TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Cool Open Sex Role Inventory

Another Gender role test. ^_^'

The questions/statements themselves are rather silly, but the results seem to be surprisingly accurate?
    What do you think.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score for masculinity was 103.
    Your score for femininity was 86.

Your scores are plotted below (horizontal axis is femininity, vertical axis is masculinity).

I'm actually pretty feminine.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I took this before. I don't remember the results but this is probably close.

The OSRI scores on two scales: masculinity and femininity. Scores for each scale are set so that that the average score of everyone is 100 (with a standard deviation of 15).

Your score for masculinity was 96.
    Your score for femininity was 118.

Your scores are plotted below (horizontal axis is femininity, vertical axis is masculinity).

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

105 Masculinity, 107 Femininity. It put me in androgynous.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I took the test twice. The first results were:

124 Masculine, 85 Feminine.

Adam's Open Sex Role Inventory Test Result - reduced.jpg

In an effort to stress the test and to see how it responds to variant inputs, I took it a second time and answered the questions by ignoring outlier cases. For example, I ignored the one or two times I was really sick and kept the heat down to save money and wrapped myself in a blanket, or the fact that I sometimes jump up and down in excitement (I bounce when I walk, maybe it's the same thing?), or "I use lotion on my hands", because cleaning parts in kerosene dries out the skin and lotion replaces the lost oils, but I don't do it otherwise.
    With fewer outliers, I got

130 Masculine, 84 Feminine. Two standard deviations toward masculine, one away from feminine. Highly deviant, but I've been called that before. (jk)

I'm thinking about this, and I just can't believe I'm that masculine. It doesn't feel like I am. I just feel.....normal. For example, I don't engage in testosterone-fueled male contests, I'm not a Navy Seal, I'm not James Bond. A lot of the time I feel really wimpy and wish I could be more assertive. The only thing I can point to, is the fact that women have told me I'm very aggressive, but in a quiet, non-demonstrative way. Whatever that means.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I took the test twice. The first results were:

124 Masculine, 85 Feminine.

In an effort to stress the test and to see how it responds to variant inputs, I took it a second time and answered the questions by ignoring outlier cases. For example, I ignored the one or two times I was really sick and kept the heat down to save money and wrapped myself in a blanket, or the fact that I sometimes jump up and down in excitement (I bounce when I walk, maybe it's the same thing?), or "I use lotion on my hands", because cleaning parts in kerosene dries out the skin and lotion replaces the lost oils, but I don't do it otherwise.
    With fewer outliers, I got

130 Masculine, 84 Feminine. Two standard deviations toward masculine, one away from feminine. Highly deviant, but I've been called that before. (jk)

I'm thinking about this, and I just can't believe I'm that masculine. It doesn't feel like I am. I just feel.....normal. For example, I don't engage in testosterone-fueled male contests, I'm not a Navy Seal, I'm not James Bond. A lot of the time I feel really wimpy and wish I could be more assertive. The only thing I can point to, is the fact that women have told me I'm very aggressive, but in a quiet, non-demonstrative way. Whatever that means.

Maybe they meant passive aggressive? One thing I notice about you on the forum is that you can be more agreeable than Cassandra, for example, which is often seen as a feminine trait. When you do disagree you often make light of it.

A lot of those questions didn't feel gender specific to me though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

This test seems to mostly measure which gender you identify with.

In Adam's case, I doubt he ever feels like he's not a man.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your score for masculinity was 118.
    Your score for femininity was 72.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Your score for masculinity was 104.
    Your score for femininity was 105."

Reason is a whore.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Maybe they meant passive aggressive? One thing I notice about you on the forum is that you can be more agreeable than Cassandra, for example, which is often seen as a feminine trait. When you do disagree you often make light of it.

A lot of those questions didn't feel gender specific to me though.
    I'm not passive-aggressive. When I am aggressive, there is nothing passive about it. However.
    I try to defuse conflict in those around me, and I avoid it myself, if possible. This may be a result of having to get along with one violent parent and having the other in the military, IDK. But I can easily see that conflict can easily escalate into physical violence, so I try not to go there if there is no real reason to do so.

To assert yourself means that you have to be ready to ride that car right to the logical end, and few things warrant that kind of response. Nothing here does.

The times when I get aggressive are about twice a year, when someone knowingly, purposefully (not ignorantly) threatens my livelihood or the company itself. Everything else is fluff.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I'm not passive-aggressive. When I am aggressive, there is nothing passive about it. However.
    I try to defuse conflict in those around me, and I avoid it myself, if possible. This may be a result of having to get along with one violent parent and having the other in the military, IDK. But I can easily see that conflict can easily escalate into physical violence, so I try not to go there if there is no real reason to do so.

To assert yourself means that you have to be ready to ride that car right to the logical end, and few things warrant that kind of response. Nothing here does.

The times when I get aggressive are about twice a year, when someone knowingly, purposefully (not ignorantly) threatens my livelihood or the company itself. Everything else is fluff.
    That either sounds like a very balanced and low-key 8w7, or like an 8w9. ^^'

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    Disqualified
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your score for femininity was 84.

TIM
    sp/sx
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nothing to see here.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Maybe I am a low-key 8w7 or 8w9 too then.

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Maybe I am a low-key 8w7 or 8w9 too then.
    Don't you have a 9 fix?

Anyway...

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I try to defuse conflict in those around me, and I avoid it myself, if possible.
    This may be a result of having to get along with one violent parent and having the other in the military, IDK. But I can easily see that conflict can easily escalate into physical violence, so I try not to go there if there is no real reason to do so.

Don't you have a 9 fix?

Anyway...
    LOL yes but I was just going by what he said above that you said sounded like like a balanced 8w7 or 8w9. I am not aggressive unless someone threatens what is mine but for me it would be relationships > possessions.

I was raised around violence too (my aunt and later the area I lived in). I had a parent in the military. My aunt was pretty aggressive + sadistic. My mom can be both aggressive and assertive, depending. She can also be passive aggressive when she doesn't know how to express her most tender feelings.

Like him, I can easily defuse conflict and tension. I am more assertive than aggressive though. He said he wishes he could be more assertive so I wondered if the women meant passive aggressive because he said "women have told me I'm very aggressive, but in a quiet, non-demonstrative way. Whatever that means."

YWIMW

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What does it mean undifferentiated?
    What's the difference between undifferentiated and androgynous?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    What does it mean undifferentiated?
    What's the difference between undifferentiated and androgynous?
    Androgynous means being both strong in masculine and feminine qualities or fulfilling both those gender roles in a way.
    Undifferentiated means being both weak in those qualities or not fulfilling the respective gender roles.
    Undifferentiated fits the term "agender" the best, I'd say.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks @Cassandra for digging up all these interesting tests, where to read more about this? It would be cool to look into Bem's research and see how she went about it.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't take it yet but I will soon, just wanted to say that I think most people view me as fairly feminine because I'm open to things most "normal" (if toxic) masculine guys aren't, plus being bi and having a somewhat female bubbly personality. But when I took an official test like this with a therapist once I scored heavily on masculine, with an androgynous score second and feminine last.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score for masculinity was 124.
    Your score for femininity was 100.

OSRIi.png

As it goes, I feel like a person, not particularly female, just happen to be a girl, married a boy, have children, but I'm just a person. I identify with both girl and boy activities in general. I tend to like fire, explosions, nearly joined the Navy, love muscle cars, like building things, fixing things, IT kind of stuff. I'm not girly at all. Not masculine either. Just a person with a female body, and acceptance but not adherence to pink everything female. I love blue and red and nature and tech and birds and paper, glue, ink, stamping, making cards. I love taking photographs of mostly anything, less of people than everything else. I'm comfortable with how I am, it seems normal to me.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting low-key masculine/close to androgynous seems to be a common thing for me at those kind of tests....

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

congratsitsaboy.pngokay then...

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    HAH who gives a fooq, after that video I'm just like !

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am androgynous.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Repeat question: "I think a natural disaster would be kind of exciting."

Your score for femininity was 94.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Repeat question: "I think a natural disaster would be kind of exciting."

Your score for femininity was 94.
    Is that "undifferentiated"?

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    I am androgynous.
    So you got androgynous as a test result?

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    Yaaas.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

What about it is 8?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast