CDs. I've got metal, punk and rap CDs. I went with another Wu Tang CD that has like three or four great songs on it. The instrumental on one song Justice For All makes me murderously numb and like the eyes go into the back of my head so I drove a little way up past my business in order to hear the entire song play out. There's one part in the song where it sounds like the guy is just freestyling and then boom he switches up and says "suddenly you realize I'm you." I"m like, woahhhhh....that's fckin' sick, he just totally flipped everything around on me. Gets me every time.

For lunch, I went with a piece of chicken marsala and a side of cucumber, mozzarella, tomato mix in a tasty balsamic. The SLE-Ti 8w9 sp/so was not at the pool hall, so I couldn't really possess the scene to an extreme...I ended up playing against another guy, a classic IEE-Ne 1w2 sp/so. My 7w8 sp/sx friend across the way (who was playing a SLE-Se 6w7 sx/sp) jokingly said to me, "He said he was hoping you would come in so he could beat you." I laughed. I paid and I got my sticks out. I didn't warm-up, though. I racked them up and went to break. The guy I played said, "you don't want to take some warm-up shots." The 7w8 was paying attention. I self-assuredly said, "nah, no warm-up" like throwing an alley-oop over to the 7w8. "He doesn't even have to warm up," the 7w8 said. My mind immediately had a flashback to a scene from a back to the future movie where a character says 'where we're going, we don't need roads." So seconds later, I replied outloud, in an entertaining manner, "Where I'm from we don't need to warm up." Everybody laughed. Then another guy came up to me and told me that he won a pair of new sneakers in an online raffle. That's when the rains came. You could hear the drops beating hard on the roof. As the 7w8 and 6w7 took a break to go out and smoke cigarettes, the 7w8 teasingly said "He thinks he's better than us now that he's got those rims." I laughed, and then the 7w8 is like, "i got the spray in my car, man. those rims will be shining!" Since I got the rims, he keeps asking me if he can spray them for me with a spray he has for rims.

It rained and rained. I still ended up weed-whacking but the line on the weedhwacker wasn't catching as it normally does cuz the grass was all wet. I'll do more of it today, but cleaning rims is top priority for the 5:30 to 7:00 slot.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 08-12-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reincarnate into the Harry Potter universe.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also, marry my man crush:

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's war now. hehehe. ...a competitor trying to thwart a piece of my mega-plan because it will greatly undermine their position....specifically, a deal I worked on across states for close to two years to put together. These bastards don't want it to succeed but it will! I'll start with a threat and let them either fall right into the trap or get out before its too late. I've got many juicy things to bury them with should they decide to play. let's just say, "every battle is won or lost before it's ever fought." hehehehehe
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 08-15-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast