Thread: Ann Lamott

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ann Lamott

EIE or IEI, I think, sometimes; other times I question that and even wonder if IEE fits. She's a tough one for me to type, for some reason. What say you?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8fpOShNfeHI

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Lamott

Quotations:

"Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor."

"
    I loved every second of Catholic church. I loved the sickly sweet rotting-pomegranate smells of the incense. I loved the overwrought altar, the birdbath of holy water, the votive candles; I loved that there was a poor box, the stations of the cross rendered in stained glass on the windows."

"
    Life is really pretty tricky, and there's a lot of loss, and the longer you stay alive, the more people you lose whom you actually couldn't live without."

"
    No one tells you that your life is effectively over when you have a child: that you're never going to draw another complacent breath again... or that whatever level of hypochondria and rage you'd learned to repress and live with is going to seem like the good old days."

"
    Bananas are great, as I believe them to be the only known cure for existential dread. Also, Mother Teresa said that in India, a woman dying in the street will share her banana with anyone who needs it, whereas in America, people amass and hoard as many bananas as they can to sell for an exorbitant profit. So half of them go bad, anyway."

"
    I don't want something special. I want something beautifully plain."

"
    My parents, and librarians along the way, taught me about the space between words; about the margins, where so many juicy moments of life and spirit and friendship could be found. In a library, you could find miracles and truth and you might find something that would make you laugh so hard that you get shushed, in the friendliest way."
    Last edited by SongOfSapphire; 05-20-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That sounds way more Delta NF.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    That sounds way more Delta NF.
    Yeah, the quotes do. Fwiw I really like her writing.

I have been watching her speak this afternoon and I am thinking EII might fit well. She seems kind of... I don't know, stiff... for IEE.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SongOfSapphire View Post
    Yeah, the quotes do. Fwiw I really like her writing.

I have been watching her speak this afternoon and I am thinking EII might fit well. She seems kind of... I don't know, stiff... for IEE.
    And she tries to use introverted sensing a lot there. Especially here, you got an expression paired with that's a bit too much (usually the hallmark of the HA)

"I loved every second of Catholic church. I loved the sickly sweet rotting-pomegranate smells of the incense. I loved the overwrought altar, the birdbath of holy water, the votive candles; I loved that there was a poor box, the stations of the cross rendered in stained glass on the windows."