Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 71 of 71

Thread: What Do You Consider Your Greatest Weakness?

  1. #41
    Denn wir haben hier keine bleibende Statt entelecheia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    torn between the light and dark
    TIM
    FVLE
    Posts
    2,297
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Cassandra (and the board in general) I always find it interesting how enneagram has managed to more or less entirely re-define "self-preservation instinct" from how that's normally thought of. Normally, it's defined like "Slytherins have a good sense of self-preservation so they weigh and calculate things before they act" (from the Harry Potter Wikia page I put in my Slytherin group here, since I noticed a lot of people here like to identify with Hogwarts houses) or "the scorpion symbolically represents self-preservation among other things". Both of those things are considered more Sx-y though in enneagram, and self-preservation is basically "eating regularly, noticing the temperature in the room, etc." which is rather different than the often darker connotations that that idea has in pretty much everything outside of enneagram. (Never mind that people also relate things like farming, hunting, camping, gardening, making a house in the woods, etc. to Sp for some reason when the people who are into that and the people who care about regular meals and heating and air conditioning, if put into a Venn diagram, would have absolutely no overlap. Which is it, guys?)

  2. #42
    Fembot Olimpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,183
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    @Cassandra (and the board in general) I always find it interesting how enneagram has managed to more or less entirely re-define "self-preservation instinct" from how that's normally thought of. Normally, it's defined like "Slytherins have a good sense of self-preservation so they weigh and calculate things before they act" (from the Harry Potter Wikia page I put in my Slytherin group here, since I noticed a lot of people here like to identify with Hogwarts houses) or "the scorpion symbolically represents self-preservation among other things". Both of those things are considered more Sx-y though in enneagram, and self-preservation is basically "eating regularly, noticing the temperature in the room, etc." which is rather different than the often darker connotations that that idea has in pretty much everything outside of enneagram. (Never mind that people also relate things like farming, hunting, camping, gardening, making a house in the woods, etc. to Sp for some reason when the people who are into that and the people who care about regular meals and heating and air conditioning, if put into a Venn diagram, would have absolutely no overlap. Which is it, guys?)
    Hm, I get the impression you are describing the difference between Sp/Sx and Sp/So there (unknowingly).

     
    Slytherin as a house is very Contraflow, and seems to be mostly made up of So/Sp and Sp/Sx individuals.
    Sp/Sx has this "darker" energy to it often times, because it is both contraflow and SO blindspot... Just read up on Sp/Sx descriptions.

    Sp/So is the "lighter" version, being both synflow and not SO blindspot.

    Sp/So is more like the farmer, whereas Sp/Sx rather resembles the alchemist.

    One could say that the "dark side" is mostly Contraflow and SO blindspot, and the "light side" is mostly Synflow and not SO blindspot.
    So the "lightest" stackings would be So/Sx and Sp/So, whereas the "darkest" one would be Sp/Sx.

    The other stackings fall in-between, Sx/Sp being the darkest on the "good side" and possibly the bridge between the light side and the dark side.
    So/Sp can also be a bridge between the dark and light side (being SO first), but it depends on how elitist they are; if they are very elitist and concerned with being of a higher rank, like Draco Malfoy, they will remain pretty much on the "dark side". Sx/So seems to be stuck between both realms; most individuals tend to lean to the "light" or "dark" side in one way or another, but this is usually a very fickle preference that can much more easily change based on circumstance. Sx/So often rather remains (or claims to be, like Nolan's Joker) in a grey zone, drawing energy from both the light and dark sides and employing it in the way they find best.

    All in all, I'd argue that the "Sx-y" undertone to the self-preservation descriptions of Slytherin stem from the fact that many Slytherins are Sp/Sx (actually, Snape is probably one of those). Those self-preservation descriptions that seem devoid of any Sx are more like Sp/So.

    At last, I'd like to mention that Sp/Sx people can be inherently "good", but then they are in this grey zone which is more Neutral (like Catwoman, who is a thief but still helps Batman out and is "good" at heart). It is rare (if not impossible) to find an Sp/Sx who is clearly on the "light side", just like it is rare to find an So/Sx or Sp/So who is clearly on the "dark side".
    Last edited by Olimpia; 03-26-2017 at 09:37 AM.
    Seize Success Society [x]

    My typing blog [x]
    My theory blog [x]
    My tumblr blog [x]


  3. #43
    Word Definition Warrior – WDW Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    dispersed into the cosmos
    TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Posts
    1,843
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Or weaknesses, if you can't or don't want to narrow it down to one - I'm curious about how you define it.


