Thread: P!nk (and general comments on Ti vs Fi)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default P!nk (and general comments on Ti vs Fi)

I know SLE is the most common typing for her. I don't entirely understand why. I'm never 100% sure of anyone's type, but I'm 100% sure P!nk is SEE. The defining difference between Fi and Ti is that Fi is personal and Ti is detached. P!nk is personal af. Fi is self-referential, too. It understands the world based on how it's personal to them. Even when they're being fair and impartial, they're still also processing it from a personal perspective (however compartmentalized).

When a Fi ego is trying to understand you, they first take in the info, then figure out how they have felt or would feel in a similar situation, then evaluate how that situation is different from this one, then evaluate how different your character and values are from theirs, then take their best guess at how you must feel. They might talk about how they felt in a similar situation to see if it's similar to how you feel. It comes off to some people as making everything about them.

Anyways. P!nk is SEE, not SLE. Fight me.

https://youtu.be/ocDlOD1Hw9k
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't ever imagine an SEE writing a song like that...

I don't necessarily think that she's SLE, but she seems Beta.

"You're so misunderstood, boo hoo hoo, you're such an outcast, boo hoo hoo, the whole world misunderstands me boo hoo hoo" - That shit is basically Fe.

I see it as she is trying to readjust the feelings in others - to normalize it. They're feeling "down", so she's trying to make them feel "up". Fi is more sympathy, Fe is more empathy. Fi will rather try to "feel the same" and be "down" themselves. Fe will try to lift them up. That's why Fe is rather attracted to people who are feeling down, the outcasts etc, because they can lift them up - i.e. they have a job to perform with their functions.

Btw, "personal" is not necessarily Fi, it's more IXFx and EXTx - the "yielding" Reinin dichotomy. EXFxs and IXTxs keep their personal feelings guarded.
    Last edited by Singu; 02-18-2017 at 05:15 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-creative for sure, but I can easily see her as IEE instead of SEE.
    She seems relaxed, willing to go with the flow (Si) vs. putting herself in the spotlight (Se).

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for making this. It's another typing of SLE I never understood but I just don't have SLEs in my life either.. Same w/ Madonna - why? I think Pink is SEE.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I can't ever imagine an SEE writing a song like that...

I don't necessarily think that she's SLE, but she seems Beta.

"You're so misunderstood, boo hoo hoo, you're such an outcast, boo hoo hoo, the whole world misunderstands me boo hoo hoo" - That shit is basically Fe.

I see it as she is trying to readjust the feelings in others - to normalize it. They're feeling "down", so she's trying to make them feel "up". Fi is more sympathy, Fe is more empathy. Fi will rather try to "feel the same" and be "down" themselves. Fe will try to lift them up. That's why Fe is rather attracted to people who are feeling down, the outcasts etc, because they can lift them up - i.e. they have a job to perform with their functions.

Btw, "personal" is not necessarily Fi, it's more IXFx and EXTx - the "yielding" Reinin dichotomy. EXFxs and IXTxs keep their personal feelings guarded.
    Sympathy and empathy are reversed?

I've never heard that about yielding vs obstinate.

The "boo hoo such an outcast thing" is sx/sp imo.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tempest View Post
    Fi-creative for sure, but I can easily see her as IEE instead of SEE.
    She seems relaxed, willing to go with the flow (Si) vs. putting herself in the spotlight (Se).
    She's Se as fuck though. :-/ Se lead, Se subtype. If she's not SEE, then I would look at ESI next. Then SLE and I would need to totally scrap my understanding of Fi.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sHe Is Se As FuCk!!

I think she is an E8, Se base, dk about the rest

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Sympathy and empathy are reversed?

I've never heard that about yielding vs obstinate.

The "boo hoo such an outcast thing" is sx/sp imo.
    Empathy is Fe and sympathy is Fi. Fe deals with more "objective" emotions, like what the other people are feeling. Fi deals with how you feel towards other people or things.

I think SEEs hate to be "losers" or "outcasts" and try very hard to not be one. But Betas are often trying to become outcasts.

I feel like she's more an EIE.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    She's Se as fuck though. :-/ Se lead, Se subtype. If she's not SEE, then I would look at ESI next. Then SLE and I would need to totally scrap my understanding of Fi.
    Forget about what I said earlier, I agree with you.
    ESI did cross my mind but I think Fe-Demonstrative is better fitting than Fe-Ignoring.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Entirely agree with OP.

I'd type P!nk as SEE-Se, CP 6w7 Sx/So.

This kind of SEE almost always seems to be Beta/SLE.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dear Mr. President, Stupid Girl, Try (!), Just Give Me A Reason (!!!), Nobody Knows, Family Portrait - that all seems more Fi to me. Find me a SLE singing about "True Love"!

An Fe valuer would avoid interpersonal agony and complication like this at all cost.

I also think of Carey Hart as her Supervisor. Otherwise, there would be fewer issues.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Dear Mr. President, Stupid Girl, Try (!), Just Give Me A Reason (!!!), Nobody Knows, Family Portrait - that all seems more Fi to me. Find me a SLE singing about "True Love"!

An Fe valuer would avoid interpersonal agony and complication like this at all cost.

I also think of Carey Hart as her Supervisor. Otherwise, there would be fewer issues.
    Yes! I was just about to say, he seems to be an LSI-Se.
    Knowing about Socionics, it is interesting to see how much troubles they've had with their relationship, being in Supervision.
    But also, it shows how if you really love someone, you'll make it work, even if the ITR is troublesome.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

The issue of typing people like P!nk, is the fact they seem to fit into a certain Quadra's stereotypes, so they will be typed as that Quadra.

Because she is "edgy", "rebellious", and so forth (being CP 6w7), and is Se lead, she gets pegged as SLE almost automatically.

And people overlook signs that show she actually uses and values Fi... Etc.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    The issue of typing people like P!nk, is the fact they seem to fit into a certain Quadra's stereotypes, so they will be typed as that Quadra.

Because she is "edgy", "rebellious", and so forth (being CP 6w7), and is Se lead, she gets pegged as SLE almost automatically.

And people overlook signs that show she actually uses and values Fi... Etc.
    I thought the very same thing. Her archetype was misinterpreted, also aided by her subtype as you said. Tritype-wise: 682 or 683, what do you think?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post

Um... Madonna.

Sorry, but things like "SLEs don't talk about love" "Fe valuers avoid interpersonal agony" are only based on bad stereotypes...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of the things mentioned in her songs reflect Fi at all. Fi is about personal attitudes and values, not general values and emotions. All the songs listed strike me as Fe related. All about current emotions and and feelings "we can learn to love again". Fi doesn't operate on a flexible level like that. Extroverted judgement plays on real time emotions and consensus. Fi is a planned and less flexible approach to relationships, "is he a good person? can he be trusted?" Even in the case of creative Fi like SEE's, it would not come out like this. Plus her songs all sound like a negativist logical approach to love: "just give me a reason, just a little bit's enough" "We're not broken just bent, and we can learn to love again", or even "I really hate you, so much it must be true love". SEE is not reasoning like this, look at Adele: She just states facts in her songs, then amplifies them with her personal feelings "never mind I'll find, someone like you", "I'll set fire, to the rain" ..."Let it burn while I cry" -The emotions referenced are static, she is sad, angry, etc. In Pink's songs she is suggesting how emotions are dynamic: How love can change, how people can come to love each other, how they can work it out. It is a fundamental difference in approach to feeling. Pink is obviously Fe valuing, at the very least. And seems Se lead too. I think SLE is right on.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um... I don't necessarily think that Fi is about state of emotions, that's more Fe. Fi usually describes the state of relationships, the closeness/distance between two people, how two people feel about each other and how much you need someone.

I don't know many Fi songs, but here's an example:

"Everytime"

Notice me
    Take my hand
    Why are we
    Strangers when
    Our love is strong
    Why carry on without me?

Everytime I try to fly
    I fall without my wings
    I feel so small
    I guess I need you baby
    And everytime I see you in my dreams
    I see your face, it's haunting me
    I guess I need you baby

I make believe
    That you are here
    It's the only way
    I see clear
    What have I done
    You seem to move on easy

I may have made it rain
    Please forgive me
    My weakness caused you pain
    And this song's my sorry

At night I pray
    That soon your face
    Will fade away
    It's interesting that she almost never describes the state of her feelings in that song, but just 1) The state of a relationship (stranger vs lover) 2) How much she needs him 3) How small she feels 4) How much she thinks she screwed up the relationship, and how she wants to mend it. All this without referencing to her state of her feelings, like "I'm sad" or "I feel lonely".

Btw, thinking that she screwed something up and wanting to make it all better somehow, is typical of SEEs.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's SEE for sure lmao
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