Thread: Type Ghost

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I could maybe help you with enneagram if you ever come to the shoutbox. Enneagram makes a lot of sense to me but it takes time to fully understand it.
    Well I'm pretty sure I'm 4-6-9 sx/sp, I just don't pay much attention to it. I feel like it doesn't explain much past what my Socionics type explains. The two systems overlap too much to provide anything meaningful, and I like Socionics better.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Okay, I get you now. I thought you meant "E" as an abbreviation for extraversion. Your post makes a lot more sense now.
    Teeheeheeheehee

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phantombride View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure I'm 4-6-9 sx/sp, I just don't pay much attention to it. I feel like it doesn't explain much past what my Socionics type explains. The two systems overlap too much to provide anything meaningful, and I like Socionics better.
    Socionics doesnt say anything about core motivations and fears

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics doesnt say anything about core motivations and fears
    Hmm, well if you would like to help then I appreciate it
    Maybe I'll be in there later

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mori View Post
    Just based on your questionnaire... i get that impression your inclination to music as a sense of sensation > concept, so perhaps ESI / SEI fits better. It's hard to distinguish between the two as I always picture SEI as less intense (I kind of agree with @Cassandra why she thinks 4s are most likely fit for IEI, ESI and delta NF). Somehow I think some parts of what you are projecting might be clouded by your depression (am i wrong here?), so to properly say which type fits you best is hard. All the best, Ghost.
    This isn't Sensing where she talks about music: "I imagine being in another place and being another person."

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    I concur with @Adam Strange on this one, and yeah I know I am notorious for this by now, but I also think you are ESI.

Adam has made some good points in his comment. I'd just like to add that Fe Ignoring and Fe PoLR or Seeking can "look" very similar in V.I.

Both Fe Ignoring (= IxFj) and 1D Fe (=IxTx) don't show too much Fe often times. IxFj people "suppress" Fe expression to some extent (esp. in many photos), whereas IxTx simply doesn't have enough Fe to "show". And if they try to "show" it, it typically looks awkward and stifled. The Fi subtype of Fi lead can look especially stern, unless there are certain Enneagram fixations that make them more likely to use their Fe to avoid "harshness" (more applicable to ESIs specifically) or seeming "too serious", like it is the case with Type 9s or certain SX first individuals who are concerned with looking sexually appealing and "inviting".
    Fe creative can hide Fe a lot too, like yourself.

OK, don't have time to read the whole thread, but my type guess for OP is IEI. Agree with @phantombride's analysis about beta NF but I see Ni Base>Creative and Ti HA>Ti DS.

Pacifist
    TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    This isn't Sensing where she talks about music: "I imagine being in another place and being another person."

True. I didn't see that part before. I think it's added afterwards, which is good. The more she reveals her inner world, the more I believe I'm seeing an intuitive person. IEI > ESI/SEI too.

Tell me about yourself.
    I reinvent myself ever so often, but it's more my image that i reinvent.
    I believe this itself is clearly Fe ego or strong Fe?

Some other:

If I can tell you like me and you dont take initiative in any kind of way it turns me off, I want to deal with a confident person who is not afraid to be turned down.
    I like when people get jealous and possessive/protective of me.
    Perhaps not so much direct correlation but I could see her get along better with an SLE than a LIE.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

If this is not a quintessential ESI thread, I don't know what is.

Being interested in Main values etc. = Fi lead
    "Do 5, because I said so" = low key Se Creative
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Nope. Values are not just the domain of Fi. That tastes a bit like MBTI tbh...

For example Ti can also prioritize things, that's just going to work in a different way.

"Do 5, because I said so" is not really like Se creative, if I must assign it to type/position of Se in the function model, it sounds like provocative Se seeking. I've seen quite some IEIs do this a lot.

Why do you not consider the Beta NF things, I don't get it. Like the stuff phantombride analyzed earlier in post #32.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At some point, a Ni lead is going to say something about the future and bug Ni Polr types.

At some point, a Si lead is going to say something about sensations and bug Si Polr types.

So which is it?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote goes to SEI-Si and enneagram 6. Can't provide much more of a rationale.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

ENFp

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden.”

Is she really the quintessential ESI?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Maybe you have to understand that I troll and I'm a very sarcastic person. If you were to talk to me one-on-one or have a serious discussion, you would learn something else. Sometimes things aren't what they seem.
    I had not seen this when I posted above.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    From Augusta's Dual Nature of Man:
    This article really needs to be rearranged, cleaned up, and shortened before it should be referenced in any type me threads. It is way too easy to misinterpret the information written like this.

That being said, I think Ghost is an Fi ego type.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    This article really needs to be rearranged, cleaned up, and shortened before it should be referenced in any type me threads. It is way too easy to misinterpret the information written like this.

That being said, I think Ghost is an Fi ego type.
    Why?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why?
    Most of what you said seemed to relate to Fi valuing over Fe. You're definitely Se/Ni valuing either way, and either a beta or gamma ethical type, introverted from what you've said and which I agree with. I'm just leaning more towards ESI than IEI right now.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    Most of what you said seemed to relate to Fi valuing over Fe. You're definitely Se/Ni valuing either way, and either a beta or gamma ethical type, introverted from what you've said and which I agree with. I'm just leaning more towards ESI than IEI right now.
    Fi is morals right? I said I'm annoyed at people who are too moralistic...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have 4D Fi if you are ESI, meaning you go beyond norm of Fi which can be being annoyed/limited by too much morality ?
    It's the ethical who are the best to break and create their own ethical rules, logician can break ethical rules but more by ignorance/oversight (otherwise logician prefer a predictable ethical world, because difficulty to respond to unexpected ethical changes).
    It goes the same for Ti ego who can feel constrained by logician rules as long as it doesn't fit with their own created set of rules, which implies breaking the unliked rules as long as not caught.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shining View Post
    You have 4D Fi if you are ESI, meaning you go beyond norm of Fi which can be being annoyed/limited by too much morality ?
    It's the ethical who are the best to break and create their own ethical rules, logician can break ethical rules but more by ignorance/oversight (otherwise logician prefer a predictable ethical world, because difficulty to respond to unexpected ethical changes).
    It goes the same for Ti ego who can feel constrained by logician rules as long as it doesn't fit with their own created set of rules, which implies breaking the unliked rules as long as not caught.
    The thing is I'm not a moral person, so i dont see how i can value Fi. If i'm IEI I still have 4D Fi which means I know what it means but I find it annoying since I don't value it. Im not a judgy person, my main way of living is focusing on me and my perception of things, aka Ip type. I definitely do not relate to the Ij temperament.
    The only thing that I can see is Fi about me is the like/dislike aka attraction/repulsion which comes naturally with being sx first. The difference is im not judging it on the persons morals, its simply an instinctual attraction/repulsion. Also I dont see how I have Se anywhere as I have major trouble with being sensual and experiencing sensual pleasure, hard getting out of my head and my emotions.
    I have met Se people and they are the opposite of me, just enjoying life to the fullest while I'm "trapped" in my world, both physically and mentally.
    Last edited by maniac; 03-05-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is I'm not a moral person, so i dont see how i can value Fi. If i'm IEI I still have 4D Fi which means I know what it means but I find it annoying since I don't value it. Im not a judgy person, my main way of living is focusing on me and my perception of things, aka Ip type. I definitely do not relate to the Ij temperament.
    The only thing that I can see is Fi about me is the like/dislike aka attraction/repulsion which comes naturally with being sx first. The difference is im not judging it on the persons morals, its simply an instinctual attraction/repulsion. Also I dont see how I have Se anywhere as I have major trouble with being sensual and experiencing sensual pleasure, hard getting out of my head and my emotions.
    I have met Se people and they are the opposite of me, just enjoying life to the fullest while I'm "trapped" in my world, both physically and mentally.
    Yes from your statements IEI is your best fit

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Sorry but it's not quite the same saying "I don't care about logic" / "I'm annoyed about too much logic" as just breaking some rules using your own rules in place.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but it's not quite the same saying "I don't care about logic" / "I'm annoyed about too much logic" as just breaking some rules using your own rules in place.
    I just said Ti can feel annoyed/limited/constrained by some rules because of an ability to go beyond norm of Ti, so being able to break some rules consciously.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was going more off of relations between things and people, which was something that came up in all/most of the questions you answered.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think between base and creative you'll find some banality. It's probably because it is close contact with demonstrative which is the another's ignoring at the same time and therefore NOT as 'pure'.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I just said Ti can feel annoyed/limited/constrained by some rules because of an ability to go beyond norm of Ti, so being able to break some rules consciously.
    I was drawing the parallel between "I'm annoyed at people who are too moralistic" and between "I'm annoyed about too much logic". The former is to which you tried to draw the parallel of Ti breaking rules, which IMO is not the same.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was drawing the parallel between "I'm annoyed at people who are too moralistic" and between "I'm annoyed about too much logic". The former is to which you tried to draw the parallel of Ti breaking rules, which IMO is not the same.
    We can agree a logical rule is supposed to be always true, but applying logical rules can be restraining and annoying sometimes, in some case respecting the rules is non efficient so logically the best move is to break the rule. But if you stay in an absolute logic mode, you miss the opportunity to be more efficient. Wanting too much regulate in a straight line of reasoning produce often a rigid system who isn't working optimally.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^ Acknowledging the minor importance of ignoring.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

We can agree a logical rule is supposed to be always true, but applying logical rules can be restraining and annoying sometimes, in some case respecting the rules is non efficient so logically the best move is to break the rule. But if you stay in an absolute logic mode, you miss the opportunity to be more efficient. Wanting too much regulate in a straight line of reasoning produce often a rigid system who isn't working optimally.
    Sounds like your Ne creative disliking Ne PoLR.

I do agree tho' that having some flexibility in a system is important in quite some cases, it's just, I'm not bothered by a rigid system either.

Now if it is not mine, I would often easily have a different opinion on things and thus break the rules of this system of someone else's.

But that's not the same as being annoyed by too much logic was my point.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like your Ne creative disliking Ne PoLR.

I do agree tho' that having some flexibility in a system is important in quite some cases, it's just, I'm not bothered by a rigid system either.

Now if it is not mine, I would often easily have a different opinion on things and thus break the rules of this system of someone else's.

But that's not the same as being annoyed by too much logic was my point.
    Being annoyed by too much logic can work for Ti ego i think because it can restrain Ne who is looking for more, maybe not with Se ego though.
    But yes the parallel isn't working then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12