Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do IEs Really Exist?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    The main economic drive of automation is that it is supposed to reduce costs, and if this would create the same amount of higher paying or same paying jobs than it would be irrelevant. The biggest savings in money are in workforce, and in some cases it's drastic. These companies have huge profits yet hire very little people, so their profits per hired person are even more ridiculous than their earnings. Such huge earnings come from mass usage of automation.
    Unless we're talking about two different employers. But even if we're not, I'm talking about the fact that jobs which can be replaced with automation are freeing up resources to create jobs that cannot. This is how it has always been with automation. The automation still reduces costs because if the company had to pay a workforce that can be automated but is not, and a workforce which is not automated because it cannot (yet) be performed by a non-human it would still pay more.

The real question is whether AI is different from other forms of automation, if "this time is different" or if history will repeat itself. I don't know what will happen but while I do think it's good to be prepared for the worse, it's also not certain if this is what will happen.

The most civilised countries are going to be hit most, as high paying jobs are more likely to be automated. In 10 years I think 1/3 of current jobs will be automated in western world, and these will be high paying and low paying jobs. Inequality will be even higher. And medical costs will be also higher because western societies are getting older.
    Low paying jobs are more likely to be automated, simply because there is more of them and thus they cost more. High paying jobs cost less because there is less of them. "High paying" and "low paying" are relative terms btw.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're likely the only thing that exist if you aren't willing to believe in the more "derived" portions of socionics. It simply asserts there are different segments of reality that different people are more likely to pay attention to.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234