Thread: Uniden: IEI??? Or Still EII

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Question Uniden: IEI??? Or Still EII

So I haven't really made another one of these things. Mostly cause anytime earlier it would've been a forgone conclusion. And may very well still be a forgone conclusion! But Type Me threads are all the rage these days, and I'm nothing if not a sucker for the trends and fashions. So! I'll start first with a few things that complicate my EII typing as my EII typing will for sure be the first major focus of anyone responding here.

Complications:
    • Not all that conflict avoidant
    • Very and even kinda aggressively competitive if my sports days are any indication
    • Gets annoyed by groups waffling and will take initiative if that's what it takes to get things done right
    • Not really bothered by most things that don't involve someone getting punched in the face
    • just very accepting of people in general

I'm sure there's a list of complications for IEI typing too but why should I do all the work? That's what the thread's for! But I'll assist. Here's a video I made.

https://youtu.be/7a8XnYibOgo

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well tried, but you are still EII.
    Deal with it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're not EII uni Your language is excessively vulgar and I feel like you do better with Se types
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noaydi View Post
    Well tried, but you are still EII.
    Deal with it.
    He's quite aggressive and doesn't do humanitarian kind of thinking
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Some EII guys can be aggressive. Yes, they can even swear a lot etc. But I guess he kinda seems more IEI than EII.

Anyway, you can't fake inter-type relations. You either feel more uncomfortable around SEEs or LIEs.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not EII uni Your language is excessively vulgar and I feel like you do better with Se types
    You can't really say that everyone who fails to meet your ethical and moral standards isn't an EII. Fi can vary so much. It's after all a subjective ethical function, that means the standards that one holds within the self can be literally anything. Something that seem completely wrong to you might seem absolutely fine to them and vice versa. Also you call yourself a humanitarian but a lot of your comments on other members are extremely hurtful and judgemental. How can you say that someone is excesivelly vulgar just like that? It's such a mean thing to say

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I'm surprised you of everybody say I'm aggressive. Heh maybe I shouldn't have said that it's too much of a freebie. I mean yeah I get competitive certainly but I don't think we've ever competed on anything? Maybe we can compete on the EII typing. Curious what you are seeing that's aggressive.

As far as humanitarian thinking is concerned... well I guess it depends on what you mean by that. But, humanitarian thinking, caring for your fellow man and all that, seems more like learned behavior? There's loads of studies on this and it's effected by all sorts of things like upbringing, socialization, culture etc etc. It doesn't seem like it would be down on the "base level" like the IMs are. I just don't necessarily see how they go together. I mean, if we do go that route, we'll have to tackle things like maybe IMs are learned behavior too? That seems a bit much.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are we limited to EII and IEI? I don't see happening in Uniden's communication, and I think he values .

So if I had to move to a runner-up type, I'd look at Alpha quadra.

But I think EII works. I actually see Uniden as super ethical, both very careful to attend to the feelings of people he feels connected to, and prickly about those he doesn't. He says that he's accepting, and I think that must be true, and I attribute this to him being a really fine human being.

But sometimes when he's talked about people in his life, it's been clear to me that he's been deeply invested in assessing their kindness, generosity, and decency above all, and what distance he wanted to hold them at. He's oriented to making bonds with people and being productive, that is to say, Fi and Te make sense.

(I guess over the years I must have missed out on all the wacky Se aggression, because I've never once seen it.)

I've talked to Uniden quite a bit in the past and pumped out bad, flat for him (as that's what my is like). I sometimes imitated what I thought an LSE would do, speaking aphoristically and telling him problem-solving things to do, at times even step by step.* And encouraging him toward things I think Deltas like, and taking care of himself. It was kind of an experiment, and I hope you don't take that amiss, @uniden. <3 You're all grown up now and I wouldn't do that to you anymore, lol. But my point is, me as pseudo-LSE seemed okay for you.

* This is not what I think SLEs do, because although they give advice, IEIs are full of advice themselves, and their duals probably don't seem to want procedures to follow but to be pushed, even jolted, and cheer-led for their efforts. And maybe to have the SLE just do some of the shit for them, let's face it. With Uniden, I never ever saw him needing to be pushed into action. He's self-managing once there's a plan imo.
    Last edited by golden; 02-19-2017 at 03:09 AM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've typed you either SLI or ILI
    -

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There are some cooking videos on your channel as well much?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've typed you either SLI or ILI
    Would you be willing to say what about him fits with IP temperament, Maritsa? I get the I part, but I'm curious about the P.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

You seem like a 7w6 with a 9 fix

Sorry, I don't speak socionix. <-- that's my catchphrase from now on if someone is wondering

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all that conflict avoidant
    Very and even kinda aggressively competitive if my sports days are any indication
    Gets annoyed by groups waffling and will take initiative if that's what it takes to get things done right
    Not really bothered by most things that don't involve someone getting punched in the face
    just very accepting of people in general
    why do you think these are not INFj normal behavior
    Or why do you think an INFj can't be like that...

What do you mean by conflit avoidant, you mean conflit conflit with a armed big black guy while you are scoring your cocaine or raising a bit the voice at work
    I can relate to all your point aside the conflict avoidant stuff... At least in classical social setting with ppl I don't know (work...), I can make hear more my voice in some stuff but not everywhere

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I don't know you that well, the main thing I just got from you was that you were a sweet and kind gentle boy who loved others. Though a lot in american society would find this a weakness, I was inspired that you weren't an asshole jerk-off like most males. It did I think hurt your relationships with women.... but beside that and irregardless of that, it was admirable. Hitta made some funny jokes that if you were gay I would be the man in the relationship with you, cuz you were kinda so unicorn-y and johnathaon levinson-ish.

Lately though you do seem "straighter" so to speak, and it's good that you've toughened up. But there's nothing wrong with being shy sweet uniden as long as you don't let others fuck with you too much. <3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Would you be willing to say what about him fits with IP temperament, Maritsa? I get the I part, but I'm curious about the P.
    In the poached egg video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8E7KqFQyr4&t=74s

He's IP in the relationship department too because he's been here since 2011 and only has 13 friends so no initiation in that which would be the same attitude that he has about relationships and contacts as Minde

"relaxed
    go-with-the-flow
    finds it easy to spend long periods of time in no activity, or at very low levels of energy
    movements are flexible, unhurried
    little inclination towards fidgetiness when having to remain inactive for longer periods
    IPs are both dynamic and irrational, so they see reality as in continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. An IP is soothed by this, seeing reality through his leading function. This leads to a relaxed inclination to take things as they come and adapt to them.
    As introverts, IPs tend to be relaxed and somewhat passive about initiating relationships with other people, mostly assuming that others will take the initiative."
    -

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the poached egg video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8E7KqFQyr4&t=74s

He's IP in the relationship department too because he's been here since 2011 and only has 13 friends so no initiation in that which would be the same attitude that he has about relationships and contacts as Minde

"relaxed
    go-with-the-flow
    finds it easy to spend long periods of time in no activity, or at very low levels of energy
    movements are flexible, unhurried
    little inclination towards fidgetiness when having to remain inactive for longer periods
    IPs are both dynamic and irrational, so they see reality as in continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. An IP is soothed by this, seeing reality through his leading function. This leads to a relaxed inclination to take things as they come and adapt to them.
    As introverts, IPs tend to be relaxed and somewhat passive about initiating relationships with other people, mostly assuming that others will take the initiative."
    I see. Thanks for explaining.

From the same descriptions you're using, IJ is described this way:

Typical characteristics:

calm, balanced and inert
    "unflappable"
    rigid but not very fast gait
    may appear passive-aggressive
    usually very stable mood
    more reactive than active
    little inclination to fidget during long periods of inactivity

As introverts, IJs tend to be calm and relaxed about initiating relationships with other people, mostly assuming that others will take the initiative, but will be more inclined to try to make sure a relationship is maintained once established.

I see there's a decent amount of overlap with the IP description. IJ is supposed to be more rigid, which is how I see Uniden. He tends to move like one unit, his joints aren't loose, there's nothing free or flowing in his movements. IJ is supposed to be unflappable, and that might apply to him; he has a very calm demeanor on camera, and on the forum I've not seen him get very worked up about things.

I mean honestly -- don't get mad at me! -- you don't come across as unflappable on the forum. But I still think you are IJ. I think there's probably a range of how the temperaments manifest.

Both IJ and IP descriptions say low initiative regarding relationships.

Fwiw, I don't think I've ever extended a friendship invitation to anyone on here, only received them. I think it's a dumb system because it has no utility (except I guess for letting people count how many friends you have). So I don't use it to initiate anything, and I don't see that as an index to my temperament.

My aim is not to nitpick you. I just want to think this through carefully and understand what information people are using to guide their views. Rick's site isn't up right now (apparently he's relocating it), but I think his descriptions of the temperaments are good.

ETA: Rick's site

Looking at it on Wayback, I don't see temperaments per se, but rather the dichotmies, rationality vs. irrationality and introversion vs. extraversion, etc. Regardless, I refer to these pretty often. What do you think of them?
    Last edited by golden; 02-19-2017 at 06:59 PM.

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

He's IP in the relationship department too because he's been here since 2011 and only has 13 friends so no initiation in that which would be the same attitude that he has about relationships and contacts as Minde.
    Yeah I don't have all that many friends. I don't know I try my best.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uniden View Post
    I don't think of "friends" as friends, exactly. There are people here whom I like a lot, and people here whom I don't know very well, but that isn't the criterion I use when sending or receiving friend requests. For me, it is more about finding that person's posts interesting, and wanting to have a quick way to find their posts and not miss any.

The downside to having lots of friends on your friend list is that the number of "friend" posts eventually equals the number of group posts, and finding the most interesting ones becomes difficult again.

-Adam "4D Te, 1D Fi" Strange

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fi live in the world of human relationships. I just don't see Uni doing that or being concerned for that. He's benevolent but not really active in forming relationships. He's not stubborn and he is easy going. EII may be stubborn in their categorical views but not competitive. I can easily fold in and let others do as they want to do. I think that EII can seem soft but our judgmental nature especially about other people's character makes us seem less accepting while easy going nature of others tends to be more truly accepting and less judgmental.

I find him organized, easy going, energy conserving and not energy expanding. I see a lot of Si but I also see some like for Se. Um...I'm stuck between ILI and SLI

I'll have to analyze it more.

Leading - Introverted Ethics, Fi
    EIIs are very attuned to the nuances of interpersonal interactions and strive to keep their relations with others friendly and benevolent. They easily come into contact with others and may be sympathetic and courteous towards people even at a distance, while not being acquainted with them.
    EII readily lends a compassionate ear to others. She will listen even to people who not very close with her, and may sympathize with her enemies, because she sees the ever present potential for renewal and change. However, to protect herself, to shield herself from those who may take advantage of her inner kindness, EIIs also adopt a more austere, harsh and biting demeanor.
    Being dominant in an introverted rational function, EIIs often have well-formed opinions that they have carefully constructed and analyzed. They often excel in written and verbal self-expression, eloquently explaining their personal point of view.
    EIIs are very empathetic people and find it very easy to feel along with others. They are implicitly attuned to the inner harmony of others; due to this they are sensitive to offending someone as well as being offended themselves.
    EIIs whose feeling function is too pronounced exhibit excessively narrow, stubborn, categorical views and attitudes, and an excessively subjective orientation in their decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I don't see him to be aggressive at all, I actually see you to be more aggressive than him. Fwiw, he does do ethical stuff with animals.
    Having ethics of RELATIONSHIPS involves animals? since when are people dogs? INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS wtf you are so weird
    -

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Maritsa how come we never hang out? You know throw the ole pig skin around.

(That's me in the pic)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Weird problem. I tend to have lack of motivation to try. Something I didn't understand when dad was talking about having few friends.

Let's make a deal.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 02-19-2017 at 09:47 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As far as humanitarian thinking is concerned... well I guess it depends on what you mean by that. But, humanitarian thinking, caring for your fellow man and all that, seems more like learned behavior? There's loads of studies on this and it's effected by all sorts of things like upbringing, socialization, culture etc etc. It doesn't seem like it would be down on the "base level" like the IMs are. I just don't necessarily see how they go together. I mean, if we do go that route, we'll have to tackle things like maybe IMs are learned behavior too? That seems a bit much.
    Really?
    I don't see why not. All kinds of things just popped up in my head when I was a kid. I actually plenty of idealism from the start (not humanitarian kind) which stirred up some problems. People did not understand my ways and they still don't do. You can certainly can become humanitarian but I have actually seen cases where (probably being part of statistical anomaly) people have taken humanitarian role independently very early on.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about ESI?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It is wrong to suppose that only EIIs are concerned with humanitarianism, or to suppose that empathy only exists between humans. Indeed, it would also be wrong to suppose that individuals are only capable of having empathy towards animate things.