Thread: Alice in Wonderland - Ne or Ni?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Alice in Wonderland - Ne or Ni?

Considering the overall cultural oevre (novel, recent movies), is it a more of a or content?

I always perceived the story as very intuitive. Through the Looking Glass sure was due to time travel but I refer to the general topic. Having an alternative world, alternative you, all these fantastical creatures and landscapes. To me, that's > , what do you think?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She shrink in size while everything else is big and change that perspective. The cat whom smiles, while no cats in real life smiles. I would just boil it down to perspective elements, she experience the world of crazy. Maybe Si in a Ne world.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the books. It is kind of like a weird and bad dream. Pretty sure that would be complete possibility on the first glance, but when you go deeper, there is semblance of logic to each thing that happens. This is much more evident in the sequal, which is more like an anthology for poems. As such, I'd say Ne and Ti. I haven't read it in a long time, though, so I'm not the most familiar with the content on hand. I've always related it to having a bad migraine and experiencing the visions that I see sometimes under said migraines which I don't get anymore.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 02-09-2017 at 05:20 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now that I think about it, it is sort of a Terry Pratchettian manner of delivery, he's also Ne ego.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ne imo

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say there is an element of both.

It is Ni in the general sense of being an elaborate fantasy, but it's also used as a backdrop for various intellectual TiNe puzzles and language games. I've always seen Carroll as Alpha NT but maybe LII is better due to the Ni content.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"going down the rabbit hole" is Ni for sure.... but all those ridiculous characters and worlds and imagery with the crazy wordplay is Ne galore! doesn't set my DS off, that's for sure. maybe in a weird miragey way at most.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cheshire cat carries a lot of spirit imo, it sums up quite a lot concerning the overall mentality.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    "going down the rabbit hole" is Ni for sure.... but all those ridiculous characters and worlds and imagery with the crazy wordplay is Ne galore! doesn't set my DS off, that's for sure. maybe in a weird miragey way at most.
    Yeah, I wanted to throw this in "delta-NF-on-shrooms classic children's books" although alpha probably works better. It seems demo to me and there's way more focus on generalities than just individual relationships and events (which is what I tend to see as the difference between Merry vs. Judicious in writing, and also why most writers are in Merry aside from -valuing just being overall more conducive to writing, since writing about generalities tends to be seen as more "profound" and tends to last more over time) which makes it lean alpha to me even. Maybe alpha NTs just are delta NFs on shrooms

The rest of the list consisted of:
    Through the Looking Glass (the sequel)
    Anything by Roald Dahl
    A Wrinkle in Time (and the rest of that series)
    Phantom Tollbooth
    Flatland
    Half Magic

These are probably Alpha > Delta generally, but still some weird mix of strong valued and strong devalued (also generally the only kind of thing besides what I call "dead dog books" that was readily accessible when I was way younger, and "dead dog books" were something I threw in the same category as soap operas and completely loathed).

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems Ne to me

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Caterpillar right here... is he more on the side of the movie?

(Or probably just Alan Rickman delivering yet another good ILI-inspired performance)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Essentially: when mathematics meets creative writing.

It ignores laws physics just manipulates mathematical objects and builds characters around it.

Reminds me of my own brain.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post

Yeah, I wanted to throw this in "delta-NF-on-shrooms classic children's books" although alpha probably works better. It seems demo to me and there's way more focus on generalities than just individual relationships and events (which is what I tend to see as the difference between Merry vs. Judicious in writing, and also why most writers are in Merry aside from -valuing just being overall more conducive to writing, since writing about generalities tends to be seen as more "profound" and tends to last more over time) which makes it lean alpha to me even. Maybe alpha NTs just are delta NFs on shrooms

The rest of the list consisted of:
    Through the Looking Glass (the sequel)
    Anything by Roald Dahl
    A Wrinkle in Time (and the rest of that series)
    Phantom Tollbooth
    Flatland
    Half Magic

These are probably Alpha > Delta generally, but still some weird mix of strong valued and strong devalued (also generally the only kind of thing besides what I call "dead dog books" that was readily accessible when I was way younger, and "dead dog books" were something I threw in the same category as soap operas and completely loathed).
    I loved all of those books as a kid (except Flatland which I didn't read until I was older, it seemed boring). (but btw, I think Madeleine L'Engle is probably EIE.)

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is +Ne/-Ni based (Alpha Ne and Beta Ni). Those weird wacky things are usually this combined IM. Note that it can be enjoyed by any other types, as long as they appreciate input from these IM's.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)