Thread: Profile of an LSE?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Profile of an LSE?

I don't think people have much patience for typing strangers based on pure 3rd party description but I'm feeling sentimental and wanna talk about her anyway. I posted pics somewhere at some point, when I was more careless and invested in the forum, but I can't remember if there was a consensus - maybe LSE, since that's what I've been typing her for awhile.

The LSE typing is mostly predicated in my mind on her being very into maintaining a good home and caring for children. She even majored in home ec in college with dreams of managing her family well. She has a bunch of kids and they are the main focus and purpose in her life. Also the fact that she's very partisan and into politics, she enjoys rubbing elbows with local politicians, even ran for county commissioner, and took pleasure in her daughter being a journalist, giving her more access to and knowledge of those circles.

The home ec/good mother stuff doesn't make her old fashioned or demure at all. To me she's kind of the model of a strong and independent woman that I didn't get in my own family. She's a single mom and does everything herself, she is very blunt and opinionated, and doesn't seem afraid of much. She makes major, life changing decisions with ease and confidence. She is one of those people who states ugly truths with a laugh and a shrug. She doesn't give a ladylike impression, but I think she might be slightly pained by this and wish to be more so. She dresses for comfort, scoffs at high heels, and when she takes risks with makeup and stuff it's kinda iffy.

The single area where she struggles, makes choices that aren't in her best interest, and has insecurities is when it comes to men. She has a string of exes that she's not on good terms with. She seems to be the save-a-man type. Seeing her date is endearing because it's the only time her bravado falls and she's like, "what do I do? I don't know if he likes me?" She's always afraid of coming on too strong and never wants to make the first move (which seems in contrast to her personality), but maybe that's just how she was raised (in the 70s/80s). She frequently asks her IEE daughter for advice.

Imo she has a good relationship with her daughter, even though her daughter always complains about her to me - mainly pushiness and attempts to control her, lack of patience, and the effect of her romantic decisions on her life. Her daughter has been my friend since I was 12, and her mother refers to me as "my other daughter" and has always been very inclusive towards me. Actually what inspired this sentimentality is that she invited me to Easter - she knows I've been really lonely lately and has been conscious to make efforts to bring me in and I really appreciate it.

The thing about her that I find most helpful or 'dualizing' is the way when I'm under stress she quickly and decisively tells me "this is what is in your control. This is what is out of your control." It eases my anxiety immensely, because that information is not very clear to me myself. She doesn't go into clear instruction/detail or the micro management that annoys me in other LSEs, but if I ask she'll give me the best starting point. I don't experience her as pushy or controlling like her daughter does, maybe because I'm not actually her daughter. But based on the occasional comment she makes, to be honest I think she sees me as more competent. She doesn't tell me what to do. It's more that she provides a feeling of clarity and makes the landscape look more simple for me to navigate through the way I want to.

She lacks patience for people who ask for help without being willing to help themselves, don't take responsibly for their lives, and make excuses. This seems to be her biggest pet peeve. But she's generous by nature and pretty reasonable in her judgment of others.

So yeah.. I've pondered her being my dual, but overall LSE seems most appropriate. Input is cool, but mostly I just felt like talking about her.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lungs whats your dual?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    @lungs whats your dual?
    LIE. But EII was my initial self typing and is always on the back burner, so after making this thread I'm readying myself for comments about that lol.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She does sound LSE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rational Te ego type seems okay imo, I can't tell if taciturn or narrative from the description maybe leaning on positivist though home ec does sound more concrete so ST

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    LIE. But EII was my initial self typing and is always on the back burner, so after making this thread I'm readying myself for comments about that lol.
    Why did you self type as EII?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    Why did you self type as EII?
    Oh man. It's nice when someone is curious and doesn't mind me talking about myself, so thank you, but I get stressed out whenever I think about my type and I'd rather avoid it, lol.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Oh man. It's nice when someone is curious and doesn't mind me talking about myself, so thank you, but I get stressed out whenever I think about my type and I'd rather avoid it, lol.
    Sort of because you feel like you didn't have good reasons for the typing? No worries. Anyway I was going to add how I see the types, to me LSE & LIE are easier to tell apart because one of them is an extroverted and the other is introverted.

The introvert is detached heavily succumbed in abstract ideas, trapped in their mind. Extroverts instead are more alert, both types think and have an interest in ideas, one of them is less looney and that's the extrovert.

Secondly, the individualist and collectivist dichotomy sets in, the attitude in values are different - individualist are more laid-back not so focused on their group in society. Whilst collectivists are more attune to their group and see people things through their group values. (this dichotomy is true but difficult to exactly comprehend since as social animals we understand groups & ourselves at a nominal level)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Now you're thinking that you are EII?

There's nothing in your lengthy observation that points to type elements. I mean all you described are characteristics of a relatively strong willed individual who was able to overcome life difficulties and thrive. I can point to many types that have had similar experiences
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Now you're thinking that you are EII?

There's nothing in your lengthy observation that points to type elements. I mean all you described are characteristics of a relatively strong willed individual who was able to overcome life difficulties and thrive. I can point to many types that have had similar experiences
    I didn't say that. Relax.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody tagged me/replied but then deleted their post. I should have explained more but I wasn't as eager to do so afterwards

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes LSE. I was personally revolted by almost everything you told me about her, but I am glad you found somebody that you look up to like that.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets View Post
    Yes LSE. I was personally revolted by almost everything you told me about her, but I am glad you found somebody that you look up to like that.
    lolz

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Are you drunk again? Because you become a very very difficult person when you are and if you are maybe you should step away from me.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets View Post
    I see Se. I don't see Te.

" She makes major, life changing decisions with ease and confidence."

I would say that LSE moe over information and facts for a while before the confidently move on a decision. They are usually not the best at being decisive so quickly, while I feel like Se types are better at decisiveness.

I say this because change is very hard for LSEs. Being thrown in a new situation, they take a while to adjust gears and adapt.
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Nope.
    You got drunk with Maritsa before?!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW