Thread: What's my exact enneagram and instinct stacking? Help an IEIout

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face What's my exact enneagram and instinct stacking? Help an IEIout

Last edited by dot; 09-20-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by dot; 09-20-2017 at 09:21 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's... not much to work with lol Give people some time to observe/get to know/ignore/stalk you.

Besides, enneagram is a pretty internal thing imo, so you'd be better off reading other people's ennea-self-type threads for common recommendations and just reading up on it yourself. It's more efficient.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by dot; 09-20-2017 at 09:22 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaviTilki View Post
    I do not relate a lot to the 'softer' temperament descriptions of E2, E9, E6 and the fun loving E7.
    What do you mean by "softer"?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Stellafera well I would describe these enneagrams as softer or 'lovelier', when it comes to their vibes. I am not a 'peacemaker' like an E9 or as 'fun loving' as an E7.. at least that's what I got from their descriptions.
    Ah, gotcha. Softness in that sense varies a lot with the individual. Even 9s can actually be pretty prickly in a "leave me alone" way.

Something interesting is that 3/4 of the types you mentioned as "soft" belong to the positive outlook triad; basically, they're the "everything is coming up roses, ignore negativity" types. Is that something you have trouble relating to? If so, how do you usually interpret people who behave that way?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Stellafera well only a few days ago someone actually did say I was optimistic or at least appeared like that. Most people described me as pretty self-assured and confident.. even arrogant was mentioned quite a few times. Well I definitely did find myself in minor sometimes bigger conflicts throughout my life, which partially were caused by myself (not sure if it's just a Beta thing). When I fight with people I like I usually stay calm but I have had quite a few times I blew up, especially when people I disliked provoked or simply annoyed the f*ck outta me. I had to learn some self-control on my part. I come across as head-strong, determined and somewhat aggressive and tough (as far as an IEI can be tough.. another IEI told me I was tough.. others in contrast also told me I also look inncocent and 'cute') according to people who know me (at first I even considered being an E8, but I am probably not).

I do not ignore negativity. I actually dislike when people cannot show that they can have a tough day once in a while too. Like not as in I do not wish them well, but too many flowers, butterflies and roses can indeed come across as inhumane and not real. You just know when people are in a good mood.. but something is still off.. like there is something unreal about it? Bad experiences are part of being human. I talk about bad things but also good things I lived through with my friends. Especially close friends have to kind of endure my darker feelings and thoughts, with strangers I usually appear more happy and try to keep it light.
    Type 8 seems reasonably likely from what I'm seeing so far, actually. Other thought was 6.

Do you mind filling out questionnaires? I can keep poking around with these responses but it might give me a limited impression of you as a person.

\1.How would an author describe you in a book? Write the paragraph that would introduce you in a novel.

\2.
    Think over the past day or week and make a mental list (you can also write it here) of ways other people have annoyed, angered, or otherwise bothered you - any situation where people have done one thing, while you wished they would have done another. Look at each of these instances and answer (you can make a list or make note of general patterns - an example is good):
    a. How would I characterize the trait that bothered me?
    b. Why did it bother me?
    c. How did I react?
    d. How do I wish I would have reacted?
    e. If there was a discrepancy between c. and d., why did it come up?

\3.
    What holds you back in life? This can be an internal or external force. If that thing were gone, what would be different? What would you do?

\4.
    Your deepest secret has just been revealed to the person or people from whom you most wished to keep it. How do you feel? How do you react? What are the results on your life?

\5.
    You are offered one of three gifts: a bottle filled with water from the Fountain of Life, a crown which will give you peaceful dominion over the world's people for your entire (full) lifetime, and a ring which will unite you with your true love and ensure a happy, passionate marriage. Which do you choose and why? What are your hesitations and motivations?

\6.
    You are offered one of three houses. The first is located in a big city and has historic and artistic value: it was designed by a great architect and was owned by interesting people in the past. Owning this house is very prestigious and guarantees you social status and a circle of friends, but it also comes with responsibility - you must keep the house up to code, manage the household, and give parties and events. The second house you may design using your imagination - literally your dream house - it is located in a very secluded location and no one is allowed to visit this house except you and your immediate family. The third house is very nice, but has no particular aesthetic appeal - a McMansion in short. It is in an extremely convenient location and is very secure. It is impossible for thieves to break in and it has no danger of natural disasters. You are guaranteed to be able to sell the house for double the price in twenty years. Which do you choose and why? What are your hesitations and motivations?

\7.
    You are offered one of three doors. The first opens to a world that is dangerous and demands mental or physical skill to navigate through, but also has great rewards to be gained: think of the worlds portrayed on the shows Game of Thrones or Supernatural. The second opens to a world that is full of wonders, magic, and knowledge, which can be learned or experienced, but there is little solid resting ground - think of the worlds portrayed in the shows Doctor Who or in the multi-media phenomenon A Hitchkiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The third opens to a world where you may experience a life of peaceful, uneventful poverty - think of the hobbits in the series Lord of the Rings or most of the animals living in Narnia. Which do you choose and why? What are your hesitations and motivations?

\8.
    What do you wish people understood about you? Talk about a time you were misunderstood.

\9.
    What do you hope people won't notice about you? What are you uncomfortable being teased about?

\10.

What's worse - to be seen as caring more than you do or less than you do? Why? Do you think you come across one way or the other? Do you typically pretend to care more or to care less?

\11.

Think about a time that someone else tried to control your actions - to tell you what to do, to manipulate you, or influence you. How did you feel and how did you react? What went through your mind?

\12.
    When you first meet someone, what are your first thoughts? What judgments do you make and what kinds of considerations do you have? Are you more concerned with what they think of you or what you think of them? If you are preparing to meet someone new, what do you hope about them and what do you fear about them?

\13.
    Think about the last time you cried (if you've recently lost a loved one or gone through another similarly difficult experience, you can go back further and choose a random instance). What caused this? Who was around? Were you crying out of sadness, joy, frustration, or some other factor? How did you feel afterwards? Did it change anything? Is this typical for you?

\14.
    Think about the last time you felt really happy, joyful, or satisfied. What caused this feeling? What was different? What keeps you from feeling this way all the time?

\15.
    If you were a tragic hero, what would be your fatal flaw? If you were a character in a comedy, what would be your distinguishing trait (i.e. stingy with money, fastidious, shallow, pretentious, etc.) Do you think others would agree with these?

\16.
    Think over the past day or week and make a mental list (you can also write it here) of ways that you have done badly - by yourself, by others, etc. - any time that you have done something, and wish you would have done better. How would you characterize these instances? What caused you to fail and what was your reaction? Are you more likely to be hard on yourself or to find excuses for yourself?

\17.
    a. Imagine meeting an evil version of yourself - your 'dark side' - and describe this person.
    b. Describe your ideal self.

\18.
    What is your experience with and how do you deal with the following:
    a. loneliness
    b. doubt
    c. boredom
    d. laziness
    e. temper

\19.
    Which of the 'seven deadly sins' - pride, wrath, sloth, envy, lust, gluttony, avarice - do you relate to most and why? Which do you relate to least and why? Feel free to go into depth about these.

\20.
    Link a song you relate to and explain why.
    If you don't want to answer all of them, I'm most interested in hearing your responses to #2, #3, #8-12, and #15-18.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could my tritype actually be 145?
    Hm, why that one in particular?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the response! My guess would be 1w9 (think my 8 feelings from earlier actually stemmed from 1 stuff).

. She came on too strong and intense and often had conflicts with classmates or other people (she had to learn accepting other people's opinions and admitting when she was wrong). On the one hand a smart-ass (lol) on the other hand someone who was interested in humanity and helping with saving the world and naturebefore humankind would destroy itself.
    stereotypical 1

I would choose the crown. I want to make this world a better place and make people live in harmony with each other, our planet and all its living beings. There are many things I want to improve and I would try to build a society where life is more valuable than greed.
    Again, this tends to be a topic that 1s have a draft list of opinions on already; the type is marked by a general sense that the world isn't how it should be and frustration at that situation. It's why they take on aspects of type 4 when stressed; the righteousness turns into a sense that you're the only person in the world that realizes what's up.

a. Imagine meeting an evil version of yourself - your 'dark side' - and describe this person.b. Describe your ideal self.

a. Uhm.. probably a very self-righteous, angry, self-absorbed, hateful, bitter, petty bitch, living in her dream-world and never facing reality, who will never ever be able to move on and consider other people's world views. Moving in circles like a mouse in a forever spinning wheel.
    b. A peace of mind, being able to inspire other people to try hard too, constantly evolving, hard working, making a real difference, enlightening, kind and forgiving, yet ambitous, honest and determined, always able to stay true to herself and her opinions.
    Sounds a lot like an unhealthy Type 1.

Song felt like a mixture of 1 and 9, which is part of what influenced the 1w9 typing. I also don't see much 2 in you so there's that too.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

maybe social 7w6 or 5w6

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by dot; 09-20-2017 at 09:23 PM.