Thread: Winning back

Default Winning back

How can I, as an EII, probable Ne subtype, win back an IEE, probable Fi subtype? As I expect posts of discouragement, I'll note that well, I doubt I'll listen.
    I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm basically an emotionally fragile kid now (pretty shure), as I did give her a glimpse of that image, so I have some work to do. I intend to use this motivation to improve and possibly figure out other aspects of my life as well, but I need a plan and belief (and possibly some form of a stabilizing agent, real bad). Currently, aside from subtly pursuing her lovely ass, I don't think I have motivation for anything and would otherwise just waddle in selfpity nihilisticallly; but through this pursuit I intend to better other aspects of my life, and do things I should have already done. Hopefully I might run into some other girl along the way before I see futility.
    As far as her reason for not wanting to be with me goes, well, frankly there's so many and bad it's pretty funny: don't give a hoot about taking care of myself, no social life, no true interests, she might have felt she was the center of my world because I came along to strong, or due to my limited circumstances; still seem like a kid needing someone to take care of him, and emotionally unstable at that. Or possibly god forbid, she thought I was an ISTp (don't know if she knows socionics, I hope not, though she might have simply been attracted by that persona). Oh yeah, she's the one who initiated initially. I can come off as one, but that's just my guard and persona I have. Fact of the matter is, I need to get my act together, emotionally, spiritually and well, I suppose in relations to being an adult. Worst thing of all is there's a general disinterest permeating everything otherwise.
    I'll try to find out if she knows about socionics, but maybe that's not such a good idea. So what should I do? What tactics can you give me, what strategy can you conjure up? Tell me what attracted you to your current or past partners, and especially if you think you could change your mind about such a man through superficial displays such as ocassionally bumping into each other in college, in the span of roughly 6 months. I mean, you obviously can't imagine this, but really, just try and give me anything. I know my intentions are manipulative here, but I don't care.
    I'm probably as close an EII can get to an SLI anyway.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personally, I find emotional fragility somewhat difficult to deal with in partners - it makes me watchful of what I say and do and that makes me feel trapped and restricted. I also feel bad when I cause emotional turmoil or bad feelings. I might have some advice on how to "attract her again," but frankly, I don't think she should be baited into falling for someone fragile and unstable and unable to take care of himself. That does not sound fair to her. The best strategy for both of you, I think, would be to work on you, perhaps with her as your inspiration, but not pursue until you can be a more stable, solid, self-sufficient partner?

IEEs don't like to have to take care of someone out of necessity (vs. out of free will and the desire to see someone happy). You might manipulate her into going for you, but eventually you will lose her again.

But to answer your question, I am quite attracted to confident, solid, and capable men and introversion keeps me intrigued and feel more at ease with my own extroversion. I am turned off by neediness and constant complaining, lack of courage, dependence on comfort zones, too much overthinking, and lack of energy.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tide View Post
    How can I, as an EII, probable Ne subtype, win back an IEE, probable Fi subtype? As I expect posts of discouragement, I'll note that well, I doubt I'll listen.
    I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm basically an emotionally fragile kid now (pretty shure), as I did give her a glimpse of that image, so I have some work to do. I intend to use this motivation to improve and possibly figure out other aspects of my life as well, but I need a plan and belief (and possibly some form of a stabilizing agent, real bad). Currently, aside from subtly pursuing her lovely ass, I don't think I have motivation for anything and would otherwise just waddle in selfpity nihilisticallly; but through this pursuit I intend to better other aspects of my life, and do things I should have already done. Hopefully I might run into some other girl along the way before I see futility.
    As far as her reason for not wanting to be with me goes, well, frankly there's so many and bad it's pretty funny: don't give a hoot about taking care of myself, no social life, no true interests, she might have felt she was the center of my world because I came along to strong, or due to my limited circumstances; still seem like a kid needing someone to take care of him, and emotionally unstable at that. Or possibly god forbid, she thought I was an ISTp (don't know if she knows socionics, I hope not, though she might have simply been attracted by that persona). Oh yeah, she's the one who initiated initially. I can come off as one, but that's just my guard and persona I have. Fact of the matter is, I need to get my act together, emotionally, spiritually and well, I suppose in relations to being an adult. Worst thing of all is there's a general disinterest permeating everything otherwise.
    I'll try to find out if she knows about socionics, but maybe that's not such a good idea. So what should I do? What tactics can you give me, what strategy can you conjure up? Tell me what attracted you to your current or past partners, and especially if you think you could change your mind about such a man through superficial displays such as ocassionally bumping into each other in college, in the span of roughly 6 months. I mean, you obviously can't imagine this, but really, just try and give me anything. I know my intentions are manipulative here, but I don't care.
    I'm probably as close an EII can get to an SLI anyway.

