Thread: INTJ in both MBTI and socionics

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTJ in both MBTI and socionics

I have done so many tests, Myers-Briggs and socionics... Results always tell me I'm INTJ. I started with Myers-Briggs so I know I probably am INTP in socionics, but no. Not one test has told me that I am INTP. I have read numerous descriptions... On the internet I sometimes don't even know if they are talking about MBTI or socionics, but the result is the same. I don't agree with the INTP description. (or at least I agree with INTJ much more).

Why doesn't the type shift from J to P (or vice versa) in some people... Does it give me new information about who I am?

And just from curiosity: do I seem INTJ when you read my comments in this forum?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

I also score the same (INFP) on both the MBTI and Socionics Sorter. It seems like the socionics sorter uses the same criteria as the MBTI for determining P/J. I think the INFP description, particularly the unflattering, secret one at socionics.com totally describes me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kristiina, I've also tested INTJ on every test I've taken. If you read the j/p explanations on this site or socionics.com, it says that generally the test results are the same. It's the functions that are different.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just taken the online socionics test and got classified as INTj.

I also classify as INTJ in Meyers-Briggs.

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

I guess my type as IxTP in MBTI, but IxTp fits better than IxTj to me. Perhaps it's a common matter about introverted Ts, maybe all introverted types.

I'd like to hear opinions by Fs and whom on the E/I borderline.

Creepy-

Default Re: INTJ in both MBTI and socionics

Yes, I'm an INTJ in both descriptions and you sound exactly like an INTJ to me. Your post is a typical example of INTJ thinking - here's what the "rules" say, but my own observations conflict with that, so the "rules" must be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I have done so many tests, Myers-Briggs and socionics... Results always tell me I'm INTJ. I started with Myers-Briggs so I know I probably am INTP in socionics, but no. Not one test has told me that I am INTP. I have read numerous descriptions... On the internet I sometimes don't even know if they are talking about MBTI or socionics, but the result is the same. I don't agree with the INTP description. (or at least I agree with INTJ much more).

Why doesn't the type shift from J to P (or vice versa) in some people... Does it give me new information about who I am?

And just from curiosity: do I seem INTJ when you read my comments in this forum?

hmmm, didn't post my username with my post - tried logging in again to see if it will work.

Hi, I'm kellenheller, new to this forum, but have been following type theory for a long time now.

Creepy-Monica

Default Re: INTJ in both MBTI and socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina

I think that it may have something to do with your subtype. I'm not sure about this but from what I've seen that has been the issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also tested as INTJ in both MBTI and Socionics.
    INTJ

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought it was just me that thought the MBTI and socionics descriptions of INTJ to be essentially the same person.... i was thinking that perhaps they are describing the same type, but either a) disagree on the order of the functions that produce that type, or b) the exact definitions of the various functions are slightly different so much so that both function structures are acceptable, given the definitions each assign to the function names.

Creepy-pokeball

All tests but one type me as a borderline ENFJ. One, which took into account nurtured functions, typed me as an MBTI INFJ. They all seem right on for me which I find humorous especially considering that when I started learning all of this (however many years ago), I couldnt say with accuracy which NF I was. But after much introspection, the closest probability lies in ENFJ.... even though I can identify with all 4 NF's.