Thread: Ideal Types for Working Relationships

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ideal Types for Working Relationships

What are the top three types of Intertype Relationships for working where you felt most successful?
    Last edited by Iwantpeace; 09-04-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from the fact that you apparently get along with your superego, it's a bad sign that you claim to like LIEs.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I have said many times that I work well with my superego relation, LSE. Problems may arise from this, though:

* I can end up working in an environment dominated by my opposite quadra
    * Attempts to cross over from work to personal relations create friction
    * Their way of looking at (or not looking at) long-term developments works against my needs
    * My most valuable input may go unused

Those are some significant downsides. But it does seem good in the day-to-day, crank-out-the-work sense, just as sorrows seems to be saying.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I work quite well with my superego (SLE) as well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had this happen to them. We don't really connect much in conversation though, and it's very formal for the most part.

However, when we work together, we don't bother each other that much, we're very productive and help cover each other's weaknesses. It's not perfect working with your super ego and there is some conflict of interest, but most of the time it works out fine.

I think with work, inter-type relations pretty much go out the window. I've had bad experiences, while working with SLIs before, which was interesting because we got along well when we weren't working and just talking about what's on our mind, but we didn't get along as well while working.
    Last edited by Raver; 01-13-2017 at 06:50 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get along well with my superego as well, we just disagree alot. However, as a supervisor, ive found superego to be a nightmare.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual is overall the best long term, by a long shot.
    Super-ego is not bad at all but one of the two has to take the role of the introvert, I´m not always willing to do it. However there´s always a strong mutual respect which is often rare to find.
    Semi-dual is also pretty good.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One has to look at the work first, then choose the type mix. In routine work, choosing compatible, harmonious types is the best course. However, in design and forensic lab environments where innovation is key, I have found that mixing types such as conflicting and contrary produce the better results although the work environment may be somewhat tense at times. Superego types seemed to work well together in teams regardless of the environment and they got along. Duals didn't seem to have skills or interests that overlapped so I never had reason to team them although as expected, they got along well on a personal level.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For working together, I agree with @FDG. Duals are far and away the best. They are strong where I am weak, and vice-versa. They are steady, hard workers who focus on the work. They tend to shut down any really crazy or impractical ideas. Interpersonal issues are kept to a minimum, and these can be sorted out fairly quickly and equitably.

My next preference is Supervisors, or SLI. They can work hard and don't demand unreasonable things. If they are not working hard, it is because they have determined (correctly) that they can goof off for a certain length of time and still get the work done in the allocated time.
    (Edit) I should add that I don't actually work well with SLI's, but I do work harder when they are around. They are like an impetus or something which causes me to focus on the task at hand and to work harder. This might be Supervision, or it might be a leftover from my SLI father, but in any case, I find that they are useful to have around for work. I end up working harder, and if they are pointed at a project with instructions and a budget, they usually get it done.

My third preference is for either LIE (Identicals) or LSE (Kindred), depending on the task, and only if the LIE's have sorted out who is in charge, and only if I am in charge of the LSE's. The LIE's are better for running independent projects, the LSE's are better for accomplishing and improving something which is already very well-defined.

An ideal company might look like this:

(to be added later....)
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-14-2017 at 04:28 PM.

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can agree for Super Ego as you have somewhat similar view without interacting with them too much on personnal sphere, it's okay for work

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, Mirror hands down, and then possibly Identical. This probably has to do with the type of work, if it was something more generic and less technical super-ego might not be that bad.

For bosses -- any type that will give me total independence to get the job done as I see fit. In my experience Betas usually have a problem with this, but a wide variety of types could work.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    I like them, and respect them. What's not to like?
    In general you would expect to run into conflicts and miscommunications with people from the opposite quadra more than of the same quadra. Are you saying this doesn't happen to you in work environments? Personally I have seen some pretty nasty socionic conflicts in the workplace before.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My third preference is for either LIE (Identicals) or LSE (Kindred), depending on the task, and only if the LIE's have sorted out who is in charge
    I was thinking about identicals, too, but overall in my limited experience it only works well if either if there are no hierarchical differences, or if there's a extremely large difference in life / work experience where one of the two can thus teach the other.
    Otherwise either I or the partner has to repress his/her part of his true personality.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit