Thread: LIE Appreciation

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    Too bad LIE's aren't my dual, I love 'em!
    The feeling is mutual.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Definitely not *all* LIEs, but many LIEs whom I know who are high quality people are kind, sensitive, intelligent, aware and also humble individuals. They're also quite good looking but don't flaunt it, they have a sense of grace to them.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend for years is LIE. She is the only LIE I know. She and I live far apart now and haven’t connected in some time, which makes me sad. Now and then I miss her in this very specific way... like a piece of me is gone. (Corny to say.) When we first became friends she began having dreams that someone was attacking me and she would kill them with a knife in the dream. I thought that was quite cool. This LIE I know is very creative — an amazing musician, a beautiful person, independent and confident, extremely bold, and she effortlessly draws people to her. I can’t say I know many of this type but knowing her so well i can say that LIEs are incredible people. I want them in my life; they have a very positive effect on me. But that’s exactly what I’m supposed to think as an ESI, isn’t it?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

in theory duals can be seen as like your missing other half and thats true, but in reality most people don't like their dual upon meeting them, unless they grew up in dualized families. or at least that's what gulenko says. I agree with him, but a lot of people swear they can identify their duals right off the bat. I know in my case that's not really true. I often wonder whats going on with people for a long time. I know some people I instantly like, but Ive been burned enough to know they're not all duals so I try not to associate immediate rapport with duality. a lot of that is personas (super egos) meeting in a relatively shallow engagement. I think the test of duality is when you close the distance does the relationship get better not worse, and the closing has to be sincere and allow for a degree of vulnerability. I think many people avoid even going to this stage so of course they don't know what duality is really about. I feel like its the comfort of real trust verified through authentic mutual support, where both people are absolutely being themselves and the other person receives it as just what they were looking for

Erich Fromm:"Love can be themselves and to preserve its integrity. Love is a paradox in which two beings become one and yet remain two. "
    people talk about duality a lot but making that leap to actually verify whether or not you're comfortable with the real person in front of you is I think something different, most people declare victory prematurely--perhaps in the hope that if they declare something to be the case it will turn out that way, but you only need to see how most their relations work out to see how uncommon in practice duality really is. true, people tend to marry their duals at higher than chance rate, but that's usually after many failed prior relations. people are failing more often than succeeding, but the good news is you only need to really succeed once

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12