Thread: 13 reasons why

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 13 reasons why

Googled, find some discussing it in MBTI saying clay is INTP which would correlate to LII. Most people seem to put hannah as feeler which would correlate with ethics preference. I want her as perhaps beta extrovert, maybe even logic ego. (First rule..., Second tape..., all the instructions, etc).

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched up to around the 8th tape side of the Netflix series and read a summary of the rest.

Hannah

I agree with you that Hannah is a Beta extravert; in particular, I think she is EIE. You're right that she has rules, but they are a very brief component of the tapes. If you look at the whole body of tapes, you aren't struck by a feeling of structure, of making everything that happened make sense within a framework. You are struck by overwhelming emotion--despair, empathy/sympathy, and, if you are one of the "reasons why," guilt. This is the work of an unhealthy Fe lead, determined to rouse powerful emotions within those she knew, even after she is no longer in their lives.

Her tapes--which are basically her suicide note--are primarily about other people, rather than her own emotions. She does mention how other people made her feel at times, but she does not go into detail about her feelings, only about others' actions. This strongly points to Fe ego over Fi ego.

So why EIE over ESE? From type descriptions, EIEs have more of a tendency toward trying to be a puppetmaster/manipulating emotions, and Hannah seems mostly to be trying to make people feel maximally guilty, but also giving them false hope that they can keep things covered up (when clearly the jig will be up once the tapes get to the school counselor). I'm also pretty sure it's statistically true that intuitives are more prone to depression than sensors. I could see ESE though, if someone else has a good argument for it.

Clay

Obviously introverted. Probably not Si lead (considering his refusal to shower at some point lol). Doesn't vibe as Ni lead at all. So probably Ti or Fi lead. I would argue against LII/EII. His actions like sending everyone a photo of the yearbook photographer kid's butt, and keying the athletic kid's car, seem more Se creative than Se PoLR. LII/EIIs would not be prone to taking actual vengeful actions, they would probably mostly just sit around moping that their true love is dead and regretting that they could have saved her but didn't. Even if they did want to take actual vengeful actions, they would try to plan them more, rather than doing them on the spur of the moment.

So LSI or ESI? As a socionist who thinks Hannah is EIE, obviously I want to say LSI. But I think Clay is actually ESI. The LSIs I know are too spunky to have let Hannah slip through their fingers like that, while the ESIs I know are more sensitive like Clay seems to be. Perhaps those are just the ones I know though. Liking nerdy things like Lord of the Rings/astronomy is often used as a proxy for being a logical type, but I think that's a rubbish rule of thumb.

Clay seems to be reacting to the tapes more through Fi than through Ti. A lot of the Ti leads I know would be criticizing how various aspects of the tapes don't make sense. Hannah was so dear to Clay that he could be led along by her emotions even as an LSI, but there would be at least tiny bits of natural resistance/hesitation from his brain popping up throughout his listening, I think. Instead, Clay basically succumbs wholly to the tapes, only trying to stop listening once, when they make him feel too sad, which I think is more characteristic of an ESI.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of thought Hannah was IEE... Seems far too nice for beta even when she's being "bitchy". I know for a fact any beta extravert would go back at Jessica as hard as they could if they were slapped by her, even EIE, not just let it slide. Seems Delta values overall, despite intuitive feelings manipulation and all (NOT out of bounds for IEE...). I can see EIE, too, though. For Clay, I thought SLI, but LSI is my second choice.

Jessica - SEE
    Justin - SLE
    Alex - Gamma introvert?
    Tony - SEE?
    Skye - ESI
    Kat - SEE/ESE
    Bryce - SLE
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