TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thelocust View Post
    Next minute, turns out I'm IEE.
    I was just about to ask if you had considered IEE yet.

Edit: I got the vibe when I read the post I "liked" of yours above. It reminded me of some IEE here. I also wondered if it was enneagram related so didn't think it was worth mentioning until you posted. lol

FWIW, what you have posted so far and most of the responses could apply to any of the NFs.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

By this logic I am technically an EII. I'm just wondering if it's important to observe the motivations/circumstances behind your actions? It's not that I don't like being a classy dresser, I like mixing and matching clothes and jewellery quite a bit and did a lot more when I was younger. I have always dressed pretty nicely, but simply - my style tends to shift and change based on my moods or phases. I don't dress the way I do because I'm trying to be practical or thrifty... aesthetics matters to me - I'm just not always motivated to dress up or put a lot of effort into my looks - sometimes I'm really into it, other times not so much.

I also don't actively seek out weak or marginalised people as such or go out of my way to do so... I have had the tendency to be snobby in this regard. I have always enjoyed interacting with more popular people or appealing to more popular crowds, but haven't always had the confidence maintain or establish ties. My closest friends are people I've bonded with on some kind of deep level. They don't fall into the category of being weak or marginalised, but they are generally speaking very independent people that I feel some kind of mental or emotional connection with.

Would anyone be able to direct me to any descriptions of how unhealthy versions of EII and IEI act/dress etc?
    I would say more alpha. It's Fe that focuses on motivation
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I was just about to ask if you had considered IEE yet.

Edit: I got the vibe when I read the post I "liked" of yours above. It reminded me of some IEE here. I also wondered if it was enneagram related so didn't think it was worth mentioning until you posted. lol

FWIW, what you have posted so far and most of the responses could apply to any of the NFs.
    While I have a natural inclination toward it and am attracted to adventure, more often than not I need to be dragged out of my home. Someone or something needs to motivate me/inspire me.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

While I have a natural inclination toward it and am attracted to adventure, more often than not I need to be dragged out of my home. Someone or something needs to motivate me/inspire me.
    My EII sister and I are the same. We both have to be dragged out of the house. She has gone on way more exotic vacations than me. I am more likely to talk someone into staying in with me though. Her husband likes to have her by his side when he is making public appearances for publicity. She is a dutiful wife.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I would say more alpha. It's Fe that focuses on motivation
    Yeah, but Ne/Ni sees things from multiple perspectives... I'm not strictly focused on motivation, but I think it's a perspective worth taking into consideration.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My EII sister and I are the same. We both have to be dragged out of the house. She has gone on way more exotic vacations than me. I am more likely to talk someone into staying in with me though. Her husband likes to have her by his side when he is making public appearances for publicity. She is a dutiful wife.
    Yeah, I would probably find excuses to stay home and only go out if I have to.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yeah, I would probably find excuses to stay home and only go out if I have to.
    So we are both flakes.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we are both flakes.
    Yeah, I'm the worst.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12