the16types.info is fake news entelecheia's Avatar
    TIM
    UNIQUE
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    That's interesting - as I'd associate that with neuroticism instead.
    They also say they've found correlations between Neuroticism and Conscientiousness. Considering it's all based on how they slice things up, I'd say that's kind of expected and they're going to find some of that no matter how they slice things up. They say "well, this is the natural way traits are divided, because it's based on language" but that's just begging the question, since people adapt language to mean whatever they need to mean in the first place and it's not "natural" at all. I could even choose questions where Openness, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism all positively correlate. This is also a lot of why I don't really even pay attention to typology including socionics and enneagram. People and things > abstractions that are supposed to be people and things but can't ever replace them because they're abstractions

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-41847030

"Scientists could have the secret. They have identified a chemical in the brain's "memory" region that allows us to suppress unwanted thoughts.

The discovery may help explain why some people can't shift persistent intrusive thoughts - a common symptom of anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression and schizophrenia."

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suppressed Semantic Information Accelerates Analytic Problem Solving

Interesting idea here:
    Prior work suggests that unconscious thinking can improve complex, but not simple, decisions (see also Dijksterhuis, Bos,Nordgren, & van Baaren, 2006). CFS may be a useful tool for sidestepping the potential pitfalls of analytic thinking—namely, getting initially fixated on the wrong thought or idea while problem solving or making complex decisions. We believe that in the present study, CFS allowed unconscious processing, which discouraged incorrect fixation. Because of this initial unconscious processing, the subsequent conscious processing proceeded more smoothly, but still in an analytic fashion.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well guys, I think you are all special.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    lol. I do too, everyone in their own way. I didn't really like the title. But this article deals with Pseudo-exceptionalism, which I think is an interesting topic.
    For that I agree.

My own take upon myself, and I have said it to others, is that 'I am nothing'.

It's sort of like the anti-exceptionalism. When I accept myself at the bottom, with humility and listening and work, I can do better, than expecting myself to be given and have resentment.

There is a lot of get-things-quickly in the world in my own opinion, and a lot of of things we can have which negates what really matters, but, it's the world we live in and we do what we can, no ones got it perfect, or have it all together, mostly we just survive.

TIM
    C-ENFx Sx/So 3w4
    Mentioned
    642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Revisiting the Stanford Prison Experiment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12