TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Angry Expose Something Thread

LET'S GET COUNTERPHOBIC.

Expose a government, a corporation, people handling our money, literally any industry on this planet, people of authority (from politicians to celebrities to teachers to cashiers). Either post sources or personal experience to roast the injustice off this earth. Can be a global/broad exposure or a short account/research of a practical detail from daily life like in the examples below.

Exhibit A: Mascara.
    Has surprising potential to be harming or even lethal. Depending on usage and brand, things can get serious. And you wouldn't even know because mascara is such an ingrained cultural practise and 'natural' habit for women, nobody would even suspect it could be deadly.

Some common indgredients:

• Propylene Glycol - can cause acne, inflammation, an allergic or negative respiratory response.
    • Retinyl Acetate - manipulates cells and biochemicals, can even cause gene mutation.
    • Coal Tar Dyes - contains heavy metals that are absorbed into the bloodstream easily, even if the application is on lashes. Carcinogenic.
    • Paraben + Dioxane, triclosane, musks - manipulates hormones, carcinogenic.
    • Aluminium Powder - may lead to increased amount of mercury in your body. Related to Alzheimer's disease.
    • Fragrance - Covers up coal tar dyes in scent. Irritates the eyes.
    • Staph Bacteria - not actually an ingredient, just grown in the tube, found in 79% of all used mascaras by women. 33% microbes in another investigation, including streptococcus. 3 months (that's what beauty sites say) or even less than that and fungi can grow there as well.
    • Paraffin - may cause cancer to kidney and renal system, skin irritant.
    • BHA, BHT - Carcinogenic, affects hormones, production's harmful to aquatic and land animals.
    • Formaldehyde releasing preservatives - Carcinogenic. On the label as DMDM hydantoin, diazuli dinyl urea, imidazolidinyl urea, methenamine, quaternium-15.
    • Sodium Laurel Sulphate - Irritant of the skin and eyes, also used in cleaning products & toothpaste.
    • Phtalates - cause cancer to lungs, reproductive system, liver, kidneys.
    • Literally everything in waterproof mascaras - prolonged use and lashes may first wither becoming brittle, then begin to fall out.
    • Silica + Polyethylene Gylcols - Needs high concentration, but still can cause cancer, allergies, respiratory issues.

TL;DR: Common mascara is extremely toxic.

I stopped wearing it, that stuff caused me the eeriest of infections. 3 months of use and you're literally smearing an illness (and even more dangerous stuff, since preservatives that prevent harm break down with time) on your lashes. Please research for natural alternatives - although I wouldn't trust these either, the process of coating your face hairs in stuff is damaging in and of itself - or go without, throw away your vanity/fear/social ideals even if it's tough. This extends to many other products (e.g. traces of lead in lipstick, infection risk of fake nails...) and really needs a boycott. If you're so indoctrinated by the beauty industry and want to give them even more money for your suffering, lash extensions are a good alternative? Nope, the glue used contains similar things as listed above, formaldehyde is one of them. Also, corneal abrasion can happen. Make-up - 'beauty' in general - is poison, accept it, tell other people & don't use it. If you want, I'll also get into plastic surgery here. But that gets REALLY and truly ugly. I'd rather not, common sense should be enough. On the flipside, don't support unrealistic ideals to reduce the pressure and therefore market.

Sources: x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x

Exhibit B: Popes.
    (for purposes of exposing their hypocrisy toward church and bible values, ignorance, crimes. Nothing against your religion - just be aware and doubt them being "Saints".)

Boniface VIII - Pedophile.
    Innocent VIII - Practised incest.
    Alexander VI - Participated in prostitute orgies with his family.
    Julius II - Contracted syphillis upon contact with male prostitutes.
    Benedict IX - Also engaged in orgies with young boys.
    Sixtus IV - Bribery, incest.
    Sergius III - Murdered predecessor. Pedophile. Auctioned off Vatican jobs.
    John XII - Incest.
    John XXIII - Murderer, thief, more simony and incest. Had a harem of 200 nuns.
    Stephen VII - Used re-decorated corpse of predecessor to be tried for perjury in front of a trial.
    Leo X - Ordered ripping off someone's flesh in torture with hot pincers. Organized obscene theatre at the Vatican, big spender. Corruption. Quote:

How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us and our predecessors.
    Gregory I - Came up with fake relics. Propagated that the world would end, said that people with posessions would not come to heaven, bought all land offered to him, thus became the biggest territory and slave owner around. Ordered burning of 20,000 books from the Julian Library in Rome since he opposed learning.
    Urban II - Introduced sex taxes so priests could take mistresses for money. Upon his orders, priest wifes were sold as slaves. Introduced the Crusade aka genocide of 56 million people.
    Innocent IV - Claimed legal and financial authority of the church over everything else. Permitted torture for making "witches", Jews, non-catholic christians 'confess' of being guilty. Made girls as young as 11 burn at the stake while people close to them where whipped while watching.
    Paul IV - More inquisition, torture becomes more extreme, persecution of Jews.
    Urban VIII - Persecuted Galileo for his heliocentric world view discovery.
    Pius IX - Declared Catholicism to be the only religion. Antisemitic. Forced Baptization.
    Pius XII - Collaborated with ****** (esp in terms of Holocaust), covered up for war criminals, remained silent permitting the deportation of 1,000 Jews around the Vatican and other instances.
    Paul II - Maintained homophobic stance of church but declared homosexual unions have the same dignity as heterosexual ones in public. Covered up sexual abuse crimes of pedophile clerics against young boys. Barred women from ordination while talking how females should become decision makers in secular governments. Illegally ordinated bishops. Hardline authoritarian.
    Benedict XVI - Covered up sexual crimes of clerics as well. Involved with Holocaust-denying people. Homophobe and sexist. Stigmatized sexuality. Abused his legal immunity in the Vatican.

Sources: x,x,x,x

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pretty sure this thread will have like 200 eliza's and subt's posts.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Pretty sure this thread will have like 200 eliza's and subt's posts.
    We also need yer colleague @Adam Strange to provide us with exposures in the political and financial realm.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This goes all the way to the top.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

MORE EXPOSURE

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

x2=-1
    Has two roots in complex plane. They never tell you unless you study math/science. I wont tell you about our secret handshake, though.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    LET'S GET COUNTERPHOBIC....

Exhibit A: Mascara.
    Has surprising potential to be harming or even lethal. Depending on usage and brand, things can get serious. And you wouldn't even know because mascara is such an ingrained cultural practise and 'natural' habit for women, nobody would even suspect it could be deadly.

Some common indgredients:

• Propylene Glycol - can cause acne, inflammation, an allergic or negative respiratory response.
    • Retinyl Acetate - manipulates cells and biochemicals, can even cause gene mutation.
    • Coal Tar Dyes - contains heavy metals that are absorbed into the bloodstream easily, even if the application is on lashes. Carcinogenic.
    • Paraben + Dioxane, triclosane, musks - manipulates hormones, carcinogenic.
    • Aluminium Powder - may lead to increased amount of mercury in your body. Related to Alzheimer's disease.
    • Fragrance - Covers up coal tar dyes in scent. Irritates the eyes.
    • Staph Bacteria - not actually an ingredient, just grown in the tube, found in 79% of all used mascaras by women. 33% microbes in another investigation, including streptococcus. 3 months (that's what beauty sites say) or even less than that and fungi can grow there as well.
    • Paraffin - may cause cancer to kidney and renal system, skin irritant.
    • BHA, BHT - Carcinogenic, affects hormones, production's harmful to aquatic and land animals.
    • Formaldehyde releasing preservatives - Carcinogenic. On the label as DMDM hydantoin, diazuli dinyl urea, imidazolidinyl urea, methenamine, quaternium-15.
    • Sodium Laurel Sulphate - Irritant of the skin and eyes, also used in cleaning products & toothpaste.
    • Phtalates - cause cancer to lungs, reproductive system, liver, kidneys.
    • Literally everything in waterproof mascaras - prolonged use and lashes may first wither becoming brittle, then begin to fall out.
    • Silica + Polyethylene Gylcols - Needs high concentration, but still can cause cancer, allergies, respiratory issues.

TL;DR: Common mascara is extremely toxic.

I stopped wearing it, that stuff caused me the eeriest of infections. 3 months of use and you're literally smearing an illness (and even more dangerous stuff, since preservatives that prevent harm break down with time) on your lashes. Please research for natural alternatives - although I wouldn't trust these either, the process of coating your face hairs in stuff is damaging in and of itself - or go without, throw away your vanity/fear/social ideals even if it's tough. This extends to many other products (e.g. traces of lead in lipstick, infection risk of fake nails...) and really needs a boycott. If you're so indoctrinated by the beauty industry and want to give them even more money for your suffering, lash extensions are a good alternative? Nope, the glue used contains similar things as listed above, formaldehyde is one of them. Also, corneal abrasion can happen. Make-up - 'beauty' in general - is poison, accept it, tell other people & don't use it. If you want, I'll also get into plastic surgery here. But that gets REALLY and truly ugly. I'd rather not, common sense should be enough. On the flipside, don't support unrealistic ideals to reduce the pressure and therefore market.

Sources: x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x [/spoiler]

Wow. It sounds frightening. I suspected mascara wasn't so great, but its a staple for me. Maybe I will research better mascara. I have fine hair; it was ash blond as a child and went to ash brown as I got older ...... probably that's why my lashes are light on the tips, only dark at the base, making them look even shorter than they are. So, mascara remedies that and I have worn it for years and I just don't want to give it up in spite of those very compelling arguments.

I have not had infections from it, but I take powerful stuff all the time to avoid infections.

I decided not to dye my hair when grays crept in. As grays fill in more and more I second guess that choice at times. But I am assured that at least I avoid those bad chems. But, I do take other healthy precautions with makeup:

My Naturapath also says vegetable oils and even coconut oil do not absorb well in your skin. They do a great job protecting from dryness buy they block your skin so it cannot breathe which is bad for you, so, yes, so even the coconut oil is not good to use. (I used it for years, no problems, then I had a problem one winter (a rash) which my herbalist did not solve but the my naturapath correctly pointed to the coconut oil). He recommends a quality olive oil, preferably cold pressed, or no-salt BUTTER (animal-based oils absorb). I use an animal-based amino acid based "lotion" that some of his patients take internally for health remedies - if its good for you internally it has to be good externally. The dryness comes from too many carbs most of the time (and not enough animal fats or good oils) and whenever I indulge in grains over, for example, a couple of weeks, I can see drier skin.

Speaking of skin stuff - sun screen is another thing I avoid except rare occasions. And I have fair skin, too. But with proper diet I get less sunburn these days, and I try to get some sun, started these warm spring days. For a winter beach vacation, I would prepare beforehand with tanning beds to get a base, and my Naturapath, and also Mercola, recommend that over sunscreen, actually. Not what you hear in mainstream media. They would say avoid tanning bed always and slather sunscreen on daily. Always its the opposite health advice in the mainstream media! But because most natural health experts agree with my Naturapath and Dr. Mercola on that one, and the arguments are better, I am with them on that one.

For general makeup I use Everyday Minerals. I used to use Bare Minerals, but Everyday are cheaper. Its healthier than most, I think.

I also would like to research better other eye makeup.. i use a little gray pencil almost all the time, as it looks right with my blue-gray eyes. It would be nice to know I was using a healthy one.

Avoid Mammograms: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...cts-risks.aspx

I don't get any of those tests they recommend for everyone. I basically do not go to the doctor. I sprained my ankle with a small fracture over a year ago so I did go get xrays for that. But I took a good course of quality pro-biotics Which apparently you should do after an airport scan, too.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Popes

Well, its kind of silly to call Jesus a superstition. Sounds like wishful thinking to me. I don't want it to be true, so, I will just say it isn't.

As to the list of bad popes, my reaction is first of all I cannot even believe the list. One of the "bad" popes according to your list is the Venerable Pope Pius XII, for his alleged Nazi alliances, and not doing enough for the Jews, when the Jews have another view entirely of how helpful he was to the Jews. But the world is full of liars, and deceptions, and what has been said of Pius XII is mostly intentional slander. Not from truth seekers, but those who shamelessly seek to slander. Here is another view of that one pope from your list, from a website very dedicated to strict truth which is read by people who protest anything written that is not absolutely true:

https://www.ewtn.com/library/answers/piusjews.htm The article is compelling, Here, as an example, is one sentence from it:

"Pope Pius XII also acted. According to Israeli archives, papal relief programs saved at least 860,000 Jews, more than any other agency or organization."

Israelis scholars who investigated the Pope's actions at the time say he was more helpful than ANY one, yet, the media perpetuates the words of accusers who say he colluded with ******. Hmm, who is probably lying here? The media can find the truth, but how often do they pursue truth?? Seeking truth is just not on the priority list. They are either choose to deceive [too often] or, they just don't want to know what is true, because they won't like it. They prefer to deceive themselves. And others.

People bear false witness ALL THE TIME. And, Chae, you are doing it here. Ignorantly, of course, but, its a good thing to avoid. Treat others how you want to be treated. You don't want anyone bearing false witness against you, right? That's a lot of Popes there. I am sure you just cut and pasted the list, and accepted the point of view of whoever made the list without bothering to check the facts. And you posted it, shared it, with no concern if it was false witness or not. Its one thing to post the bad facts about products, but to post a list of who is a big sinner? Better to check the facts before you become a false accuser. We will be judged someday according tot he measure we judge others, so, best be prudent.

However, there are bad popes just like there are bad Christians and bad people in every group. One becomes a Christian by believing, and one does not get a personality overhaul just by believing. One can change, and Christians are called to change, but it takes a lifetime of intention and the grace of God to become a different person, or a best version of ourselves. Most of us are nowhere near there.

When Jesus founded His Church, He promised the Holy Spirit would be with it til the end of time. But He never promised that his Apostle's successors running the Church would become perfect! He even PROMISED there WOULD be tares among the wheat. That's weeds, choking out the life of the believers. Just as even Jesus had an Apostle who was there for his own self-interest and the power of the position, so also we have people running the church who are only interested in the power. Power corrupts. That's our natural weak human state.

However, by the grace of God, we have had popes in such powerful positions, who, instead being corrupted (which should be expected in a power position) they instead were men who lived such holy and good lives that after their death the people insisted their lives be investigated to be made Saints. Here are some examples of popes in very powerful positions who were not corrupt, but unusually good! http://catholicsaints.info/saints-who-were-popes/ Yes, its a bigger list than yours. : )

I want to add that probably your whole list is not false; probably there are great sinners on the list. I couldn't say, since I have not researched the bad popes as that is not an interest of mine and there is a lifetime of learning in the Catholic Church. There is so much good to marvel over, and I want to focus on what is true and good and right and beautiful, as there is an inexhaustible abundance of that. The bad popes are not interesting to me, they are just sinners, which are everywhere, including of course myself. Yes, so no surprise there have been bad popes. They are just people, after all. People don't become sinless when they become Catholic. (Of course its hypocrisy on top of sin, so it is worse than just sin). However, I listened to a theologian explain about a book he read of bad popes, and he concluded that what was interesting really was not that they were bad but how God never once let a bad or corrupt Pope rule wrong on matters of faith or morals. Never once, no matter how bad. Not one Pope ever made a false "infallible" pronouncement of faith and morals (to be infallible, the pronouncement is made in an official capacity called "ex cathedra" - in when that is made no future pope can EVER change it, or say, "the previous pope was wrong on that matter"). Many were about to, and they either changed their mind just before, or had some kind of dream/vision that made them change their mind, or, they died before they could follow through with their intention. Something always prevented them from making a false official (infallible) statement that became true Catholic teaching. Those "somethings" were detailed in the book the theologian read. So, that is the miracle, that that has never happened, in spite of some truly bad popes. And its further miracle that there existed truly saintly popes, in spite of human nature.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 04-11-2017 at 04:30 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Two clips from a movie that is over 40 years old, but they succinctly explain the world we live in today IMO:

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

King Louis though.

"Did you know…?

Before the 17th century, western women gave birth squatting, sitting, or standing up. This changed when King Louis XIV of France decreed that his wives and mistresses would give birth lying down so he could witness the birth of his children. Although this position often makes birth more difficult and painful, it soon became the norm. Before long, the number of obstetric instruments multiplied to address the added difficulty, and the view of birth as an emergency that required medical attention spread quickly."

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't go by direct personal experience, thank the universe, but my partner lived six months at a homeless shelter some years back. It's dubbed tent city in my area but is a Catholic run homeless shelter called Pinellas Hope. Anyway, I've driven through there and it's dotted with tiny tents and tiny plastic sheds where the homeless live. It resides on swampy land: Florida's predominant biome. So any tent that does not have some manner of platform beneath sinks into wet earth when it rains as so happens frequently during Summer. They require every bit of identification you possess including information pertaining to bank accounts and the like. Once there it is supposed to be difficult to get out. Those without any psychiatric license will put its residents on psychiatric medications which subsequently fucks up their mental state. It is a beneficiary of donations from various corporations including Walmart which donates food under its Feeding America program. For Thanksgiving or some major holiday, they were told they would be eating ham that was donated but the hams were kept for the shelter staff without ever reaching the homeless' plates. Aside from other numerous fraudulent activity, those who died at the shelter essentially disappeared. Suicides were not uncommon. Staff would dispose of the body, eliminate their records, and act as if the person never even existed.

There are a few warehouses nearby, a boneyard for boats, a queue of eerie high voltage power lines. During some late nights when the fog covers as a blanket and the power lines hum with energy, it feels nothing less than unsettling. Then there is a wide field that is home to a pack of wild coyotes. It appears to serve no purpose: a large plot of land in an area where unoccupied land to build on is scarce. It's been there for years. My partner told me that she has witnessed robberies and rape there: even bodies buried there. There is a clear no trespassing sign around the vast clearing. Something about the energy at that particular location makes the hair stand on my neck. My best friend even had a very bad feeling about the place without knowing the story. It feels almost as if there is a portal for demonic energies there. Perhaps there is if one is so inclined to believe. There are even stories of demon sightings: dark disfigured shapes reflecting the cacophony of madness, fear, suffering, and sin. Perhaps such is a hallucination to those entrenched in the same.

If this is true, then why does this shelter still stand and flourish? Simply put: greed. Many influential organizations profit from the business of poverty and mental instability. My partner says she encountered undercover cops hoping to expose the dark inner workings of tent city but to no avail.

Take it with a grain of salt, if you will. I have no question of my partner's verity, but why should a stranger accept my words and judgment of character? At the very least, it provides a story --an idea-- of how whitewashed can be the tombs of decay, death, and depravity.
    Last edited by aixelsyd; 04-18-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

America's so-called "deep state"... which is basically what happens when the bureaucrats and bureaucratic institutions are no longer under effective political control, and follows its own self-interest rather than the interests of the state. This is a problem that seems to actually happen in many countries. It seems like a "conspiracy theory" but the evidence is so overwhelming that it can no longer be ignored...

Controlled by shadow government: Mike Lofgren reveals how top U.S. officials are at the mercy of the “deep state”
    http://www.salon.com/2016/01/05/controlled_by_shadow_government_mike_lofgren_revea ls_how_top_u_s_officials_are_at_the_mercy_of_the_d eep_state/

Is there any scenario in which the deep state’s influence and power can be curtailed or eliminated? Or does the fact that it’s evolved sort of organically suggest that only something truly revolutionary could upend it?

The deep state has created so many contradictions in this country. You have this enormous disparity of rich and poor; and you have this perpetual war, even though we’re braying about freedom. We have a surveillance state, and we talk about freedom. We have internal contradictions. Who knows what this will fly into? It may collapse like the Soviet Union; or it might go into fascism with a populist camouflage — like Trump is selling us.

--

It also says something about the Sillicon Valley, Snowden, Obama etc.

Interestingly, Mike Lofgren was a staff member on the Senate and House Budget committees for over 28 years.

Where could the US possibly go from this? It seems like the US will be stuck in the mud, be politically in the grid lock and dysfunctional for at least a decade...

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always think like this thread will be for flashers even though I know what it's supposed to be.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    I always think like this thread will be for flashers even though I know what it's supposed to be.
    How so?

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae Exposing yourself = flashing, basically. Or indecent exposure, etc.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chae Exposing yourself = flashing, basically. Or indecent exposure, etc.
    Hehe! But the title is "expose SOMETHING". Not yourself. We do that in the Random Thought and Member Picture thread

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae Something = a body part, like just a breast or external genitals or something. And then after I thought more I arrived at what @willowglass said.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae
    Ironically, when I've read about make-up through out history I've wondered, "Why did women keep wearing make-up that contained lead knowing full well it was causing all kinds of illness, why didn't they chuck it?" and then I'm like "Oh yeah, same reason I still paint my face with poison...."
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    @Chae
    Ironically, when I've read about make-up through out history I've wondered, "Why did women keep wearing make-up that contained lead knowing full well it was causing all kinds of illness, why didn't they chuck it?" and then I'm like "Oh yeah, same reason I still paint my face with poison...."
    Mhm, that's right. These companies capitalize on insecurity and the fact that this poison makes your skin worse, and tadahhh, we have a vicious cycle. Gotta give them props for their marketing strategy, it's universally effective We have to learn to embrace our ugliness to combat these people We can also use the fact that it deliciously pisses them off when we don't make ourselves artificially 'beautiful'. I'd rather have cash and be ugly than be beautiful and poor tbh

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mhm, that's right. These companies capitalize on insecurity and the fact that this poison makes your skin worse, and tadahhh, we have a vicious cycle. Gotta give them props for their marketing strategy, it's universally effective We have to learn to embrace our ugliness to combat these people We can also use the fact that it deliciously pisses them off when we don't make ourselves artificially 'beautiful'. I'd rather have cash and be ugly than be beautiful and poor tbh
    Dude, I love you for this. This resonates with me. I go back and forth. Of course I put make-up on during times when I dance. But when I'm not dancing it's all hairy legs/body and no make-up. Guys don't treat me the same but I want money in the bank and a quicker morning routine.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dude, I love you for this. This resonates with me. I go back and forth. Of course I put make-up on during times when I dance. But when I'm not dancing it's all hairy legs/body and no make-up. Guys don't treat me the same but I want money in the bank and a quicker morning routine.
    I'm glad you relate! Sometimes I feel alone thinking that. I dislike the shaving either, especially since the history behind that is... Razor companies in the earlier 20th century needed new customers because men were already supplied, and then started ad campaigns calling women dirty, unhygienic and ugly with their natural body hair, making it a trend as sleeves and skirts got shorter. Pubic shaving arose through porn culture and its inherent pedophilia. So basically when you as a woman shave you are body-shaming yourself and infantilize your look. Ironically, increasing illness risk because shaving hurts the skin and natural bacteria processes are inhibited. Guys are so conditioned with this image of the pornographic woman, they don't know otherwise. But their different treatment of you is just a joke, they need to look into a mirror for once. What do they see? Fozzie Bear! Men who look down on you like that are weak and brainwashed as fuck, their problem, you are just fine And yeah giving in to actually styling yourself - for dancing - can be necessary because well, stigma closes public doors. You can try to be the one who does it differently but society punishes you relentlessly just by your appearance. It's a nonsense world we live in.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you relate! Sometimes I feel alone thinking that. I dislike the shaving either, especially since the history behind that is... Razor companies in the earlier 20th century needed new customers because men were already supplied, and then started ad campaigns calling women dirty, unhygienic and ugly with their natural body hair, making it a trend as sleeves and skirts got shorter. Pubic shaving arose through porn culture and its inherent pedophilia. So basically when you as a woman shave you are body-shaming yourself and infantilize your look. Ironically, increasing illness risk because shaving hurts the skin and natural bacteria processes are inhibited. Guys are so conditioned with this image of the pornographic woman, they don't know otherwise. But their different treatment of you is just a joke, they need to look into a mirror for once. What do they see? Fozzie Bear! Men who look down on you like that are weak and brainwashed as fuck, their problem, you are just fine And yeah giving in to actually styling yourself - for dancing - can be necessary because well, stigma closes public doors. You can try to be the one who does it differently but society punishes you relentlessly just by your appearance. It's a nonsense world we live in.
    You get it. And get this: body hair is an extension of the nervous system. I might write a longer post on that but it's true. People say it's dead protein but every hair connects to a nerve, and for a reason. The CIA during the 1960's discovered this through military experiments involving un-Americanized Native American tribes. During the Vietnam war the military needed to recruit the best trackers known, the Native Americans. They tend to keep their hair long so when they joined the military they were given routine head shaves. After that they could no longer track. The elders explained that it was because they cut off their long hair, which gave them intuition and a higher awareness of their environment, even their navigation skills. So the military allowed the native Americans in the military to keep their long hair. After this discovery everyone in the CIA involved in this experiment grew out their hair and their beards. And before you know it everyone is growing out their hair and beards, it became a symbol of rebellion among everyday citizens. This is why when you join the work force or the military you have to shave and cut you hair/body hair. It's to subdue us, to make us more submissive so we won't rebel. Grow it out and you risk getting fired, keeps us in line. You can say this is a conspiracy theory, but that doesn't mean there isn't truth to this. We are the only animals that makes each other get rid of our hair. We are also the most domesticated and controlled animal. Long hair increases intuition and gut instincts, is this why women tend to be considered more intuitive? I'm growing my hair out as long as it will grow, it's very short right now, last October I buzzed it all off to one inch to start from scratch on my long hair journey. It's past my ears now. I don't do anything to damage it, no heat, chemicals, styling, or processing. It hasn't looked this healthy since I was a young teenager with virgin hair. I strongly believe there is an agenda to shorn us all. I'm no hippie but I think growing out the hair is a good way to draw a line in the sand for your sovereignty. Hair in itself is not dirty or unhygienic, if it was we would all shave our heads in the morning. Hair is only dirty is you skip showers. Body hair such as pubic hair and under arm hair is responsible for transferring our pheromones into the air more efficiently. I could go on and on but I think this is good for now. There is a plethora of resources online going more in depth on this than I just did. So I'll stop here and if anyone is curious do some googling on this, it's very fascinating.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You get it. And get this: body hair is an extension of the nervous system. I might write a longer post on that but it's true. People say it's dead protein but every hair connects to a nerve, and for a reason. The CIA during the 1960's discovered this through military experiments involving un-Americanized Native American tribes. During the Vietnam war the military needed to recruit the best trackers known, the Native Americans. They tend to keep their hair long so when they joined the military they were given routine head shaves. After that they could no longer track. The elders explained that it was because they cut off their long hair, which gave them intuition and a higher awareness of their environment, even their navigation skills. So the military allowed the native Americans in the military to keep their long hair. After this discovery everyone in the CIA involved in this experiment grew out their hair and their beards. And before you know it everyone is growing out their hair and beards, it became a symbol of rebellion among everyday citizens. This is why when you join the work force or the military you have to shave and cut you hair/body hair. It's to subdue us, to make us more submissive so we won't rebel. Grow it out and you risk getting fired, keeps us in line. You can say this is a conspiracy theory, but that doesn't mean there isn't truth to this. We are the only animals that makes each other get rid of our hair. We are also the most domesticated and controlled animal. Long hair increases intuition and gut instincts, is this why women tend to be considered more intuitive? I'm growing my hair out as long as it will grow, it's very short right now, last October I buzzed it all off to one inch to start from scratch on my long hair journey. It's past my ears now. I don't do anything to damage it, no heat, chemicals, styling, or processing. It hasn't looked this healthy since I was a young teenager with virgin hair. I strongly believe there is an agenda to shorn us all. I'm no hippie but I think growing out the hair is a good way to draw a line in the sand for your sovereignty. Hair in itself is not dirty or unhygienic, if it was we would all shave our heads in the morning. Hair is only dirty is you skip showers. Body hair such as pubic hair and under arm hair is responsible for transferring our pheromones into the air more efficiently. I could go on and on but I think this is good for now. There is a plethora of resources online going more in depth on this than I just did. So I'll stop here and if anyone is curious do some googling on this, it's very fascinating.
    Thanks for the input! There is some truth I think, nobody exits the womb and grows up to be shorn like that, it's a highly social process of conditioning. Indeed, also the distinguishment to animals, as if we wanted to disconnect completely from nature That's also applying to the overall hygiene part, it actually makes us less healthy as we use chemicals that are supposed to cleanse us. Do post links in here if you got some related exposures!

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is how all the old Germanic and Celtic tribes sacked Rome: long hair and persistence.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no hippie but I think growing out the hair is a good way to draw a line in the sand for your sovereignty.
    The Vikings would agree with you completely.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Vikings would agree with you completely.
    In my own little world I am a viking. At least, if I ever got dreads someday and was accused of "cultural appropriation" my first response would be to tell it to my dead, dread headed viking ancestors.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Wow. It sounds frightening. I suspected mascara wasn't so great, but its a staple for me. Maybe I will research better mascara. I have fine hair; it was ash blond as a child and went to ash brown as I got older ...... probably that's why my lashes are light on the tips, only dark at the base, making them look even shorter than they are. So, mascara remedies that and I have worn it for years and I just don't want to give it up in spite of those very compelling arguments.

I have not had infections from it, but I take powerful stuff all the time to avoid infections.

I decided not to dye my hair when grays crept in. As grays fill in more and more I second guess that choice at times. But I am assured that at least I avoid those bad chems. But, I do take other healthy precautions with makeup:

My Naturapath also says vegetable oils and even coconut oil do not absorb well in your skin. They do a great job protecting from dryness buy they block your skin so it cannot breathe which is bad for you, so, yes, so even the coconut oil is not good to use. (I used it for years, no problems, then I had a problem one winter (a rash) which my herbalist did not solve but the my naturapath correctly pointed to the coconut oil). He recommends a quality olive oil, preferably cold pressed, or no-salt BUTTER (animal-based oils absorb). I use an animal-based amino acid based "lotion" that some of his patients take internally for health remedies - if its good for you internally it has to be good externally. The dryness comes from too many carbs most of the time (and not enough animal fats or good oils) and whenever I indulge in grains over, for example, a couple of weeks, I can see drier skin.

Speaking of skin stuff - sun screen is another thing I avoid except rare occasions. And I have fair skin, too. But with proper diet I get less sunburn these days, and I try to get some sun, started these warm spring days. For a winter beach vacation, I would prepare beforehand with tanning beds to get a base, and my Naturapath, and also Mercola, recommend that over sunscreen, actually. Not what you hear in mainstream media. They would say avoid tanning bed always and slather sunscreen on daily. Always its the opposite health advice in the mainstream media! But because most natural health experts agree with my Naturapath and Dr. Mercola on that one, and the arguments are better, I am with them on that one.

For general makeup I use Everyday Minerals. I used to use Bare Minerals, but Everyday are cheaper. Its healthier than most, I think.

I also would like to research better other eye makeup.. i use a little gray pencil almost all the time, as it looks right with my blue-gray eyes. It would be nice to know I was using a healthy one.

Avoid Mammograms: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...cts-risks.aspx

I don't get any of those tests they recommend for everyone. I basically do not go to the doctor. I sprained my ankle with a small fracture over a year ago so I did go get xrays for that. But I took a good course of quality pro-biotics Which apparently you should do after an airport scan, too.
    Naturopaths are for the most part a bunch of snake oil salesmen. I enjoy some alternative health practices. For instance: Herbalism, some traditional practices, less reliance on pharmaceuticals. But Mercola and most naturopaths just spread false and often damaging information. Usually including pseudoscience that will never be proven correct even if studies are funded (like avoiding sunscreen)

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    Naturopaths are for the most part a bunch of snake oil salesmen. I enjoy some alternative health practices. For instance: Herbalism, some traditional practices, less reliance on pharmaceuticals. But Mercola and most naturopaths just spread false and often damaging information. Usually including pseudoscience that will never be proven correct even if studies are funded (like avoiding sunscreen)
    Yes. It seems like most people, at least under 50, could easily survive without long-term pharmaceutical usage, but the problem is that you need someone who has documented success, and likely specialization, at whatever they're doing, not someone who just tells you to eat more sauerkraut and do eye exercises If you want diet help, go to a dietician, if you want herbs, see a herbalist, etc. A small but decent amount of alternative treatments appear to work, but those are things being done by people who are already involved in certain fields of medicine such as cardiology, optometry, neurology, etc. or by traditional doctors who know how to do things with herbs and diet and, if they're not quacks, won't claim to be able to cure everything, not by people who are trying to be generalized health gurus on the Internet and shilling sauerkraut and eye exercises to cure cancer... Pharmaceutical corruption is rampant, but this extends to alternative practices, which are really just an underprivileged part of the same system. You have to do the hard work and think for yourself to be healthy, and yes, you will screw up occasionally, but it's better than statins eating your brain or herbal "supplements" from the rainforest that some quack sells also eating your brain.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
    THE SOURCES OMG

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guillermo is dishing it outtttttt!!! Literally

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As much as accusing someone to waste water - it's the big companies that do, the average citizen to a much lesser degree. When detecting injustice, scale (aka imbalance, common sense) is the #1 factor.

Twitter is a jungle but they expose it for real there

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged