How can super ego relations be helpful?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Companions, company. Maybe not that much from a information point of view, yet with the demonstrative element we can aid each other. I find this one a bit draining tbh in general

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can they? To me, these are one of the hardest to maintain, like there's nothing I can grasp at to make it work, even if I like the person. There's nothing that would make communication easier... and if I try, it's not natural to me, and so it's draining me out of energy.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like SLI-Si's. SLI-Te's are my worst nightmare.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From the point of view, perspective. For instance, I feel that I can learn much unexpected things from @Herzy or @niffer that I wouldn't consider otherwise.

With my SLE brother, we tend to mutually affirm our viewpoints just by being such contrasts, me being a tall Spongebob and him a small G-Eazy.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have something you have to do but don't want to do, it's probably something your superego wants to do but doesn't have to do.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two of my closest friendships growing up were with an SLI-si and SLI-te. Typically we perfectly understood where the other was coming from, and it made perfect sense. Followed 100% of the mental steps they took. We just would often disagree about the conclusions we made, and would decide to act in a direction dissonant from the others conclusion. As long as theres mutual respect it works. Ive known my friend Mario, SLI-Si, for 17 years and weve never once had an argument that escalated beyond "I disagree".

Benefits wise, its fun to have friends who are skilled in areas you are not. Hes gotten me jobs, and ive gotten him women. He can cut someone stupid down to size in front of a crowd, I can make someone stupid realize theyre being stupid in a sincere one on one. He can do for our SEE(Ari) and ILE(cody) friends what I would do for the same friends, but instead of giving ari fuel and momentum, he does it for cody and instead of keeping the conversation going forever with cody, he does it with ari.

Overall, there is a palpable social health of a group of friends. Kyles an LII, Mario helps kyle out all the time by grounding kyles understanding of people to realistic factors, "why are you even trying to persuade skyler, hes blah blah blah, he wont help." And kyle helps me out, often, by letting me know when im not showing my work before speaking, "Jordan, just so you know, I followed that but you skipped like 6 or 7 steps inside your head, a stranger wouldnt have been able to connect dots A B C D and E there because you jumped from A right to E. That butterfly you just drew will look like a straight line to them." And the Mario will jump back in and say GET A JOB KYLE, and Dan will laugh because Dan has a job and Kyle irritates Dan.

We are all wheels on a cog and everybodys got to play their part.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Two of my closest friendships growing up were with an SLI-si and SLI-te. Typically we perfectly understood where the other was coming from, and it made perfect sense. Followed 100% of the mental steps they took. We just would often disagree about the conclusions we made, and would decide to act in a direction dissonant from the others conclusion. As long as theres mutual respect it works. Ive known my friend Mario, SLI-Si, for 17 years and weve never once had an argument that escalated beyond "I disagree".
    Everyone in a Supervision ring shares all the same conscious functions, just prioritized differently (hence the "cognitive styles" thing, which I think is slightly off, but still important, since there are other similarities between types besides just quadra, lead, and creative functions that people really need to be aware of since they're often what get types confused for another), so that's really expected.

We are all wheels on a cog and everybodys got to play their part.
    Eww nope I have more than one part anyways. Being type-cast means you're not very good.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Everyone in a Supervision ring shares all the same conscious functions, just prioritized differently (hence the "cognitive styles" thing, which I think is slightly off, but still important, since there are other similarities between types besides just quadra, lead, and creative functions that people really need to be aware of since they're often what get types confused for another), so that's really expected.

Eww nope I have more than one part anyways. Being type-cast means you're not very good.
    You cant be typecast if youre writing your own script.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    You cant be typecast if youre writing your own script.
    You can if you're worse at writing than you think you are. Which seems common enough.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    I think there are lots of similarities between people in supervision ring. It's like there's nothing unsuspected in cognition. We all are bit a like each other. The prioritization of unconscious function makes a significant difference, though.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org