just this song i think,

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why hasn't anyone posted anything?!!!

I appreciate how real ESIs are, at the same time it feels like they have just fallen from the clouds. I appreciate their observations, they see you, they see everything, quietly walking among crowds, they just know what is going on, and then share them with you. I appreciate that they never talk about something they won't do, they keep their promises and that is why when they are not sure they say "maybe" instead of "yes, ok" and because of that I really appreciate how easy it is to plan things with them. cutely stubborn. I appreciate that they notice what is bugging me even when I am not aware what it is and instead of standing there feeling sorry, they take action, they don't even need you to notice and appreciate, it is as if now that they know what is bugging you, it is their duty to do something, and then they expect nothing!
    I appreciate that when you win their respect, they will protect you and your rights, even if they are talking to an alien on another planet, even if you are dead, even if you will never know what they did for you, they still do it, and that is truly beautiful.
    I appreciate that they try to look so unemotional and serious but you talk to them, they start talking about poetry, and art, and culture, and then you see all these emotions pouring out of them, which they are still trying to gather, and then they smile and are lost in their world, and they let you see it and then you know you are not a stranger anymore.
    And many other things, but I had these in mind right now

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

a faceless "someone" amidst a rowdy crowd, which is cheering, feeding into the mindless mayhem surrounding a public execution. the man is shot. the crowd cheers even louder, but the faceless "someone" kneels down on one knee out of respect to the recently deceased... before they, too, are shot.

that's a gruesome depiction of the idiom, "run it up the flagpole and see who salutes". sometimes everyone does, sometimes no one does, but the point isn't who salutes, it's that you run that shit up the flagpole regardless. it's not about mass appeal, it never was, it's poetic justice. i acknowledge that the use of "duty" in this context is well-intentioned (ty <3) but i do tend to view it as the degradation of a person's existence into an endless stream of selfless service, as if that's the sole purpose of their existence. it's only a slight difference, but i usually prefer the term, "commitment to a cause", since it's less about lacking the volition to say or do otherwise, rather it's an abundance of volition that aims to bring an inner ideal to fruition. it's the sheer complexity of this inner ideal, there are no words, which was why i got a kick out of the song @Delilah posted because, true to form, there were no lyrics.

there's so much more to the type than simply that, but i feel like they (we?) have a natural chameleon-like quality, hence the individualistic bend.
    Last edited by wasp; 07-13-2017 at 07:06 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Strat says that ESI's stick with the program, once they give their promise.

I'm in the process of getting a loan, and I went in to see the loan officer, and she is an ESI. We spoke for a few hours about random stuff, including me telling her why the particular arrangement of the ball joints on her front suspension makes her car safer in accidents, and we kind of dualized.

So halfway through this painful loan process, she got another job at a different company, and I was concerned that I would have to start all over with someone else.

I emailed her with my concerns.

She said she would continue to work with me to ensure this loan happens, even thought she's not at that loan company anymore. I said “
    Thanks. That really is good news. I appreciate your work on this.”

and she replied “No problem—my pleasure. I could not abandon you now…lol."