Thread: A Cookbook of Information Elements by I/O

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default A Cookbook of Information Elements by I/O

In Socionics, the concept of cookbook science springs to mind. I've alluded to this in other threads such as "You can't handle all of it!".

The cookbook says that four spices comprise a quadra and they are mixed in various descending quantities depending on type and or subtype. One can build distinctive taste characteristics from them but when some taste nuances still seem to be missing, a dash of this and a sprinkle of that are often added from the other four remaining spices. This process is certainly adequate for a cook.

However, every quadra employs the same four spices. The base configurations, to which they're being added, makes it appear as if eight are available because the four bases already have their own independent, distinctive flavours. Socionics is structured to study information elements as if they were ingredients in a cookbook rather than actual function.

The functional operation of the four bases (notated by I/E and j/p) have to be considered as separate and distinct from their processing constraints (notated by F/T and S/N). Spices describe the limits on the operation of an information control system, and do not operate on data as would the actual components of the base. Truth be found, the same processors likely exist in every human; the distinguishing factors for Socionics may be nothing more than priority assignments in firmware.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Personality cannibalism. Now available in 16 flavors.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What the hell is that smell? Is that a quadrant, simmering on the stove top?
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My intention was not to mock Socionics because it does classify key behavioural traits quite well; however, it's no more than a classification system; and to think that these observations directly comprise an information processing system is rather naïve. I would like to see a concerted effort to think beyond information elements and to perhaps consider engineering approaches; I think that soft and hard science can so easily be fused in Socionics modelling. Now, don't get me wrong, I also know there's a lot of technology out there that's cookbook engineering such as linking kitchen toasters to cell phones - but the world is being run by accountants and marketers.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I would like to see a concerted effort to think beyond information elements and to perhaps consider engineering approaches; I think that soft and hard science can so easily be fused in Socionics modelling.
    What would this mean, what would it look like?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    What would this mean, what would it look like?
    Without getting too wordy, I would expect one closed-loop control system (Ej and Ip); and one open-loop control system (Ep and Ij) that is arbitrated by priority interrupts. I think that all types have these two systems but which system leads and whether input or output leads would vary, thus creating four temperaments. However, we do use the second system which gives us some dual characteristics when needed. There are many control system configurations on the internet but Socionics would likely be fine with the more basic - enough for behaviour explanations.

a.k.a. I/O