TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The suggestive element! Vs PoLR

The element of love!

When the person is walking around people, communicating and exchange information or even processing the world around them they fail to metabolize elements with weak dimension. At least that is how I view suggestive! Lets go with weak Se, the person who value the element fail to pick up the pieces and metabolize it. Most of the information go past the person. So when dualizing the dual kind of enlighten the person of all this information, already metabolized by someone who also value it. But how is this different from the PoLR? Why is PoLR like "hitting you in the face" while suggestive is slipping by your consciousness?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The PoLR is weak and unvalued (rejected), so you are not and can not be attuned to it. Also, the HA sort of suppresses it. Example from my IM process: Chae gurl sits in advanced math class (TiNe) not getting anything because she thinks all the equations are redundant and have no purpose except if you want to choose that career. Comparison to biology class (TeSi): Chae really loves learning about the practical things and bodies because it helps her in life, epic win

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    The PoLR is weak and unvalued (rejected), so you are not and can not be attuned to it. Also, the HA sort of suppresses it. Example from my IM process: Chae gurl sits in advanced math class (TiNe) not getting anything because she thinks all the equations are redundant and have no purpose except if you want to choose that career. Comparison to biology class (TeSi): Chae really loves learning about the practical things and bodies because it helps her in life, epic win
    In this case the PoLR should not be viewed as a slap in the face but something that do not interest the person. I seen IEI's say they are indeed interested in what is efficient.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    In this case the PoLR should not be viewed as a slap in the face but something that do not interest the person. I seen IEI's say they are indeed interested in what is efficient.
    Slap in the face is more of having your ego functions antagonized. The PoLR IE sort of slips by, you can only apply it to yourself as well so it's not a collective effort. It's more of a hassle than sth very crass, unless you are pressured into it so you fail through your valued functions.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slap in the face is more of having your ego functions antagonized. The PoLR IE sort of slips by, you can only apply it to yourself as well so it's not a collective effort. It's more of a hassle than sth very crass, unless you are pressured into it so you fail through your valued functions.
    From the past I seen it as something that does not support your hidden agenda therefor you suppress it to highlighten your hidden agenda. tbh I failed to understand most of what you said.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From the past I seen it as something that does not support your hidden agenda therefor you suppress it to highlighten your hidden agenda. tbh I failed to understand most of what you said.
    I said exactly what you summarized just with different words. What's your type? We probably had information element/HA-related confusion right now.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said exactly what you summarized just with different words. What's your type? We probably had information element/HA-related confusion right now.
    It would not make that big on an impact on the person. What type do you guess? Im open for suggestions!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It would not make that big on an impact on the person. What type do you guess? Im open for suggestions!
    NAH! I wanna know the most popular suggestions for you first I didn't observe you properly so far, I want to be aware of the consensus instead.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PoLR is conscious function. You know that you might cross boundaries with it anytime. It probably causes some anxiety.

Many valuers see as essential component in your ethical realm. For me it is not as I operate on systemic level of understanding thinking cause and effect. I'm actually pretty level headed with my actions. People can trust in me. If there is rule in place I'm going to respect it. There can be certain actions where I can juggle around. Right or wrong? Depends on a judge. In this realm it is important that others acknowledge how that certain person works.

OTOH if someone wants certain kind of treatment/response it is probably a dead end since you want to put creative in there.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In order to access your PoLR, you must first switch to your role function. Information must go through your weak role function before reaching your much weaker PoLR. Because of this filter, others can not influence your PoLR directly. This is part of why criticism to your PoLR is so painful. You know that you're not good at using it, it takes a considerable amount of effort to change it, and you would prefer to altogether avoid using it.

On the contrary, your suggestive function is much more exposed. There are no similar barriers for information to cross, so it can be influenced directly by others. Because it compliments your base function, you actively seek information to stimulate it. Like the PoLR, you're aware that you don't use it well. But rather than being an effort to access, it feels more like a personal ideal that you're striving towards.
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is that the POLR being a conscious unvalued function is something that we are well aware of, weak in, and because we dont value it, get irritated by others' expectations of value for it and their judgement of us being weak at it.

The hidden agenda is instead an unconscious function, which we do value, but because it's unconscious, we dont realize our weakness in it.

I could be totally off about this.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contact/Inert I believe
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    In order to access your PoLR, you must first switch to your role function. Information must go through your weak role function before reaching your much weaker PoLR. Because of this filter, others can not influence your PoLR directly. This is part of why criticism to your PoLR is so painful. You know that you're not good at using it, it takes a considerable amount of effort to change it, and you would prefer to altogether avoid using it.

On the contrary, your suggestive function is much more exposed. There are no similar barriers for information to cross, so it can be influenced directly by others. Because it compliments your base function, you actively seek information to stimulate it. Like the PoLR, you're aware that you don't use it well. But rather than being an effort to access, it feels more like a personal ideal that you're striving towards.
    Why is PoLR protected by role in that way? Your conflictor does have both your role and PoLR in their ego, how does that play out?

TIM
    INTj-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Contact/Inert I believe
    Something that I have observed about the contact and inert subtypes, is that the contact subtype is primarily focused on seeking stimulation for their suggestive function. This primarily manifests in them being attracted to people who have that function in their ego block. They are aware of their weak polr, but they are content to avoid using it whenever possible.

The inert subtype is more concerned with shielding their polr. This can manifest in them trying to use it as a pseudo creative with their program function. They still don't value their polr, but they are more active in trying to address and or cover up the insecurities that it causes.