IEE's always initiate, because SLI's never do.

As for getting one back, IEE's hate Destiny, so just tell them something that will never happen between you. “I will never sleep with you.” They will work to prove you wrong.

If it matters at all to you, my ex-wife's sister is IEE, and she is married to an EII, after divorcing an LSE.

Don't tell her about Socionics. In fact, tell her as little about anything as you can. That's the SLI behavior that they are expecting. If you need a point of reference, John Wayne was an SLI.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    IEE's hate Destiny, so just tell them something that will never happen between you. “I will never sleep with you.” They will work to prove you wrong.
    When they have already lost interest, they will smile sweetly and say "damn right you won't" and turn to their new love interest.

Maybe that's more 7 than IEE though.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Personally, I find emotional fragility somewhat difficult to deal with in partners - it makes me watchful of what I say and do and that makes me feel trapped and restricted. I also feel bad when I cause emotional turmoil or bad feelings. I might have some advice on how to "attract her again," but frankly, I don't think she should be baited into falling for someone fragile and unstable and unable to take care of himself. That does not sound fair to her. The best strategy for both of you, I think, would be to work on you, perhaps with her as your inspiration, but not pursue until you can be a more stable, solid, self-sufficient partner?

IEEs don't like to have to take care of someone out of necessity (vs. out of free will and the desire to see someone happy). You might manipulate her into going for you, but eventually you will lose her again.

But to answer your question, I am quite attracted to confident, solid, and capable men and introversion keeps me intrigued and feel more at ease with my own extroversion. I am turned off by neediness and constant complaining, lack of courage, dependence on comfort zones, too much overthinking, and lack of energy.
    This advice is much better than mine.

I meant fragile as in gets easily attached and is evidently hurt by rejection (she was the 1st person I got emotionally attached to afterall). I'm not thickskinned in convos and love to move boundaries (in convos), but I'm deepy affected by the pressure of doing stunts in front of a crowd I know I'll see again. I think the trouble I had getting physical also cost me big time. I've already somewhat changed (I think), so here's to hoping. Otherwise, I told her freely about me visiting a psychologist for my asocial behaviour on our third date. In hindsight, still not the best move.
    It is my intention to get my act together. I needed belief though. So I have some now at least. Thanks

Lol, fine, I will say as little as possible. It does. How are they getting along?
    I intend to ask her out at least twice, to hopefully spark interest again. If not by then, well, I hope I'll have shit to take my mind off the issue.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, fine, I will say as little as possible.
    Well, saying very little might be your first impulse after going down in flames, but really, you can and should say what ever you want. My advice was really meant as a joke, because it really is the way SLI's act. EII's are fairly different from SLI's, IME. And if you are trying to be someone you aren't, or are suppressing your natural impulses simply to appear more acceptable to someone, you are on the wrong track. Dating is all about meeting people, and finding out who you like to be with. Not everyone will qualify.

It does. How are they getting along?
    How would you expect an EII and an IEE to be? They are both feelers, so they support each other emotionally, seem to be pretty happy with each other, and are about as poor as you can be and still exist. They live in a tiny log cabin on a small plot of ground in a pine forest in the middle of nowhere in Michigan, where it is beautiful and there are absolutely no jobs. In comparison to their duals, LSE's usually make a lot of money, and SLI's usually manage to keep whatever money they earn. However, if their economic situation causes any friction between them, I haven't heard of it.
    From my perspective, I find the way they seem to support each other emotionally to be quite admirable.

I intend to ask her out at least twice, to hopefully spark interest again. If not by then, well, I hope I'll have shit to take my mind off the issue.
    Good luck with that. Kim's description of the way IEE's move on from relationships coincides with what I have seen, so you might have an opportunity to try again with another person. Attraction is great, but proper timing is essential, and you might have been trying to ripen a field before harvest time.

Well, saying very little might be your first impulse after going down in flames, but really, you can and should say what ever you want. My advice was really meant as a joke, because it really is the way SLI's act. EII's are fairly different from SLI's, IME. And if you are trying to be someone you aren't, or are suppressing your natural impulses simply to appear more acceptable to someone, you are on the wrong track. Dating is all about meeting people, and finding out who you like to be with. Not everyone will qualify.

How would you expect an EII and an IEE to be? They are both feelers, so they support each other emotionally, seem to be pretty happy with each other, and are about as poor as you can be and still exist. They live in a tiny log cabin on a small plot of ground in a pine forest in the middle of nowhere in Michigan, where it is beautiful and there are absolutely no jobs. In comparison to their duals, LSE's usually make a lot of money, and SLI's usually manage to keep whatever money they earn. However, if their economic situation causes any friction between them, I haven't heard of it.
    From my perspective, I find the way they seem to support each other emotionally to be quite admirable.

Good luck with that. Kim's description of the way IEE's move on from relationships coincides with what I have seen, so you might have an opportunity to try again with another person. Attraction is great, but proper timing is essential, and you might have been trying to ripen a field before harvest time.
    I didn't mean it to such a degree. It was more tounge in cheek really. I wouldn't change myself to such a degree, because it's essentially impossible and imprudent. It's about general obstacles, not so much type related, may be only a bit. My general presentation would, whether I like it or not, remain EII-ish. I get what you mean about dating, but again I don't care atm. She provides something I think I can hardly get anywhere else.
    I don't know how I would expect them; my knowledge extends a little bit deeper than stereotypes. But I'm pretty sure of OUR types. That's nice though, but I would need some other goal.
    Yeah, I've read about that as well. I think I would be her first too, so maybe she would be a little bit more reluctant but I don't know. Can't do much here but hope she stays single. If someone else does come along for me, then there's no problem. I've recently asked another girl out who I was attracted to, but had a boyfriend, so...

Since I'm stuck it seems in an agonizing cycle of self-pity circling through my type and my situation (that's unfortunately how I feel about my type atm, my ideals simply clash), is there anything analogous to a manual for getting out of a rut for essentially traumatized and unhealthy EIIs, or any advice? Should I just take look at non-socionics related sources? The purpose of this question also lies in me being much more susceptible to outside encouragement, as opposed to anything internal. I'll actually get off my ass and work on myself if I'm told to do so.
    It seems almost like I need to resocialize myself, develop a work ethic, become more reliable and informed, etc. One thing that's gonna be crucial is me accepting my type. I feel I'm incredibly disinclined to doing so and actively oppose any impulse I percieve as springing from my stacking. I can not seem to escape it. (I am seeing a therapist, but I want to do something additional) Since I can not avoid insulting other EIIs, I can only ask that you understand my position (you can still flame me though ). It seems like I need to completely rewire some of my unconscious prejudices and feelings about things.
    I also really fear not being able to stabilize or control my emotions at least to a degree (this is particularly related to the IEE girl); I feel trapped again.
    Anyway, boot me to work please.
    P.S. I actually feel better after writing this. So there's that. DAMMIT

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quick side note: I don't think talking about seeking psychological help is bad, even on date three. I don't believe in "being on best behavior" for too long. The more people know early on the, the easier it is for them to make an informed decision.
    ― Anais Nin

Quick side note: I don't think talking about seeking psychological help is bad, even on date three. I don't believe in "being on best behavior" for too long. The more people know early on the, the easier it is for them to make an informed decision.
    Well the thing is, I don't know what she imagined from that. I don't think it caused the change of heart (the resulting social ineptness and cowardice later on were more blatant), but it might have given her a worse framing for the whole ordeal, given the following behaviour she witnessed from me. But I understand your general idea, from the perspective of screening relationship candidates and generally agree.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well the thing is, I don't know what she imagined from that. I don't think it caused the change of heart (the resulting social ineptness and cowardice later on were more blatant), but it might have given her a worse framing for the whole ordeal, given the following behaviour she witnessed from me. But I understand your general idea and generally agree.
    What behavior did she witness? I mean, in more concrete terms if you care to share? Generally IEEs are pretty forgiving of quirky or "different" people.
    ― Anais Nin

