TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILI Comparison Thread

"What do you think an ILI is to you?"

I've figured it would be a good idea to gather information on what makes two ILI the same, and what makes them different. Not sure if this has been done before. I've considered narrowing it down to just ILIs, but either way.

Pretty much the idea is for everyone to just do free association or something. People are free to critique their peers, I guess, but it is all in the name of understanding each other. This will solve the question of how precise the ILI type is in a manner that is satisfactory to my standards. Precision being the goal here, not accuracy, I am going by the assumption that everyone who says they are an ILI is one in this thread.

I shall go first. Due to not understanding socionics very well, expect my answer to be in the average substandard quality.

Also, I kind of just ended up writing a description of ILI. This is not required, and it might be better to just be yourself. My self is obvious at this point, I hope. ~ Future Me.

My answer to the question.

I tend to believe that ILIs prefer to work behind the scenes. They tend to pick jobs that are in high demand so as to minimize the risk of unemployment. Some ILIs do not do their work for money, but instead enjoy the impact they make on the world.

This is contrasted by those ILIs who believe money is everything, in which case, they'll stockpile it. A key thing a ILI would spend money on is something that is valuable over a long period of time. Therefore, it is also very likely that the ILI will invest their money, but only based on their confidence that investment will be worth it.

ILIs are not the best at communication. They don't pick up on social cues, or even if they do, they might just ignore them and keep on doing what they were doing. This can give them problems with other people.

ILIs tend to work by the books, and if they don't know the book, they might get anxious. As such, ILIs tend to like reading up on anything they are not good at. ILIs do tend to be hard workers when given something they would like to work on though. Even if it is monotonous, if they enjoy it, they'll continue at it. Such joy is often fleeting, however. ILIs who do not like what they are doing will stop, barring some kind of responsibility to it.

ILI's living quarters are typically a mess. Some things are organized, because they mean something to the ILI, for example, said books. However, things that hold little to no value are dumped on the floor. This is including books that the ILI read and didn't like, for example.

Reading is not the most interesting thing to an ILI. Some do take to reading, but there is something better, called the internet. ILIs really like the internet, because anything you want is at the tip of your fingers.

Finally, ILIs are very much moralistic. It might not be apparent, but ILIs tend to fall back to various principles they have learned when engaging in social circumstances. As such, they are not usually trouble makers or criminals, unless given a reason to do so.

Some people might assume that ILIs are cold and calculating, but they are perhaps the opposite of that. They care a ton about everything they do, and if they don't like it, they leave. I've done that far too many times. As such, the ILI is truly a free spirit, but one caged in his own promises and ideals. It is a struggle to not compromise one's beliefs when proven inadequate for the times.

Hopefully I'm both right and a quality writer. I based this entirely on my perception of my self. I don't know what other people will think of this, and while I do care, I cannot control people. If anything, just replace ILI with Alomoes if I am wrong, and tell me I'm not ILI, although it really makes no sense for me to be anything else.

A good place to start would be to look for some statement in the wall of text I have made, and say you disagree with it. I'm sure there is something. I'd prefer disagree to agree, as confirmation bias, but if you must, then you must. I believe what I wrote was fairly generic, so feel free to add to it.

Oh yeah, finally, feel free to steal the idea for another type.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 02-13-2017 at 06:33 AM.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Delicious!

Now, as I sit with my piles around me, all I can say is ... um .. yes. (I have to clean my office space up, but it's too hard!) I'm contemplating what more to say. If you aren't an ILI, then neither am I.

Well I'm back. (I can't stand that huge blob of white under posts, so I'm editing this.)

In this post I'll answer @Alomeoes answers line by line.

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    I tend to believe that ILIs prefer to work behind the scenes. They tend to pick jobs that are in high demand so as to minimize the risk of unemployment. Some ILIs do not do their work for money, but instead enjoy the impact they make on the world.
    When I worked I held several jobs, a couple retail small clothing store cashier jobs in mall, not my absolute forte, but I was OK with it.

I then had office work that was behind the scenes mostly, one was a receptionist job that had little actual face time, more about routing phone calls and doing what I wanted inbetween. (Nice!)

My last job I was Desktop Publisher for my old church. I took that job when someone else left and made it into a huge job that they had to piecemeal out to several others when I left a year later. I was going to stay home and raise my family from there on out.

Since then I try to help anyone online that I can, for free. So many opportunities for helpful interaction over the internet!

This is contrasted by those ILIs who believe money is everything, in which case, they'll stockpile it. A key thing a ILI would spend money on is something that is valuable over a long period of time. Therefore, it is also very likely that the ILI will invest their money, but only based on their confidence that investment will be worth it.
    I love money, but don't worship it. I can get by on less, but feel more human when everthing is more or less fluid financially. I haven't wanted to invest in anything, I have found nothing worthwhile yet, sans a few kickstarters here and there.

ILIs are not the best at communication. They don't pick up on social cues, or even if they do, they might just ignore them and keep on doing what they were doing. This can give them problems with other people.
    So true. I can't offer any examples but do admit it's tough for us to understand what someone wants of us, we often guess wrong and embarrass ourselves, or feel we know what's what and ignore it because of what it is, right or wrong. Yes, people are problems for us.

ILIs tend to work by the books, and if they don't know the book, they might get anxious. As such, ILIs tend to like reading up on anything they are not good at. ILIs do tend to be hard workers when given something they would like to work on though. Even if it is monotonous, if they enjoy it, they'll continue at it. Such joy is often fleeting, however. ILIs who do not like what they are doing will stop, barring some kind of responsibility to it.
    Yes, yes, yes. Always reading to improve my understanding of anything, which always brings up so much more I didn't know yet. Anything new will require me to search out what it all is, and that's that. God forbid there is any responsibility to anything. augh freedom!

ILI's living quarters are typically a mess. Some things are organized, because they mean something to the ILI, for example, said books. However, things that hold little to no value are dumped on the floor. This is including books that the ILI read and didn't like, for example.
    Another absolute truth. I have piles of things on my desk and all around my office. In the rest of the house, it isn't very nice, not like those pictures on the BETA forum, ha, ha, ha! [Housework is such a chore, and who has time for that when there are other things to do.]

Reading is not the most interesting thing to an ILI. Some do take to reading, but there is something better, called the internet. ILIs really like the internet, because anything you want is at the tip of your fingers.
    The internet has reading. I read lots on the internet, really I do! Ah, but it is so interactive it's wonderful. I do read books sometimes, used to read a lot more than I do now. I go months without reading a book. If I do read, I HAVE to read the book as fast as I can, with not one bit of interruption by anyone else. I will do nothing but read. Get the book finished. Other types like the internet too. I think that the younger generations will let go of books sooner than later. I still love books, just don't do much with them the last 10 years. I forced myself to put a READ page on my blog some years ago, and update it when I read things, but ... I am slack about it.

Finally, ILIs are very much moralistic. It might not be apparent, but ILIs tend to fall back to various principles they have learned when engaging in social circumstances. As such, they are not usually trouble makers or criminals, unless given a reason to do so.
    Too true. I'm always the goody two shoes in the public eye for the most part. Considering that it's weird to reflect that crime is a prevalent theme in my life, liking shows, movies, books, and often talking with close family about different crimes in a humourous way, like we'd do it ourselves ever.
    Last edited by crazymaisy; 02-13-2017 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Responding more
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"What do you think an ILI is to you?"

Are non-ILIs allowed to participate, i'm going over a re-typing of others spell (!).

My comment would be if ILIs are indeed concerned about money it doesn't show as much as, say, few SLIs i've known who make it topic to a great length of conversation how they don't have enough of it, they need to get more of it, what a bargain they got etc. Somehow it helps to contrast with somewhat similar type too though sidetracking is not my intention.

And maybe ILI do like the limelight a bit but something something (hopefully ILIs will complete sentence??)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I read the title as "ILI Compassion Thread" and was amazed that someone would delve into that topic.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Are non-ILIs allowed to participate, i'm going over a re-typing of others spell (!).

My comment would be if ILIs are indeed concerned about money it doesn't show as much as, say, few SLIs i've known who make it topic to a great length of conversation how they don't have enough of it, they need to get more of it, what a bargain they got etc. Somehow it helps to contrast with somewhat similar type too though sidetracking is not my intention.

And maybe ILI do like the limelight a bit but something something (hopefully ILIs will complete sentence??)
    An ILI can like the limelight, but only about something they are fully confident in displaying.

Being concerned about Quality is my thing, This is about money, only since bartering isn't really possible. I wouldn't ever talk about money, it creates too much want, and that's too emotive I don't want to touch it, even with a 10-foot Pole.

I look at new products and always choose what I like, not how much it costs. "Damn that version is too high priced." Is the closest an outward comment might come out, as I gravitate to the mid-priced alternative that is just as good. If something is higher priced I'll put other things back (sacrifice) to gain certain other things.

Having a SEE spouse can be dangerous. SEE hears me say something about a thing I saw in a store, or drew his attention to. It'll be a present for me someday. It works for you and against you. You can't point as something cool that you don't want.

SEE grumbles about money, but spends it anyway, can over extends "Borrows from Peter to pay Paul" kind of thing.

There's a particular brand of Vanilla that I buy, it's a high priced compared to other brands. He balked when I asked him to get it "I don't think so, it's too expensive!" He brought home my Vanilla anyhow., and had other things I didn't ask for. Generous to a fault. Can make poor ILI me feel really uncomfortable.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)