Athelstan: IEI
    Lagertha: SEE
    Aslaug: Beta rational
    Floki: ILE
    Rollo: LIE
    King Horik: LSE
    king Ecbert: EIE
    Bjorn: SLE
    Siggy: Beta NF (Season 1), ESI (Season 2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ragnar: SLE
    Athelstan: IEI
    Ivar : LIE
    Bjorn : SLE
    Last edited by Shining; 02-17-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vikings

Besides the TV show being very gamma/beta, what do you think are the types of characters?

My opinion:

Ragnar Lothbrok: LIE - He was the one who most of all believed in discovering the new worlds. He was driven by a desire to go beyond what had been known and to explore new places. He came up with a developed strategy of navigating ships on the open sea and thanks to his leadership abilities, many succesfully followed him.He's not really a fighter, but a strategist, an innovator and a leader, who knows how the rules of the world of Vikings work.

Lagertha: SEE - She is a passionate fighter a woman who can take a perfect care of herself and can handle any situation well while using her strength and power. She knows how to get what she wants and she's always encauraged to take what belongs to her.She loves her family and would do anything to protect them. Her ethical values show well when Ragnar comes with a new woman and asks her to be his second wife. Her pride and ethical believes don't let her stay. She expresses affection to those who are very close to her, but she's cautius with most.

Rollo: SLE - Rollo is a highly ambitious man. He is capable of doing anything to get out of the shadow of his brother Ragnar. He's driven, power seeking, self confident, but he lacks the cool headed and rational approach of his brother. He's more impulsive, often acts on a selfish whim and sometimes can't see the full consequences of his actions.
    Absolute lack of Fi shows when he decided to fight against his brother and attacked him with an army of an foregin king. Another lack of Fi shows, when he decided to betray Vikings and became a french warrior just because he wanted the fame.
    He's a fighter like none else, he's never been beaten by anyone and he's a raw, barbarian man. (Freaking HOT one as well)

Floki:
    ILI - Driven by his ideas and visions, he's a ship builder like none else. He's precise, visionary, genius, an idealist and a perfectionist as well. He's torn out from reality, living in his ideas about Vikings Gods, myths and old legends. He's an ambitious one, but often lacks the confidence and motivation to prove his skills. At first he didn't believe that his ship would have flought, it was Ragnar who pushed him into trying it out. He religious beliefs mean everything to him. He even decides to kill Athlestan an ex christian monk, because he doesn't trust him being a true Viking. In later episodes he gets so lost in his own fantasies that he believes he's been chosen by Gods and he has to follow his higher calling. He attacks anyone who doesn't share his personal beliefs and deep convinction in the purpuse of his visions.

Athlestan: EII - A christian monk who stays true to his own believes in one true God long after being kidnaped by the Vikings. He's humble, peaceful and harmonious. Avoiding any sort of conflict with Ragnar or others, he acts empathetically and has a deep understanding of everyone's motives and faith.
    Later on he changes into a Viking himslef, but shortly before Floki kills him, he returns back to christianity and talks to God.

You can argue their types or go on type the other characters. I'm corious what people think.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vikings

Ragnar Lothbrok LSI
    Floki EIE or IEE

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typed Ragnar as SLE and the actor as SLE/SLi/LSI. Floki as ILE ( his wife Helga as IEI or SEI). Ragnar is basically just pure Se at times I considered SEE because of his love for Athelstan (ILI -IEI hybrid). Lagartha, Ragnar’s first wife is clear SEE as I’m sure you and I could agree. To much equal with Ragnar and also to much intuitive blindness between the two of them which lead to their separation.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Floki could alternately be ILI, although he is so zany and odd ball, something to consider is, he was Ragnar's master ship builder and architect, also a master carpenter.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Athelstan and Ragnar. The pairing of opposites.

I swear its just the wind making my eyes water.