Thread: Neurobiological foundations for Socionics/Jungian types

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Neurobiological foundations for Socionics/Jungian types

What do you guys think of Dario Nardi and Helen Fisher's work? Nardi did studies using EEG (tracking/recording electrical activity in the brain) to find correlations between use of certain cognitive functions and activity in certain brain regions (summary here). Fisher noticed four main types related to the degree of expression of four hormones/neurotransmitters and posits a theory of attraction based on them (summary here). In broad strokes, it seems to me that serotonin = Si ego, dopamine = Se ego, testosterone = NT, estrogen = NF, though maybe some could be debated or maybe some individuals don't fit perfectly. E.g., an LII stuck in a tertiary loop (in MBTI parlance; basically means overusing Si and underusing Ne) might have more serotonin than testosterone.

Among my friends, I feel like Fisher's theory of attraction explains the relationships that Socionics doesn't explain (though they each explain roughly the same %). Out of my EII friends, I am the one who likes LSEs the most, and even then, I seem to be more attracted to Gamma NTs. I have two EII friends dating LIIs, an LSE dating an SEI, etc. I also have an EII friend dating an SLI, two ILIs dating each other, and SEI who dated an LII for a long time, so I don't think Socionics is wrong, but I think Fisher's theory can add to it.

(My post implicitly assumes that there is a one-to-one mapping between Sociotypes and MBTI types. I think it's as simple as keeping the top two cognitive functions the same. I.e., EII/INFj = FiNe = INFP.)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

Attraction is possible between two types with not so compatible types. You should know their intimacy to realize how relationships are actually working.

However, you should be careful when converting introverted types from MBTI to Socion: J/P switch works midly well for intuitive types, not for sensitive ones.

EII - LII: look-a-like, they can get along and do not harm each other easily but neither attach with leading/suggestive functions.

LSE - SEI: J/P switch does not apply so it shoud be LSE - ESI aka semi-duality.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's Fisher's theory of attraction?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.
    From my POV duality is often present in LTR thought.

Are you sure for the relationship beetween types and neurotransmitters/hormones ? Isn't it a bit melting two different things firstly, and if not, it can compare to DCNH as much as type imho. Builder = creative, director = dominant, explorer = I don't know, ...
    There is too much more in the brain than these neurotransmitters, you have NMDA receptors, the 3 types of opioids receptors, gaba receptors...

edit : ok, I misread the study, it seem to be like you said.

edit : 10% female directors. I'm currently fearing for my life. Attitude change. Let's not give any fuck about duality.
    Last edited by noaydi; 06-17-2017 at 12:48 AM.