    Starting out - Three things.
    1. My greatest weakness is definitely poor health. No matter what I try, my disposition remains the same. I feel intense shame in that regard but try to accept it. I always silently suspect that I am sick exactly because I am ashamed, that it's a vicious circle.
    2. Second in line: lacking conception of what is going on around me. I walk through life on intuitive autopilot 90% of the time.
    3. I'm oversensitive to body things. I couldn't work in a hospital for even ten minutes. I have a dramatic breakdown around surgeons, dentists, just people trying to use their instruments on me. I can't watch horror movies either.

    I can handle dentists and they are not all LSIs. Just put enough local anesthesia and I'm fine. Tools are just tools. Fascinating.

    My wisdom tooth issues (all 4 infected...) gives me creeps. It all another level when the roots are deep. I just was in panorama X-ray for my head. The pain I might experience.... Scenery had bit biting look on it.
    Enneagram 3 blindspot. Visual deficits in 4, 8. Triple instinctual blindspot.

  4. #44
    stronger, faster, weirder
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    SLE 8w9-2-5 SX/sp
    Posts
    1,445
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    But really, why would you tell everyone your biggest weakness on the public Internet?
    The same reason people spend time posting their thoughts for others to read at all on the internet. Because of boredom, and also people are at least hundreds of miles away from you and can't hurt you at all in most cases.

    Also exercising some vulnerability can be a pleasurable experience for most people. It builds trust, and without trust, you have no community.

  5. #45
    Artist Chae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 3w4
    Posts
    7,248
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    But really, why would you tell everyone your biggest weakness on the public Internet?
    Being strong is easy. Showing weakness is so, so difficult. Take the challenge. It feels good when you open your heart - write it down, and close it again knowing you are able to bear whatever makes you feel powerless, even if it's only in words somewhere on the Internet. The question itself poses significance once you give it access.

  6. #46
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    sx/sp 468
    Posts
    2,506
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    But really, why would you tell everyone your biggest weakness on the public Internet?
    such a 5

  7. #47
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Being strong is easy. Showing weakness is so, so difficult.
    That's easy to say when you haven't gone your whole life with your weakness constantly dripping out your eyes and nose and mouth and practically castrating you.

  8. #48
    Artist Chae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 3w4
    Posts
    7,248
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
    That's easy to say when you haven't gone your whole life with your weakness constantly dripping out your eyes and nose and mouth and practically castrating you.
    Hm?

  9. #49
    Denn wir haben hier keine bleibende Statt entelecheia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    torn between the light and dark
    TIM
    FVLE
    Posts
    2,297
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Being strong is easy. Showing weakness is so, so difficult. Take the challenge. It feels good when you open your heart - write it down, and close it again knowing you are able to bear whatever makes you feel powerless, even if it's only in words somewhere on the Internet. The question itself poses significance once you give it access.
    But you don't tell your biggest weakness to everyone. That's how you get stabbed in the back. Just keep it in some diary or tell your best friend. Minor weaknesses are a rather different issue.

  10. #50
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    sx/sp 468
    Posts
    2,506
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is a difference between being strong and acting strong. You can be strong while showing weakness. You can hide weakness and act strong, but that's not actual strength.
    Avoiding being shot down all your life and still standing up proves nothing. But if you have gotten shot down and you get up each time, thats something.

  11. #51
    Denn wir haben hier keine bleibende Statt entelecheia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    torn between the light and dark
    TIM
    FVLE
    Posts
    2,297
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    There is a difference between being strong and acting strong. You can be strong while showing weakness. You can hide weakness and act strong, but that's not actual strength.
    Avoiding being shot down all your life and still standing up proves nothing. But if you have gotten shot down and you get up each time, thats something.
    If you can be strong while showing weakness in all cases, then give me your bank PIN please. Nothing in life is universal.

  12. #52
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    sx/sp 468
    Posts
    2,506
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    If you can be strong while showing weakness in all cases, then give me your bank PIN please. Nothing in life is universal.



    I guess i just value growth alot.

  13. #53
    Denn wir haben hier keine bleibende Statt entelecheia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    torn between the light and dark
    TIM
    FVLE
    Posts
    2,297
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post



    I guess i just value growth alot.
    Then give me your bank PIN.

  14. #54
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    sx/sp 468
    Posts
    2,506
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Then give me your bank PIN.
    Thats forcing it. And thats not authentic

  15. #55
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,706
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    At work, my greatest weakness is that I'm terrible at estimating time. And customers keep asking how long something will take, so I'll make something up.

    "Want to come get it in two days?"
    "Oh, I needed it today."
    "Okay, how about two hours? I think I can have it done in two hours."
    "Alright."
    *twenty minutes later it's done and I have to wait for them to come get it

    or

    "It should be ready in two hours."
    *two hours later*
    "I'm here for my order."
    "Uh...can you come get it tomorrow afternoon?"

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  16. #56
    Denn wir haben hier keine bleibende Statt entelecheia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    torn between the light and dark
    TIM
    FVLE
    Posts
    2,297
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Thats forcing it. And thats not authentic
    Living on the streets with no money is 5790% more authentic than telling everyone every time you fantasize extensively about killing someone who slightly rustles your jimmies, have a dream where you shag someone you think is disgusting, or use the toilet. Shelter, food, and clothing just take us away from the state of lying naked, cold, helpless, and eventually dead with and against that brutal goddess Nature whence we sprung and whither we return, like Oedipus with his mother.

  17. #57
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    sx/sp 468
    Posts
    2,506
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Living on the streets with no money is 5790% more authentic than telling everyone every time you fantasize extensively about killing someone who slightly rustles your jimmies, have a dream where you shag someone you think is disgusting, or use the toilet. Shelter, food, and clothing just take us away from the state of lying naked, cold, helpless, and eventually dead with and against that brutal goddess Nature whence we sprung and whither we return, like Oedipus with his mother.
    If you force living in the streets, then yes it is unauthentic.

  18. #58
    Denn wir haben hier keine bleibende Statt entelecheia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    torn between the light and dark
    TIM
    FVLE
    Posts
    2,297
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If you force living in the streets, then yes it is unauthentic.
    All of civilization is an artifice. Are you not brushed up on your Romanticism?

    Found the 9

  19. #59
    Voodoo Fetishist Jailbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    SEE Sx/So
    Posts
    1,112
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post



    I guess i just value growth alot.
    No you don't. You're bitter and you have absolutely no good qualities.


    lmfaooooo
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.

  20. #60
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    Erato~459~sx/sp
    Posts
    9,676
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    If you can be strong while showing weakness in all cases, then give me your bank PIN please. Nothing in life is universal.
    Here's mine 9696. Its real. What are you going to do with it?

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  21. #61
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    sx/sp 468
    Posts
    2,506
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    No you don't. You're bitter and you have absolutely no good qualities.


    lmfaooooo
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

  22. #62
    Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    651
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Biggest weakness: laundry

  23. #63
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Inside you
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,096
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way.
    i doubt it
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  24. #64
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,430
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    Biggest weakness: laundry
    Ditch the rock by the river, get a vertical front-load washer dryer unit. Use Tide detergent. It has in it every chemical that science has ever devised for separating dirt and grease from clothes. When you are done, pour the waste water on your lawn. The detergent is a powerful fertilizer.

    http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_and_the_magic_washing_machine

    https://geo300summer.wordpress.com/2...hades-of-grey/

  25. #65
    Artist Chae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 3w4
    Posts
    7,248
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    *takes notes about detergent in the distance* Yes yes go on everybody

  26. #66
    Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    651
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Ditch the rock by the river, get a vertical front-load washer dryer unit. Use Tide detergent. It has in it every chemical that science has ever devised for separating dirt and grease from clothes. When you are done, pour the waste water on your lawn. The detergent is a powerful fertilizer.

    http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_and_the_magic_washing_machine

    https://geo300summer.wordpress.com/2...hades-of-grey/
    Ooh good stuff

    I have a tendency to put everything in the laundry and completely forget I was doing it, and by that time I have to start all over

  27. #67
    Shaebette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Nairobi
    TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. Low energy levels. I'll hype myself about going out more and having fun but get tired before I get to enjoy any of those things.
    2. Insecure. I'm really insecure (deep inside even though I hide it) so I can't be as much fun to people around me. Like I can't just start dancing or singing really loudly or wear whatever the fuck I want to in front of people even though I can do those things when I'm alone or with my boyfriend.
    3. Paying attention to my surroundings . My LSI and SEE friends are tired of saving me from being hit by cars or actually just walking into a pole I didn't see.
    4. Showing my friends and family I love them or just spending time with and talking to them. I'm social-last and find it hard to 'remember' my friends especially when I'm in a relationship. Sucks because I do love them, I just find it hard to diversify my passion. Issalaserlike one

    C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

  28. #68
    isptn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My greatest weakness is my inability to function efficiently due to chronic burnout. What keeps me afloat is the will to ignore pain and keep moving forward, doing what must be done. What hinders me is inattention to details, forgetfulness, and the potential to miss some important task or deadline. What will ultimately save me is my willingness to do things differently, unafraid of the unfamiliar, to take risks.

  29. #69

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not noticing in time when I'm too stuck on one direction/option I chose. Easily becoming oblivious about some people-related stuff.

  30. #70
    Artist Chae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 3w4
    Posts
    7,248
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I gotta mention cake though, it has me weeeeaaaak

  31. #71
    wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    ding ding ding we have a loser
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    897
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Apathy
    awldjkwepierpgokqweølfqøerlkfdaergnhtm¨å¨æ''-we-fqpoeufasdøflthøljwtlhkjrøtlhhhhhhhhhhsapfoeporipr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •