stronger, faster, weirder
    TIM
    SLE 8w9-2-5 SX/sp
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default What's your dosha?

Do you know what your ayurvedic dosha is/are?

http://eattasteheal.com/Ayurveda101/ETH_BodyTypes.htm

I'm Kapha.

TIM
    Erato~459~sx/sp
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

By your link I would pick vata I think.

vata-pitta.PNGvata-pitta2.PNG

I have taken these two before and usually the results are vata-pitta.

https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/info/prakriti-quiz/

https://store.chopra.com/dosha-quiz

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

TIM
    6w5 614 sp/sx H-ILI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    sx/sp 4w3 Ni
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Pitta

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 3w4
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ohhhh. Very interesting.

My first glance says Pitta-Vata-Kapha, will take the test later

"Surrealism... is the magical surprise of finding a lion in a wardrobe, where you were sure of finding shirts." - Frida Kahlo

TIM
    IEE-Fi SX/SO 3w4
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Ohhhh. Very interesting.

My first glance says Pitta-Vata-Kapha, will take the test later
    Confirmed: Pitta 82 | Vata 70 | Kapha... 22

"Surrealism... is the magical surprise of finding a lion in a wardrobe, where you were sure of finding shirts." - Frida Kahlo

TIM
    EII-Ne, 6w? sp/so/sx
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kapha > Pitta, I think.

Fairly balanced though on the tests.

TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What if I don't care?

Nonetheless, from your link I guess Kapha is highest by a bit, then Pitta and Vatta fairly close with Pitta a pinch higher.

From Aylen's quizzes:

= First one:
    Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 18.15.00.png

= Second one:
    Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 18.29.06.png

~*Me so special*~
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    SLE 8w9-2-5 SX/sp
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@GuavaDrunk it's not like it's that important, but if you understand your general body type and the doshas, you can know what steps you can take to maintain your health and emotions/mind generally and ward off imbalances.

so my type is Kapha so for general maintenance I should follow Kapha guidelines otherwise I'll manifest Kapha problems like being fat and slowing down too much and having a stagnant mind lol. right now i have a vata-natured imbalance though (too much worry and anxiety, heart palpitations), so eating grounding foods that are normally not great for Kaphas at this time are good for me now (walnuts--grounding for vata) while still following Kapha guidelines overall.

TIM
    9w1
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first test gave Kapha-Vata second on gave Kapha-Pitta

Kapha makes a lot of sense. I realized that my skin is much drier than it used to and this test made me consider that it's probably because i've been eating a lot of cereals as of late. I've recently moved to another country and still have not got into eating normally. No more dry snacks for this kapha. Glad I have an extra reason to eat chilli.

edit: I think that the dryness also comes from daily use of make-up removing wipes =// back to coconut oil
    Last edited by kalinoche; 03-21-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    unholy water sanguine addiction

TIM
    S to the L to the E
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've taken a professional assessment in Thailand years ago (lol) and got Pitta. Makes sense since my Chinese element is fire too, and I'm Choleric-Sanguine.

TIM
    Erato~459~sx/sp
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

I had this guy do my vedic astrology chart and he says I have a yoga that gives me kapha constitution. The tests says otherwise though. I didn't read the whole thing yet because it was like 100 pages and full of charts I am not familiar with.

http://www.astrologykrs.com/

The strength of Hamsa yoga depends upon the Lagan and the house in which the yoga is being formed. Hamsa Yoga should be very carefully interpreted as it is supposed to produce a person of great character and immense wisdom. The native will be known for his helpful and generous attitude. In Sanskrit Jupiter is called Guru, therefore the native with strong Hamsa yoga will have the qualities that will be similar to that of a teacher. He will be able to influence others and be a person of simple living and high thinking. He will set an example for others to follow. It is the Yoga for self realization and sacrifice. It is also the Yoga for light, knowledge and truth. Jupiter Hamsa Yoga gives religious merit and spiritual beneficence. As Jupiter is the planet for learning the native will be interested to gather more knowledge and will be a philosophical type.

Result : The person has a fair complexion, prominent cheeks, beautiful face, and the skin has a golden luster. The voice is sweet like that of a swan. The person has Kapha constitution and has fondness of water sports. The sexual urge is insatiable. The person has a thirst of knowledge and sacred scriptures, is virtuous, doing good to others, and is blessed with a beautiful spouse. Enjoying variety of physical and material comforts the person will leave this world at the age of 100 in a forest.

I don't like water sports. I have a water allergy. The bold part is beautiful though.

Maybe I am kapha mind trapped in a vata-pitta body. I am tran-something.

TIM
    Erato~459~sx/sp
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    @GuavaDrunk it's not like it's that important, but if you understand your general body type and the doshas, you can know what steps you can take to maintain your health and emotions/mind generally and ward off imbalances.

so my type is Kapha so for general maintenance I should follow Kapha guidelines otherwise I'll manifest Kapha problems like being fat and slowing down too much and having a stagnant mind lol. right now i have a vata-natured imbalance though (too much worry and anxiety, heart palpitations), so eating grounding foods that are normally not great for Kaphas at this time are good for me now (walnuts--grounding for vata) while still following Kapha guidelines overall.
    I have been buying some kapha and pitta teas but I decided not to get the vata tea. I also bought some stuff from banyan to treat my allergies. I felt the pitta tea would probably be better for me but it has been pointed out recently that I have some vata specific things going on with me.

TIM
    SLE 8w9-2-5 SX/sp
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I have been buying some kapha and pitta teas but I decided not to get the vata tea. I also bought some stuff from banyan to treat my allergies. I felt the pitta tea would probably be better for me but it has been pointed out recently that I have some vata specific things going on with me.
    whats been going on and have any of those teas made a difference?

TIM
    S to the L to the E
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sort of tea, is it a compound?

TIM
    SLE 8w9-2-5 SX/sp
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aylen thinking about it, based on what i know of you you're probably mainly Vata (jk about what i said about mainly Pitta before, but yeah you could be a mix), though i'm certainly no expert. tests and especially astrology lol can be iffy. an ayurvedic practictioner will look at your bodily constitution, ask you about your and your family health history, and feel your pulse to determine your dosha. i recently got assessed by a professional and he gave me pure kapha. most people have one or two primary doshas, with tri-doshic people being 5% or less of the population i've read.
    Last edited by niffer; 03-21-2017 at 05:18 PM.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

kapha means fat

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

I am Pitta-Vata

TIM
    Erato~459~sx/sp
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

whats been going on and have any of those teas made a difference?
    They make the biggest difference in substituting caffeine and sugar. I don't need to put sugar in them to drink them. I think the act of drinking them is good for my state of mind if nothing else. Satan showed me this site since he thought I was primarily vata too after I told him my average bpm of my heart. I have always had a light fast heartbeat but low blood pressure. I also have had a murmur since childhood. There is a chart on the link. I do want to see someone and get evaluated too but the closest is an hour away.

My rate right now is 95 bpm as I write this. It tends to get faster when I write. I have not stood up for about a half hour so it is close to resting other than my fingers moving.

http://www.ayurvedacollege.com/articles/students/pulse

I can relate to things in all three but vata-pitta seems fine. Body is more vata probably.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    What sort of tea, is it a compound?
    The pitta is

"Rose petals are considered cooling in ayurveda, helping to pacify Pitta dosha. • Licorice contributes the sweet taste, useful for pacifying Pitta. • Cardamom is considered an excellent digestive, especially beneficial for bloating and intestinal gas. • Ginger is a zesty spice useful in aiding digestion, promoting appetite and helping with occasional stomach discomfort. • In ayurveda, cinnamon is used to balance the digestion and can also help with occasional stomach discomfort."

and the kapha is:

"Spice wise: •Dried ground ginger is a warming spice, contributing the pungent taste. It helps pacify Vata and Kapha and increases Pitta. It is included in many Maharishi Ayurveda formulations because of its beneficial properties. •In ayurveda, cloves are considered to promote healthy circulation, digestion and metabolism and to help with occasional stomach discomfort, such as gas, bloating and nausea. •Black pepper is considered an important spice in ayurveda. It has cleansing and antioxidant properties, and it is a bioavailability enhancer — it helps transport the benefits of other herbs to the different parts of the body. It helps the free flow of oxygen to the brain, helps enhance digestion and circulation, and stimulates the appetite. •Cardamom is tridoshic (good for balancing all three doshas). Cardamom is considered an excellent digestive, especially beneficial for bloating and intestinal gas. It is excellent for balancing Kapha, particularly in the stomach and the lungs. •Turmeric is ubiquitous in ayurvedic cooking. It contains the flavonoid curcumin, which is known to have many beneficial properties. This all-around wonder spice is said to help detoxify the liver, help maintain balanced cholesterol levels, help maintain a healthy response to allergens, stimulate digestion, and support immunity and a healthy complexion. It is also an antioxidant. "

TIM
    S to the L to the E
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pitta is

"Rose petals are considered cooling in ayurveda, helping to pacify Pitta dosha. • Licorice contributes the sweet taste, useful for pacifying Pitta. • Cardamom is considered an excellent digestive, especially beneficial for bloating and intestinal gas. • Ginger is a zesty spice useful in aiding digestion, promoting appetite and helping with occasional stomach discomfort. • In ayurveda, cinnamon is used to balance the digestion and can also help with occasional stomach discomfort."
    Lol, that's what my mom has always said whenever she buys me sweats

TIM
    EIE-Ni 471 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Niffer
    most people have one or two primary doshas, with tri-doshic people being 5% or less of the population i've read.
    I feel like that'd probably be me though, and 5% is 1 in 20 so not particularly rare, just not common. I don't have any particular motivation to go talk to some Ayurvedic person right now though so I can't reasonably care, although on this test I got Pitta > Vata > Kapha (some elements of all of them, but in that order).

TIM
    SLE 8w9-2-5 SX/sp
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    I feel like that'd probably be me though, and 5% is 1 in 20 so not particularly rare, just not common. I don't have any particular motivation to go talk to some Ayurvedic person right now though so I can't reasonably care, although on this test I got Pitta > Vata > Kapha (some elements of all of them, but in that order).
    I read that 5% line in an interview transcript with an ayurvedic practitioner. I have no idea how accurate or hyperbolic what she said was.

Simply having an "average" or "balanced" seeming body constitution doesn't mean you have a mix. You can feel how you want to feel though, nobody's stopping you.

TIM
    SLE 8w9-2-5 SX/sp
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    kapha means fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    I am Pitta-Vata
    then you should be kapha?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 471 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that 5% line in an interview transcript with an ayurvedic practitioner. I have no idea how accurate or hyperbolic what she said was.

Simply having an "average" or "balanced" seeming body constitution doesn't mean you have a mix. You can feel how you want to feel though, nobody's stopping you.
    That's not the entirety of my reasoning, but as I said, I don't really have any motivation to see some Ayurvedic person right now, so I don't know (I don't even know which of the 3 on the test I'd predominantly or only have for sure either, since it's, well, an Internet test) and I can't really care.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vata: 34

Pitta: 52

Kapha: 72

I can see a case being made for a Dosha-Temperament correlation
    Last edited by Jake; 03-22-2017 at 09:00 PM.