Thread: Inner-Quadra conflicts

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Inner-Quadra conflicts

I think that the biggest conflicts actually occur within Quadras, because 1) they have the same strategies, and 2) they are competing for the same thing, but have diametrically opposite goals. So they conflict. Your adjacent Quadras will likely leave each other alone. Your opposite Quadra (Alpha vs Gamma, Beta vs Delta) causes differences and disagreements, but not necessarily conflicts.

So the example common themes might be something like:

Alpha - don't know

Beta - Authoritarians vs anti-authoritarians

Gamma - Capitalists vs anti-capitalists (I knew an ILI who was a hardcore communist... But then there are ILIs who are hardcore capitalists)

Delta - Maybe nationalists vs anti-nationalists

I'll expound on Beta, since I'm most familiar with it. Authoritarian Betas are quite fearsome and obviously dangerous. They will use all of the power that they have in their disposal to pummel and beat the rest of the people into submission. It's brute force in every single way. But then there are some anti-authoritarians that are just as vindictive and forceful. Betas often create a tight-knit group of people who are ideologically similar, and often charge into anyone that they disagree with. They often become super-charged and fanatical and will not easily give up until they can put their opposition into submission. If they are successful, they might be able to overthrow the authoritarian regime.

It's kind of reminiscent of the "phalanx" position that that the ancient Greeks have invented, which leaves for little weakness or vulnerabilities, and just charges into a single direction:

After the Beta revolution is over, it might be required to turn over to Gamma to fully begin the democratization process... Perhaps the fight will be over which "system" or philosophy to adopt into society.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may be true about Betas but it probably isn't true about, say, Deltas.