Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: contact functions, subtypes, internet discourse

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default contact functions, subtypes, internet discourse

the basic idea in contact/inert subtypes is that the entire block of functions is comprised by a set of 8 modules stacked 4 high and 2 across. the 4 high (henceforth vertical) blocks contain, left to right, first the inert functions and second the contact functions. the top two, going across, is the ego block. for an ISTp that would be 1) Si and 2) Te. Under one subtype theory the idea is each vertical block is strengthened in a subtype which gives rise to its overall characteristics. the idea is that subtype is more than just, for example, Si v Te, but its additionally the 3 blocks under the Si or Te heading. In ISTp that would be for Si: Fi Fe and Se; for Te: Ni Ne and Ti.

Ok so, there are other theories out there on subtype--I'm not saying this is the best one, but I think there's an interesting offshoot to this; which is: via the internet people communicate via their contact functions. In fact, in general, what we see most predominately in people are their contact functions. Now, in real life we see their physical activitiy, which is something we don't see via the internet, at least not really. The point is that we get a limited perspective of others when interacting with them on the internet and it limited form of contact. So while you might really notice Se activity in another person in real life, because the internet is constrained in the way it is, nearly all Se activity gets kind of leveled off at the same point, making distinctions difficult. The same way goes with most functions.

Since discourse over the internet is via a constrained set of contact functions it naturally distorts our perceptions of other people's personalities. I would argue, at least in the case of SLI, this makes them out to be very much as if they were the contact subtype (+Te, Ni, Ne, Ti). In fact if you're reading this right now you're probably thinking this post is heavy on all 4. In fact, it may go so far as to cast doubt on the actual ego functions and their type on the whole because of how their personality over the internet manifests itself. But what it fails to take into account is about a million and one data points, many of which would be obvious in a more natural setting, but some that wouldn't even to family. In other words, you can never really step into someone's soul and determine the processes that are giving rise to whatever you're ultimately seeing.

obviously people both misunderstand themselves and the theory which is to say that no one is immune to criticism or feedback based on what they're objectively manifesting especially if its creating an apparent contradiction... still I would like to say that unsophisticated understanding of what things must look like are presuppositions that give rise to behavioral stereotypes. I think in the end there are, for example, dumb and uninteresting intuitives and highly complex, abstract, and creative sensors. this is mainly in response to charges that I have to be ILI and my response has always been "I know I come off that way" but I really wanted to make a statement on how I thought that could be.

To that end I guess my only point is you're seeing strengthened contact functions from both the medium but also personal factors where this form of communication was privileged (i.e.: law, academia, etc). you take me out of this forum and it looks different, but the constant aspect is introverted perception. it is flexible by its nature and thus somewhat chimeric because of its inertness

anyway that's all I got. something to think about

(working as a waiter, I seem like Si subtype all day, right down to the Fe, but its a product of the lens we're viewed through its an objective albiet contextualized manifestation).

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well the people accusing you of being ILI all know this stuff lol. it's nothing new.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    well the people accusing you of being ILI all know this stuff lol. it's nothing new.
    you say that but I feel like if they did we wouldn't be here

maybe I'm kind of slow but to me this is a really deep point with a lot of implications for a lot of different things and explains a lot of unnecessary conflict and misunderstanding

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    you say that but I feel like if they did we wouldn't be here
    where? thinking you're ILI you mean?

well of course. you don't want to think you're that type apparently. lol.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe I'm kind of slow but to me this is a really deep point with a lot of implications for a lot of different things and explains a lot of unnecessary conflict and misunderstanding
    I can't speak for Myst or others who might be thinking you're ILI, but to address your point of "there are dumb intuitives and smart sensors" which is more or less what your post comes down to....

I can say that I've seen a range of ILIs and SLI from "dumb" to "smart" in each, and I've never known an SLI that's talked like you. You're well beyond the SLI range I've seen, not that it's about smart vs. dumb, but just about the range of interaction and communication style I've seen.

This isn't to say it's the only reason I think you're ILI. I have several other reasons.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can't speak for Myst or others who might be thinking you're ILI, but to address your point of "there are dumb intuitives and smart sensors"....

I can say that I've seen a range of ILIs and SLI from "dumb" to "smart" in each, and I've never known an SLI that's talked like you. You're well beyond the SLI range I've seen, not that it's about smart vs. dumb, but just about the range of interaction and communication style I've seen.

This isn't to say it's the only reason I think you're ILI. I have several other reasons.
    I know at least one other SLI that's like me and its a gurl and shes awesome

its almost how I can tell between Balzac and Gabin because I think with "smart" people its difficult. But I also think, at least one Balzac is kind of a moron, although he uses intuition to an extreme degree, it just comes off as solipsistic, whereas female Gabin is like 10x smarter (I might say "wiser"?--both actually) and just having experienced that dynamic shed so much light and nuance on the issue. I imagine its hard for anyone who hasn't that experience to see the shades of grey like I have. I bet you've experienced something closer to home that would seem as obvious to you as this is to me

ill put it like this: to me EIE and ESE are kind of hard to tell apart, and I think you're victim to the same perspectival difficulty in regards to ILI SLI because while I know all the "theoretical" differences, when it comes to practice they blend together because the external similarities are hard to suss out. you might just say "well its because you're confused" but I actually think I have a ton of clarity on this and if anything other people aren't "confused enough"

I feel like the internal nuance I'm certain of is common cause to both these dynamics-- and I think its rooted in Si

Also balzac is either kind of goofy or a non entity (recedes almost completely into the background) whereas gabin becomes the soul of the company, which I totally agree with and have seen. I could list off a ton of stuff like this that rings so much truer than "you talk like x", but I can see how "you talk like x" is all we have to go off on this forum--which has precisely been my point all along.... to me this a vortical synergetic way of understanding the issue

also I have a lifetime of reading philosophy so I imitate them--I can see how that makes me quack like a duck
    Last edited by Bertrand; 03-23-2017 at 08:36 AM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know at least one other SLI that's like me and its a gurl and shes awesome
    What makes you so sure she isn't just another ILI?

I'm 100% sure you're ILI btw.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ill put it like this: to me EIE and ESE are kind of hard to tell apart, and I think you're victim to the same perspectival difficulty in regards to ILI LSI because while I know all the "theoretical" differences, when it comes to practice they blend together because the external similarities are hard to suss out. you might just say "well its because you're confused" but I actually think I have a ton of clarity on this and if anyone other people aren't "confused enough"
    then you need more practice

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also balzac is either kind of goofy or a non entity (recedes almost completely into the background) whereas gabin becomes the soul of the company, which I totally agree with and have seen. I could list off a ton of stuff like this that rings so much truer than "you talk like x", but I can see how "you talk like x" is all we have to go off on this forum--which has precisely been my point all along.... to me this a vortical synergetic way of understanding the issue
    No, it's not. I've seen your photo. And I've interacted with you and seen how you've interacted with others. You've revealed quite a bit of yourself, more than you're aware of apparently.

Note: the reason I have a string of posts after your one post is because of your like 4 edits at least lol where you keep adding more.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, it's not. I've seen your photo. And I've interacted with you and seen how you've interacted with others. You've revealed quite a bit of yourself, more than you're aware of apparently.

Note: the reason I have a string of posts after your one post is because of your like 4 edits at least lol where you keep adding more.
    Yeah I know, I'm not judging... Here's an older picture. I'm half tempted to get a picture of my Balzac friend cause he's a spitting image

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I know, I'm not judging... Here's an older picture. I'm half tempted to get a picture of my Balzac friend cause he's a spitting image
    Your face looks different in that one, but I guess it's because you're younger, with fuller cheeks, also it's further away. The more recent photo where your facial structure is very clear and defined is more useful though.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Bertrand do you have some kind of reason to be so invested in typing SLI? it seems like there's some kind of attachment to the idea of it pulling you over.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Bertrand do you have some kind of reason to be so invested in typing SLI? it seems like there's some kind of attachment to the idea of it pulling you over.
    you mean besides the fact I think its true? lol, I don't mean to mess with you but beta seems to have a hard time with anyone not "playing some sort of game"-- I'm tempted to say any suspicion of this nature is projection, but I don't want to insult you. I do think Balzacs (fedora tier types) are goofy and stuff like that so maybe that answers your question?

for what its worth I feel like C Jung was SLI based on my understanding of myself and socionics and having read most his books (Aion being my absolute favorite)

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you mean besides the fact I think its true? lol, I don't mean to mess with you but beta seems to have a hard time with anyone not "playing some sort of game"-- I'm tempted to say any suspicion of this nature is projection, but I don't want to insult you. I do think Balzacs (fedora tier types) are goofy and stuff like that so maybe that answers your question?
    i'm actually not sure what you mean. 1) idk what game we'd be playing here. 2) so you don't like the neckbeard associations?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know lots of ILIs who are "suave" dudes like you lol. Not all of them are goofy neckbeards. It's weird how you're making a thread talking about how people shouldn't stereotype the types, and then you're basing your main reason off a stereotype anyway...

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'm actually not sure what you mean. 1) idk what game we'd be playing here. 2) so you don't like the neckbeard associations?
    its not that I don't like the associations I don't like the reality of it, as I see it

I know lots of ILIs who are "suave" dudes like you lol. Not all of them are goofy neckbeards. It's weird how you're making a thread talking about how people shouldn't stereotype the types, and then you're basing your main reason off a stereotype anyway...
    I'm not going off of stereotypes though but rather my own experience. I get that I could be the one in a million ILI but then, if thats the case why not SLI? In the end I feel I'm unique and don't doubt that, but SLI resonates more. I'm simply trying to stay true to myself (corny as that is)

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

its not that I don't like the associations I don't like the reality of it, as I see it

I'm not going off of stereotypes though but rather my own experience. I get that I could be the one in a million ILI but then, if thats the case why not SLI? In the end I feel I'm unique and don't doubt that, but SLI resonates more
    No, you're not one in a million. At least half of the ILIs that I know are like you (although admittedly, you're one of the top most handsome ILIs I've ever seen).

Have you ever considered that due to your concept of ILI, you might be simply typing all the goofballs you see as ILI when they really could have other types mixed in there like SLI?

It is not the reality. Maybe it is your reality, lol, but that could have a lot of skewed information. If you've personally truly only met goofball ILIs, then I'm telling you, there's a lot more of you out there lol.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, you're not one in a million. At least half of the ILIs that I know are like you.

Have you ever considered that due to your concept of ILI, you might be simply typing all the goofballs you see as ILI when they really could have other types mixed in there like SLI?

It is not the reality. Maybe it is your reality, lol, but that could have a lot of skewed information. If you've personally truly only met goofball ILIs, then I'm telling you, there's a lot more of you out there lol.
    that could be true in a vacuum but that's not what I think is happening

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that could be true in a vacuum but that's not what I think is happening
    I see...

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow ok this looks like an interesting thread, Imma stick around Will discuss later.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Bertrand, got a link to a more recent photo of yourself?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Bertrand, got a link to a more recent photo of yourself?
    I had my IEE neighbor snap this a couple minutes ago

jnfcL5Q.jpg

I'm getting fat for me; I was leaner and more miserable in my introduction photo
    Last edited by Bertrand; 03-24-2017 at 12:50 AM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

those pajama pants won't fool me.....

Pacifist
    TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with OP. If you think the way you process information is more like an SLI, I think you are really a unique one. If my own understanding of Ni/Ne is correct, I believe I'm seeing a really developed and elaborated one from your posts.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not quite sure what you want out of this thread, ultimately it comes down to cognitive functioning, not behavior. If you naturally pay a lot of attention to your bodily sensations(hunger, comfort, pain, warmth, textures, sounds, tastes) you're probably an Si type and if not I'd probably look into something else

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think there's a misconception that Ni is more or less "deep" depending on where it falls... but I think how "deep" it is is more a function of IQ and study (and passion). For example, I know Ni users who only get into trouble with their Ni, despite very "creative" (expanded dimensionality) use of it. I think what you're seeing from me is actually just very well elaborated role Ni. But role Ni is in many ways the expression of the traditions of the culture I found myself in. In other words, Ni dom explores for its own sake, Ni creative has a more targeted "vision" they seek to implement, Ni activating is steadily running in the background coming out to play as the situation demands, Ni suggestive gives structure to what would otherwise be a mess... Ni role is just trying to make sense of the world in a way that stays true to "norms" in other words, its not particularly self serving. It has this aspect of being "the voice of the past" (or traditions). In other words Ni role has its own unique structure that can be more or less advanced and what you're seeing here is just a sophisticated expression of Ni role. The misconception is that any sophisticated expression of Ni must be Ni dom or Ni aux, but the reality, as I see it is, Ni in any position can have a sophisticated expression--rather the position informs the overall structure of how that Ni functions from within the organism. And when Ni role turns in on itself in a complex way you get people like Jung and Peterson. I don't use Ni to convince myself of stuff the way Ni valuers do. I use it as guardrails and as a kind of delimiter on what is real but based on what tradition and culture dictate... I feel like Ni valuers have this ability to convince themselves of basically anything. And while since what I'm saying here might be unusual it might look like that, inasmuch as I'm misunderstood; I feel like I have a radically conservative approach to Ni, so conservative it looks like its running ahead... But its really not, its always looking backwards...

dimensionality expands the way in which Ni can be used but at its core Ni can go relatively deep without added dimensionality, in fact I think the weirdest expressions, but the most personally meaningful ones are deep expressions of low dimension Ni. Higher dimensionality in Ni just seems delusional to me, like when my ILI friends have wacky theories about shit. It may seem that this right here is a wacky theory, but from my point of view its actually in line with very traditional views of human wisdom... so traditional it seems wacky in a post modern world, but I would say my worldview in a lot of ways is primitive which is why I don't at all mind classical expressions of ideas. When Jung and Peterson try to dig up ancient collective wisdom in symbols, religion, shamanism, etc I feel like they're doing something different than say what people like Sam Harris are doing when they philosophize. Sam Harris is treading into the future with his, what I think are, ungrounded but appealling in virtue of their contemporary timeliness, whereas J/P is going into past trying to excavate a timeless wisdom that died and was buried along time ago. This is rooted in their own inability to creatively advance via Ni itself, but a way to via Si and Te refine the Ni of the past that has been embedded in our culture and that resonates with them. This process is so novel and rare that anyone does it it seems like they're running ahead but that is predicated on two misconceived assumptions 1) that "ahead" means Ni, which subtly denigrates Si "progress" and 2) that Ni is somehow superior in its ability to think or to synthesize a body of knowledge to Si and therefore anything sufficiently advanced or novel cannot be Si--in other words that there are creative limits on Si and I do not think that is the case.

I think there's a reason Ni is probably rare, because its usefulness is very limited and most Ni egos miss the mark and are kind of dangerous (Sam Harris, with his bad ideas, and EIEs with their lynch mobs, etc). If you think about it Jung and Peterson were delta to the core in their values and what they achieved and what they were trying to vindicate which is something greater than their own personal vision (Ni valuing) it was more like the voice of the earth (Ni role)

I think what we see a lot in ILI and IEI is just low level use of expanded dimensionality of Ni which comes out as what we "expect" Ni to look like: which is basically people who are neurotic. This probably sounds pretty neurotic but its more an attempt to unwind what I see as a complex misconception so I'm trying my best; I genuinely just want to explore this issue in a productive way...

One example I can think of to demonstrate low dimensionality high depth or cultivation would be Kobe Bryant. Pretty sure he's LIE but he's also one of the best basketball players ever. He's what Se looks like when this happens. Its rare and interesting but it doesn't mean he must be SLE or LSI, etc. In the same way egos with high potential may have it unrealized but they may also use their relatively underdeveloped function in nevertheless creative ways. In the end what it looks like is master of the fundamentals (Kobe, me, etc) vs unskilled creativity (every ILI convinced he's an anime)

one way to think about Si dom and Ni role is to think how there's an inherent conservatism to it that stays grounded in personal experience and any Ni elocutions are going to reflect that. Whereas Ni egos differ in character, they run ahead in a way that's hard to wrap ones mind around if you're not paying attention but they are iconoclastic and reacting to something (in the case of beta) whereas Si is trying to vindicate the past and is reactive in the sense its trying to stay true to something. So even though Sam Harris' philosophy can be kind of trite, it is radically progressive in the sense that it is not grounded in respect for the past the way say Jung's analytic psychology is. Ni has this ability to detach completely, whereas Si is grounded in a phenomenological and historical experience. Its the difference between banal progress and highly creative traditional approach

there's also a presupposition that higher dimensionality Ni is "right" and that "role" Ni could never be better, but that's like saying Kobe Bryant could never beat a SEE at basketball. Nietzsche has this entire passage on how "useful mistakes" are the foundation for our concept of truth--the difference to me between role and ego Ni is that role is not trying to make new mistakes but master the old ones, whereas Ni egos function to provide new ones. in that case they're the ones most likely to be off-base; yet they are also the ones, in sufficient numbers, who occasionally make a useful mistake (this is their evolutionary role--their service to humanity). But if your goal is no mistakes (e1), that is role Ni

this last paragraph is my palpable feeling towards philosophy and religion in general, and it is dominant Si with role Ni. the expression was provided via Ne and Te
    Last edited by Bertrand; 03-24-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbZero View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you want out of this thread, ultimately it comes down to cognitive functioning, not behavior. If you naturally pay a lot of attention to your bodily sensations(hunger, comfort, pain, warmth, textures, sounds, tastes) you're probably an Si type and if not I'd probably look into something else
    I do. As for what I want out of this thread, its to have a productive conversation where I can express my thoughts on myself in relation to the theory with people who are similarly interested

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright that makes sense. Yeah SLI-Te would have stronger logic and intuition functions, so they could be more easily mistyped as an NT type. Curious how you see this in yourself

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alright that makes sense. Yeah SLI-Te would have stronger logic and intuition functions, so they could be more easily mistyped as an NT type. Curious how you see this in yourself
    I feel like when I'm discussing stuff on the internet my contact functions, which are Te/Ni, etc are definitely accentuated

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had my IEE neighbor snap this a couple minutes ago

jnfcL5Q.jpg

I'm getting fat for me; I was leaner and more miserable in my introduction photo
    Hmmm, I haven't been following this convo closely, but you don't look or write like my idea of an ILI. You look like someone skilled in Si (those pants and shoes, man...) and your face has Te, so yeah, you do look like an SLI to me.
    To say a bit more, SLI seem to me to dress in a simple neat, slightly classic style that looks effortless and comfortable. This applies to both SLI men and women. In the other hand, ILI' s tend to dress incredibly sloppily or overly formal but even in a three-piece suit, still manage to look like their mother picked out their clothes.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-24-2017 at 02:59 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmmm, I haven't been following this convo closely, but you don't look or write like my idea of an ILI. You look like someone skilled in Si (those pants and shoes, man...) and your face has Te, so yeah, you do look like an SLI to me.
    Adam, you are a true bro

In the other hand, ILI' s tend to dress incredibly sloppily or overly formal but even in a three-piece suit, still manage to look like their mother picked out their clothes.
    totally agree. its why I know I'm not ILI because I know what they look like and that's not me. even though I can be lazy and sloppy its different and its a nuanced kind of thing I can't explicitly systematize but its readily perceptible to me. its why I say stuff like "ILIs are goofy"
    Last edited by Bertrand; 03-24-2017 at 03:28 AM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay I usually see Ni as a function rooted in imagination and visions of the future. I almost see it as them trying to force their internal vision of what they view the world should be onto the world. And you're saying you use Ni only in support of Si? So you're rooted in the physical world but try to utilize your imagination more? How do you view your usage of Ni?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay I usually see Ni as a function rooted in imagination and visions of the future. I almost see it as them trying to force their internal vision of what they view the world should be onto the world. And you're saying you use Ni only in support of Si? So you're rooted in the physical world but try to utilize your imagination more? How do you view your usage of Ni?
    i view my usage of Ni as rules governing my most basic forms of understanding. its basically the hard limits, like guardrails, on what's conceptually linked and whats impossible or unfounded (or crazy). I don't play with it, but it does get adjusted via hard knocks or like paradigm shifting Ne. in other words, I totally agree with how you see Ni users, but I use it purely "defensively"

I might "use it" towards some end but its more like me conforming to conventional wisdom: bible stories, parables, philosophy, etc: I'll think to myself "this is like that (joseph in the bible or something)" and proceed on the basis of that. I have a massive databank, stuff a lot of people don't, so it looks creative or novel but its not. if there's creativity its not in coming up with new things so much as in applying the old ones (Te)

role Ni with base Si is saying "we ought to respect the wisdom in those stories" we ought to seek it out (Ne) and apply it (Te) and internalize it (Fi)

this is why beta "radical restructuring" drives me nuts--its like you can't critique what you don't understand but that's precisely what they do; they throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, and whatever the cost happens to be oh well. I get that in the end that pushes things forward (at least until the advent of nuclear weapons), but so does my way and its a lot safer, and to me ethical. which is why I find the ethical posturing of beta so incredibly hypocritical and pernicious

its basically delta v beta values in a nutshell. this is a philosophical structural analysis of them
    Last edited by Bertrand; 03-24-2017 at 04:58 AM.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Bertrand are you more of a victim or a caretaker?

tbh, if you have an idea in mind already of which one you want to be, every single thing you say and do and show the people on here will make them just want to agree with you (and you'll convince yourself more and more deeply too), unless they have a particularly discerning eye. part of that is that people naturally subconsciously people please. luckily i don't have Fi so i don't have to give a fuck about that.

there's nothing to lose if you have the wrong typing. oh except hm maybe ... putting tons of time and money and effort into a relationship that's intrinsically set up to be less fulfilling.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Bertrand are you more of a victim or a caretaker?

tbh, if you have an idea in mind already of which one you want to be, every single thing you say and do and show the people on here will make them just want to agree with you (and you'll convince yourself more and more deeply too), unless they have a particularly discerning eye. part of that is that people naturally subconsciously people please. luckily i don't have Fi so i don't have to give a fuck about that.

there's nothing to lose if you have the wrong typing. oh except hm maybe ... putting tons of time and money and effort into a relationship that's intrinsically set up to be less fulfilling.
    honestly I don't even know

in the past I feel like I've acted closest to a pseudo aggressor, but I also feel like I was kind of messed up

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

honestly I don't even know

in the past I feel like I've acted closest to a pseudo aggressor, but I also feel like I was kind of messed up
    that sounds... hmm.

i mean, i can tell you i have a close older female ILI friend who you remind me of so much in personality. that partially draws me to you and your concerns too.

anyway i hope you find enough clarity that you're satisfied with, soon!

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my ILI friend says I look like a "renaissance clown" in that outfit

which I hadn't really considered but he's not totally wrong

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

.... you seem like you're kind of unsure of your appearance and you're suggestible to impressions from others on it. .....

like no matter how attractive you're assured that you are, you're still uncertain and feel you desperately need to try to improve

intuitives are almost entirely kind of like this, especially the victim intuitives are more verbal about it i find.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

not really, I just thought it was an interesting way to look at things.. I got his permission to post a photo so this is what I think a real ILI looks like

I have another ILI friend that's sort of on the other end of the spectrum (super skinny) so Ill try to get permission to post that; I think it'll be pretty illustrative

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this is what I think a real ILI looks like
    He could be ILI I guess.. but he looks more like a delta NF to me. Definitely a delta > gamma look.

it's comments about your own appearance like this, i meant, that make you seem uncertain, ILI, and victimy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast