Thread: What's my Type?

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post What's my Type?

Hi, I'm recently a newbie to socionics and I've been having trouble figuring out my type. I took a load of tests online and I 've only gotten either LSI, ILI, or LIE. In terms of quadras, I find myself relating to Beta and Gamma. In MBTI I prefer INTJ and my enneagram type is 3. Thanks guys !

Personal concepts
    1. What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Love is a deep attachment to any person or object.

2. What are your most important values?
    Honesty, being inclusive, accepting, forethought, respectful, not being a bigot, and loyalty to those that you care about.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I don’t personally subscribe to any spiritual belief, but in my everyday life I behave more as stoic. There is no rational basis for believing in spiritual/religious beliefs, so I choose not to subscribe to it.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War occurs when there two nation states cannot resolve disputes through diplomacy. War is incredibly disastrous for both parties involved and it comes at the cost of countless of lives unnecessarily. While war can be extremely disastrous, it sometimes necessary and justified. It can be justified in cases of self-defense from an aggressive state or humanitarian aid, such as a genocide. Likewise, Militaries are a necessary evil as a means of self-defense and diplomacy. Power is anything that gives you the means of influencing people or institutions in your favor.

Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Politics is a personal hobby of mine. I can have extended conversations about it for hours at a time. I love politics mainly because of the different power dynamics Also, a part of me has always been interested in politics--that's the part of me that wants to save the world. I believe that some of the most daunting challenges in the world today--poverty, disease, war--can be solved if people can put aside their petty differences and preconceived notions and do what they know to be right. I’m also interested in history, philosophy, science, dancing, music, and coding.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    For the most part, no. But, I am to some extent self-conscious about how I look, so I do focus on my body to some extent. I am interested in recreational drugs though.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
    I cannot stand daily chores, but they are a necessity.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Books - The Prince, 1984, The Art of War, The Republic, The Alchemist, A Song of Ice and Fire, Harry Potter, Brave New World, 48 Laws of Power, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Lord of the Rings, The Far Seer, Kissinger The Idealist, Catcher in the Rye, The Giver, Fahrenheit 451, Rules for Radicals, Catch-22, The Anthem, and Under the Dome.

Films – The Godfather, The Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy, The Matrix, Ghost in the shell, Goodfellas, Citizens Kane, Malcolm X, Schindler’s List, Lord of the Rings, Pulp Fiction, Inception, Forest Gump, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Gangs of New York, Taxi Driver, I am Legend, Glory, Goodwill Hunting, John Wick, and Star Trek.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I’m not one to cry for the most part. However, I do get teary eyed when I watch a heartbreaking documentary of poverty or war crimes I usually smile whenever I hear a good sarcastic joke, anything that is clever will make me smile.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Anywhere where I can discuss topics that I am interested in.

Evaluation & Behavior
    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Being arrogant, argumentative, condescending towards people, not being able to relax, being vulnerable, power hungry, lack of emotional awareness at times, antisocial at times as well.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Intelligence, cleverness, thinking before acting on something, ambition, charming, confident, tough-mindedness, loyal person.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    To be more involved with people on an emotional level. I have trouble really opening up to people emotionally, I am almost too logical at times. Also, to understand myself better as a person and who I am.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Whenever I can’t meet my goals, it causes me to be critical of myself. I also start doubting myself, which causes me feel ashamed and vulnerable.

People & Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with? Overly emotional people, stupidity, willful ignorance, hate, bigotry, tribalism, people who don’t think about how their actions will affect others or the future, zealousness, lack of loyalty, and weakness.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I think its overrated to some extent, but it’s a wonderful feeling and experience that you share with someone. I usually look for someone who is thoughtful, funny, sarcastic, clever, good looking, ready to challenge me, and someone you I can feel completely vulnerable with.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why? I would want my child to have a proper education and also develop into healthy social skills. I would also worry about demanding too much perfection from my child. Also, get the balance between being overly strict and giving them enough freedom to fully express themselves.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inward I think that they are either an idiot or just misguided. Outward, I try to figure out why they believe what they believe in the form a debate. If they can provide a reasonably rational explanation for their beliefs, then I accept it.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Until recently, I held a very cynical outlook on humanity and even considered myself a nihilist of some sort. However, I have faith in humanity to make the necessary progress to ensure our survival. I truly believe that most people are good and well intentioned in most cases, even when it doesn’t seem that way. While I still hold that view, I also think most people are too naïve, emotional, and irrational in most cases. Also, people don’t take the time to understand what’s going on and latch onto some demigod who makes all kind of promises. A prevalent social problem is still the hate that we have in the world for each other. People think way too much in terms of tribalism.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    My friends are chosen based on similar interest and ability to have conversations beyond superficial things. Also, someone that I can be brutally honest with and vice-versa. Even with my friends though, I feel as if I can never fully open up emotionally to them, so I feel as though a part of me is always missing. But I'm usually much more blunt, sarcastic, and to the point with my friends.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
    I try to be extremely polite and accommodating on the outwardly. I also try to be more extroverted than I usually am. Inwardly however, I judge people on their comments, beliefs, actions for the most part.
    Last edited by Akumasdeception; 02-26-2017 at 06:19 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ISTj seems more close
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about LIE and ILI?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with LSI

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saiko124 View Post
    Politics is a personal hobby of mine. I can have extended conversations about it for hours at a time. I love politics mainly because of the different power dynamics Also, a part of me has always been interested in politics--that's the part of me that wants to save the world. I believe that some of the most daunting challenges in the world today--poverty, disease, war
    Indicates Beta. How would you "save the world"? What needs to be done and why. I just want to be sure because you asked wether you might be LIE or ILI, but what you described so far is very ISTj and little to no Te or Ni ego.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Books - The Prince, 1984, The Art of War, The Republic, The Alchemist, A Song of Ice and Fire, Harry Potter, Brave New World, 48 Laws of Power, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Lord of the Rings, The Far Seer, Kissinger The Idealist, Catcher in the Rye, The Giver, Fahrenheit 451, Rules for Radicals, Catch-22, The Anthem, and Under the Dome.

Films – The Godfather, The Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy, The Matrix, Ghost in the shell, Goodfellas, Citizens Kane, Malcolm X, Schindler’s List, Lord of the Rings, Pulp Fiction, Inception, Forest Gump, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Gangs of New York, Taxi Driver, I am Legend, Glory, Goodwill Hunting, John Wick, and Star Trek.
    Experimental question: Who is you ideal hero? I read somewhere on the forum that directors and authors often write about dual heros. (Or about characters that are from the same quadra. That's a bit far fetched, I know): Tarantino(LIE)-The Bride(ESI), Nolan(LSI) - Batman (LSI),
    Or describe your ideal Partner (How do you relate to SEE, ESI and EIE?)

Being arrogant, argumentative, condescending towards people, not being able to relax, being vulnerable, power hungry, lack of emotional awareness at times, antisocial at times as well.
    Explain

To be more involved with people on an emotional level. I have trouble really opening up to people emotionally, I am almost too logical at times. Also, to understand myself better as a person and who I am.
    Your suggestive function is ethical. that means you're either Ti or Te leading.

People & Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with? Overly emotional people, stupidity, willful ignorance, hate, bigotry, tribalism, people who don’t think about how their actions will affect others or the future, zealousness, lack of loyalty, and weakness.
    How do you get along with extroverted feeling types?
    Someone on the forum (an ISTj) described that being with an Fe leading type feels refreshing and animating. Do you prefer someone who is demonstraive and open with their affection or someone who is outwardly more stable, calm, independent and not needy?

Conserning "weakness": Victim types hate weakness in others, while aggressors hate weakness in themselves. Means possibly Ni ego.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    My friends are chosen based on similar interest and ability to have conversations beyond superficial things. Also, someone that I can be brutally honest with and vice-versa. Even with my friends though, I feel as if I can never fully open up emotionally to them, so I feel as though a part of me is always missing. But I'm usually much more blunt, sarcastic, and to the point with my friends.
    I think that's Beta but don'T quote me on that because it's also, well, human.
    So far ISTj is very likely but this questionnaire is not detailed enough

Additional questions from @thehotelambush questionnaire:
    How where you as a child?
    What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    What is something you regret?
    Who do you admire, and why?
    Talk about a significant event from your life.
    What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    Do you like surprises?
    Is there anything else important about you that we should know?

*Sends batsignal to @Myst @Chae @KanRen @Singularity*
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 02-26-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are INTJ in MBTI then consider LII. LSI may be a possibility too but your mind/thought processes come off more intricate than a LSI would. I can see that there might be some Ti in your post (though this is subjective)

To me, LIIs come off like the "deeper versions" of myself. (It's probably the N vs S) And its like bro, I get you, but I feel so basic compared to you hahahaha (But this is subjective and it holds little weight)

Next step: Which description do you resonate with more; Se PoLR or Ne PoLR?

People tend to over-complicate typing. (I never got the whole, "you seem beta!" thing) But then again, that's my Ti/Ne PoLR bias LOL.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 02-26-2017 at 06:19 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would consider LII, but I don't relate to the Alpha Quadra at all. Also my Ne is not that prominent and I don't enjoy when other's use it as well.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would consider LII, but I don't relate to the Alpha Quadra at all. Also my Ne is not that prominent and I don't enjoy when other's use it as well.
    Ahh, would you say that Ne is a place of irritation for you?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. Sorry I also didn't see that you took socionics tests in addition to MBTI. That's kinda a big deal lmao

Okay now that we established the Ne thing,

Next step, which description do you better resonate with:

1. X are often characterized by their inertia. If left to their own devices, they may choose to do relatively little to interact with the outside world. When they do interact, they often find their activities empty and unsatisfying. To X, life is characterized by periods of stimulation. True stimulation is spontaneous, and the intervals between periods of stimulation are often characterized by tedium, inertia, and apathy. X are not very adept at finding new areas of interest, and may seek to continue to reproduce past experiences instead of moving on to new things. In order to break out of this cycle, Xs require an active, external, spontaneous stimulus. This spontaneity allows the X to discover new experiences and escape from the confines of his own mind.

2. Being entrenched in logical, systematic thinking processes, X need others to create an emotionally inclusive atmosphere where they know they are accepted and liked. Left to themselves, they have almost no way of establishing an emotional connection with others other than through formal methods that often fail to work. X can organize a situation where emotional bonding might occur, but they are almost unable to create the bonding themselves; they need others to fill the situation with feeling, laughter, and fun.

If 2 then LSI

If 1 then consider ILI a possibility.

If neither... then,

\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 02-26-2017 at 06:25 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Horatio

In terms of an ideal hero, it would be someone like Batman, Itachi(naruto), Lelouch, The Prince, or even Light Yagami to some extent. I don't buy in to the highly idealized view of a hero, in order to be a true hero, sometimes you have to do things that might be morally questionable.

When you asked me to explain about my inability to open up emotionally, I always feel as if the people around me only know a piece of me. I think I can be overly serious and logical, when its not necessary. Also I have a problem with being vulnerable and emotional around people, because I have to keep up an image of being tough and impenetrable, ie like Hillary Clinton.

I generally enjoy the company of Fe users, but I have trouble sometimes trying to distinguish whether or not they are being fake, so I'm also put up a wall/guard to prevent myself of being taken advantage of. Furthermore, I admire how Fe users can get people on their sides and generally, at least from an outside view, enjoy life much more than I do.

I hate weakness in myself, because I'm at risk of being taken advantage of. But, I also to a lesser degree hate weakness in others, because I hate seeing people taken advantage of.

How where you as a child?
    In my early childhood, I was like every other kid. I was outgoing, adventurous, less serious and tense. I was always into sports, like basketball, soccer, baseball, and football.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I'm currently a student at NYU, but I'm studying finance and computer science. I've been interning at Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan for the last 2 years, but I'm still considering if I should become a politician or work on wall street. I just enjoy the power dynamics that are involved in those fields, besides the pay if really good as well. Its a win-win situation for me and competitive environment really get me going.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    Competitive environment, where people are jostling for power and influence. If had enough money, I'd probably still be involved in politics to some degree, maybe even be a donor. I would definitely use my assets to influence the direction of the country.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    Being confrontational in terms of challenging peoples beliefs and thoughts. It annoys me when people try to justify their beliefs on an emotional ground, that could have implications on public policy.

What is something you regret?
    Being a bully middle school

Who do you admire, and why?
    I admire many politicians like Abraham Lincoln, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Machiavelli, Fareed Zakaria mainly because they have or had the right vision of where the United States should be, where they faced incredible obstacles in order to reach their goals.

Talk about a significant event from your life.
    I haven't really had anything significant happen in my life, except that I got chance to meet Bernie Sanders at my school.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    I usually want to destroy the person getting in my way, but I usually employ a diplomatic approach to get what I want. Usually this through understanding where the other party is coming from and offering concessions.
    What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    Italy because of the remnants of the roman empire,middle ages and their art work.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    I only care about my dress if I know important people are going to be around me, its about making a good impression. But, in my day to day life dress doesn't strike me as relatively important, I do like looking good though.
    Do you like surprises?
    No
    Is there anything else important about you that we should know?
    That's about it, but can you give me breakdown of which information elements that I am employing. Thanks

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I resonate with 1 to some extent, but I was going through depression at the time. As for 2 I greatly resonate with, it explains why I've had a lot of long term failed relationship. I also have trouble establishing relationships with other people, usually its others that do that for me.

Do you think its weird for me to be INTJ in mbti, but LSI in socionics. Or is it the case that socionics does not correlate to mbti well?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I resonate with 1 to some extent, but I was going through depression at the time. As for 2 I greatly resonate with, it explains why I've had a lot of long term failed relationship. I also have trouble establishing relationships with other people, usually its others that do that for me.

Do you think its weird for me to be INTJ in mbti, but LSI in socionics. Or is it the case that socionics does not correlate to mbti well?
    There is correlation. It's not a surprise most people get types in MBTI that are similar to socionics. In my humble opinion they usually cross over just fine. It's just that:

1. People don't know themselves that well. "But I'm extraverted in X situation but introverted in Y situation!"; causes confusion
    2. People take tests that have many too many options; causes more confusion

Like I think it's bullshit to say there's absolutely no cross over because "they are different systems!" The archetypes each system tries to describe is relatively the same between the two

If you're this loner emo type that likes to write poetry in the dark corridors in MBTI you're not all a sudden going to transform into some extroverted charismatic badass playboy archetype in socionics lol

Like if you get ISTP in MBTI then EIE in socionics, like come on, you are seriously confused about yourself lol

But anyway,

Given that
    1. You don't relate to alpha quadra at all
    2. You don't like Ne
    3. Fe > Se (in terms of dual-seeking)
    4. You've gotten LSI on socionic tests.

+1 for LSI > ILI or LII
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 02-26-2017 at 08:00 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah its all over the place and not realistic for the most part in accomplishing your goals.

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read somewhere that Te(mbti) is more like Se in socionics and Se(MBTI) is more like Si in socionics.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read somewhere that Te(mbti) is more like Se in socionics and Se(MBTI) is more like Si in socionics.
    Yes so its been suggested that while the extroverted functions cross over, the introverted functions don't; thus the whole J/P flip thing. But, type description-wise this doesn't make any sense; like ISTP in MBTI and LSI socionics makes no sense archetype wise if you try and compare them. Some have theorized that the MBTI introverted functions were wrong, like they messed up describing them (doh! lol), therefore disregard logically trying to make sense of introverted functions when crossing over to the next system (lol I know this sounds dumb) Instead, realize, as a whole, both systems are trying to describe the same archetypes. I believe @Jarno was the one that brought this up way back lol
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 02-26-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In MBTI I prefer INTJ and my enneagram type is 3.
    Seriously consider LIE.

Read a bit more, and edited to add: Seriously consider LIE ha. I say this because the following is a nice description of one kind of stereotypical way Se hidden agenda can be manifested in LIE:

I've been interning at Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan for the last 2 years, but I'm still considering if I should become a politician or work on wall street. I just enjoy the power dynamics that are involved in those fields, besides the pay if really good as well. Its a win-win situation for me and competitive environment really get me going.
    Last edited by squark; 02-26-2017 at 07:59 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you provide a contrast between the two, thanks!

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you provide a contrast between the two, thanks!
    Who are you asking? And between which two?

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@squark

LSI and LIE

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@squark

LSI and LIE

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@squark

LSI and LIE
    LIE as Te-leading and Ni-creative in general tend to be more informed of world events, history, politics, economics. This is because Te is about what works, what's working, what's happening, the "continuous incoming stream of objective facts about the world" and Ni "continuous evolution of things over time." They tend to be more focused on the usefulness of an endeavor, how profitable it is, and how events have shaped or are shaping the external world.

LSI on the other hand as Ti-lead and Se-creative are concerned with a static picture, and understanding that current set of information and applying it. Ordering by levels of importance, prioritizing and sorting, and rather than focusing primarily on events, history and change, they will focus on how things are now and understanding that information. What is important, what is not? What are the key factors, and how is this similar/different from something else, what things fit together, and what doesn't belong?

While the ego functions are most important, Ne & Si can also help you distinguish these two. LIEs can find it difficult to relax physically, and are less likely to find just sitting still watching a sunset, or experiencing the warmth of the sun or so on all that enjoyable, but LSIs really have no problem being able to enjoy such situations as long as it's not in the middle of them trying to get something else done. An IEE gave a funny anecdote about her Si polr parents, which while extreme (and other Si polrs might not be quite to this degree) it still illustrates their relation to Si: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post213825 On the other hand LIE tends to be more innovative than an LSI as the LIE uses Ne more effectively to come up with novel ideas and approaches to situations.

There are other differences of course, and things like the Se HA in LIE that I pointed out earlier is a pretty clear distinction between them. Also, the two pieces together of typing as INTJ and Enneagram 3 strongly points towards LIE, as it seems E3s are usually ENxJ. Several socionics LIEs on this forum alone typed as INTJ in MBTI, so it's not unusual at all for that, and possibly even more common than INTJ and LSI.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I've been interning at Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan for the last 2 years, but I'm still considering if I should become a politician or work on wall street. I just enjoy the power dynamics that are involved in those fields, besides the pay if really good as well. Its a win-win situation for me and competitive environment really get me going.
    Yeah that's very LIE. Agree with @squark on that.

I read the OP before seeing this, I thought LIE from that too.

Edit: glimpsed at more posts

Competitive environment, where people are jostling for power and influence. If had enough money, I'd probably still be involved in politics to some degree, maybe even be a donor. I would definitely use my assets to influence the direction of the country.
    Gamma Se for the environment part

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rejection of Te and Fe Mobilizing or DS is crystal clear. OP is aware of Fi, indicating it isn't Vulnerable but very likely Role. LSI is the best bet.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    LSI on the other hand as Ti-lead and Se-creative are concerned with a static picture, and understanding that current set of information and applying it. Ordering by levels of importance, prioritizing and sorting, and rather than focusing primarily on events, history and change, they will focus on how things are now and understanding that information. What is important, what is not? What are the key factors, and how is this similar/different from something else, what things fit together, and what doesn't belong?
    That didn't make a whole lot of sense about "understanding that current set of information and applying it". Like, it was way too general and vague and applicable to anyone. Also, Ti as Base (and 4D) function is not really just about the current set of information. You summed up LIE very well though.

While the ego functions are most important, Ne & Si can also help you distinguish these two. LIEs can find it difficult to relax physically, and are less likely to find just sitting still watching a sunset, or experiencing the warmth of the sun or so on all that enjoyable, but LSIs really have no problem being able to enjoy such situations as long as it's not in the middle of them trying to get something else done.
    That might just be me but I'd find sitting still for that long experiencing the warmth of the sun pretty boring. It's cool for like 5 minutes then I'm done and I'll just read a book instead that has more action. With sitting like that the problem is, I don't care to consciously focus on changing dynamic Si sensations for long and especially because it's aimless, it's no good. If I could be focused on a task at the same time, I wouldn't mind.

There are other differences of course, and things like the Se HA in LIE that I pointed out earlier is a pretty clear distinction between them. Also, the two pieces together of typing as INTJ and Enneagram 3 strongly points towards LIE, as it seems E3s are usually ENxJ. Several socionics LIEs on this forum alone typed as INTJ in MBTI, so it's not unusual at all for that, and possibly even more common than INTJ and LSI.
    Agreed on E3 and on the INTJ/LIE thing. I sure never tried to type as INTJ btw, as an LSI...
    Last edited by Myst; 02-27-2017 at 10:36 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tempest View Post
    Rejection of Te and Fe Mobilizing or DS is crystal clear. OP is aware of Fi, indicating it isn't Vulnerable but very likely Role. LSI is the best bet.
    "Even with my friends though, I feel as if I can never fully open up emotionally to them, so I feel as though a part of me is always missing."

This doesn't fit Fi role.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    "Even with my friends though, I feel as if I can never fully open up emotionally to them, so I feel as though a part of me is always missing."

This doesn't fit Fi role.
    It does, but it better fits Fe DS. The longing for someone to help them open up and be more emotionally expressive without having much of an ability to do it by themselves is 1D-Fe, mainly Fe-DS.

LIEs have a much easier time opening up, cracking jokes, etc. because of 2D-Fe vs. 1D-Fe. They just don't care for it, and don't find it to be much of a priority in their lives.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

It does, but it better fits Fe DS. The longing for someone to help them open up and be more emotionally expressive without having much of an ability to do it by themselves is 1D-Fe, mainly Fe-DS.
    Explicit longing for actively doing more Fe is Fe HA, not Fe DS. However, is this quote from OP here even about Fe...

LIEs have a much easier time opening up, cracking jokes, etc. because of 2D-Fe vs. 1D-Fe. They just don't care for it, and don't find it to be much of a priority in their lives.
    Why do we associate opening up exclusively with Fe valuing? OP could elaborate on what he/she means by this.

Cracking jokes I don't really see as opening up to someone close.
    Last edited by Myst; 02-27-2017 at 10:59 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Explicit longing for actively doing more Fe is Fe HA, not Fe DS. However, is this quote from OP here even about Fe...

Why do we associate opening up exclusively with Fe? OP could elaborate on what he/she means by this.

Cracking jokes I don't really see as opening up to someone close.
    That's besides the point. My point is that OP seems to be looking for someone with strong Fe, as OP does not have an easy time opening up and expressing themselves without someone bringing it out of them first.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

That's besides the point. My point is that OP seems to be looking for someone with strong Fe, as OP does not have an easy time opening up and expressing themselves without someone bringing it out of them first.
    Definitely not besides the point, OP should elaborate.

Especially if we consider the original context: "To be more involved with people on an emotional level. I have trouble really opening up to people emotionally, I am almost too logical at times. Also, to understand myself better as a person and who I am."

The first part is Fe buzzwords, the last part is Fi buzzwords.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI's formula to convert dichotomies to functions is flawed. There have been so many workarounds that even mbti sites now contradict eachother (!). Describing an INTP on one site the same as an INTJ on another.

If they would have never started out with functions, MBTI would have been compatible with socionoics, cause the dichotomies are the same. Meaning if you ask yourself if someone is a go with the flow type, you get Perceiver in mbti and a Perceiver in socionics. However MBTI gives introvert perceiver type a judgers(!) function as their first function. While socionics gives an introverted perceiver a perceiving function as their first.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hello!

Overall impression: Gamma, rather LIE-Te. The conflict/competition understanding of and the morals of - Beta is rejected here, overt emotionalism and dramatic antics of Fe < sincerity of Fi. Te is so natural it's great, you know your stuff. What you aim for is a SEE politician image but you are by default a rational, asset-, task- and fact-conscious adventurer with a sense of enterprise. ENTj is very visible in the choice of professional field, for instance. What I didn't see was Ni? Except the future action part.

You say war and competition in a people context of diplomacy and applied an ethical measure: disaster. Se blocked with Fi! Beta types see war in the frame of law and the system (Se+Ti).

Se covers up Si, you can't relax and are inappropriately aggressive. Clothes for prestige (Se), not comfort (Si). Chores= a necessity, not something that regulates Si, you used Te to explain it. You never talked about cozy and aesthetic things, things that make your body feel good except love, and that's Fi.

I see you as a rational and goal-oriented person, LIE, looking for the interpersonal and value understanding of the ESI, who can help you understand yourself ethically and can also measure up in terms of power in a way that makes your Se adequate, applied in the right situations. ESI is very humanitarian just like you, I think that there's great compatibility. Your partner should be sarcastic and challenge you? Se ego! Also: Bernie is ESI

A more personal note here. If you were Beta, I wouldn't really like your thought processes or values. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised by the things you've written except the Se parts that need some fine-tuning. Other than that, you are really nice

Enneagram type: Some E6 or E1 themes came up. Focus on the social in terms of loyalty and perfection. You compared yourself to Hillary Clinton and adore Bernie Sanders - both are enneagram 1. And come on, all the heroes you named have enneagram 1 and 6 influences.
    Some 8 topics are also there: bullying, allowing vulnerability. Type 3 is present in how you embrace rivalry at work, accommodate, and prefer to get things done with less feeling, great spirit of ambition.

You didn't differentiate here, what is the dislike and like section?

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant that I have trouble expressing myself emotionally to friends, family, and etc. Friends have told me that I always maintain a stoic attitude and rarely do I get excited or enthusiastic about something outwardly. I don't know if this has to with my enneagram type or just weak Fi, but I usually have trouble understanding how I feel about certain things on personal level. Also, I have trouble understanding who I am, which is why finding my enneagram/mbti type took so long.

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae

Thanks, I could see myself being an LIE. Do you think it would be best to figure out my quadra type first?

"15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with? Overly emotional people, stupidity, willful ignorance, hate, bigotry, tribalism, people who don’t think about how their actions will affect others or the future, zealousness, lack of loyalty, and weakness."

I like people who can create a positive emotional atmosphere, are reasonable, sarcastic, honest, respectful, intelligent, objective,pragmatic, expressive, tough, assertive, confident,charming and loyal. I generally dislike people are Overly emotional people(emo, ie. enneagram 4), stupid, willfully ignorant, hateful, bigoted, tribalistic, overly idealistic, people who don’t think about how their actions will affect others or the future, zealous, not loyal, weak, and self pitying . I can usually get along with most people, but its usually people with some of the traits that I like in someone. In terms of types, I've found that most of my friends are usually ISXP's(most of them), NFJ's NTJ's, STJ's and INTP in mbti.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I meant that I have trouble expressing myself emotionally to friends, family, and etc. Friends have told me that I always maintain a stoic attitude and rarely do I get excited or enthusiastic about something outwardly. I don't know if this has to with my enneagram type or just weak Fi, but I usually have trouble understanding how I feel about certain things on personal level. Also, I have trouble understanding who I am, which is why finding my enneagram/mbti type took so long.
    Where you talk about expressing yourself emotionally, what sort of stuff are you thinking of? The second half of your post is about Fi seeking while this first half sounded Fe seeking on the surface.

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst

Facial expressions for the most part. But its mainly me masking my weaknesses/vulnerabilities around people.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst

Facial expressions for the most part. But its mainly me masking my weaknesses/vulnerabilities around people.
    Just facial expressions? You still don't sound Fe DS > Fi DS then.

What do you think about Ne PoLR vs Ne demonstrative? Both are devalued Ne, neither likes Ne that much but the former has trouble imagining stuff, the latter doesn't have a problem with it and easily applies it in service of their ambitions.

As far as I could see you simply devalued Ne here but it doesn't indicate weak Ne clearly enough: "Yeah its all over the place and not realistic for the most part in accomplishing your goals."

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Ne

PoLR/vulnerable:

"he or she is prone to make errors when judging whether or not a person is capable of doing something."

"The individual generally does not try hard to understand multiple viewpoints, but concentrates on developing only his own. He is not very good at intriguing others with his ideas, even when they have significant merit."

"LSIs do not tolerate ambiguity, and so dislike abstract ideals that are not directly based on their experience."

"Only through learning can the LSI change, and grow to understand how something could work differently than the way he imagines it in the moment."

Demonstrative:

"The individual is fairly good at generating all sorts of ideas, but doesn't himself take the ideas seriously and views the activity as a sort of entertaining exercise lacking in value. It is more natural for him to apply his imagination and vision specifically to those areas where he is trying to achieve something than to "indulge" in thinking about things that have no relation to those areas of interest."

"LIEs can appreciate and enjoy discussions and activities connected to exploring as many hidden potentials and possibilities, and alternative scenarios, as possible in ideas, people and objects; but they tend to regard this as less serious and useful than focusing for a longer time on specific ideas and developments."
    Last edited by Myst; 02-28-2017 at 11:20 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about a few key decisions you've made throughout your life; why did you make these decisions?

Feel free to list and describe them.

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@tempest

For any decision in my life its usually involves a cost benefit analysis. Whichever decision yields the highest or most favorable results.

TIM
    LSI-Ti
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst

I usually rely on others to brainstorm for me, but I do engage in alot of "what if" scenarios, however its almost always in a joking way. I relate more to Ne polr, ENTp's usually annoy with their use of Ne, because nothing is ever definitive and provides no value in achieving a goal. I do have a hard time seeing multiple viewpoints at once, usually its tunnel vision for me, until I get new information that goes against my viewpoint. Furthermore, I don't like ambiguity because its not definite, so its hard to make sense of it. That's why socionics, mbti, and enneagram types are hard to figure out because there usually isn't alot of concrete example of how the information elements/functions behave. I see myself using Ni at times too, especially when it comes to predicting something unconsciously, ie. I had a gut feeling that Trump was going to win the presidency from the very beginning, but I could never pinpoint to why I believed he would. For hidden agendas, I relate to LIE Se hidden agenda, but that could just be down to my enneagram type. I do dislike details and favor a bigger picture view of everything, but at the same time alot of my decisions are short -intermediate term with immediate results. If I don't get immediate results I usually end up dropping it or getting fustrated. If I ever make a long term plan, it usually does not go as planned, because I get impulsive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast