ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Delta Villains?

Make Delta evil again!!

...eh. Just kidding.

But are there actually some archetypal fictional baddies in our quadra? It would be interesting to see how their wickedness plays out given that they devalue confontational , scheming vision and grand people player as it is typically perceived as rogue, refering to the stereotyped villain association of Beta which should be given a break.

Who I came up with is Christoph Waltz in multiple roles I think he portrays Delta's playful psychological/interpersonal intricacy (Ne and Fi) plus physical ruthlessness of efficiency (Si with Te) very well. Playing the villains, he usually manages to make his opponents uncomfortable body- and mindwise until they break.

Starter pack: A list of villains to maybe collect typings and inspiration from.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

delta villiany is going along with beta merely so as to not disrupt their own equilibrium, i.e.: every Nazi and Communist who never believed in the cause but enforced it or failed to speak against it anyway

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think Delta villainy is more... collective, tends towards more ostracizing, socially bullying, snobbish against those who are in the "lower ranks", "evil mother-in-law" kind of behavior.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Edward Norton LSE played a Neo Nazi in American history X
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sandman in Spider-Man 3 seemed SLI. He might be more of an anti-villain, though, in the sense that he merely wanted to help his daughter obtain the mountains of cash she needed for medical treatment. I think you could argue the real villain in the movie is the system that forced him into committing crime.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    delta villiany is going along with beta merely so as to not disrupt their own equilibrium, i.e.: every Nazi and Communist who never believed in the cause but enforced it or failed to speak against it anyway
    If there were a dislike button on this site, I'd press it twice for this post.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    If there were a dislike button on this site, I'd press it twice for this post.
    It's more likely that Nazism was actually Delta ideals enforced by Beta, like an innate sense of racial superiority and xenophobia. But obviously that has essentially to do with far-right ideologies.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    It's more likely that Nazism was actually Delta ideals enforced by Beta, like an innate sense of racial superiority and xenophobia. But obviously that has essentially to do with far-right ideologies.
    what is it with betas and taking responsibility

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aiming at LSE is probably Vader:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Well I think Delta villainy is more... collective, tends towards more ostracizing, socially bullying, snobbish against those who are in the "lower ranks", "evil mother-in-law" kind of behavior.
    Babes, read my description properly next time. This thread is for concrete fictional examples and archetypes, not IRL history and society.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DMV
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Make Delta evil again!!

...eh. Just kidding.

But are there actually some archetypal fictional baddies in our quadra? It would be interesting to see how their wickedness plays out given that they devalue confontational , scheming vision and grand people player as it is typically perceived as rogue, refering to the stereotyped villain association of Beta which should be given a break.

Who I came up with is Christoph Waltz in multiple roles I think he portrays Delta's playful psychological/interpersonal intricacy (Ne and Fi) plus physical ruthlessness of efficiency (Si with Te) very well. Playing the villains, he usually manages to make his opponents uncomfortable body- and mindwise until they break.

Starter pack: A list of villains to maybe collect typings and inspiration from.
    He looks a doppelganger of a LSE neighbor/friend.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't think that LSE's would choose evil side. They are clever and smart and would play the evil side and then walk away lol

LSE's typically have strong morals however there are a few bad seeds and those just don't have the energy to keep it up as unpleasant feelings deteriorate the overall mood and vital energy
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-11-2017 at 04:50 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I don't think that LSE's would choose evil side. They are clever and smart and would play the evil side and then walk away lol

LSE's typically have strong morals however there are a few bad seeds and those just don't have the energy to keep it up as unpleasant feelings deteriorate the overall mood and vital energy
    The regular LSE doesn't get their limbs cut off by their mentor only to get seduced by this guy:

So Darthy is obviously a special case of villainousness, he has some solid reasons

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    He looks a doppelganger of a LSE neighbor/friend.
    Yeah, the expression is just... dang Creasetopher Walters, your Te chin game is strong!

Uncanny!

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't think type apartheid should be allowed to continue with any level of seriousness. That would obviously be rather de-humanising and not at all constructive.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I don't think type apartheid should be allowed to continue with any level of seriousness. That would obviously be rather de-humanising and not at all constructive.
    I like apartheid it speaks to my aristocratic nature

Why don't you go hang out with your democratic quadrant and take joy in your democratic tendencies and beliefs

This is an aristocratic thread

We're making Delta evil and we're excluding you because you are a prude
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think examples will include Lawful Evil, Lawful Neutral characters and systems, and perhaps Choatic characters and systems who in the eyes of the hero are limiting personal freedoms or messing about with the Truth. Forms of collectivism (as @Singularity suggested) and individuals in a vein similar to Robin Hood could be examples.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I like apartheid it speaks to my aristocratic nature

Why don't you go hang out with your democratic quadrant and take joy in your democratic tendencies and beliefs

This is an aristocratic thread
    I can't say I have time for the Reinin dichotomies. I also don't see why you insist on believing you know everyone better than they know themselves. It doesn't seem like a remotely realistic position to hold in general.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not if Vader and Anakin are the same person. That kid's an Fe/Ni.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Not if Vader and Anakin are the same person. That kid's an Fe/Ni.
    I considered this, he switched character from Beta to Delta extro It's the time difference, Vader came first and Anakin later so there's no coherency.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought that Vader was EIE... but I don't know too much about Star Wars.

The movie "Dogville" is actually a Delta village gone wrong... but there's no clear villain or anything.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've always thought that Vader was EIE...
    Yes. EIE for Vader/Anakin makes sense.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Other types of villains may include asocial or apathetic characters, characters who delight in their pleasures at the expense of others (e.g. "The Town", or as some other unrighteous lust), perhaps taking advantage of their position in The System and maintaining the status quo (generally something depicted as oppressive).

I was going to suggest that film genres such as the Western, the Space Opera, War, and Jidaigeki films may be full of examples, but I realised that this would be true of any quadra.