Thread: Question for ESIs/ISFjs from an LSI

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for ESIs/ISFjs from an LSI

How did you know you were ESI? What are traits you have that scream ESI? I want to know if Se secondary types are similar.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Ninja View Post
    How did you know you were ESI?
    I stumbled across this thread and found it explained my situation.

What are traits you have that scream ESI?
    Because of my subtype my Ne-polr traits are quite obvious...
    - I don't like surprises...at all.
    - I'm extremely careful of who I let come over to my house. I don't like people coming over unannounced - to me it is a total violation. One time my friends showed up at my house unexpectedly and I made them wait outside in the heat.
    - I find it extremely difficult to discern someone's motives.
    - I hate it when authors make simple topics over-complicated and throw in ambiguous jargon in order to show off their vocabulary rather than ensure the reader's understanding of the ideas.
    - I don't like change for the sake of change.

Descriptions more or less ended my search for a type. I read this one and just thought "yep, that's me".

I want to know if Se secondary types are similar.
    The most similar business pair imo.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the biggest thing for me was realizing how much I rely on Ti. I'm always stuck in a super ego block, Ti Ne. I score INTP on MBTI tests. So now it makes perfect sense to me why I can be an INTP in MBTI and ESI in Socionics, the super ego block is the same starting functions for INTP. I've always been a super chameleon for better or worse because my Fi is so useless when applied to life and what people want to see from me.

I've taken some time away from the internet too and I think I am enneagram 9, because I needed to withdraw for a long time and see how I started "being" because I'm always taking on other people by mistake and start taking aspects of them. It's so stupid haha. But it's how I am.

I just need to be alone, a lone wolf, something like that.

Edit: Thought I may have been enneagram 1 for a while because 1 and 9 have reported being eerily similar with motives but arriving to the conclusion/action way differently. One of my best friends is ILI enneagram 1w2 and we are seriously like peas in a pod when we actually get the time to hang out, which isn't often, he lives a state above me.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like I'm an INTP to society, and then when I'm back in my cozy cave I can be ESI (myself).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    I think the biggest thing for me was realizing how much I rely on Ti. I'm always stuck in a super ego block, Ti Ne. I score INTP on MBTI tests. So now it makes perfect sense to me why I can be an INTP in MBTI and ESI in Socionics, the super ego block is the same starting functions for INTP. I've always been a super chameleon for better or worse because my Fi is so useless when applied to life and what people want to see from me.

I've taken some time away from the internet too and I think I am enneagram 9, because I needed to withdraw for a long time and see how I started "being" because I'm always taking on other people by mistake and start taking aspects of them. It's so stupid haha. But it's how I am.

I just need to be alone, a lone wolf, something like that.

Edit: Thought I may have been enneagram 1 for a while because 1 and 9 have reported being eerily similar with motives but arriving to the conclusion/action way differently. One of my best friends is ILI enneagram 1w2 and we are seriously like peas in a pod when we actually get the time to hang out, which isn't often, he lives a state above me.
    Fi is awesome. It helps you understand people, help them, encourage them, be patient with them, it helps you process things in categorical way.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Fi is awesome. It helps you understand people, help them, encourage them, be patient with them, it helps you process things in categorical way.
    I've been reading books on Highly Sensitive People (HSP). I think my super ego block is my defense mechanism to HSP. I kind of like it there. It's like a full body shield.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    The most similar business pair imo.
    Technically types with a common creative function are defined as look-a-like types.

This post partially provides an answer to Pole Ninja's question: indeed, socionics defines types with a common creative function as lookalikes, thus they are supposed to be similar.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Because of my subtype my Ne-polr traits are quite obvious..
    Hmmm, I'm Ne creative and I relate quite a bit to what you say. Some of this many not necessarily be Ne PoLR and tied to some other function

- I don't like surprises...at all.
    I like surprises, but only the good ones of course. Even then, I generally prefer some advance warning. Could be rationality > irrationality

- I'm extremely careful of who I let come over to my house. I don't like people coming over unannounced - to me it is a total violation. One time my friends showed up at my house unexpectedly and I made them wait outside in the heat.
    Yes! I have the exact same issue. I hate unexpected guests too. I think it's due to introversion- I have to psychologically prepare for the encounter. Also in my case as an LII, I think it's due to my Se PoLR, by coming in unannounced, you're violating my physical space. I don't think this is much related to Ne PoLR.

- I find it extremely difficult to discern someone's motives.
    For me it's rather hit or miss here. Discerning motives I think comes from Fi + Ne. So I've got strong Ne, but weaker Fi.

- I hate it when authors make simple topics over-complicated and throw in ambiguous jargon in order to show off their vocabulary rather than ensure the reader's understanding of the ideas.
    Oh yes! I much prefer plain language rather than the flowery kind. It's really annoying when you have to look up some jargon term only to find even more jargon. I'm not sure this is really related to Ne PoLR though.

- I don't like change for the sake of change.
    Neither do I. I rarely get bored. But if I can see a change is needed because it could potentially improve things, then bring it on! I think dislike of change of most types could be a sign of Ne PoLR. An Ne base would likely welcome change for its own sake. An Ne creative like me is open and receptive to it but doesn't need it all the time.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Pacifist
    TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi with Ne in creative with Se polr : [Archetype Ascetic] Defenseless, but also very tolerating and accepting in general.

Fi with Se in creative with Ne polr : [Archetype Guardian] Guarded, but also very precise and sensible in term of pragmatism in general.

In my mind FiSe and TiSe are also tolerating and accepting but blocked with their Ti/Fi on their overall decision making. I think my mom is ESI...she's very creative, an effective problem solver and very protective, a telltale sign she use Fi instead of Ti as her leading function is her subjectivity in her categorisation (I also believe Ti is subjective as well but the range is more 'general'---broader level), while Fi is more specific--in general is more people-centric. I believe my younger brother is LSI 6 sp/so, he is like my mom but his focus is more on materialism and I can see clearly repressed/unvalued Fi.

I hope I make sense, and please correct me if my understanding is flawed in any ways.
    Last edited by Mori; 03-02-2017 at 03:47 AM.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Hmmm, I'm Ne creative and I relate quite a bit to what you say. Some of this many not necessarily be Ne PoLR and tied to some other function.

I like surprises, but only the good ones of course. Even then, I generally prefer some advance warning. Could be rationality > irrationality
    Fear of being in unexpected situations is Ne-polr.

Yes! I have the exact same issue. I hate unexpected guests too. I think it's due to introversion- I have to psychologically prepare for the encounter. Also in my case as an LII, I think it's due to my Se PoLR, by coming in unannounced, you're violating my physical space. I don't think this is much related to Ne PoLR.
    This depends on why. For me, I don't like it because I don't know where things will go, particularly if the person is not close to me or hasn't been to my house before, so for my friends (who are aware of this issue of mine) to do this is a violation of our friendship.

Se-polr types are in fear of having to exert force on the situation and show strength/control, instead I actually move to exert force in order to shield my PoLR, e.g. by making them wait outside until I said they could come in.

For me it's rather hit or miss here. Discerning motives I think comes from Fi + Ne. So I've got strong Ne, but weaker Fi.
    It's super-ego Ne.

Oh yes! I much prefer plain language rather than the flowery kind. It's really annoying when you have to look up some jargon term only to find even more jargon. I'm not sure this is really related to Ne PoLR though.
    IME, alpha NTs are the most guilty of this...

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mori View Post
    In my mind FiSe and TiSe are also tolerating and accepting but blocked with their Ti/Fi on their overall decision making. I think my mom is ESI...she's very creative, an effective problem solver and very protective, a telltale sign she use Fi instead of Ti as her leading function is her subjectivity in her categorisation (I also believe Ti is subjective as well but the range is more 'general'---broader level), while Fi is more specific--in general is more people-centric. I believe my younger brother is LSI 6 sp/so, he is like my mom but his focus is more on materialism and I can see clearly repressed/unvalued Fi.
    Got some example of her subjectivity in categorization?

Fear of being in unexpected situations is Ne-polr.
    I don't relate to that but that's me. I focus on Se instead of the Ne for these things.