What behavior did she witness? I mean, in more concrete terms if you care to share? Generally IEEs are pretty forgiving of quirky or "different" people.
    Pfff, well it's time I guess to reveal some of the moments I will not joyously remember once I'm old. Essentially, I wasn't interested until date 3, and only decided to reciprocate because, while I adored her as a person, I was not physicaly attracted and couldn't do anything about it. Anyway, so I reciprocated anyway, since I was really touched by her attempts (I do not want to get into this), and felt it was a great waste not to enter this relatioship for this reason. Anyhow, after I displayed interest back, I was not able to even grab a hold of her hand until like date fucking 7. I know. I know. Lay it on me. Or maybe you won't and I have great misconceptions.
    So that was an example of cowardice, though there were other. Now onto something which I would label pitiable. I had no fucking clue how to interact with her in college. I didn't know whether I should sit with her, whether to approach her, whether to greet her or anything. It messed my mind up turning it round and round. And let's just say, the outcome of some made me look like a pitiable, sorry excuse for a man, very infantile. Ahm. It seems obvious now, but at the time it's like she found me in a forest. I really just had no clue and had terrible ideas of things.
    I also told her something which I wanted to take back immediatly, as it wasn't true when I reflected on it and was more of a notion picked up somewhere else, but didn't as I didn't think it would lead to anything. I'm only including to encase everything. I have no actual idea of it's impact. It might have had some, as it related to something pretty personal, but I don't know.

Edit: I should mention I became physically attracted later on. So basically I was completely into her. In case you end up reading this, one of the situation after the breakup is tied to my emotional fragility. We ran into each other once right outside uni, and I don't know whether she was up in the clouds or tried to avoid interacting with me, but I said hey with a BIG smile which surprised even me, but it seemed like if I didn't she would just straight move past me. So seeing her not even look at me in the beginning made me shake my head with a sad smiling expression as if I was telling myself to forget it. I also just went on at that point since I had class which makes the situation look worse. She greeted me akwardly after I said hey.
    It all happened really fast. I couldn't take control.
    Last edited by someoneaskedmetofly; 12-29-2016 at 02:29 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tell her about Socionics. In fact, tell her as little about anything as you can. That's the SLI behavior that they are expecting. If you need a point of reference, John Wayne was an SLI.
    I can't tell if you're joking or not

John Wayne may have attempted to play tough guy SLI characters but he very very overtly was not at all such
    Do you type ronald reagan as SLI too?

re "say as little about anything as you can" as actual advice for a relationship or to draw people - it's a bit supposing what profiles say in the most contrived sens are actually usable as pick-up artist tactics to apply in the real world

particularly if the person is a healthy delta nf this will get shredded

As far as this thread goes
    I'd wager the OP actually isn't EII
    But yeah sounds like general teenage angst

MY advice is to not try to use typology too much to adapt yourself here
    and the concept of winning people back is pretty much silly outside of the movies

if the person IS delta nf - they are unlikely to be moved by nature of how they go about their decisions anyway
    but young people and young relationships are spurious

I like this song though

Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I can't tell if you're joking or not

John Wayne may have attempted to play tough guy SLI characters but he very very overtly was not at all such
    Do you type ronald reagan as SLI too?

re "say as little about anything as you can" as actual advice for a relationship or to draw people - it's a bit supposing what profiles say in the most contrived sens are actually usable as pick-up artist tactics to apply in the real world

particularly if the person is a healthy delta nf this will get shredded

As far as this thread goes
    I'd wager the OP actually isn't EII
    But yeah sounds like general teenage angst

MY advice is to not try to use typology too much to adapt yourself here
    and the concept of winning people back is pretty much silly outside of the movies

if the person IS delta nf - they are unlikely to be moved by nature of how they go about their decisions anyway

While I become sure of my type through other means, if I go by the dichotomies, and not assume I'm introverted:
    I'm definitely ethical and probably intuitive. For the sake of it, if I assume I'm sensing, in conjunction with other recognized traits, I get no type.
    I'm aristocratic, strategic, static and probably farsighted. Leaves nothing else other than EII. And the difference was pretty obvious between her and I. I mean, I am unhealthy, but I don't know what I would be like if I was healthy. Anyway, I get what gave you the impression, but as I said I'm probably unhealthy anyway atm. At the same time though, you are much more knowledgeable and experienced here and it's not like I exactly poured in tons of time into research, so... maybe you have some convincing observations.
    It's general teenage angst... Trivialize my suffering some more!

I'm kidding. But I'd rather not put such things in normative behavioural boxes. But maybe I should and see it only as an early delusion. Or maybe not just because it's widespread, but the at the same time I could simply derive useful things from it. Like hell I will though... Am way too lazy and don't give a hoot about logical or moreso behavioural observations, particularly when they go against something I want... heh. Well unless they've been revealed as unequivocally true. In which case... Fawk.
    It's silly? That's quite disappointing and depressing if true. Maybe it was the phrasing? Essentially it was intended I display changes and see if she might be more inclined this time around. I mean I'm gonna try it anyway, way to inclined and got nothing to lose, and I'm not taking your remark seriously either. And I'm not gonna voluntarly. But you've probably planted a doubt, one which'll mature over time and then jump at me. I recognize the feeling.
    I'll take THAT advice happily though. Thanks.
    PS. I like how you insert little topic transitions by going into the next line, also without punctuation. It's endearing and weirdly effective. Particularly 'but young people and young relationships are spurious'. But that line has power on it's own I guess. Aphorisms FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post

Are you referring to me or her or essentially both (not directly due to the singular, but I can derive)? I mean you capitalized the IS, but the whole line seems so bleak as if it refers more to her obstinacy.
    Last edited by someoneaskedmetofly; 12-29-2016 at 02:30 PM.

I'm a bit worried she might be privy to this thread now, but fuck it, I'll use it for general resocialization. I might have fully lost her anyway, if I haven't before that is.
    Since it seems I'm absolutely terrible and judge social situations completely incorrectly, I would ask any if you to explain exactly why did I seem to think like this in this situation, I'll give you the quick rundown without missing the key things:
    when she rejected me, I was pretty agitated and anxious and told her that her cliche explanations were hurtful, and that practically speaking we couldn't be friends, essentially acquaintences as most likely neither of us'll set up plans to hang out outside uni (she proposed we stay friends). So I was worried she might think I'm overly hurt. On top of situations like the ones described above (bumping into each other) which weren't too numerous, she also gave me chocolate for a holiday here (unrelated to Christmas, have NEVER recieved anything from a friend before), and texted me happy holidays. I didn't like how much she seems to believe that I'm hurt (or at least I percieved it that way, as otherwise we really don't talk at all) and well today I sent her text saying sorry for the harsh words and that obviously were friends. Low and behold, she texted me back, that I don't have to worry about it, even beginning with... 'lol'. WTF. About her feelings? And the 'lol' just completely sent me flying and basically showed me how wrong I have been for taking this so seriously... as always. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Now, it might seem negligible, but I want to know whether I was right in even thinking the texting was required. I mean these situations are very flexible, so I won't be able to use it as a precedent, but in general it should help me in some ways. This post is rather impulsive, so... But I don't know. I think I just need someone to talk to and currently I only have you unfortunately. In case you're wondering why I don't try other forums, I will probably, and also because I expect to recieve some harsh and realistic replies here, which'll hopefully help me get used to dealing with them.
    So if not before, I'm sure she now thinks of me as completely socially retarded. Whoopy... And also it shows that I might have still been thinking a lot about her and am super serious. It's been almost 3 months btw.
    I sent her saying that I thought SHE was worried afterwards, including that I don't understand this whole thing then and basically rounded it off. I'm pretty depressed atm and just feel completely like I'm defective.
    I don't know whether these are simply differences between types or whatnot, or if I'm simply overthinking, or it's just due to my prolonged partial isolation (as in no friends, still had family which I don't feel particularly connected to). I don't know. I'll try to limit posts like these. Hopefully this is just a process, and I will get better at one point, but I feel pretty hopeless in regards to her now. Am scared I creeped her out since I showed this kind of attention again. I should mention, in hindsight the timing was pretty bad. Out of nowhere I sent it essentially.
    I forgot to mention, it was also to make our relationship less akward, to be friends because apparently I felt we weren't. I don't know.
    I'm basically gonna force myself to to stop thinking about her now. I don't know what I'll do about my motivation. Will just try to wing it for now. Feels like I enjoy being pitied to, or maybe it's healthy to enjoy sympathy.
    So now I've come to the conclusion to just not take it so seriously, that I'm thinking to hard. Maybe it is that. I don't know what to do about the emptiness though.
    Last edited by someoneaskedmetofly; 12-30-2016 at 07:51 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get your life together elsewhere, itll make you a more attractive person.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Get your life together elsewhere, itll make you a more attractive person.
    It's an issue, because I can't get motivated for anything apart for intimate relationships (edit:, but maybe that due to possible dysthimia, now depression probably, but this would only be a rough self-diagnosis). And indirect motivations are very lousy, very flimsy, unless they take little work. I mean, I have a dream of great achievements, or at least if I go a little pseudopsy here, I like to believe I am a man endowed with the qualities to achieve greatness, so it has an impact on the present. Like a protagonist in a movie, initially a loser, later triumphs. But that's there to give me a favourable role, self-image. God knows how I would've gotten through highschool without that.
    I just hate how things like this affect me.
    I could go on and on about how inflexible I am, how unenergetic and rigid, but that's basically me lamenting the EII description (though it largely applies, particularly Si HA), magnified by the contrast with the IEE, whose qualities for some reason I despretely long for atm. It was different in the past, I was content with myself, but I had a more favourable interpretation for myself and wasn't trapped in a fucking type. Great change was possible.
    I'm ranting a bit. Have never done this before for others to see in any capacity. Sorry you guys have to be the first

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, get motivated if you want her.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Well, get motivated if you want her.
    Alright. Let's see if it's so simple. Everything else acts like a self-defeating prophecy anyway I guess, and maybe I'll find some other source of motivation as well. Stop thinking and do.
    Last edited by someoneaskedmetofly; 12-31-2016 at 03:00 PM.

This thread will be suspended until further notice, as last night I saw her with someone Guess you were right. Their being together, I believe, was of romantic nature due to the look she gave me. It conveyed sentiments like 'I'm sorry its like this' (the look itself implies that she knew I still had feeling for her), with me sensing the dynamic of our relationship of that moment (either that or Im projecting): her higher position due to her lack of such emotional vulnerability. A complete lack of potential of a romantic relationship in her eyes, due to her simply not being able to seemingly merge with me, as two series of pins can not dovetail. But, I think I'm gonna stop paying credence to such thoughts. Not only does it seem my nose is completely uncalibrated or just entirely subjective, but they are only a reflection of the current circumstances and act as discouragement. Though who knows if the components which do construct them are constant or not, or if not constant simply my more inclined, natural behaviour. It seems like I prefer acting as my ideal image anyway. I feel wholesome. This reminds me of this to a degree:
    An INFP lives in a constant state of Becoming. We exist in flux between who we are at this moment and our vision of our Ideal Self. INFPs don’t measure our lives by the static sum of present circumstances but in the possibility of what we can become. Because of this, we feel happy or unhappy to the degree which we feel we have control over becoming that Ideal Self.
    We feel happiest when we feel that our actions move us towards that Ideal. We are unhappy when we feel other people or outside circumstances control our ability to become our Ideal.
    http://www.infpblog.com/infp/infp-description
    He's using MBTI, but it refers to EIIs. Well, as long as I'm EII. I don't care too much about the rest of the blog post, but that struck a cord.
    The kind of relationship that I seem to dream of is examplified by Oreki and Chitanda in Hyouka. Its SLI and IEE duality. By nature of circumstance, it seems to have become so.
    That'll be it for now then. I'll also probably look elsewhere, hoping I can find someone who'll provide what she did. I'll check back in 6 months if were single, though it seems hopeless honestly. Feels like I don't even know her anymore. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by someoneaskedmetofly; 01-01-2017 at 01:37 PM.