0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Sade (Helen Folasade Adu)

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Sade (Helen Folasade Adu)

Helen Folasade Adu, singer-songwriter, better known as Sade.

Helen Folasade Adu, OBE, known professionally as Sade Adu or simply Sade, is a Nigerian-born English singer-songwriter, composer, arranger, and record producer. With members Paul S. Denman, Andrew Hale, and Stuart Matthewman, she gained worldwide fame as the lead vocalist of the English band Sade. Following a brief stint as a fashion designer of men's clothing and part-time model, Adu began backup singing for the band Pride. Growing attention from record labels led her, along with other fellow band members, to separate from Pride and form the band Sade. Following a record deal with Epic Records the band released their debut album Diamond Life (1984). The album sold over six million copies, becoming one of the top-selling debut recordings of the 1980s, and the best-selling debut ever by a British female vocalist.
    In 2005, Sade moved to the Cotswolds, Gloucestershire in the countryside where she bought a run-down, stone-built cottage near Stroud to renovate. Prior to the release of Soldier of Love in 2010, the Daily Mail described her as "famously reclusive". On her disavowal of overt fame, she said in 2012: "Artistically, I have high aspirations. I don’t want to do anything less than the best I can do."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sade_(singer)

Sade is so very private, so extremely wary of the press that her friends – all of whom are bound to silence – have nicknamed her Howie, after Howard Hughes. The most reclusive British singer of the 1980s has kept such a low profile since her Smooth Operator days – one tour in 14 years – that, when we meet at the London office of her record label to hear the songs from her new album, Soldier of Love, I am the only person in the room who has met her before. [...] Paradoxically, in person she is open, friendly and relaxed – she's happy to let me into her spacious Georgian house in leafy north London – and willing to laugh at herself. Unlike her songs, which are often freighted with introspective sadness and regret, her conversation is punctuated with a lively and very English self-mockery. She tells me about a graffitied poster of herself that her guitarist Stuart Matthewman spotted in New York. Above her glamorous image, some wag had sprayed the observation: “This bitch sings when she wants to.” Sade thinks this hilarious. It sums up her career pretty well. She makes music on her own terms.
    https://www.soulhead.com/2012/05/07/...k-daily-times/

I don't think I've ever really known what romance is. I'm a mixture of being really idealistic and hopeful, and really pessimistic about our future. I've always been like that. Because of my age, I've been thinking a lot about what we are going to do, how we are going to get out of this mess. I guess on a big scale, I'm a bit of a pessimist when I look at the world economically, where we are at this stage and how unbalanced everything is. But, individually, as far as people are concerned, I'm an optimist, because I believe there's a lot of good in people. When it comes to trusting people, I have quite good instincts. I'm a bit witchy; witchy woman. [laughs] I think now, I'm less open than I used to be sometimes, because I have to protect myself.
    http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2015/07/sade-interview

Last edited by hag; 01-19-2020 at 01:19 PM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

maybe my dual or eii

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Negativist in the quotes. ESI! She's like the more animated and less enneagram 4 version of FKA Twigs.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SLI imo. I listened to some of her songs a while back and they just 'don't make it through' to me, which brought Superego relations to mind. I was left with the same impression as after the conversations I've had with a SLI ex-housemate.

enneagram - 9w8 sx/sp

All that Si smoothness in her songs just puts me to sleep.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd got the impression of Fi introversion, her near-obsessiveness with it in particular

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by khcs; 07-24-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sade (Helen Folasade Adu) - INFP - Yesenin

Last edited by khcs; 07-24-2020 at 07:21 PM.

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI