Is this about Fi?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol that's funny

Freedom of mind may not be Fi hahaha; at least not Fi base.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi is about making freedom of mind an imperative
    wata paradoxical function

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Noaydi, does this video make sense to you in that the comments in it, the parts about over obsession on guilt, how the whole room could be on fire and the person feeling guilty might not even notice it - do they seem like Fi experiences to you?

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to say no. Fe. He said the shame with a smile on the inside. If you really were truthful, you wouldn't think of shame when eating the biscuit. I tend to think of Fi as being the true feeling you feel, while Fe is what you tell everyone else.

So yeah, Fe does influence Fi, and Fi influences Fe. So yeah, Fi users tend to be good at telling what the other person really is like under the skin, while Fe users are good at dealing with the emotional situation in a group. As such, Fi deals better with less people and Fe deals better with larger groups.

An Fe user enjoys shared emotions in the group, while Fi prefers a deeper connection and often blocks out untrusted individuals.

An an example of Fi is some kind of almost mystical connection with something. For me, it was the first time I played Totentanz by Franz Liszt. I'm not sure you could recreate the moment I had with it by listening to it, but hey.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 02-18-2017 at 03:43 AM.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so sure on the one hand he's overgeneralizing, also for humour purposes, but also including the whole religious umbrellas so really tricky but this idea of anything could be happening on the outside as the inside broods on totally unrelated seemed to me like it might be tied to Fi though obviously shame is a whole other caliber of discussion so a bit more complex than my initial intention for posting it yet still something there i'd wanna say.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    I'm going to say no. Fe. He said the shame with a smile on the inside. If you really were truthful, you wouldn't think of shame when eating the biscuits.
    What do you think of when eating the biscuit?

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question, I'd probably not eat the biscuit. If that is not an option, I don't know. I might be thinking it is funny that I'm eating the biscuit. It is very likely that I'd have no remorse whatsoever.

Also, yes, I tend to overgeneralize. I could give more personal stories, but I don't have very many to give. I do attempt to give concrete examples of things, but even so.

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it turned out much more complex than i'd ever imagined to the point that even my deeply seated no-longer-conscious religious rooting came to the fore, and it raised a havoc with my spirituality as well but i digress;

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm reminded of something Jung wrote how the Introverted Feeling attitude can be 'captured' or held captive by surprise or something to that effect

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I'm reminded of something Jung wrote how the Introverted Feeling attitude can be 'captured' or held captive by surprise or something to that effect
    this is interesting. could you elaborate?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm going to say no. Fe. He said the shame with a smile on the inside. If you really were truthful, you wouldn't think of shame when eating the biscuit. I tend to think of Fi as being the true feeling you feel, while Fe is what you tell everyone else.

So yeah, Fe does influence Fi, and Fi influences Fe. So yeah, Fi users tend to be good at telling what the other person really is like under the skin, while Fe users are good at dealing with the emotional situation in a group. As such, Fi deals better with less people and Fe deals better with larger groups.

An Fe user enjoys shared emotions in the group, while Fi prefers a deeper connection and often blocks out untrusted individuals.

An an example of Fi is some kind of almost mystical connection with something. For me, it was the first time I played Totentanz by Franz Liszt. I'm not sure you could recreate the moment I had with it by listening to it, but hey.
    This.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No... can people please stop masturbating over "Fi = true honest real deep feelingz, Fe = fake"? That's way too oversimplified.

I'm not sure what was Fi about the video, but maybe the part where everything else is happening in the room but you're ignoring it and instead focusing on the feelings you feel toward eating the biscuit, is maybe Fi.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post

I'm not sure what was Fi about the video, but maybe the part where everything else is happening in the room but you're ignoring it and instead focusing on the feelings you feel toward eating the biscuit, is maybe Fi.
    Ya, that's what I was asking about whether it's identifiable as such ??

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fe --> needs discharge
    Fi --> doesn't

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    No... can people please stop masturbating over "Fi = true honest real deep feelingz, Fe = fake"? That's way too oversimplified.

Fair enough. I tend to not understand how Fe works due to my Fe PoLR, so the way I understand it is by what I absolutely prefer not to do or comepletely ignore.

Also, because I read a lot of descriptions and no verification on my own with others, what I think tends to get mixed in with what other people say. I guess that would be Ni working at full chug. And yes, my confidence is pretty high. That will change. Also, there is a lot unsaid, because I've found that saying less is better to dig your grave less.

Also, a good example of what I consider to be Fi is seen in the first Lisa episode from the Simpsons: Episode 06, Moaning Lisa. It should be painfully obvious.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But wait a second, what if it's Ti, the function of the mighty itself ??

My ex-husband'd get so bogged down by what other people're doing that he missed entirely whatever had remained that was special in our relationship until there was nothing left but disappointment and pain and needed ending.

Maybe a relationship needs some basic Ti with or without the biscuit ??

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, a good example of what I consider to be Fi is seen in the first Lisa episode from the Simpsons: Episode 06, Moaning Lisa. It should be painfully obvious.
    Idk, I really related to that personally. I think "feeling sad" and needing to express it is more Fe, specifically E4. She was feeling sad, because all the other people were feeling sad, and she couldn't see how she could be happy herself if other people were sad:

Lisa: I'm wailing out for the homeless family living out of its car. The Iowa farmer, whose land has been taken away by unfeeling bureaucrats. The West Virginia coal miner, coughing...

Mr. Largo: Well, that's all fine and good, but Lisa, none of those unpleasant people are going to be at the recital next week.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noaydi View Post
    Fi is about making freedom of mind an imperative
    wata paradoxical function
    How do you suggest it works irl, how can that freedom become possible?