Thread: Rorschach Inkblot Test

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Aster; 05-19-2017 at 10:13 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I saw animals in most of them and people in a couple others.

"You have good logic, being a more or less balanced, constant person. Often, such a set of qualities is a sign of a quick-witted person. For women, this result may indicate a tendency toward pride and subconscious desire to be lonely. You are rich in large-scale plans and ideas that will be hard to implement immediately, start with small victories and a large-scale result will not take long.

You are a mature person, clearly understanding and accepting your inner world, your needs and desires. You are able to sympathize and empathize, you are interested in the emotions of your nearest and dearest. You aspire to do something unusual and original, combining ideas and solutions.

You tend to analyze your behavior and the behavior of the people around you. Perhaps, this way you try to find in their behavior the solution that will help you overcome the difficulties in your own interpersonal relationships or resolve the conflict with your close person.

You are not prone to rapid changes in lifestyle, first prefer to weigh everything carefully, and then get involved in an adventure."

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have good logic, being a more or less balanced, constant person. Often, such a set of qualities is a sign of a quick-witted person. For women, this result may indicate a tendency toward pride and subconscious desire to be lonely. You are rich in large-scale plans and ideas that will be hard to implement immediately, start with small victories and a large-scale result will not take long.
    You are not prone to rapid changes in lifestyle, first prefer to weigh everything carefully, and then get involved in an adventure.

they all looked like either people, animals, or mythological creatures to me. i think the final one was the most jumbled and abstract seeming that i had to struggle to give meaning to. one of them looked like people and two crabthings over their shoulders, i went with the crabthings as they held my attention. oh. and one was like a huge black blown out vagina, i don't remember what i finally settled on answering for it.

edit to be more specific...
    1. demonic thing in center raising arms over it's head in a "I have the power!" sort of gesture
    2.two monkish figures clapping hands
    3.two women facing eachother picking up jugs
    4.yeti like beast laying on back with his feat towards me
    5.butterfly
    6.the blown out vagina
    7.two female headed wasp/bees looking at eachother
    8.frogs climbing a fountain/waterspout
    9.(have to stretch to come up with something) sort of insectlike figures on top
    10. two floating robed figures in the middle with crab people over their shoulders
    Last edited by bgbg; 05-19-2017 at 08:17 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool... my psychology heart is fascinated *^*
    This isn't half bad with the inner world/unusual stuff, and convenience-inconvenience

1. Four dancers
    2. Two wonderful geishas
    3. Butterfly coming from a cave
    4. Behemoth with small head as it intimidates an opponent with spread arms/wings
    5. Majestic Moth
    6. Mythical clergyman as he preaches
    7. Two women facing each other
    8. A gigantic ship, bird's perspective
    9. Six female Baroque dancers
    10. Birds in a bevy

(Unsurprisingly, I see dancing things everywhere)

Most probably, you possess above-average intelligence level, all-embracing mindset. You are able to correctly understand the real situation, to assess the reality critically, but the high predisposition to excessive self-criticism can bring you a lot of inconvenience. In a stressful situation, your logic allows you to quickly find the right solution
    You are a mature person, clearly understanding and accepting your inner world, your needs and desires. You are able to sympathize and empathize, you are interested in the emotions of your nearest and dearest. You aspire to do something unusual and original, combining ideas and solutions.
    You are not prone to rapid changes in lifestyle, first prefer to weigh everything carefully, and then get involved in an adventure.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You have good logic, being a more or less balanced, constant person. Often, such a set of qualities is a sign of a quick-witted person. For women, this result may indicate a tendency toward pride and subconscious desire to be lonely. You are rich in large-scale plans and ideas that will be hard to implement immediately, start with small victories and a large-scale result will not take long.

(It's fine except for the large - scale plan thing)

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Result:

This test was poorly designed. It explains the meaning of the cards as specific things but none of the questions actually asked all of those things. I also have a lot of left-field answers that just translate to "you have issues" at this point (but isn't Rorschach inaccurate anyways?).

Everyone also pretty much got the same answer despite people like me putting in rather weird answers.

Edit: Weird answers:

1. A couple of dogs standing triumphantly
    2. A face with a giant nose and a beard sticking its tongue out like Einstein and he's been injured
    3. Hunched over ladies boxing
    4. Wild boar's head
    5. Bat
    6. Stringed instrument
    7. A giant fossilized spine
    8. Elephant-headed idol with a couple of panthers leaping up on both sides
    9. Two rearing stags on mounds
    10. Mantis shrimp fighting in a coral reef
    Last edited by Pallas; 05-19-2017 at 08:48 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Same as Wyrd's:

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

TBH, they all look like organs at first, primarily sex organs, (inside and out) at first glance. I had to focus a few moments to see them morph into other things.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    TBH, they all look like organs at first, primarily sex organs, (inside and out) at first glance. I had to focus a few moments to see them morph into other things.
    This is the kind of thing you definitely don't say on a professional test

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    This is the kind of thing you definitely don't say on a professional test
    Unless you have a purpose for doing so.

Sometimes getting someone's analysis (perception) on something you see as mundane is worth the risk. It is "good to know" type of information that can be drawn upon later.

Edit: I also doubt I am the only one here who saw similar at first glance.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Unless you have a purpose for doing so.

Sometimes getting someone's analysis (perception) on something you see as mundane is worth the risk. It is "good to know" type of information that can be drawn upon later.

Edit: I also doubt I am the only one here who saw similar at first glance.
    On some of them? Sure, that's considered pretty normal or not-strikingly-abnormal (most people probably have some sort of issue at some point in their life, even if it's just something temporary like financial issues or grief causing it). On all of them? That tends to suggest schizophrenia and probable sexual abuse.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    On some of them? Sure, that's considered pretty normal or not-strikingly-abnormal (most people probably have some sort of issue at some point in their life, even if it's just something temporary like financial issues or grief causing it). On all of them? That tends to suggest schizophrenia and probable sexual abuse.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread really reminds me of a class I had a long time ago where the teacher was calling people out asking them what they saw on cards and I got called and had to make something up more innocent than what I was actually thinking at the time. Who thought that was a good idea...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    I think I remember reading that 4 is supposed to be the acceptable number to identify sexual imagery in the cards. More or less than that is suppose to be bad. TBH, I only saw one where I immediately identified sexual imagery (Card 2). The others I didn't at first, but did see some later or after further inspection. Which is probably also supposed to be bad.

Edit:

Heh, yeah, I saw organs, some were sexual organs but some the internal kind so not anything particularly sexy. There is a reason for it too because of a conversation I was having right before but I didn't include that bit of info. I also saw lungs in a couple of them, the organs not forum lungs. It was the quick visual that reminded me of organs, before they morphed into other imagery. One of the most interesting images was 10. I thought it was kind of pretty.
    Last edited by Aylen; 05-20-2017 at 03:19 AM.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are all vaginas.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can impartially resolve life problems of life and stay objective. You try to rely more on rational thinking, rather than sensual impulses. You lack some spontaneity in decision-making.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I saw a lot of logical abstractions... not those feely ones..
    Those bolded parts makes me
    You are a mature person, clearly understandingand accepting your inner world, your needs and desires. You are able to sympathize and empathize, you are interested in the emotions of your nearest and dearest. You aspire to do something unusual and original, combining ideas and solutions.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quick analysis on results: says very little. Twists words and sentences around. Not critical.

= makes you feel better than horoscopes.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Quick analysis on results: says very little. Twists words and sentences around. Not critical.

= makes you feel better than horoscopes.
    They all pretty much say the same thing too. At least horoscopes have variety.

...Never mind that mine didn't say anything bad about my getting somewhat abnormal results (although what I've read has pretty much anyone aside from white, middle-class Americans getting somewhat abnormal results. Apparently my "Stringed instrument" response is actually typical in Japan but not anywhere else, but my "Elephant-headed idol..." in addition to too many animals would get me on every watch list ever. Wikipedia does a good job discussing this kind of thing. Rorschach just feels like an imagination exercise to me, and Wikipedia also points out that more imaginative people also tend to get more weird responses on them, but in real time this is in addition to the normal ones rather than instead).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My results sound like they might apply to a LSI or SLI:

"Most probably you possess above-average intelligence level, all-embracing mindset. You are able to correctly understand the real situation, to assess the reality critically, but the high predisposition to excessive self-criticism can bring you a lot of inconvenience. In a stressful situation, your logic allows you to quickly find the right solution."
    Last edited by uncivilized; 05-21-2017 at 01:11 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I saw:
    1- Some sort of demon creature
    2- Two guys with red hats high-fiving each other and bumping knees painfully in the process
    3- Two people lifting pails of water together and feeling love towards each other
    4- A close-up of the face of a fly
    5- A dead bat
    6- sex
    7- A girl with a ponytail checking out her backside in a mirror
    8- Pigs trying to climb a tree on an island
    9- Birth, growth and fire - all representing change
    10- A collection of various animals, some blue crabs, yellow birds and so on all working together to build something