Thread: Development of functions as you age

Creepy-INTj 123

Default Development of functions as you age

It seems that your first function is pretty strong from the get-go. Your second function works fairly well in your youth and seems to fully develop sometime in the teens (or at whatever point you decide to make good use of it). Is there a timeline any of the older folks have with respect to the third and fourth functions and their development? I'm approaching my mid twenties and it seems that I'm getting more of a handle on my third function, but the fourth is still a hell of a chore for me. I will probably igore my third function on a regular basis, but I seem able to use it in the situations when it is needed (although it is rather raw). If I could do the same with the fourth, I would probably have a potentially better handle on more difficult life situations.

It seems with regard to the unconsicous functions, they develop through exposure to things of that specific function's nature, but they are course sporadic, and hard to predict when their use will arise. They lack the constincey of the conscuious fucntions.

The MBTI articles address this point, but they are only to be looked at with a skeptical eye as they are, well, MBTI articles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"As an INTj, developing your persistance, pressure, authority, etc. (Extraverted Sensing) would be incredibly annoying to you since you can't "shut out" the other "possibilities" of action, potentials, ideals, etc. (Extraverted Intution). You would be better off focusing on physicality, comfort, aesthetics, health, etc. (Introverted Sensing) since this compliments your creative function. "

Wow, very insightful piece of information.

Creepy-INTj 123

Transigent, what you propose seems to be the essense of quadrable interaction.

I thank you for that advice and i recognize that is potentially the best answer to my problems. However, most of friends are NT's, and I haven't associated in circles where alpha SF types consistently associate for a while.

So I'm trying to do this without the assitence of the types I need. And its frustrating because hanging out with a bunch of INTjs all day can get pretty frustrating